Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" (12900 Views)

Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless / Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? / Salihu Lukman And His Grandstanding Over Buhari’s Successor - Suleiman Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by botiwunoluwa120: 8:55am On Dec 13, 2022
tinibu hates truth that's what I found outtinibu hates truth that's what I found out...
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:57am On Dec 13, 2022
Buddha3:

"He who comes to equity must come with clean hands".

It is on that premise that the duo of Onanuga and Alake have no moral yardstick to accuse any media house of unprofessional conduct. It is no news that The Nation newspaper has practically been a tool of calumny, unprecedented character assassination of opposing voices to their Pay master, Bola Tinubu. No newspaper in the history of Nigeria's democracy has been so blatantly and practically unprofessional in the discharge of what should be their duties, as what's been obtainable with The Nation newspaper, especially since the commencement of elections campaigns, of which Peter Obi of Labour Party has been the most targeted victim.

So before you people dance in glee over this pathetic attempt an laundering already raggedy loins, you best look inwards before pointing fingers.
God bless you for this.
Pls tell them
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Osamabinladenik: 8:57am On Dec 13, 2022
Adexchelsea19:
But your obi is going to win abii? Last last power we go back to the north
I don't know who will win.
The election is too close to call
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:58am On Dec 13, 2022
mach7:
That photo doesn't belong to Donald Duke.
It belongs to you abi
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by JoeNL22(m): 8:59am On Dec 13, 2022
Parachoko:
Asiwaju has been appearing and talking to Nigerians

I wander what hate filled people like you want again

I'm glad the election is near, hateful people like you will be put where they belong
No, his talking to rented crowds and paid audiences.
What he did in Chatham in uk, why can't he do it with local media houses?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Fantastictelem: 9:02am On Dec 13, 2022
Obaigbena that used to tell his workers to use their id card as a means of sourcing for their salary and this is blackmailing type of salary. Obaigbena is a dirty journalist and as such he is not fit to preach morality. Obaigbena and his co travellers are blackmailers

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Roboto11: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2022
Gaddafiyusf:
Nairaland is one of Tinubu branch. If satan happens to appear on earth nairaland will join to convince us that it the best thing that can happen. And lastly”Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant. Then it seeks to silence good”

Why you no kuku leave Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Ykc2(m): 9:22am On Dec 13, 2022
Alphagan:

What did they say that this release or the previous ones didn't address?

You may want to ask if the salient points raised by the authors on the integrity of AriseTv and its owner are factual? Are they not of concern to you? Or, it only makes sense when Tinubu is the scapegoat but becomes normal when it involves others?

Didn't Obaigbena loot the money that was meant for the procurement of ammunitions to fight insurgency in the NE? Are you aware fathers were killed, their wives raped, their children kidnapped and married off to terrorists? Aren't you bothered about the agony Obaigbena's looting behaviour brought upon those innocent people? Is it because they are not your relatives? Where is your conscience?

Obaigbena should be the last person to preach morality, he is at the bottom on the moral ladder.
if tinubu and ffk can be people with integrity because they are your tribe persons then nduka obaigbena is an angel,let's start with bullion van
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Gaddafiyusf(m): 9:23am On Dec 13, 2022
Parachoko:
The way people like you cry about Asiwaju, person go think say the rest of Nigerian politicians are Angels grin

If we go look am now, your state Governor go dey useless, but your tears is always about Asiwaju
my governor can never be a known drug kingpin.
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Parachoko: 9:23am On Dec 13, 2022
JoeNL22:

No, his talking to rented crowds and paid audiences.
What he did in Chatham in uk, why can't he do it with local media houses?
How did you know this? Can you provide evidence?

Asiwaju have been speaking to Nigerians, we that will vote for him have been listening to him speak.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Parachoko: 9:28am On Dec 13, 2022
Gaddafiyusf:
my governor can never be a known drug kingpin.
Yea, nah so people like you talk say Buhari is dead and was replace by Al-Jubril from Sudan

U can say anything you want, make you use console yourself, nah u sabi.

Your Governor and Local Government Chairman are mediocres, nah Asiwaju matter you carry for head like Gala.

Nah so una call Buhari a terrorist who will islanise Nigeria, he is about to round up his second term now.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by SHNAYAJO: 9:36am On Dec 13, 2022
Let the drama unfold
Snr thief vs jnr thief
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Freethinker87: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Arise TV owned by a PDP stalwart nduka Obaibena can't be trusted or deemed neutral. Their chief Anchor Ruben Abati confessed collecting 500m from Dasuki. APC has failed, yes, but not be arise TV go tell us!

PDP was never an option, i can remember the number of assassinations during pdp times, bomb going off in Abuja and many states.. Who can forget the rubbish NGF election between Amaechi and saraki where 16 was greater than 19?...una think say eveybody na indomie generation? Rabbish

Has Tinubu appeared on Channels TV, or AIT, or even his own TVC for an interview? If Arise TV is compromised, are these other TV stations, including his own, also compromised?

Something is definitely wrong with Tinubu's mysterious avoidance of the Nigerian press.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Gaddafiyusf(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2022
Parachoko:
Yea, nah so people like you talk say Buhari is dead and was replace by Al-Jubril from Sudan

U can say anything you want, make you use console yourself, nah u sabi.

Your Governor and Local Government Chairman are mediocres, nah Asiwaju matter you carry for head like Gala.

Nah so una call Buhari a terrorist who will islanise Nigeria, he is about to round up his second term now.
is Buhari not? I only want to see Nigeria progress and agbado aka conman is a terror waiting to happen. I feel very sad investing in another man’s country because of insecurity, corruption. Wise up mate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by babyfaceafrica: 9:51am On Dec 13, 2022
Freethinker87:

Has Tinubu appeared on Channels TV, or AIT, or even his own TVC for an interview? If Arise TV is compromised, are these other TV stations, including his own, also compromised?

Something is definitely wrong with Tinubu's mysterious avoidance of the Nigerian press.

That one no concern me, pdp and apc na scam! Arise TV should clean their house first before pointing fingers on BAT
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by mabea: 9:56am On Dec 13, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Arise TV owned by a PDP stalwart nduka Obaibena can't be trusted or deemed neutral. Their chief Anchor Ruben Abati confessed collecting 500m from Dasuki. APC has failed, yes, but not be arise TV go tell us!

PDP was never an option, i can remember the number of assassinations during pdp times, bomb going off in Abuja and many states.. Who can forget the rubbish NGF election between Amaechi and saraki where 16 was greater than 19?...una think say eveybody na indomie generation? Rabbish
In all this who do you rather we vote?
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Freethinker87: 9:58am On Dec 13, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

That one no concern me, pdp and apc na scam! Arise TV should clean their house first before pointing fingers on BAT

Stop beating around the bush and answer the question. You said Tinubu will not grant interviews from Arise TV because Arise TV is compromised, I'm asking if other TV stations, including his own TVC, are also compromised?

You Agbadorians think you're smart but on closer inspection, you are not any different from Balablu Blu-Blu Bulaba.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by babyfaceafrica: 9:58am On Dec 13, 2022
mabea:
In all this who do you rather we vote?

Sowore

He is the only one that isn't a politician amongst them
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by babyfaceafrica: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2022
Freethinker87:

Stop beating around the bush and answer the question. You said Tinubu will not grant interviews from Arise TV because Arise TV is compromised, I'm asking if the other stations, including his own TVC are also compromised?

You Agbadorians think you're smart but on closer inspection, you are not any different from Balablu Blu-Blu Bulaba.

Nobody cares about Mikano, BAT or Obi , i. Support sowore
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 13, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

So when will your APC arrest and jail them. Seems they just replaced them with another set of looters while you're here making noise and defending the next set of aspiring looters

Embittered ipobian
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:41am On Dec 13, 2022
Okealaaye:

Embittered ipobian
Is that all?

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by emkz: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Well, they did not respond to the issues. They only resorted to insults and mudslinging.
Note that they did not deny that which you defended them of

I suspect you did not read the rebuttal.

Here is a summary for you:

(1) Bayo Onanuga and Dele Alake were accused of attempting to muzzle the press (despite the accuser not advancing evidence).
They responded thus:

"This allegation is baseless. The statement published on the front page of THISDAY is illustrative of the penchant of the two media houses under Obaigbena’s corrupting influence to peddle falsehood and engage in brazen political partisanship, contrary to the ethics of journalism practice."

(2) The media organization has a penchant for blackmail, hatchet jobs and propagating false news some of which private corporate organizations pay to avoid being blackmailed by him and to spread false positive news about them.

(3) It is no surprise because the media proprietor himself is an unscrupulous, morally bankrupt prick who hides behind his board of editors and media to advance his scandalous lifestyle.

(4) The media proprietor diverted the largesse he received on behalf of his colleagues to start a media outlet. They think he has no moral compass to talk about probity in media.

(5) Many of his columists in his print media are notorious for using abusive language while his television anchors attack guests not in support of their opinions especially those in the APC instead of exemplifying objectivity.

(6) His media agencies are petulantly unprofessional.

(7) Characteristically, the media team attempted to bully the APC Presidential candidate to attend their townhall meeting despite explanations by the APC PCC that the flagbearer won't honour an attendance.

(8 ) The same unscrupulous media attempted to link the false story of the death of one Mueez Adegboyega Akande to Bola Tinubu, claiming he died in suspicious circumstances; but their efforts failed to their eternal embarrassment. Instead of apologizing for their usual false narrative, they engage in puerile intellectual sophistry in a ln abysmal attempt to rationalize their falsehood, perhaps because they were not paid for PR.

(9) They have been trying without end to insist that Bola Tinubu must be linked to a drug case in the US, despite reports that he was not convicted. They have been failing here.

(10) The media team attempted to cast aspersions on the integrity of Bayo Onanuga and Dele Alake, but it must be noted that the proprietor exported sharp business practices to South Africa where he fled due to insolvency and the UK, where he was banned from being a Director for seven years due to apparent uncertainty, perhaps fraud, in the financing of his media outlet in the UK. He also has a predilection for owing salaries.

(11) While Bayo Onanuga and Dele Alake were at the forefront of fighting the military post June 12, the man masquerading as the moral police of the nation was collecting briefs from the same military to launder their image, including talking to CNN to justify the continuation of military leadership.

(12) He also used his media to muzzle the CBN Governor's failed Presidential bid, against all known ethics and practices of corporate governance in CBN.

(13) One of his anchors was running mate to someone who was facing extradition trial to the US for drug dealing, but the station tried to link Tinubu to a narcotics issue without doing an independent investigation.

(14) The same anchor confessed to collecting 500 million naira on behalf of the media from the funds looted from the office of the NSA.

(15) The media proprietor was himself detained by EFCC for receiving and diverting 600 million from the same funds looted from the office of the NSA.

(16) "Unless media practitioners begin to treat him like the plague and cancer he constitutes to the industry, the future of the industry will be endangered."

Please, I noticed you were cherrypicking when I engaged you yesterday. I saw you were fine that Sam Omatseye was threatened so long as he was not running for President. I noticed you accused me of defending Bayo Onanuga and Dele Alake.

I have decided to painstakingly summarize the robust statement released by Bayo Onanuga and Dele Alake for you since you did not read the statements. You can now use the summary to explain how they did not address the issues raised. You can also explain to Nairalanders how I defended them.

I expect you to cherrypick as usual and introduce new and extraneous issues to avoid dealing with the substantive matter at hand; but even the Devil will not deny that you are anti-objectivity and would even launder the Devil himself so long as he dances to your tunes.
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by luizpippo(m): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

NGF elections between Ameachi and Saraki? Look at the standard bearer of fake news. Election was between Ameachi and Jang.

Unfortunately PDP is not an option same as APX
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by OLACROFT(m): 11:17am On Dec 13, 2022
shocked
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Winning123: 11:25am On Dec 13, 2022
He did not forfeit any money. They returned $1million dollars back to him and took about $400k as part tax deductions. Why will they return money to him if he was guilty

Osamabinladenik:
so why did he forfeit money?
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 13, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Is that all?

No, how can that ever be all?
You and your clansmen are labouring in pure vain! Your Messiah can never be president of our country; maybe The Zoo, but certainly not the Federal Republic of Nigeria! Stop wasting your time.
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by mabea: 11:44am On Dec 13, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

Sowore

He is the only one that isn't a politician amongst them
I don't trust him
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by IfnobeGod20: 11:47am On Dec 13, 2022
You see the way APC and its media handlers are leaving the message and attacking the messenger. This country cannot move forward because some detest truth.
If I may ask, are the owners of Thisday and ariseTV contesting to be president of Nigeria? Does Dele and his co-travellers having the receipts of ariseTV and Thursday not paying workers salary? Did Obaibena went to NSA office to steal money there? All these questions must be answer by them.

The money was paid to him to render services and some of the people that refused to return money and were taken to courts, have been freed by the courts as at today, only few are remaining in the courts that have not been decided. AIT was part of them, he told EFCC then, that the money given to him was to render services and he was taken to court and today AIT won the case. That Obaibena returned the money given to him doesn't mean he has committed any infraction because at the eye of the law, he wasn't taken to court and no court has pronounced him guilty.

The way APC presidential candidate media group is trying to play smart and to act larger than over 200m Nigerians is a red flag that if not quickly tamed, we shall pay for it in later days. The ambition of a single soul should not overwhelm the collective interest of the nation. Tinubu is the one looking for a job from Nigerians and Nigerians have right to question him in and out, except his supporters want to make us to believe we are in a banana republic that a man dictates what he want without been controlled.

They can't continue gaslighting everyone and living larger than life, thinking they are more superior than the larger society. The precedences they are trying to set MUST not scale through, else we will spend years to clean the mess again.
Tinubu, Alake and the rest should come down from their high horses as they cannot be bigger than the nation they want to lead. This pride is too much and MUST be curtailed.
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by ChukwuObe: 11:57am On Dec 13, 2022
paramboos:
Tinubu urchins... They have left the issue to attack the owner of This day.. What Abati and Oseni said, is it true? Stop beating around the bush..

You are one of the fake people here. If you can accuse Tinubu supporters as leaving the issue but attack the owner. Have you forgotten that you and your family are the worst propagandists in the world. How many times have you and your family attacked Mercy Johnson, Governor Soludo, BBC reporter, Reno Omokri and others because of what they have said or what they believe in? Please preach to yourself and your family first.
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 13, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

So when will your APC arrest and jail them. Seems they just replaced them with another set of looters while you're here making noise and defending the next set of aspiring looters

https://twitter.com/OfficialPigo/status/1601302966082101250?t=EyhtQ-TvEBxo9tP16BgXYw&s=09

*PETER OBI IS A FRAUD AND A PRETENTIOUS CHARACTER....Fadiru Joseph*

Nollywood actor and former presidential aspirant of the Labour Party, Fadiru Joseph, has blasted Peter Obi and called him an unstable character who cannot be trusted with leadership at any level.

Fadiru was on the AIT program on Saturday, where he described Obi as a product of wicked and heartless branding and PR by those who hate Nigeria and do not wish the nation well.

Fadiru said he was forced to step down for Peter Obi, hoping that he is better and will live true to his words, but it’s obvious that he is a fraud. Peter has remained a terrible person; at least, the crisis in the Labour Party has exposed him and his inability to manage any organization.

We recall that when he left APGA, Obi said it was Willie Obiano and Victor Umeh that chased him out of the party. He ran to the PDP and introduced division and factions, destabilizing the PDP in Anambra State; he ran away, saying it was the cost of delegates that chased him out. He is now in the Labour Party, and the party is already neck-deep in crisis, with brazen financial misconduct and fraud. He has not been able to manage any political party of which he is a member; how can such a man manage Nigeria, if at all there is a chance for him to be president?

In Yoruba land today, people are being warned to be wary of Peter Obi, citing his days in APGA where he played money, division, and religious politics. Fadiru said Obi is turning the Labour Party into the new APGA, where only Anambra people were the national chairman of the party
and only Catholics were allowed to contest elections in the party.

When Obi joined us in the Labour Party, we thought he was different from Atiku Abubakar and Tinubu, but with the turn of events, it’s now obvious that the duo of Atiku and Tinubu are miles better than Peter Obi. I was contemplating forgoing the decision of the party to force me into stepping down for Obi, but now I know better that Obi is terrible and dangerous to our innocent democracy.

The Labour Party was thought to be different from other parties, but immediately after Peter Obi joined the party, he brought with him criminals who now auction Party tickets and positions, characters who siphon money meant for the party.

Labour Party tickets were affordable to members, and the party operated with one bank account, but today, Peter Obi has destroyed all that was the reputation of the party: house of assembly tickets, which were sold for 300,000 naira, became 1.4 million naira; house of representatives and senate tickets, which were one million and three million respectively, increased by over 500 percent; and all money was paid in cash to those criminals from Anambra state who joined the party with Peter Obi. They suspended the party’s bank accounts and demanded cash in return for party tickets.

It’s unfortunate that Nigerians do not know the character of Peter Obi and still take him seriously. All this I’m saying is not an exaggeration but a personal experience. Today, I’m still in court to recover the 30 million I paid for a presidential form, which Obi personally promised to refund me as conditions to stepping down for him, but till date, he has not fulfilled that promise. My experience with Peter Obi is terrible, and I don’t wish such for Nigerians.

Fadiru mentioned also that Peter Obi spends huge amounts of money on propaganda and misinformation; he patronizes the media and pays handsomely to their editors and reporters to always lie about him, and they do that shamelessly too. Anywhere he goes on campaign, he makes promises of money to people so they can mobilize those who’ll cheer him and make noise at the venue, and at the end, he will either release one quarter of the money or nothing at all; he scams everybody.

It’s unfortunate that he claims to be running for president, yet there is no prominent South Easterner that is supporting his ambition; he is running alone and will surely be disgraced at the end. Peter Obi always believes that he will keep deceiving people. Nigerians will teach him that Nigeria is not Anambra.

Peter Obi is a fraud and a pretentious character; he is the product of a terrible PR job that will destroy whatever is left of Nigeria. Fadiru said.

We will teach Peter Obi that Nigeria is not Anambra. #NigeriaNoBeAnambra
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by Osamabinladenik: 11:59am On Dec 13, 2022
Winning123:
He did not forfeit any money. They returned $1million dollars back to him and took about $400k as part tax deductions. Why will they return money to him if he was guilty

so he evaded tax?
Re: Bayo Onanuga Accuses Thisday/Arise Of "Hypocritical Grandstanding" by buhariguy(m): 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2022
paramboos:
Tinubu urchins... They have left the issue to attack the owner of This day.. What Abati and Oseni said, is it true? Stop beating around the bush..
what abati and oseni said is not true.
And you read the reply that US government never mentioned narcotics in their report.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adebutu: Kashamu Led 50 Thugs To Attack Me In Port Harcourt / 11 Boko Haram Members Killed By Army And Bomb Making Factory Destroyed In Borno / $1.5bn Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail: FEC Gets Cost Overrun Request From Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.