Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,252 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac (42531 Views)

Donald Trump Attacks Biden, Says Deal To Return Brittney Griner To US Was Stupid / Viktor Bout: Russian "Merchant Of Death’ Swapped For Brittney Griner / U.S & Russian Soldiers Crossed Paths & Greeted Each Other In Syria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by AngelicBeing: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2022
sukkot:
so this exchange happened under a full moon. awon high level occultists and magicians at work

well america is officially over. the DOUBLE IMPACT HAS BEEN RELEASED FROM THE PIT. eXPect african americans to take it down from within and russia to take it down from outside
Dayuum, here we go again with Prophet Obadiah 777 shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Starhearts: 9:15am On Dec 09, 2022
ShoeWorld2:
Who are we going to exchange for Ekweremmadu with UK lipsrsealed

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices

Nnamidi Kanu
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by obedience4(m): 9:20am On Dec 09, 2022
Dalil8:
A big win for Russia.

U.S Marine Paul Whelan is still rotting away in a Russian prison.

Check the total list of Russia link kGB rotting in guatamao bay??
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by obedience4(m): 9:21am On Dec 09, 2022
boluwatife122:
Russia made a good use of this opportunity for real,Biden is a bad negotiator... imagine exchanging a basketball player with an international arms dealer that has delivered weapons of destruction in many wars...and I learnt this lady doesn't even regard the US like dat,always showing unpatriotic attitudes,a former Marine is also in Russian prison buh he was not exchanged,I guess it's because of the popularity of this basketball player sha

A USA citizen is important, it doesn't matter if it is a Base ball player or basketball player, a citizen is a citizen
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by arantess: 9:22am On Dec 09, 2022
id4sho:
shocked
Nnamdi kanu, but that him case get as e b. He has no value.
Lol

The man has more value than you, that's why he was bungled in first place, after giving them sleepless nights.

Now who are you?
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Moikiitos: 9:22am On Dec 09, 2022
Countries that goes after their far and near ��

HonNL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIkzBcGUs4w

SOURCE
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by happney65: 9:22am On Dec 09, 2022
Dalil8:
A big win for Russia.

U.S Marine Paul Whelan is still rotting away in a Russian prison.

On this,I think it's a win for Russia. But come to think of it. Why not Paul Whelan but Griner? Could it be that Griner might be a secret agent or something that the US cannot afford to lose. Because I can't wrap my head's about getting her out for an armsdealer and leaving a marine behind

I think there is much to what we know.I think so
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by obedience4(m): 9:23am On Dec 09, 2022
NakedTruth4eva:

That's not true. Boko haram and other terrorists in Africa are sponsored by the West. They use Western weapons. Lafarge, a French company was recently indicted for sponsoring terrorism. That's why many African countries are contracting Russia's Wagner group to help fight Western sponsored terrorists in their countries. The issue stated by the US was that this guy supplied weapons to Governments that the US were against, like Charles Taylor of Liberia and others

AK 47 are western weapons abi, old Soviet RPG that the boko harem and the m23 rebels, are Western weapons abi, go and see down,
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by almarthins(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2022
HonNL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIkzBcGUs4w

SOURCE

I fear this is another card in russian game against the west in ukraine
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by sukkot: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Dayuum, here we go again with Prophet Obadiah 777 shocked
Yes Sir am back. no more low level trolling. am back with the esoteric messages grin grin

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by obedience4(m): 9:26am On Dec 09, 2022
Oddfinder12:
wink
Putin my real nigga
I hope American ass lickers can see through their hypocrisy now..Ukrainians are dieing in their numbers, their cities are getting burnt. But they have refused to compromise and negotiate. While the Us pushing them,leading them on quickly swapped a gun runner,someone considered to have sold weapons to terrorists for a Lesbian crack head. You can see that the US is not even using thesame aggressive energy it has encouraged Ukraine to use in engaging with Russia!

Even Russia and Ukraine swap prisoners of war, even during this present conflict,
Keep your mouth shut
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by AngelicBeing: 9:29am On Dec 09, 2022
sukkot:
Yes Sir am back. no more low level trolling. am back with the esoteric messages grin grin
Dayuummmmmm, Father Continue to speak into the Spiritual ears of your son sukkot, Anoint his eye's and ears to look beyond the visible to the invisible and let Your liquid Fire, your Flaming Sword quicken sukkot to function in your will in Jesus Name,

Huh, did l just said a word of Prayer for sukkot shocked
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by sukkot: 9:35am On Dec 09, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Dayuummmmmm, Father Continue to speak into the Spiritual ears of your son sukkot, Anoint his eye's and ears to look beyond the visible to the invisible and let Your liquid Fire, your Flaming Sword quicken sukkot to function in your will in Jesus Name,

Huh, did l just said a word of Prayer for sukkot shocked
ASHE ASHE ASHE ASHE cry cry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Kaytixy: 9:36am On Dec 09, 2022
Putin bad wallahi. Dem even barber the girl hair.
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Dalil8: 9:37am On Dec 09, 2022
obedience4:

Check the total list of Russia link kGB rotting in guatamao bay??

Same number of US/CIA spies rotting in Russian gulags.
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Masterviolence(m): 9:38am On Dec 09, 2022
This is like swapping a Toyota Corolla with a Bugatti divo
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by tctrills: 9:38am On Dec 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered my question.

These are your exact words:

"When you love your people, you would value a crack head above a high ranked terrorist. It's something Nigeria can learn from."

Why was Paul Whelan who is a marine and who has been in a Russian jail since 2018 not exchanged for victor bout? Why was Griner the preferred choice? Does the US not love Paul Whelan?

I have answered you question unless you did not get my answer. You can rephrase your question and I would answer it once again.
I also explained to you that the priority should be civilians, women and children.
So if a soldier is not yet exchanged it's understandable.
You do not leave your women in captivity and rescue your soldiers.
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by tctrills: 9:39am On Dec 09, 2022
Masterviolence:
This is like swapping a Toyota Corolla with a Bugatti divo
Except that the Toyota Corolla is your citizen.
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by obedience4(m): 9:43am On Dec 09, 2022
Dalil8:

Same number of US/CIA spies rotting in Russian gulags.

So why the ranting about the ex Marine..
Get out of my mention
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by meobizy(f): 9:43am On Dec 09, 2022
I like how UAE was the selected location. One would think Russia was selected.
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Oddfinder12: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2022
richeeyo:

U no get brain, you don't understand diplomatic affairs its beyond your reasoning capability
Na u no get one single sense A high ranking illegal arms dealer was swapped for a Lesbian crack head..and u call dat diplomacy? While a us marine rots away in thesame Russia
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Dalil8: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2022
obedience4:

Get out of my mention

You quoted me first u goat fvcker.

Now sod off!
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by One4me: 9:53am On Dec 09, 2022
One Convicted Smuggler, IN EXCHANGE for another Convicted Smuggler!
What is all the noise about?
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by richeeyo(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2022
Oddfinder12:

Na u no get one single sense A high ranking illegal arms dealer was swapped for a Lesbian crack head..and u call dat diplomacy? While a us marine rots away in thesame Russia
Oponu weight the evidence they gat on the Marchant its very little
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2022
Just like in the movies, atleast Hollywood got it right this time around, and God bless Lord Putin. grin
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 09, 2022
obedience4:

Get out of my mention

Like I told you before, you know nothing about geopolitics.

This is a big “L” for the US from an international perspective. It only shows the world where the real strength lies.

You can’t understand this level of negotiation as there are a lot attached to it.

In international politics, little things that a novice like you overlook matters a lot. I.e body language.

Notice how MBS of Saudi welcomed Biden vs how MBS welcomed XI.

Olaf scholz visit to China, his length of stay and the text that was read out.

XI scolding of Justin Trudeau at the G20 summit in Bali.

Seek wisdom.

Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by One4me: 9:58am On Dec 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered my question.

These are your exact words:

"When you love your people, you would value a crack head above a high ranked terrorist. It's something Nigeria can learn from."

Why was Paul Whelan who is a marine and who has been in a Russian jail since 2018 not exchanged for victor bout? Why was Griner the preferred choice? Does the US not love Paul Whelan?

You have a point.
Infact, about two years ago, Russia proposed exchanging the Arms Dealer, with the Ex-Marine, Whelan but America refused, saying Russia should just release Whelan.

Then this happened?

It shows that Biden places more premium of the Basketballer, because she is LGBT.
It even gets worse knowing that Whelan is serving espionage charges, something that annoys foreign countries a lot.

What would happen next is that America will try to snag a very important Russian, to force an exchange with Whelan in the future.
If l were a Russian, l will stay clear of America and be wary of any dealings with them or their proxies.
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by seanwilliam(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2022
There is more to this
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Originalsly: 10:03am On Dec 09, 2022
Enddy50ty:

The Russian government needed to get their man (Merchant Of Death) out of prison knowing that all American lives matters to the government, so they went for this innocent woman who her alleged crime was being in possession of a substance that contained marijuana oil.

This is like swapping your infinix smart 5 with an iPhone 14 pro max.

Why not swapping for Paul Whelan? ... he was there before ... he was a Marine ... who put his life on the line for his country.... shouldn't his life matter more to the government? ... and why would Russia snatch her for the swap? ... a Black female BB player who is not a household name in the US? If you understand .... like Russia does .... the influence of the gay community on the Biden administration you will see why she was snatched and the swap took place.
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by BRATISLAVA: 10:05am On Dec 09, 2022
Why is her face concealed, but his face must be exposed? Aren't they both jailbirds?

Skewered morality.
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by Wuppdex: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2022
We can choose you grin

ShoeWorld2:
Who are we going to exchange for Ekweremmadu with UK lipsrsealed

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices
Re: Prisoner Swap: The Moment Bout, Griner Crossed Paths At a UAE airport tarmac by One4me: 10:08am On Dec 09, 2022
Oddfinder12:
wink
Putin my real nigga
I hope American ass lickers can see through their hypocrisy now..Ukrainians are dieing in their numbers, their cities are getting burnt. But they have refused to compromise and negotiate. While the Us pushing them,leading them on quickly swapped a gun runner,someone considered to have sold weapons to terrorists for a Lesbian crack head. You can see that the US is not even using thesame aggressive energy it has encouraged Ukraine to use in engaging with Russia!

Na Mumu dey go prison for wetin Raaare do.
That is Street Wisdom. undecided

Zelensky is yet to realise that he is a Pawn in a Chess game, he thinks just because a Slave is invited to the Dinner Table, it has become a Slave Owner.

This War will one day, come to an End. As of TODAY, Europe still buys Russian Oil and Gas and so many other Minerals.
America is more concerned about its own interest and the will only act, if their interest aligns with yours or they can use you to advance their own interest.

In Palestine this year, over 300 Palestinians Civilians have been killed by Israel, they kill them every day but you will never hear it reported in Western Media, because America and Israel interests align.

Look at the Congo Masacre, No Western Country is imposing sanctions or sending Weapons to the Govt of Congo.

America and Russia will still shake hands, in a few years but Ukraine under Zelensky, has become a ruined Country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Nuke Bombers And Nato Jets Conduct War Games On Russia Doorstep / Marilou Danley The Girlfriend Of Stephen Paddock, The Las Vegas Shooter / Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.