Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? (22206 Views)

Have You Eaten Any Food So Much That You Stopped Eating Them / In Which Country Is Food So Important To Them / Best Party Food So Classic And Easy And Yummy Everything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Looter100: 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2022
Oloki:
Human inhumanity to his fellow man. We keep shouting, it is the government, but an average Nigeria is a fraudster, ready to ripe off his fellow man
no room for the wickeds na him suppose be our motto, civilians self wicked ����

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Afamed: 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
Until you visit to Ghana, South Africa US, UK and France before you know,Nigeria is one the few countries with lowest cost/ price of food items

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Afamed: 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ance4Liverpool:
Thanks to APC government and insecurity

Do not be a local man.

Tell me a country presently in the world that the price of commodities have not gone up
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Disembark: 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
Holla911:

Yes sapa hold me.
Now, show me the post let me feed on the picture tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/7427500/see-food-bought-cameroon-1000cefa#118296838

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Godson123(m): 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
ASK APC, I PRAY WE WILL NOT MAKE SAME MISTAKE COMING 2023
SKIDDOLEE:
Why ?? Food nowadays is more expensive than eyeball . everybody eye-socket don enter cause of lack of good food.

If you want to eat to your satisfaction now you will be spending nothing less than 2k or even more what is actually wrong?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by mrkings84(m): 9:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
The thing taya me sef.
In fact I use to thank God that I am not married nor with children at the moment cos only me finds it difficult to survive.

But I think it's one of the promises of APC government that's being fulfilled, just a week ago, Tinubu told Bayelsans in Bayelsa during their campaign that "High price is here"

Have you forgotten that our fathers told us that during Buhari regime as a military leader that things were so difficult?, So I just thing Buhari means hardship and APC means high price.

Make una calm down things go better once the governance is out of APC....

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by BBBmall25: 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
Oloki:
Human inhumanity to his fellow man. We keep shouting, it is the government, but an average Nigeria is a fraudster, ready to ripe off his fellow man
comrade you are the most sensible man in this forum alive! Please save your energy from the negative quotes
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by itsene: 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
Should be motivation to explore farming.
People bragging about Iphone complaining about expensive garri!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Sleekfingers: 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:
Why ?? Food nowadays is more expensive than eyeball . everybody eye-socket don enter cause of lack of good food.

If you want to eat to your satisfaction now you will be spending nothing less than 2k or even more what is actually wrong?

What an idiotic question.....
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Charly68: 9:39pm On Dec 11, 2022
Inflation is the cause.. farmers too must make money ..truth be told the economy has been mismanaged by this Govt
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by donprinyo(m): 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2022
APC is cursed
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2022
Sleekfingers:

What an idiotic question.....
What an idiotic response .....

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Kingspin(m): 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:

because u don't have a government

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by nairamaniac: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
ibkayee:
Largely insecurity and dumb government policies like border closure without increased local production I think
my serious nairaland crush that year grin

Like you left this forum for a very long time

What happened?
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by AfonjaConehead: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
I'm onboard ship but when I was ashore in Lagos,stuff like pepper and onions are very cheap at a particular place at Oshodi. Those women bring them from the village,I'm sure.
Sweet potatoes are also cheap...
I buy carton of satchet tomato and it lasts me enough...it's not easy in naija but if you can,try buy in bulks

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Parrot173(m): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
Man to man is so unjust, many factors are responsible to my knowledge the size of land being cultivated up north has tragically gone down, so also the amount of produce due to terrorism and kidnapping, and transport too has taken it toll on prices of commodities in the market, diesel particularly is a major factor to look into
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by ibkayee(f): 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2022
nairamaniac:
my serious nairaland crush that year grin

Like you left this forum for a very long time

What happened?
What’s your previous monicker? smiley
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by okoroemeka(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
mariahAngel:

The border closure was wicked and unforgivable, I swear!
apart from border closure with affects mostly commodities imported from other countries like rice,wheat,etc,what about ordinary crops like pepper, tomatoes,dry fish,etc,from my experience as a farmer I will attribute the spike to two things, insecurity and diesel high cost,last two or three years we are selling a bag of pepper for #5k now it is #25-30k,bandits ,kidnappers and terrorists cannot allow farmers go back to their farms and diesel jumped from #150-180 to #700-800 per liter

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by newcommer: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
FreedomArmy:
Keep shouting apc and you will soon buy it 5000 per plate. You foools think winning election is winning football match. I'm gently gathering my money to Japa

Take me along please
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by nairamaniac: 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
ibkayee:

What’s your previous monicker? smiley
This has always been my monicker. Naaa don't bother trying to remember. I was never that popular here like that.

I shaaa know you had one particular pic on your profile for a very very long time, maybe years sef.
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by abike12(f): 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
It's not only Nigeria, it's all over the world. Prices for daily necessities are going up 20, 30, 40%. I don't know anyone who is getting that much of a raise, so people are effectively getting poorer. May God help the world.
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by ibkayee(f): 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2022
nairamaniac:
This has always been my monicker. Naaa don't bother trying to remember. I was never that popular here like that.

I shaaa know you had one particular pic on your profile for a very very long time, maybe years sef.

Ah ok, around what year was this?
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by nairamaniac: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
ibkayee:

I think it was 2016/2017. Loved your quotes here, but was more crazy bout your looks in that particular pic.

Think you even wore glasses in that particular pic.

Was on for maybe over a year.

Suddenly, hardly saw your quotes for some years.
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by ibkayee(f): 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
nairamaniac:
I think it was 2016/2017. Loved your quotes here, but was more crazy bout your looks in that particular pic.

Think you even wore glasses in that particular pic.

Was on for maybe over a year.

Suddenly, hardly saw your quotes for some years.
Oooh ok lol

Yeah I was away for a bit until recently
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Geminita: 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
smileyoo:
why wouldn't you buy pepper from yoruba women ? Kindly explain.

Nothing serious. I prefer buying from Mallam because they are always gentle with the way they sell and most of them won't cheat you. If their pepper or whatever they sell is small, it means things are so expensive.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by nairamaniac: 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2022
ibkayee:

Oooh ok lol

Yeah I was away for a bit until recently
yeah. Noticed your absence.
Hope no issues. Pls dont go away again for tooo long.

Welcome back!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by ibkayee(f): 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
nairamaniac:
yeah. Noticed your absence.
Hope no issues. Pls dont go away again for tooo long.

Welcome back!
No issues at all, thank you smiley

Lol I’ll try smiley
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Gobekli: 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2022
ibkayee:

Hey babe where have you been all this while?!!!! & what happened to those huge knockérs of yours? Knóckers or no this niggá is still a fan anyways
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by onyibest2k(m): 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2022
ask apc and his supporters
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Fucklove(m): 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bantu10:

U know this urchin will be here to praise APC that kept him in bondage. Ur type should be decimated so u don't procreate and litter ur hopeless gene everywhere

Jobless thing
You don finish the suffering and smiling urchin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by Shikini: 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2022
benuejosh:
The most funniest reason people give is that dollar increased. How?

Lol ... you're the funny one if you do not know that Dollar affects agric inputs, chemicals and machinery & equipments.

A common disc plough we used to buy for 150K now runs in millions and I'm not even talking about the tractor itself. Some good herbicides cost over a 100K just for one gallon ... same with pesticides. Diesel is now #800 a litre and I can go on and on ...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Food So Expensive Nowadays In Nigeria ? by BalticGold: 11:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
Why won't food be costly when English Language is compulsory but Agriculture optional in schools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Too Much Pepper!!! / Ibibio Cuisines To Try / Palm Oil Stew Or Vegetable Oil Stew: Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.