Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi (50049 Views)

Herbert Wigwe's House (Mansion) In Ikoyi, Lagos (Video) / How To Start And Run A Successful Hair Salon Business In Nigeria {simple Guide} / "My Experience As A Taxify Driver In Abuja" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Sleekfingers: 7:49am On Dec 12, 2022
God1000:
Sad, and the killer ran away instead of surrendering himself to the authorities.

I understand why the driver drove off, probably for the fear of being killed, but he should have reported himself to the police.

Will you report yourself , if you were to be the driver? Cuz , I won't .....
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by uvie66: 7:50am On Dec 12, 2022
Badguy77:
Rip Doctor, just one day without your car, you faced what the poor face everyday... God rest your soul
the poor do not cycle, because It is too risky

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by frog12: 7:50am On Dec 12, 2022
sad but are these people paying for the sins of their fathers
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by tabaralph: 7:51am On Dec 12, 2022
Mynd44:
https://twitter.com/gchahal/status/1602014066393767937?t=IYlM7-wOv0OGF2_LCJxyRA&s=19

Am sure if he had use crash element the injury to the head would not have been severe…safety first!

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by God1000(m): 7:51am On Dec 12, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Will you report yourself , if you were to be the driver? Cuz , I won't .....
where's your good heart?
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 12, 2022
Strange, why on earth would he want to cycle in a place like Lagos?

He should ask why elites of his clout fly out to remote places to do that kind of thing.

Could have been taken out by a rival or aggrieved customers.

All these investment people, some of dem are scam artists.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by God1000(m): 7:52am On Dec 12, 2022
ComptonGee:

See this man. If na you go report yourself nah
why won't I reported myself, I will do that
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by uvie66: 7:53am On Dec 12, 2022
Jakumo:
There are NO bike lanes in ANY Nigerian town or city.

Lagos is NOT Amsterdam where bike lanes make it easy to cover the entire city on a bicycle.

Lagos is a place where motorists run over pedestrians and bicycle riders purely for sport.

If you ride a bicycle in Lagos, you WILL see someone get run over, or get run over yourself. It is only a matter of time.
you put it well, these guys watch too much TV or rather they travel abroad and think they can replicate the same activity in Nigeria
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by God1000(m): 7:53am On Dec 12, 2022
pagorino:
easier said than done. would you do that if you were in his shoes?

RIP to the dead.
yes I will
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by udomonday: 7:53am On Dec 12, 2022
Kunlegzy:

You say ?
sad,but some of these cyclist are fond of cycling in the middle of the road,they are supposed to move to kerb or very close to it.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by uvie66: 7:57am On Dec 12, 2022
SmartPolician:
How can someone be cycling in a country where nearly nobody goes to a driving school?

The same fate nearly befell a one-time minister of information, Ojo Maduekwe, in Abuja when he was trying to encourage Nigerians to start riding bicycles like foreigners.

Dude was knocked and hospitalised for weeks. When he was discharged, it didn't need anyone to tell him to stop encouraging Nigerians to do what cannot work.

May the deceased rest in peace, amen.
the thing weak me....I have been cycling over ten years in UK road and have never been knocked down once. It just shows the importance of actually doing a test to obtain a drivers license.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by LINSAR: 7:58am On Dec 12, 2022
reccy:
Sad but true. That driver will surely receive this death in tens fold from him to all his family members. Shebi werey don run away Karma is not far.

RIP Laolu...
Make he go jail abi?
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2022
That was how one drunk bastard nearly killed me the othey day while cycling to keep fit but god was with me.
not only was the idiot driving against traffic, he was charging towards me with full speed like someone was chasing him. thank god i calculated sharply that this guy might not have seen me yet and had to dodged this car by sverving to the middle of the road as that was my only alternative and no vehicle was coming from behind simultaneously. thats how i escaped tragedy by the whiskers.
people should always drive carefully and be mindful of other road users.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Reference(m): 7:59am On Dec 12, 2022
Bonaventura:
May he rest in peace. Such a talent wasted. Are there no CCTVs in the neighbourhood?
This may not be a random driver, it might be an assassination.
Dimgba Igwe and that Kogi female combat air force officer murders come to mind

Meanwhile riding a bicycle on Nigerian (Lagos) roads is considered an extreme sport in the same category as climbing Mount Everest

Not just an extreme sport, but an extremely careless undertaking. Jogging, cycling in the streets of any city in Nigeria is beyond risky. And I'm certain it happened over the weekend when intoxication is highest.

Can't do that. Any exercise or recreation that cannot be done within the four walls of a room, house, facility or park is a certain dance with disaster.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:01am On Dec 12, 2022
youngbabaj:
Be careful many has gone

May our best picture not be used as our obituary picture this year and next
Amen
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by ppogba: 8:02am On Dec 12, 2022
candygist:

Shut up. The killing going on in Anambra is deliberate and not accidental like the ones in Lagos State.

Learn how not to give fools on Nairaland the attention they crave. There are comments you read and just move on. The moment you quote them, the fools making them feels fulfilled.
That is just one of them.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Reference(m): 8:03am On Dec 12, 2022
Collinsaik:
That was how one drunk bastard nearly killed me the othey day while cycling to keep fit but god was with me.
not only was the idiot driving against traffic, he was charging towards me with full speed like someone was chasing him. thank god i calculated sharply that this guy might not have seen me yet and had to dodged this car by sverving to the middle of the road as that was my only alternative and no vehicle was coming from behind simultaneously. thats how i escaped tragedy by the whiskers.
people should always drive carefully and be mindful of other road users.

Better stop that and save your life. If you must cycle look for a park nearby, never on the streets.

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by ppogba: 8:04am On Dec 12, 2022
uvie66:
the thing weak me....I have been cycling over ten years in UK road and have never been knocked down once. It just shows the importance of actually doing a test to obtain a drivers license.

Most Nigerian drivers do not need driving test that much. What majority need is BRAIN test.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by maasoap(m): 8:06am On Dec 12, 2022
ennyrah:
That looks good!

It will look better when it is your turn grin grin grin
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by UrPapa: 8:07am On Dec 12, 2022
Honestfrend:
Those of u that will come as an animal that u re to condemn Peter Obi with any killing in Anambra.. Who do u condemn in the killing that takes place in Lagos;? About few days ago it one at 3rd Mainland Bridge.

U get paid peanut to come online and type rubbish. It will never be well with u. U see people die u attach a man's name to it..
igbos and emotional blackmail
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by assholemods: 8:07am On Dec 12, 2022
ennyrah:
That looks good!
Idiot you want to trend.. make satan blind you.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Eriokanmi: 8:07am On Dec 12, 2022
ennyrah:
That looks good!
How? Smh!
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Baawaa(m): 8:08am On Dec 12, 2022
obembet:

May your life end same Way

kind of thing i don't like to hear, big lose to the family. My condolences to the family and his Love ones.
Obembe, you are from ilesha?
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by everythinggirly(f): 8:09am On Dec 12, 2022
If you tell all these drivers that they should stop taking ogogoro every morning, you automatically turn to their enemy, how does ogogoro clear someone's eyes? See how he just ended someone's life in a split second? December has not ended, so painful. cry
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by maasoap(m): 8:10am On Dec 12, 2022
SmartPolician:
How can someone be cycling in a country where nearly nobody goes to a driving school?

The same fate nearly befell a one-time minister of information, Ojo Maduekwe, in Abuja when he was trying to encourage Nigerians to start riding bicycles like foreigners.

Dude was knocked and hospitalised for weeks. When he was discharged, it didn't need anyone to tell him to stop encouraging Nigerians to do what cannot work.

May the deceased rest in peace, amen.

I remember his campaign to Nigerians to embrace cycling but I didn't know that he was knocked down.
A country where soldiers, police, ministers, lawmakers are driving against traffic! Where people drunk drive with no punishment!

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by ZUBY77(m): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2022
reccy:
Sad but true. That driver will surely receive this death in tens fold from him to all his family members. Shebi werey don run away Karma is not far.

RIP Laolu...

What did all his family do to you ?
Tard
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by statesman6: 8:14am On Dec 12, 2022
reccy:

RIP Laolu...
Why must you curse. Why can't u leave everything for God to handle.

Smh!
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by naturalwaves: 8:15am On Dec 12, 2022
I saw these guys cycling on Saturday morning .....They were in different groups and I remember raising some safety concerns to the driver that was driving me.

Number 1: Most of them were on the left hand side of the road instead of the right hand side.

Number 2: The units were disjointed. Some were in groups, some stopped by to pee and they didn't wait for those ones. So, you could have 4 riders riding alone away from the group.

Number 3: Only one group had a yellow car following behind. Others were just on their own.

It is important to take precautions when riding on the expressways.

May his soul rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by yemmight(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2022
ennyrah:
That looks good!

What looks good? No brain at all.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Maconstruct(m): 8:17am On Dec 12, 2022
Amaggedon:
Assassination at its best. RIP to the death
Scott Adkins Accident man Yu mean undecided
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by obembet(f): 8:23am On Dec 12, 2022
Baawaa:

Obembe, you are from ilesha?

U want to show me love
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by jjcena(m): 8:31am On Dec 12, 2022
tabaralph:

Am sure if he had use crash element the injury to the head would not have been severe…safety first!
Stop saying things you dont know about.
This incident happened around 5am in the morning. I used to ride with some of them on that road early in the morning because it was the best time that had low traffic, I guess the hit and run was from stupid clubbers who were drunk and heading home. And by the way, they were all wearing crash helmets, no one rides with us without helmet. The scene of the accident was an eye sore ��

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) / FG Apologises For Asking Bank Account Holders To Re-Register / Folorunsho Alakija's Husband And Sons At Her Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.