Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,336 members, 7,829,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

American Mum In 'trouble' For Cutting Daughter's Hair As Punishment (video) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / American Mum In 'trouble' For Cutting Daughter's Hair As Punishment (video) (548 Views)

Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video) / Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Mum In 'trouble' For Cutting Daughter's Hair As Punishment (video) by Tokotaya: 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2022
Mum ‘roasted’ online for filming herself cutting her daughter’s hair as punishment

An American lady is under fire online for filming herself cutting the hair of her daughter as punishment for disobeying her.

The daughter had apparently neglected to do her homework and some routine house chores that her mother asked her to do.

The mother then set up her phone camera, got hold of a pair of scissors and called her teenage daughter to announce that she would cut her hair for her disobedience.

She told her she would not give her physical punishment, but would cut her hair to make her understand that being pretty does not mean anything if she is not disciplined.

The clip shows shock on the face of the girl and she initially tries to resist but succumbs when she realizes her mother is determined.

Apparently fearing online backlash, the mother filmed herself in a session after cutting the daughter’s hair.

She asks her daughter a series of questions, among which is, “Do you understand why I did what I did? Are you traumatized by my action? Have you learnt anything from this incident? Do you believe I did this because I love you?”

The daughter answers all the question favourably, denying being traumatized and affirming that she has learnt her lessons among other things.

The mother uploaded the clip and it went viral. It gathered over 2.5 million views on @_breakingnews_ platform on Tiktok.

Incidentally, the clip attracted overwhelming negative comments from viewers. There was no positive comments in the first 20 comments reviewed.

The first person to comment rubbished the attempt by the mother to make light of the situation by asking the daughter some questions at the end of the punishment.

The commenter wrote: “She’s agreeing with her mom because she’s afraid of her!! You can see it in her eyes!!”

Shawnathompson617: “This broke my heart. Why would you do that to your child? That’s not it honey”

Alisha De: “Traumatising!!! You can see it all over her. And she isn’t going to respond with how she truly feels. So so sad!”

Katrina Hymon719: “Babyyyyy if that ain’t trauma on her face ..idk what is..sounds like an excuse to do what you wanted to do anyway �…SAD!!!”

Ericka A Walker: “Reminds me of Mommy Dearest. The look on her face reads Terrified.

Tawanadaly: “So cutting her hair is gonna make her do these things I’m not understanding”

Nieve Chiodo Baehr: “My mom did it. Same story. I never depended on her ever again.” Love and Light.: “Wow. That is brutal. Maybe mom’s the reason she’s acting up in school”

Stephanie Marie Rodr: “As a mother of 3 teenagers, yes parenting is hard when our kids don’t follow our rules or advice BUT id never in my life do this to them”

Sara Moore: “Praying for this little girl. May God Watch over you.. ��� karma mom!!!!”

Elicia Wolsey: “This is sad…. it will have long term effects on their relationship for sure. not to mention on how her daughter feels about herself…”

Lavinia N: “Mom is wrong”.

Usercablegirl: “My cousin did this to her daughter and yet they haven’t spoken for more then 15 years this is trauma for life.”

Livelife82: “Daughter is in complete shock and it seems like she’s only answering what she’s expected to answer if not something worse will happen to her.”
https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2022/12/12/mum-roasted-online-for-filming-herself-cutting-her-daughters-hair-as-punishment/

Re: American Mum In 'trouble' For Cutting Daughter's Hair As Punishment (video) by godofuck231: 12:16am On Dec 13, 2022
Make she go Africa, her mother go add tribal marks , ferragamo artisic style
Re: American Mum In 'trouble' For Cutting Daughter's Hair As Punishment (video) by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 13, 2022
What's the bashing for.....all I see there is a mother trying to make her daughter a better person .
Re: American Mum In 'trouble' For Cutting Daughter's Hair As Punishment (video) by jeff1607(m): 6:01am On Dec 13, 2022
If I were the husband, the wife is definitely gonna get some cold shoulders till that hair grows back

There are other ways to discipline a girl child
Re: American Mum In 'trouble' For Cutting Daughter's Hair As Punishment (video) by Tokotaya: 8:54am On Dec 13, 2022
One day soon, there will be no acceptable form of disciplining a child in America. You cannot spank, that is physical abuse. You cannot scold, that is emotional abuse. You cannot cut her hair, that is trauma. Na real wah!

1 Like

Re: American Mum In 'trouble' For Cutting Daughter's Hair As Punishment (video) by NoToPile: 5:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
Tokotaya:
One day soon, there will be no acceptable form of disciplining a child in America. You cannot spank, that is physical abuse. You cannot scold, that is emotional abuse. You cannot cut her hair, that is trauma. Na real wah!

I don't even understand again anyway its America.

Something that low cut for some girls back then can be a parental response to just spending too much time making your hair. Kilonje trauma. Nowadays this one trauma, that one trauma Mtchew.

They will say woo cut it let breeze be blowing your hair and water should touch it everyday EOD, them no born you well toeven attempt negotiation.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Date A Liability. / Do Ladies That Got Pregnant Out Of Wedlock Also Have Weird Cravings? / Access To My Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.