Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi (50051 Views)

Herbert Wigwe's House (Mansion) In Ikoyi, Lagos (Video) / How To Start And Run A Successful Hair Salon Business In Nigeria {simple Guide} / "My Experience As A Taxify Driver In Abuja" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 12, 2022
God1000:
Sad, and the killer ran away instead of surrendering himself to the authorities.

I understand why the driver drove off, probably for the fear of being killed, but he should have reported himself to the police.
that’s how you would know it’s an assassination it’s not careless driving .

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by lapazi(m): 8:36am On Dec 12, 2022
Amaggedon:
Assassination at its best. RIP to the death

my thoughts exactly.... they could have made it look like a hit and run
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by tfelicityk(m): 8:38am On Dec 12, 2022
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by cejaypriesty(m): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2022
ennyrah:
That looks good!
You shall taste of It since that looks good to you

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Terror48: 8:42am On Dec 12, 2022
ennyrah:
That looks good!
Are you this heartless?
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by jaxxy(m): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2022
Bonaventura:
May he rest in peace. Such a talent wasted. Are there no CCTVs in the neighbourhood?
This may not be a random driver, it might be an assassination.
Dimgba Igwe and that Kogi female combat air force officer murders come to mind

Meanwhile riding a bicycle on Nigerian (Lagos) roads is considered an extreme sport in the same category as climbing Mount Everest

Don't cycle on major roads where the speed limit for cars can be dangerous.

It's better and safer to cycle in a gated estate like banana island and other secured estates. if anything happens the estate can immediately handle it.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Amaggedon: 8:45am On Dec 12, 2022
lapazi:

exactly bro . Those kind of personalities don't just get hit by some random hit and run .
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Flame77: 8:47am On Dec 12, 2022
God1000:
Sad, and the killer ran away instead of surrendering himself to the authorities.

I understand why the driver drove off, probably for the fear of being killed, but he should have reported himself to the police.

I just hope it's not an assassination. This should be investigated.

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Sleekfingers: 8:50am On Dec 12, 2022
God1000:
where's your good heart?

In the Atlantic ocean...

.such cases is quite complicated in Nigeria. Especially if the victim family are well to do.
But in some advance countries I have been....they will find out if the driver was under the influence of alcohol, drugs .
Secondly, they will inspect the vehicle, if it was a mechanical malfunction..
Thirdly, if the driver has a valid driver's license, and doesn't have any prior driving violation
And lastly , if the driver is not going through any mental instability, emotional stress , financial crisis etc

Cut long story short , I can never wait in Nigeria. Because of the animalistic behaviors of Nigerians, they might beat the driver to a pulp, before setting ablaze.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Natbrowny: 8:51am On Dec 12, 2022
God1000:

The police will still drill him and make him confess by force that someone somewhere sent him to do the deed (even if it wasnt deliberate)

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by JOemmy(m): 8:54am On Dec 12, 2022
ennyrah:
That looks good!

What looks good in the premature death of the man?
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Bestbeelieve: 8:56am On Dec 12, 2022
wata kwantry! i froze when i heard, i knew that gentleman! someone cannot ride in peace in dat kwantrys!!!

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by officializzijac: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2022
ennyrah:
That looks good!
Give it shall be given unto you good measure press down and running Over shall men give unto your Bossom. I won't say more
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Bestbeelieve: 8:58am On Dec 12, 2022
frog12:
sad but are these people paying for the sins of their fathers
what sins Mr Judge?? did you know his father?? cause i did! or you just talk?
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Ayodeoba: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2022
God1000:

if you re the one,I am sure you will do the same thing,if not he would be cooling his head off in prison right now
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by manchyme: 9:14am On Dec 12, 2022
reccy:
Sad but true. That driver will surely receive this death in tens fold from him to all his family members. Shebi werey don run away Karma is not far.

RIP Laolu...

Circle of karma.
What if it was karma that killed Laolu.
And karma later killed the driver and people like you decided to invoke another karma. You know what I mean?
You actually expects the driver to wait in this jungle.
What if it was even targeted
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by nedekid: 9:17am On Dec 12, 2022
Wow. So sad.
Me I still believe there are activities you don't do in naija. Call me conservative etc.
Riding bicycles on major roads, motorcycle etc, going on boats in naija etc. Na no go!
In UK etc you have bicycle lanes, vehicle drivers have rules they follow while interacting with cyclist. But here, danfo will want to dare you for riding on free way.
Emergency services nko if there is injury, for where. In better places even medical helicopter will land to airlift you to hospital.
Remember back in the day I bought a bike despite madam not agreeing. Omo, on my street one day, fallen nitel wire handing from the pole hooked me and almost hanged me!
Thr next day I sold the brand new Suzuki bike.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Iselogunise: 9:18am On Dec 12, 2022
Peace of the Lord be with you.
ennyrah:
That looks good!

RIP to the dead.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Onyiiobi7735(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2022
reccy:
Sad but true. That driver will surely receive this death in tens fold from him to all his family members. Shebi werey don run away Karma is not far.

RIP Laolu...
Exactly.Most times,many of these careless drivers suffering terrible misfortunes never realise the source of their problems till their lives and families have been heavily destroyed.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by hkidola00(m): 9:25am On Dec 12, 2022
reccy:

RIP Laolu...
a former military son..who knows maybe all the curse we give to politicians and there generation is what affected the son...don't be quick to curse... politicians made u this way and karma is catching up
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by iamsolasoul(f): 9:31am On Dec 12, 2022
This is so sad. My thoughts and prayers with his family. Riding should be on the left side to see who attacks you or hits you and also for those riding with you to witness as well. On coming people on the right also have a field of view but we do the opposite here.

I have encountered cyclists I usually leave space for them while driving. You need the kit your bike with lights and even daytime reflector clothing some people are colour blind, short sighted or far sighted and can’t simply see unless it’s shining in their eyes.

Night time cycling should only be in well lit areas and on the pavement path if not there create one with toll sef. Just because you no use car no mean say you no get way. YEILD only people wey travel can do.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by lendahand(m): 9:35am On Dec 12, 2022
fineboynl:
Reasons I abandoned my bicycle. The careless drivers and mad people rushing to nowhere. No respect for bike users forgetting bike is part of road users.

If they truly have somewhere to run to, Nigeria will not be like what it is today. Running to no where.
thing is, mental health of most Lagosians are below average because of the fast and furious way the city is built. Now imagine these half-mad people behind wheels. If you're a regular driver in Lagos you will quickly catch what I'm saying now: someone is seeing clearly that a big pothole is before you and you have to carefully manoeuvre it to avoid incurring serious damages on your car and all the bastard behind you can do is blare the horns for you to maybe fly over the pothole. No patience whatsoever, no initiative and proactive calculation while driving and these two are the reasons unnecessary gridlocks and avoidable accidents do occur in this city of Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by lapazi(m): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2022
Amaggedon:
exactly bro . Those kind of personalities don't just get hit by some random hit and run .

to even think that he was into investment banking, i hope the authorities dont just take this as face-value, they need to investigate this properly before ruling out homicide.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Fuckyoumod: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2022
God1000:

if this was not an assassination attempt, I just wonder how the driver would be feeling now.

His conscience will be killing and hitting him so hard everyday.

Chai..... When I mistakenly / Accidentally killed another man's stubborn goat within my neighborhood. That goat was always finding it's way to our lodge to scatter our refuse bins.

I was restless, I was worried, I couldn't eat,I couldn't read, my conscience was killing and eating me up. Not until 3 days later I called a neighbor and confessed.

Immediately I became relieved.

Ordinary goat ooh..... How much more a human being?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by akinsmyk(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2022
I saw this accident. Happened about 5:30am in the morning just opposite the street where buildings fell at Ikoyi where many were trapped and killed months ago
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by TheAlchemist: 9:54am On Dec 12, 2022
RIP Laolu.
Road rage is real.
I hope the planned 4th mainland bridge in lagos will have dedicated bicycles, motorcycles joggers/ walkers lanes.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by fof1: 9:57am On Dec 12, 2022
ennyrah:
That looks good!

What Looks Good...? What Goes around Comes around...You and Ur People are not immune from such Calamities...So do not Rejoice in the Pain of Others...God is Watching You.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by VEHINTOLAR: 9:57am On Dec 12, 2022
This is truly sad ! May God rest your soul Laolu.
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Aboguede(m): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2022
obembet:

May your life end same Way

kind of thing i don't like to hear, big lose to the family. My condolences to the family and his Love ones.

Una too dey do hypocrisy shocked

U no even ever hear about this guy b4 now but u Don dey form family friend grin

By the way, u may not now if the commenter knows him or has issues with him.

Anyways, we know una, especially these our "I am modern girl" 9f Nigeria with all manner of d8monic madness and toxic minds
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2022
ennyrah:
That looks good!
Any you !!!! You no go die undecided undecided undecided
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by God1000(m): 10:08am On Dec 12, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
if this was not an assassination attempt, I just wonder how the driver would be feeling now.

His conscience will be killing and hitting him so hard everyday.

Chai..... When I mistakenly / Accidentally killed another man's stubborn goat within my neighborhood. That goat was always finding it's way to our lodge to scatter our refuse bins.

I was restless, I was worried, I couldn't eat,I couldn't read, my conscience was killing and eating me up. Not until 3 days later I called a neighbor and confessed.

Immediately I became relieved.

Ordinary goat ooh..... How much more a human being?
God bless your good heart
Re: Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi by omonnakoda: 10:17am On Dec 12, 2022
lapazi:

There is no rational reason to give that possibility any priority other than watching too many movies.

Can you name one person anywhere in the world that YOU KNOW that has been assassinated in such manner

JUST ONE

It is a very childish and paranoid thing to say when there is no evidence for it.
Several people were injured and all or any of them could have died or survived.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Ornge' Is So Last Season: Sterling Bank Shades GTB In New Advert (Photos) / FG Apologises For Asking Bank Account Holders To Re-Register / Folorunsho Alakija's Husband And Sons At Her Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.