Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? (22283 Views)

Have You Eaten Any Food So Much That You Stopped Eating Them / In Which Country Is Food So Important To Them / Best Party Food So Classic And Easy And Yummy Everything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
LostMyZeal:

LOL... This is so true!
I kid you not grin
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by ABBEYsammy01(m): 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
One of the major reasons is I security.
For instance, the Tivs who are the major farmers here in Wukari local government area of Taraba state are no longer around to farm again because of crisis and insecurities.
Early this year, during the planting season, the same Tiv farmers were pursued from more than 5 local government areas of Taraba state because of crisis and I securities.
And this same thing is happening in almost all the northern states where the chunks of food supply are coming from...
Unless our government stop insecurity and stoo playing with people's lives, these foods crisis will not stop, it is not a course, it is a reality...

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by LZAA: 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
Oloki:
Human inhumanity to his fellow man. We keep shouting, it is the government, but an average Nigeria is a fraudster, ready to ripe off his fellow man
While you are right about SOME Nigerians' mindset,this government will go down as the worst in the annals of this nation
Even ibb during the SAP era which destroyed the middle class and education wasn't as bad as this
Same for abacha's bootstrap era
Add obj,gej and Yaradua as well
The economy always survived
Now....
The ECA is empty
Fuel queues have returned
Don't get me started on recession and insecurity
Look the current government is an abomination that should never be allowed to repeat itself again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Ance4Liverpool: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
Thanks to APC government and insecurity
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by tctrills: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
Oloki:
Human inhumanity to his fellow man. We keep shouting, it is the government, but an average Nigeria is a fraudster, ready to ripe off his fellow man
You just wrote nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
CanineOfJackal:
you go out of your way to insult igbos and people of different political leanings from you but you can't stop begging online.
I would have helped you but I made a vow not to help urchins
LOl

Prove to me that you aren't what my fellow BAT supporters claimed that you are

I was told you guys are chest beater and online millionaires. Prove them wrong and watch me make a U-turn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by MT: 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:
Why ?? Food nowadays is more expensive than eyeball . everybody eye-socket don enter cause of lack of good food.

If you want to eat to your satisfaction now you will be spending nothing less than 2k or even more what is actually wrong?

Food is expensive all over the world right now. Not only in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by mastermaestro(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
CanineOfJackal:
you go out of your way to insult igbos and people of different political leanings from you but you can't stop begging online.
I would have helped you but I made a vow not to help urchins

Never lend help to all known supporters of evil government and wicked policies. They deserve no good in this country. Let them feed on their wickedness. angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Menclothing: 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2022
What goes up and come down in Nigeria ?
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Mrkumareze(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bad government is responsible .
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by CodeTemplar: 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2022
Soulvein:
Ask Buhari and APC why our borders are open in the Northern part of the country while down here in the south all borders are closed.
It is to make the south dependent on the north and harshly feel any change in prices from north. This can then be used to negotiate amnesty for repentant terrorists.
Imagine as Tompolo got a N4B/month contract, terrorist too get one local govt by local govt to give arrangee protection to farmers at a cost. This cost is built into produce price and sent down south. Classic interregional extortion scheme.

If not why will Buhari close southern border then open northern one and allow that good blockade?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by seunayantokun(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2022
Because Buhari's Fulani terrorists have stopped farmers.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by stormborn28(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:
Why ?? Food nowadays is more expensive than eyeball . everybody eye-socket don enter cause of lack of good food.

If you want to eat to your satisfaction now you will be spending nothing less than 2k or even more what is actually wrong?

Ask President Buhari and his APC urchins

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Teenaira: 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
ejimatic:
If Dollar based commodities are expensive it understandable because their prices are determined by dollars. My concern is. Nigerian foods especially Nigerian rice!

In a way you are right brother and the general feeling is that locally produced products should not be expensive when there is general inflation. However, when we realise that the local farmer will also have to buy things from the general market at very high price then he needs to revalue the final price of his produce too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
APC made it so
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Wizmj4real(m): 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:

Government plus
Nigerians are wicked to themselves

Increase in price of old stock they have in store to make gain
Looking for every opportunity to ripe his fellow

This corruption is in the blood and vein of every single Nigerian

Thank God am a Ghanaian

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Lumig: 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2022
Greed of an average Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by ejimatic: 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
Teenaira:

In a way you are right brother and the general feeling is that locally produced products should not be expensive when there is general inflation. However, when we realise that the local farmer will also have to buy things from the general market at very high price then he needs to revalue the final price of his produce too.
Agreed! You use what you have to cater for what you need!
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by coolatlantic: 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2022
Hard times

Free Tutorial on Microsoft Excel
Check my signature for details
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by adecz: 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2022
The current high prices of food it's
just a child's play..

Wait until this useless APC remove
subsidy, fuel will be 850/litre,
local rice will become 70k,
beans 120k and regular size of bread
will be 2k. Crate of egg will be 5k and
tin of peak milk 1k.✨✨✨

APC are a heartless, sadistic, bloodthirsty
cult that love to see citizens languishing
in hunger, poverty and deprivation❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by nedekid: 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2022
This is not true. In my area food is very cheap.
With ₦200, you eat to your fill, cassava, garri ewa, beans and dodo, well garnished with cow and ogunfe.
Wear your apc cap and hold your ID when comming though. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by BreakingNews21: 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2022
One of the best NL threads today. Don't complain, turn off the TV set and go to work grow something for yourselves, or organise food co-ops with loyal friends and family.

Recap: My Journey So Far Into Maize Farming by RuMiRgO1stSon: 8:47pm On Nov 13

https://www.nairaland.com/7431762/recap-journey-far-into-maize

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by CanineOfJackal: 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
LOl

Prove to me that you aren't what my fellow BAT supporters claimed that you are

I was told you guys are chest beater and online millionaires. Prove them wrong and watch me make a U-turn
prove to a boy who has been dealt with by hunger that he fell in love with his slave masters?

Nairaland is a leveller though
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by jimcaddy(m): 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
The answer is simple we are too corrupt in this country that we like "business as usual". Many Nigerians have raked in millions of naira doing importation alone. It's actually surprising that we don't have a rice mill in Nigeria that can produce local rice. Many of the local rice you see aren't well processed. Like so much inflation in the country, thanks to obnoxious government policies and the increment in customs and excise duties. Of course it would trickle down to you and me eventually. We produce nothing in Nigeria. We import virtually everything. This is what has put our Naira under serious pressure against the dollar. We need a new government that can come up with a brand new economic policy that would stop these outrageous taxes and excise duties. Nigeria has the potential to be a great nation. God actually gave us all that we need to become a great nation, but our inability to think outside the box is what is affecting us.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by dododawa1: 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
IPOB (Igbo) and BOKO HARAM (Fulani) at FAULT.
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by jimcaddy(m): 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2022
Honestly you couldn't have said it any better. We Nigerians are wicked and greedy people. We only think about ourselves and what we stand to benefit in whatever situation we find ourselves. Honestly I wish I can take up citizenship of another African nation because just being a Nigerian has put one in a disadvantage. We are too corrupt.
Wizmj4real:

Government plus
Nigerians are wicked to themselves

Increase in price of old stock they have in store to make gain
Looking for every opportunity to ripe his fellow

This corruption is in the blood and vein of every single Nigerian

Thank God am a Ghanaian

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
CanineOfJackal:
prove to a boy who has been dealt with by hunger that he fell in love with his slave masters?

Nairaland is a leveller though
prove them wrong Nwanne

I don't want to believe what they said
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by God2man2again(m): 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2022
There is no deliberate investment either by Government or individual in mechanized farming that will consequently reduced the prices of good in the market considering the vast land God bestowed on us.

I see a new Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Etimemy: 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
The same people that made empty promises in 2015 has come again with failed hope, they called it hope.hope from the fail system. After 7 years all what they can tell us is hope. If in the develop country, APC would have been be stoned.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Reference(m): 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2022
See how they are all yapping... folks that cannot relate their actions with their experiences.
Your fellow citizens elect governments to solve problems and make their lives better.
To most Nigerians their living conditions are secondary to their sentiments, so they have it.
When your government was busy borrowing to satisfy contractors at the expense of the real economy you didn't think the chickens will roost sooner than later.
Well, it is here.
Nigeria is awash with unproductive cash, that is why.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Etimemy: 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
jimcaddy:
Honestly you couldn't have said it any better. We Nigerians are wicked and greedy people. We only think about ourselves and what we stand to benefit in whatever situation we find ourselves. Honestly I wish I can take up citizenship of another African nation because just being a Nigerian has put one in a disadvantage. We are too corrupt.

When a government in power dose not have directions what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by CanineOfJackal: 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
prove them wrong Nwanne

I don't want to believe what they said
Prove them wrong by sending you money to eat and continue tribal bigotry and fighting on behalf of Tinubu?

You are a joke

Nwammamiwota lzaa come and carry this hungry man out of my mentions

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Most Sadistic Dishes From Around The World. / Indomie's Mama Too Good Vs Honeywell's Bam Bam La La / Ibibio Cuisines To Try

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.