Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? (35319 Views)

A Completely Unclad Man On Top Of A Powerline In Lagos- Photos. / Strange Tree In Borno State That Grows Back After Being Cut Now Tourist Center / Man's Legs Cut Off In Auto Accident As Car Rams Into Bus In Lagos (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by normaljenny(m): 10:41am On Dec 15, 2022
pedrilo:
My elder broder for raping my gf in 2007 and now that I'm married to anoda woman, he visits my home frequently when I'm out of town leaving my wife and 2 year old baby alone at home.
I called him to always call b4 coming and stop visiting my home when I'm not in town. I have to protect my family cos once beaten twice shy.
Did I take a wrong step?

Not just that call, take him to the village elders to tell him to stop coming to your house when you are not around. Because he will sure do it again, and nothing will happen. Are you even sure he doesn’t have that in his mind already?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by achimendy(m): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2022
Rubbiish:

How old is he?

31 years.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by DAVE5(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2022
normaljenny:

INCLUDING YOUR MUM

And your mum too
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by cmoney22222: 11:04am On Dec 15, 2022
I have no friend
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Eaglesence: 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
Carcholce:
Have you ever cut of a very close friend completely? If yes, give your reasons why you did.

I had a blossom friend from secondary school. Kept telling other friends that shes my best friend all because we started and finished from same secondary school together. Even when i was not in Nigeria i kept her as my favorite until i found out she has been snitching on me. Omo, e no hard me to drop our friendship like poop. I hate snitches.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by joema443: 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2022
Carcholce:
Have you ever cut of a very close friend completely? If yes, give your reasons why you did.

Yes! I cut off with a friend who by God's grace (All glory belong to God) was used to play the US Visa lottery that made him a US citizen for over 20yrs now. He believes so much in substance, riches and status (because he's so rich now) but, I think friendship is above all. Naturally, I value friendship and I give everything I have to it but, most time I get disappointed.....Human will always be human.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Glister: 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2022
Carcholce:

Oya come and tell us how you dammed those nighas
����
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Glister: 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2022
Carcholce:

Oya come and tell us how you dammed those nighas

grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Makween(f): 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
Yes but a cousin.
I went to stay with her at Ibadan with most of my luggage. I returned to Lagos last December for Christmas just to spend a week and return but plan changed so I stayed back in Lagos.
I had to start buying new clothes pending when I go to pack my stuffs back to Lagos.

2 months ago, a friend went to Ibadan, and I pleaded with him to help me bring my stuffs, I called my cousin to help me put all my stuff I was using before I left into my bag that someone is coming to carry them for me.
I warned her not to remove anything from my bag, which she said “why will I take your stuff “?.

When I got my bags, I discovered that this girl removed my valuables even down to my towel and night wear. Hmmm I was mad, I called her immediately, she knew what I was calling her for and feigned busy but I didn’t give her the chance to escape the conversation.

She sent me useless voice notes on WhatsApp telling me that she respects me and I should give her her own respect, why would I accuse her of taking my things? that I should never in my life call her and shout at her, that everywhere is scattered so probably my things are somewhere and I was like you know all those things you took were in my bags before I left and I’m not a disorganized person. My people if you listen to the voice notes that stupid girl sent to me, you will cry for me.
I and people who take note notice she’s in a competition with me, we are just one year apart.
I’ve cut her off totally and blocked her line.
I hate nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Beckyyemi23: 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2022
Yes too much backstabbing
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by YoungLionken(m): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
DAVE5:

And your mum too

Come on now nigga sad, you shouldn't have honoured that nincompoop with your reply to his nonsense...
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Vivvvy1(f): 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
Everytime time
People dey quick tire me undecided
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by mariahAngel(f): 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
Munzy14:

Lol..Nawa o.

I understand it a situation with no explanation.

Currently if you are my guy, it is just you, I avoid any familiarity with anyother family member.

Of course, there's an explanation.

You know that "Bro code": A brO's bro is a bro?
Well, it applies to a brO's sis too. Hehehe cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by mariahAngel(f): 7:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
Karleb:

Bro, it's because you don't have a sis. No guy will want his friend to date his sister.

No guy will approve that. Unless you guys are not close or he doesn't love his sister.

I can't even explain why that is.

You can try to explain, but you just don't want to.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Karleb(m): 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

You can try to explain, but you just don't want to.

Ok now.

It's disrespectful! That's why.

It can be more disrespectful when she becomes his ex.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Munzy14(m): 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

Of course, there's an explanation.

You know that "Bro code": A brO's bro is a bro?
Well, it applies to a brO's sis too. Hehehe cheesy
Birthday girl.. cheesy

Okwaya...No mata how gentle a bro is, the moment you familiarised with his sis, his face will change.

I am friend with my Ex bro..And I am becoming uncomfortable with it..

A time we were gisting he called me guy man..It deepens my continued keeping him close..

Av initiated my cold self for complete cut off...A cho hum any reminder ma o wu mmadu into cha shi m.. grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by mariahAngel(f): 8:50pm On Dec 15, 2022
Munzy14:

Birthday girl.. cheesy

Okwaya...No mata how gentle a bro is, the moment you familiarised with his sis, his face will change.

I am friend with my Ex bro..And I am becoming uncomfortable with it..

A time we were gisting he called me guy man..It deepens my continued keeping him close..

Av initiated my cold self for complete cut off...A cho hum any reminder ma o wu mmadu into cha shi m.. grin

cheesy

Did you become friends within the course of your relationship with your ex or after?
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Munzy14(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

cheesy

Did you become friends within the course of your relationship with your ex or after?
Within.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by mariahAngel(f): 9:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
Munzy14:

Within.

OK.

You can still be cordial with him, while you avoid discussing personal stuff.
Unless you can't deal with the reminder part.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Munzy14(m): 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

OK.

You can still be cordial with him, while you avoid discussing personal stuff.
Unless you can't deal with the reminder part.
No..

Gradually cutting off anything related to them..for life.

So that I can genuinely care for the next. cheesy

There is this scotch bonnet pepper in the market, just one in meal..My God shocked

I asked momsy ya si m Yes, that it is used half sef.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by dayleke: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
busomma:
Yes I did cut off a very close childhood friend cos he lied to me. He immigrated from Nigeria to the United States with his only child & I accommodated them for 7 months not knowing he has been planning to go to Canada to seek for asylum. What pained me so much was that he lied to me that he'll be visiting a family friend in upstate New York ( he was staying with me in Maryland) & will be back in about a week. I dropped him off at the train station but didn't hear from him for 3 days. It was when he mistakenly sent me a whatsapp messages meant for his wife in Nigeria to me ,instructing her not to let me know he had crossed over to Canada, was when I found out.
He later apologized but I can't trust such a person anymore. We've known each other since 1980. I wish him well though.

I wonder why he did that.
What was he hiding?
Or trying to hide?
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by mariahAngel(f): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2022
Munzy14:

No..

Gradually cutting off anything related to them..for life.
So that I can genuinely care for the next. cheesy

There is this scotch bonnet pepper in the market, just one in meal..My God shocked

I asked momsy ya si m Yes, that it is used half sef.

Ngwanu. smiley
I understand.

Is it a new specie?
O wu red k'o wu yellow?
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Munzy14(m): 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

Ngwanu. smiley
I understand.

Is it a new specie?
O wu red k'o wu yellow?

Red..They sell just 4 for 100naira in the nearby market here...very spicy
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by DAVE5(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
YoungLionken:

Come on now nigga sad, you shouldn't have honoured that nincompoop with your reply to his nonsense...

Sometime I tell myself it’s ok to go into the dirt with a pig and play it’s game
Craze cures craze sometimes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by mariahAngel(f): 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2022
Munzy14:

Red..They sell just 4 for 100naira in the nearby market here...very spicy

O ga a di mma n'ofe.
I hope they're able to keep up its availability.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Munzy14(m): 5:59am On Dec 16, 2022
mariahAngel:

O ga a di mma n'ofe.
I hope they're able to keep up its availability.
As in eeh..

It reminds me of the popular ose Nsukka cheesy that is extinct..
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2022
Yoshiyuki:
Not all stories like massages have a happy ending....My friends circle is so small, it's now a dot. Had this friend that was a serial complainer and ultra sensitive like toothpaste. Whenever I pressed him (not literally, perv), he'll get all wound up and stop talking to me. I reached out to him and apologised a couple of times but after the last one, blanked the n*** He sent me a message almost 1 year after but ignored his sensitive ass grin

" Whenever you press him" please explain.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:16am On Dec 16, 2022
PaAdu02:
I completely cut off a close frd that acts like mr know-it-all. and very selfish completely without leaving any % to doubt.I ve had to deal with his ways for years and we have both done favors for each other,but he can’t ever help u but like to oppress one,at some points he started making good contacts unknowingly to him,I started to make good money at that time ,him thinking I’m still that broke nigga,distanced himself from me completely for 2years,I changed country and finally decided to exit him for life from my life.and so shall it be .

Lol. That was so smooth. I'm sure he didn't see that coming.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2022
genkins:
I cut out one of my good friends of 12 years coz dude was a bad influence. Envious and use me as yardstick to his success.

Apart from the fact that he drinks and smokes too much which I don't see how an adult male in his productive age should spend most times drinking and smoking.
If I buy lexus, my guy must buy the higher version of it otherwise he is a failure.
If I dress well, my guy must dress better.
If I have a girlfriend,my guy is constantly calculating how the girl should be his.
He always want to be the star in our gathering especially when babe de involved.
If I decide to buy Suv, my guy sef must change to Suv. If I build Bungalow, my guy must build something that has staircase.. Lol
I noticed all these characteristics but I felt he was just being childish
Then I noticed that if I put in for an international exams, he will do everything to rubbish the exams so I don't write it, then turns around to go attempt it. When we were around marriageable age, he tried to discourage me from serious dating but went behind to propose to his girl so he will marry first.. I can go on and on...

One day, I decided that these character cannot be my friend again. I just blocked and blanked him... Now for 2yrs.And I have been a better person since in terms of foresight and achievement.

I feel you stayed for too long sir.

Those characteristics you mentioned up there are so so bad and unhealthy. Such person can kill you.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2022
busomma:
Yes I did cut off a very close childhood friend cos he lied to me. He immigrated from Nigeria to the United States with his only child & I accommodated them for 7 months not knowing he has been planning to go to Canada to seek for asylum. What pained me so much was that he lied to me that he'll be visiting a family friend in upstate New York ( he was staying with me in Maryland) & will be back in about a week. I dropped him off at the train station but didn't hear from him for 3 days. It was when he mistakenly sent me a whatsapp messages meant for his wife in Nigeria to me ,instructing her not to let me know he had crossed over to Canada, was when I found out.
He later apologized but I can't trust such a person anymore. We've known each other since 1980. I wish him well though.

Too bad that he was trying to save face but got caught in the web.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by mariahAngel(f): 11:03am On Dec 16, 2022
Munzy14:

As in eeh..

It reminds me of the popular ose Nsukka cheesy that is extinct..

Ihe na a gwo'm ike na ihe ndi a wu na mgbe I ga cho ya, I gahu a huzi ya.

In Nigeria, we lack that sustainability/availability/stability culture.
That is why we lose some things (through extinction)

I ga e weretu mkpuru ya kuo?

One time, I had some oranges that were really very sweet, juicy and flavourful, I didn't want to throw the seeds away afterwards.
I kept them for a while, but I painfully had to throw them away eventually.
(I wished I could plant them n'ulo, maka na oroma ebe ulo je a gba nti.
I'm yet to taste a sweet orange ebe ulo. undecided)
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Munzy14(m): 11:54am On Dec 16, 2022
mariahAngel:

Ihe na a gwo'm ike na ihe ndi a wu na mgbe I ga cho ya, I gahu a huzi ya.

In Nigeria, we lack that sustainability/availability/stability culture.
That is why we lose some things (through extinction)

I ga e weretu mkpuru ya kuo?

One time, I had some oranges that were really very sweet, juicy and flavourful, I didn't want to throw the seeds away afterwards.
I kept them for a while, but I painfully had to throw them away eventually.
(I wished I could plant them n'ulo, maka na oroma ebe ulo je a gba nti.
I'm yet to taste a sweet orange ebe ulo. undecided)
Consistency is the problem with most of us..

Some have initiated Ideas that could have made them talked about in the near future, but they don't.

In 09' I, My Dad and our last born started gardening.. A man introduced us an thought my dad how to grow Amaranth(green leaves)( shoko cheesy) We tried it in the dry season, and it was awesome..With the high demands.

We've maintained that tradition till now every dry season..towards end of every production season, we preserve seeds for the next year season...

Although everyone has pulled out, except me..So if stop, that ides will die off..The customers waiting for supply, the consumers will be left on OYO.

We are yet to pick start supply this season, mana those marketing women are seriously pestering momsy..Madam ole ihe ji green o wu grin

Consistency is key..Few years later you will be shocked at your achievements. No cap! I can boast of a niche in this locality when it comes to Agro..Just a heritage stuff.

I pray one of my kids or some will pick interest when it is time.

Trust, I will plant the pepper..will give momsy money to buy more of it and re-plant.

As for a sweet orange, My Dad planted one near his Dad grave, oh My! Very sweet.. But due to onwe hu so onye nu na village house, those things died.

I asked him the secret, ya si m, in his youthful age, ones he plants any fruit, he pour sugar around it grin grin

His orange was the sweetest.

His pear is the hottest and most wanted in my entire village...That pear you easily get malaria with it according to my uncle..Because you will go on to take more and more of it not knowing you are accumulating oil in your system.

You could av planted the orange in a container..When next you have such, just plant in a container..some how you will find ways to send it home.

My Dad's only sis planted alot in our village..Even in her husband's house, she don use fruits finish there grin grin

Spiritually, some humans have green hand..anything they plant grows well than others.

All my siblings have it except my immediate..My parents have it as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Is 'Milk Crate Challenge'? 5 Things You Should Know About Trending Videos / Picture Of Python Killed In A Flooded House In Yenagoa / Collections Of Snake's And Fishes Killed By My Uncle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.