Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? (1419 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Please Help Fellow Nigerians, A Must Read By Everyone, As Its So Pathetic! / Why Are Nigerians So Judgemental? (2) (3) (4)

Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by UnfairLife7(m): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2022
I met a woman online who's in need of rice for sale/supply and to give out as gift for the season. Though she's into the business, ncluding frozen foods, oil, pasta et al

I gave her the price while some other people do same. I was DM later in the day requesting for my contact showing interest. She claimed she needed 100 bags of 50kg rice. A bag of rice in my area cost 32k. I was being fair, honest and open to her. I told her I'd have to add #500 to each bag and she accepted

She seems happy and open to me probably for my honesty. She claimed a bag of rice is 40k where she reside and she's short of supply.

I gave her my contact and we took it up from there. I've met the person selling the rice in my area and I've discussed everything in details. At first the woman want her to supply the rice at payment after delivery but the person insisted claiming she hasn't done any business with her before. Besides, she doesn't know her, I was the one who met her online. She insisted the woman come down and see for herself the goods, make payment and go with it

I was on this business close to a week. At a point i didn't take the woman serious any longer. Though i still attend to her calls and chat

I was surprised when she called me around 7am last week that she's at the junction of my area. I've given her my address during our conversation, though not my house address

I directed her to the place and the both of us met there. I introduced her to the woman and they both exchanged contact. She promised to patronize her continually

To cut long story short and not to bore you guys. She bought 100 bags of 50kg rice and made payment. I observed her body movement and reaction and i was somewhat sceptical about her fulfilling our agreement. She was even saying in presence of the rice owner that i shouldn't worry claiming i was the one who connected her, she even went as far as making empty promises that I'd be getting a commission for every goods she'd order subsequently

Though she didn't go with the goods that very day as there was no bus available. The goods was delivered the following day. Ever since then, this woman had ghosted me. She stopped calling nor chatting with me. She literally kept me at arm length. I have been job hunting since April with no success. I am completely cash stripped that i hardly feed nor do data. I was hoping to get something out of the business so I'd be able to go out in search of job and probably support my siblings with something

I feel completely used by this woman and i have been so down and sick. I discussed with a friend and he suggested i let go

Some ladies do cry out on social media how men had used and dump them. Now i understand them. I honestly feel their pain

So sad

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Zonefree(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2022
You looseguard. You introduced the buyer to the seller means they have no use for you again.

You're obviously not business inclined.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Offpointng: 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2022
Na you looseguard guy. In this type of marketing business, make sure your deal is with the seller not the buyer. You should have told the seller to be the one to add the #500 or even 1k sef herself and act like you're a Good Samaritan trying to connect them both together, and if you suspect you don't trust the seller, no connect both of them. at the end of the day, no winner no looser.

Dem no dey open up or come hands clean with the buyer in the marketing industry. Padi mi o need lati Soji

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by yomi007k(m): 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2022
Op you did the right thing.

You were honest and the business was successful. Please don't let people discourage or change your behaviour.

The only problem is that the woman was not honest and loyal. The rice seller too should have given you something for bringing customer for her.

Women can be mean in business.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Villa12(m): 7:35pm On Dec 12, 2022
Too bad

That woman na confirm wicked and heartless woman

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by ibechris(m): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
Na seller supposed be ur right plug.

Wetin concern aboki with corn flakes.

Na u Jones.

Learn ur lesson and adjust for better days ahead.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Zonefree(m): 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
yomi007k:

You were honest and the business was successful. Please don't let people discourage or change your behaviour.

The only problem is that the woman was not honest and loyal. The rice seller too should have given you something for bringing customer for her.

Honesty in commercial transaction

Why then do we have "Caveat emptor" in commercial transactions?

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by CaveAdullam: 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2022
Next time:

1. Build trust between you and the buyer. Go the length to do so.

Why do you need to build trust? So that she can send the money or make a down payment for the merchandise.

2. Build trust between you and the seller. Go the length to do so. Why? So that she can release her merchandise with or without a down payment.

3. Even if you had a good rapport with the seller beforehand, and sold the goods with you having the extra #500 * 100 bags, that will be the first and last. Subsequently, the buyer will deal with the seller in your absence. This is the reason you ought to have built solid trust between you and the buyer, she doesn't need to know your address or the marketplace.

Had it been you have money for some bags it would have been easier.

Anyways, online transaction is full of scam and reoccurring problems, everyone with money is just trying to play it safe. And nobody wants to lose.

No need for murmuring. Braze up. More days ahead.

Have a nice day.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by yomi007k(m): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
Zonefree:

Honesty in commercial transaction

Why then do we have "Caveat emptor" in commercial transactions?

Honesty is a choice.

It is not common in this part if the world or time we are in.
However, I believe the more good people we have in the world, the better for everyone else.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Zonefree(m): 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2022
yomi007k:

Honesty is a choice.

It is not common in this part if the world or time we are in.
However, I believe the more good people we have in the world, the better for everyone else.
As a business person, you don't succeed by being honest.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by yomi007k(m): 7:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
Zonefree:

As a business person, you don't succeed by being honest.

Business is not everything and everything is not business.

Without security or mentally stable people, running a business will be hard. Plus one accident or terminal illness can wipe out the business.

If we make the world better place, the challenges will be less painful.
Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Justbehave(m): 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
ibechris:
Na seller supposed be ur right plug.

Wetin concern aboki with corn flakes.

Na u Jones.

Learn ur lesson and adjust for better days ahead.
You made sense for the first time
Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Zonefree(m): 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
yomi007k:

Business is not everything and everything is not business.

Without security or mentally stable people, running a business will be hard. Plus one accident or terminal illness can wipe out the business.

If we make the world better place, the challenges will be less painful.

I studied Business Administration, and believe me when I tell you that the only transaction that demands utmost good faith is insurance policy. Aside that, any other commercial transaction demands the buyer, seller and middleman to shine their eyes.

You don't give or expect honesty from a transaction that does not demand honesty.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by yomi007k(m): 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
Zonefree:

I studied Business Administration, and believe me when I tell you that the only transaction that demands utmost good faith is insurance policy. Aside that, any other commercial transaction demands the buyer, seller and middleman shine their eyes.

You don't give or expect honesty from a transaction that does not demand honesty.

Spiritual knowlege supersedes business administration.

How will it sound if you fall sick and the doctor tries to "do business " with your illness rather than treat you or your security guard decided to drop honesty and transact with thieves because he chooses not to give honesty in the transaction he had with you?

Spread Positivity Brother man.

We need more of it in the world today.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Zonefree(m): 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
yomi007k:

Spiritual knowlege supersedes business administration.

How will it sound if you fall sick and the doctor tries to "do business " with your illness rather than treat you or your security guard decided to drop honesty and transact with thieves because he chooses not to give honesty in the transaction he had with you?

Spread Positivity Brother man.

We need more of it in the world today.
You're being religious now.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by yomi007k(m): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2022
Zonefree:

You're being religious now.

Spiritual but not religious.

I have been spiritual from the word go. Do the right thing, speard honesty and positive virtues.

I know a part of your soul agrees with me even if not completely because we are one. Only tribe, religion, education , society tends to divide us.

But deep down you and I are one.

....and guess what, you wont leave the world with a kobo because you didnt come with any. wink

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by yemmit90: 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2022
Zonefree:
You looseguard. You introduced the buyer to the seller means they have no use for you again.

You're obviously not business inclined.

Exactly, he didnt know how to do business especially with an average Nigerian. He should have added his #500 to 32k and collect it at point of payment. That is how commissions are obtained and not on empty promise after deal.

Nigerians don't keep to agreement, know this and have peace.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by thuxzwda1: 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2022
Women can be mean in business. [/quote]

This line though grin grin
Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by faithfull18(f): 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
yomi007k:

[/b]Women can be mean in business. [/b]
The people I have had issues with so far in business are men

@OP, as a middleman, the seller is the one you should go into agreement with, that's how guys in the market get paid for bringing customers.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by emmanuelbrown26: 11:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
Op use dis as avenue to learn and relearn.
1. For u to convince a buyer shows that u are a good marketer or negotiator.
2. In dis type of business, forget about honesty. Since there was never any written agreement either from d buyer nor a seller but always inform d seller and tell d seller what u want him or her to add as ur profit.

On d aspect of men using and dumping ladies, my brother nobody used a lady, rather it has always being d ladies that used men for financial gain. Ask such a lady what she has ever offered d man that dumped her, u would find out that she has never brought anything rather their rotten and smelly pussy

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by pansophist(m): 12:07am On Dec 13, 2022
You should have made the deal with the seller, not the buyer. You are approaching it morally, but she does not care about your morality and feelings. There was no legally binding agreement between the both of you, so she has nothing to fulfill and owes you nothing.

Next time, do not put yourself in a situation where you will be at the mercy of people, that's what makes you an adult, and a business person. Only if trust has been developed over a relative period of time, then they may enjoy services such as credit facilities, direct links to suppliers, etc, since the business relationship has passed the test of time.

Anyways, you learned a lesson, only that the cost of it is expensive. But I can guarantee you, the pain you feel now will be the reason it will never happen again. And stop bringing feelings and expectations into business. You will always loose.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by specialofficer: 2:42am On Dec 13, 2022
You for get 50k from buyer and at all at all 20k from seller but that one dey sha, sufferings are lessons for those who want to learn

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by IyaTola: 3:00am On Dec 13, 2022
UnfairLife7:
I met a woman online who's in need of rice for sale/supply and to give out as gift for the season. Though she's into the business, ncluding frozen foods, oil, pasta et al

I gave her the price while some other people do same. I was DM later in the day requesting for my contact showing interest. She claimed she needed 100 bags of 50kg rice. A bag of rice in my area cost 32k. I was being fair, honest and open to her. I told her I'd have to add #500 to each bag and she accepted

She seems happy and open to me probably for my honesty. She claimed a bag of rice is 40k where she reside and she's short of supply.

I gave her my contact and we took it up from there. I've met the person selling the rice in my area and I've discussed everything in details. At first the woman want her to supply the rice at payment after delivery but the person insisted claiming she hasn't done any business with her before. Besides, she doesn't know her, I was the one who met her online. She insisted the woman come down and see for herself the goods, make payment and go with it

I was on this business close to a week. At a point i didn't take the woman serious any longer. Though i still attend to her calls and chat

I was surprised when she called me around 7am last week that she's at the junction of my area. I've given her my address during our conversation, though not my house address

I directed her to the place and the both of us met there. I introduced her to the woman and they both exchanged contact. She promised to patronize her continually

To cut long story short and not to bore you guys. She bought 100 bags of 50kg rice and made payment. I observed her body movement and reaction and i was somewhat sceptical about her fulfilling our agreement. She was even saying in presence of the rice owner that i shouldn't worry claiming i was the one who connected her, she even went as far as making empty promises that I'd be getting a commission for every goods she'd order subsequently

Though she didn't go with the goods that very day as there was no bus available. The goods was delivered the following day. Ever since then, this woman had ghosted me. She stopped calling nor chatting with me. She literally kept me at arm length. I have been job hunting since April with no success. I am completely cash stripped that i hardly feed nor do data. I was hoping to get something out of the business so I'd be able to go out in search of job and probably support my siblings with something

I feel completely used by this woman and i have been so down and sick. I discussed with a friend and he suggested i let go

Some ladies do cry out on social media how men had used and dump them. Now i understand them. I honestly feel their pain

So sad
This business and no emotion attached, take it as a lesson. Business lessons 101 never disclose the source to your business to you customers or clients.

Here's is a rice seller who you can do business with + two three four eight zero twenty-nine, ninety five, thirty-two twenty eight, they have been in business for over a decade.
Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Villa12(m): 7:14am On Dec 13, 2022
specialofficer:
You for get 50k from buyer and at all at all 20k from seller but that one dey sha, sufferings are lessons for those who want to learn
I swear down

Even the seller too no try

I don't know why honesty don't pay in this country

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Lucrativress(f): 11:51am On Dec 13, 2022
I feel like this thread should hit front page cause honesty is becoming a pretty bad thing in business.
There seems to be real contention with keeping our values and morals and doing business.

You ask yourself, do I want to succeed or be honest?
Cause the truth is most Nigerians actually don't like honest people

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Richy4(m): 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2022
I don't want to be awful but you are the middlemen the Economist always wants to eliminate in channel of distribution (for free flow of goods and services) embarassed

I'm so sorry you feel used though
Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by culf: 2:52pm On Dec 13, 2022
you did the right thing and don't give up yet, be patient, she will probably need to sell off before sending your commission.

Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by Victoxy(m): 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2022
You just lost a customer cause you didn't play your cards well. This is a lesson that you have to be very creative with your business

Dj yk play be Ogbon sodiq by Sasha banks and timaya
Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by DonroxyII: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2022
UnfairLife7:

So sad
Learn your lesson, You no sabi do business...

You wanna be a Middleman be a Middle Man .... You already showed buyer to seller, a ressonable Businessman would cut you out Immediately and preferred to transact directly But the day Yawa gas between them they will invite You grin

You just got taught Business Intelligence 101:
Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by DonroxyII: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
Offpointng:
Na you looseguard guy. In this type of marketing business, make sure your deal is with the seller not the buyer. You should have told the seller to be the one to add the #500 or even 1k sef herself and act like you're a Good Samaritan trying to connect them both together, and if you suspect you don't trust the seller, no connect both of them. at the end of the day, no winner no looser.

Dem no dey open up or come hands clean with the buyer in the marketing industry. Padi mi o need lati Soji
He can even chop from both side sef ... Just like land deal ...
Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by DonroxyII: 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2022
yomi007k:

Lol, Businesses and Honesty in 21st Century.... Even B2B have alot of Court Cases including B2G ....

Underhand is everywhere even in Church ... If You don't understand the reality of an Endeavour kukuma no enter there if not Na Hypertensions go wound you !
Re: Why Nigerians So Inhumane To Fellow Nigerians? by yomi007k(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
DonroxyII:
Lol, Businesses and Honesty in 21st Century.... Even B2B have alot of Court Cases including B2G ....

Underhand is everywhere even in Church ... If You don't understand the reality of an Endeavour kukuma no enter there if not Na Hypertensions go wound you !

A business has two fates profit or loss.

Who be B2B ? Wetin dem dey do sef?

If crude oil can be facing challenges then no other business is safe.

However, when you build relationships or business on fraud and lies then the suffering will come sooner or later.

I Bought Soured Meat Pie From A Notable Eatery Today Pics. / Why Do Men Cheat On Their Wives / I Need Advice

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82