Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order (43116 Views)

Suspected IPOB Gunmen Burn Down Cars And Tricycles In Owerri Okigwe Road / Gunmen Burn DSS, FRSC Offices In Nnewi Over Nigerian Flag / Police Arrest Six IPOB Members In Ebonyi While Enforcing Sit-at-Home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order by christistruth01: 1:30am On Dec 11, 2022
grin
Re: Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order by occfx: 9:10am On Dec 11, 2022
BreconHills:

I dont understand - negotiate what with Kanu. The igbos have a Presidential candidate who by his party's account has an excellent chance of winning the next election - what is the agitation? You can't have nigeria as a zoo as option 1 and Peter Obi as option 2. Igbos have to decide which option addresses marginalisation. It can't be both.

In the south west there was bloody agitation too in the person of Sunday oghoho but see how that has died down.

If igbos continue to sit on the fence and trying yo have option 2 while retaining the right to continue option 1 then they may well lose both options which would be a shame.

If I were the FGN I would have allowed the referendum. FGN honestly has nothing to lose other than other regions claiming the same right.

The SE should make up their mind what they want.

The way you guys reason is just out of this world. How does agitation equate presidential election? Agitation can go on for ages if it's genuine. As far as you are not trying to take power by force, agitation is genuine. If PO wins, agitation will still continue all over Nigeria however, if he call agitators and negotiate, possibly arrive at a point, then country can come back to be one. You think Yoruba agitation died down, think again. Biafra agitation did not die down after killing 3m of them. You think killing Sunday igboho will die Yoruba agitation down. If Nigeria continues to decline like this, more agitators will come up even in the north and Middle belt. Let's be reasonable. Peter Obi or not, Biafra will still agitate, but how he will handle it will be the difference.

Make una push hatred backwards, Igbos are only asking for a better condition of life. Europe and America no get two heads, na agitators who felt the need to do the right things fixed it.
Re: Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order by BreconHills(m): 10:43am On Dec 11, 2022
occfx:

The way you guys reason is just out of this world. How does agitation equate presidential election? Agitation can go on for ages if it's genuine. As far as you are not trying to take power by force, agitation is genuine. If PO wins, agitation will still continue all over Nigeria however, if he call agitators and negotiate, possibly arrive at a point, then country can come back to be one. You think Yoruba agitation died down, think again. Biafra agitation did not die down after killing 3m of them. You think killing Sunday igboho will die Yoruba agitation down. If Nigeria continues to decline like this, more agitators will come up even in the north and Middle belt. Let's be reasonable. Peter Obi or not, Biafra will still agitate, but how he will handle it will be the difference.

Make una push hatred backwards, Igbos are only asking for a better condition of life. Europe and America no get two heads, na agitators who felt the need to do the right things fixed it.

Ipob has transformed SE opinion to something akin to Islam. Having two extremes of opinion; fundamental ipob and UGM who advocate secession and moderate ipob minus UGM who favour political power.

There is even something more invidious that connects these two extremes. Something found in the Islam hadith or sayings of prophet mohammed The Prophet said: 'War is deceit'." (Bukhari 52:269)" An idea is growing that the SE is employing a cunning stratagem for power by all means which involves deception as to what it actually wants - is it secession or political power? It seems that SE is saying whatever it needs to say in order to advance its interests. It will be interesting to see what moderate ipob will have to say from Day 1 if the LP loses the next Presidential election.

You say you want a better life. But surely it should be the north and maybe the SS that alone can have this argument. You have economic power, you have education and you have lower maternal mortality, more bedspace per patient and a higher doctor to patient ratio than the north or SS. Maybe what the East wants is not an opportunity for a better life but its own chance to dominate national affairs - seeing that all other regions have had their turn?

This divide between fundamentalism and moderation is why other regions are sceptical of the SE's true intention and why it struggles to capture the alliances it requires for political power.

Don't take this wrong. What I have expressed is the thinking of many Nigerians outside the SE. Is the SE like mohammed adopting deceit as a strategy of war? Because its people are not speaking with one voice. Militants are applauded on the backstage and denied on the front stage (PS: it's actually the dss and the fgn that are the unknown gunmen)

I will read your response but I will likely not reply to it because I do not think I can express my opinion and certainly the opinion of many non SE people better than I have done here.
Re: Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order by Ekpeitit(m): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2022
Shithole South Yeast grin grin grin
You will get 2 percent votes this time.
Re: Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order by occfx: 11:33am On Dec 11, 2022
BreconHills:

Ipob has transformed SE opinion to something akin to Islam. Having two extremes of opinion; fundamental ipob and UGM who advocate secession and moderate ipob minus UGM who favour political power.

There is even something more invidious that connects these two extremes. Something found in the Islam hadith or sayings of prophet mohammed The Prophet said: 'War is deceit'." (Bukhari 52:269)" An idea is growing that the SE is employing a cunning stratagem for power by all means which involves deception as to what it actually wants - is it secession or political power? It seems that SE is saying whatever it needs to say in order to advance its interests. It will be interesting to see what moderate ipob will have to say from Day 1 if the LP loses the next Presidential election.

You say you want a better life. But surely it should be the north and maybe the SS that alone can have this argument. You have economic power, you have education and you have lower maternal mortality, more bedspace per patient and a higher doctor to patient ratio than the north or SS. Maybe what the East wants is not an opportunity for a better life but its own chance to dominate national affairs - seeing that all other regions have had their turn?

This divide between fundamentalism and moderation is why other regions are sceptical of the SE's true intention and why it struggles to capture the alliances it requires for political power.

Don't take this wrong. What I have expressed is the thinking of many Nigerians outside the SE. Is the SE like mohammed adopting deceit as a strategy of war? Because its people are not speaking with one voice. Militants are applauded on the backstage and denied on the front stage (PS: it's actually the dss and the fgn that are the unknown gunmen)

I will read your response but I will likely not reply to it because I do not think I can express my opinion and certainly the opinion of many non SE people better than I have done here.

I am trying to figure out the problem you have with the SE.

1) I noticed you want SE to define what they want either PO or Biafra.

Answer - what is wrong in having a good leader at the top who would address Biafra agitation properly. Or, would you rather choose a bad leader because, the good leader is coming from a region who is agitating? Verdict - it's unreasonable of you.

Better life yes... The north is dragging the igbos backwards. Those things you mentioned were created by the igbos for themselves without government assistance. You cannot be running and someone will be dragging you backwards, you will be angry of course. If PO was from the west or north, I tell you igbos will vote for him. More than 50% of igbos voted for buhari in 2015 against GEJ thinking Buhari will fix electricity and fix insecurity. As you can see there is need to take over the power and try what other tribes have failed to do or get out of the system that is dragging you backwards. There is nothing wrong in having the strong will to achieve greatness

2) You said ipob turned east to a war zone.

Answer - when herders started killing people and Amotekun was created for the west while nothing was done for the east, what do you expect the indigenes to do? To sit back and be slaughtered? Of course they have to carry arms. Arms struggles goes into the wrong hands in the process and thats what they deny. No igbo man is denying ESN but unknown gun men, nobody knows who. Some people applaud them because the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Example is bakassy boys of aba. People applauded until they turn armed robbers. By the time UGM time expires, Igbos will still go against them. Igbos only want freedom, if govt cage them, they start fighting the govt, if UGM cage them, they will retaliate as well. Let us simply elect a good leader and everything will be in place

3) You said they want to take power by force.

Answer - What is holding FG from convicting MNK of treason over a year now?

Fact and the Truth is Igbos want Biafra but a better Nigeria could cure the quest. However, the Nigeria you have today is as good as the worst country in the world and any reasonable person will want out if he can't fix it.

I ask you directly, how long would you stay in a bad marriage, is it until you are killed?

Tell yourself the truth!!
Re: Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order by Tycyborg(m): 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2022
yahoodetector:
The activities of the gun men is becoming too much but I still blame the Governor for just sitting on the fence with his hands folded like nothing is happening.

If I were the government that's is what I Willa do because their people loved it... Remember when the government start bringing lot of soldiers... All of them are saying Fulani soldiers should go. They don't need soldiers... So now you guys are still blaming the government... That's madness at the highest latitude.
Re: Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order by Sleekfingers: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
That's good . They should continue
Re: Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order by stuffs2002: 3:02am On Dec 16, 2022
HomoSapiien:

Igbos aren’t known to take responsibilities for their foolish behavior. They’ll always find someone to pin their foolishness on. Continue!

An average S/E person never takes responsibility for their actions. Even Ekweremadu is blaming EFCC for his arrest for organ harvest in the UK
Re: Gunmen Burn Main Market In Imo State Community Enforcing Sit At Home Order by stuffs2002: 3:02am On Dec 16, 2022
deeva2:

Average IPOB will always blame others for their foolishness and misfortune.

Obifraud shud call his boys to order.

An average S/E person never takes responsibility for their actions. Even Ekweremadu is blaming EFCC for his arrest for organ harvest in the UK

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zuriel Oduwole With US Top Executives - Photos / Police Launch Manhunt For Reporter Who Shared IGP Idris’ 'Transmission' Video / APC Crisis: Crack In Presidency Widens As Osinbajo Maintains Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.