Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

What Is The Point Of Free Will? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Point Of Free Will? (3108 Views)

Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? / God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. / Free Will Is An Illusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by kingxsamz(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Yeah

Lol, okay.
So someone goes to heaven, do they have the freewill to assault somebody?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by TenQ: 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2022
hayoholla:

This is what you said down here�

When the manufacturer creates the laptop computer, does he load it with virus?
OR
Virus get into the computer because the USER connected an unverified software source accessing the computer?

And I replied you. I asked if there's no computer system, how will computer virus exist. So Where's the confusion in my reply.

You even replied again with this�

You even replied that Except your solution is that :
To ELIMINATE computer VIRUSES, it is sufficient to eliminate all COMPUTERS

So obviously you understood my reply.

And also you said,

I didn't speak of ANY computer system

When you initially started with this�

When the manufacturer creates the laptop computer, does he load it with virus?
OR
Virus get into the computer because the USER connected an unverified software source accessing the computer?

Or is it my use of "computer sytem" that's confusing you?

Computer system is not the same as Computer!
Highly confusing!

You may rephrase your question please!
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by TenQ: 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
hayoholla:

grin. Incorrect bro. If there's no such thing as a computer "system", how will a computer virus exist grin. Try harder next time.
Are you saying that:
The manufacturer should NOT have created computers SO THAT Viruses will NOT exist?

This seems to be your argument!
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by hayoholla(m): 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2022
TenQ:

Are you saying that:
The manufacturer should NOT have created computers SO THAT Viruses will NOT exist?

This seems to be your argument!

This is my stance once again. A Computer system needs to exist for a computer virus to exist. Do you have any opposing argument. Please present them, then we can thrash it out
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by TenQ: 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2022
hayoholla:

This is my stance once again. A Computer system needs to exist for a computer virus to exist. Do you have any opposing argument. Please present them, then we can thrash it out
So, you are saying that the Manufacturer shouldn't have created the computer.

But,
Don't forget that the computer was created by the manufacturer to be of USE to him: Are you saying that the purpose and needs of the Manufacturer is unimportant?
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by hayoholla(m): 4:13pm On Dec 18, 2022
TenQ:

Computer system is not the same as Computer!
Highly confusing!

You may rephrase your question please!

grin. You're the one confusing your self. Dont let semantics confuse you.

This is quora definition of a computer system. �

Simple answer 1: a computer is like an engine whereas a computer system is like a vehicle (a car or truck or boat) that contains one or more engines and does something more complex than what the engine does. But the engine is the essential component that enables the vehicle to do what it does.

Simple answer 2: a computer exists in a single place and does a primitive set of functions. A computer system combines a computer with many other things to perform a complex set of functions. It can also exist in a single place, but it may exist in many places at the same time.

More elaborate answer: A computer is a device that does certain things (mostly very basic data manipulation and mathematical functions), just as a building is a device that does certain things (such as housing offices or apartments). What makes a computer special is that it does these things very very quickly. A computer system is a mechanism that incorporates multiple computers along with other things like data storage devices, networks, and data paths (ways to move data around among storage devices and computers), as well as software (rules for how to do things), procedures and processes and protocols and on and on. A computer system performs a rather complex function, just as a city is a system that involves multiple buildings along with roads, sewage treatment plants, water and electrical systems and many other things that enable it to perform a function considerably more complex than the function performed by a building.

A major advance in the field of computing was the advent of networking. Before that, computers had to be near each other in order to communicate with each other and computer systems typically existed in a relatively small physical location where all the computers were in the same place. If you see a movie released in the period from roughly 1950 to 1980, you will note that computers and computer systems were typically depicted as gigantic things located in a large room. With networking, a computer system might have computers in one place, remote access devices in another place, and other computers in other places. Thus a building might have computers and terminals and printers and what have you all over it, all capable of communicating with each other. The internet, which enables world wide networks, has made it possible to have computer systems that consist of thousands of computers (or more), located all over the globe.

Whether I use a computer or a computer system, it doesn't matter. A Computer virus cannot exist without a computer or a computer system. Whichever you choose to do with.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by TenQ: 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2022
hayoholla:

grin. You're the one confusing your self. Dont let semantics confuse you.

This is quora definition of a computer system. �

Simple answer 1: a computer is like an engine whereas a computer system is like a vehicle (a car or truck or boat) that contains one or more engines and does something more complex than what the engine does. But the engine is the essential component that enables the vehicle to do what it does.

Simple answer 2: a computer exists in a single place and does a primitive set of functions. A computer system combines a computer with many other things to perform a complex set of functions. It can also exist in a single place, but it may exist in many places at the same time.

More elaborate answer: A computer is a device that does certain things (mostly very basic data manipulation and mathematical functions), just as a building is a device that does certain things (such as housing offices or apartments). What makes a computer special is that it does these things very very quickly. A computer system is a mechanism that incorporates multiple computers along with other things like data storage devices, networks, and data paths (ways to move data around among storage devices and computers), as well as software (rules for how to do things), procedures and processes and protocols and on and on. A computer system performs a rather complex function, just as a city is a system that involves multiple buildings along with roads, sewage treatment plants, water and electrical systems and many other things that enable it to perform a function considerably more complex than the function performed by a building.

A major advance in the field of computing was the advent of networking. Before that, computers had to be near each other in order to communicate with each other and computer systems typically existed in a relatively small physical location where all the computers were in the same place. If you see a movie released in the period from roughly 1950 to 1980, you will note that computers and computer systems were typically depicted as gigantic things located in a large room. With networking, a computer system might have computers in one place, remote access devices in another place, and other computers in other places. Thus a building might have computers and terminals and printers and what have you all over it, all capable of communicating with each other. The internet, which enables world wide networks, has made it possible to have computer systems that consist of thousands of computers (or more), located all over the globe.

Whether I use a computer or a computer system, it doesn't matter. A Computer virus cannot exist without a computer or a computer system. Whichever you choose to do with.
The components units of both cars and computers are systems!
Please don't go there, I've answered you in my previous post.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by hayoholla(m): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2022
TenQ:

So, you are saying that the Manufacturer shouldn't have created the computer.

But,
Don't forget that the computer was created by the manufacturer to be of USE to him: Are you saying that the purpose and needs of the Manufacturer is unimportant?

Let me make myself clear. @the bolded , it's up to him to have created the computer in the first place, but know this, a computer virus is cannot exist without a computer to infect. Abi na u computer virus wan infect?
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2022
hayoholla:
1. You're stretching this further and further. How did man got these characteristic if not from God's likeness. Its like making a robot and you'd expect it to just perform the task you built it for, without the necessary programmes and instructions it need to be fed with, to execute it. undecided. Such creation is nothing more than a caricature!

2. Since God breathed life into every living creatures. I am sure the the carnivorous animal we have today, initially started out vegans undecided or how did they got the knowledge of killing other animals to help them survive. Or was it part of the plan too? Or was it humans fault, that made them share in the punishment too? Please explain this.

There you go insisting that it should all have been according to how you supposed. Adam was given a choice and made to know the consequence of disobeying said choice.

3. Maybe your error is you believing that I had wanted a perfect world, where everything would have worked out as plan. As if eating the supposed apple wasn't even part of the plan! embarassed since the consequence of eating the apple was stated, the it had to be part of the plan, else God would've made only the tree of good only, to save himself the stress of regret of making man. I said it earlier that the fact the tree of good and evil exist, then he should've had the premonition of what to expect. The flaw didn't just come spring up from "thin air", even though he saw it that it was good. This does not invalidate the possibilities of the probabilities of Adam going the opposite way of the "intended plan" . Stop looking at this from only one side of the coin. Adam was given a freewill within a constraint set of choices ffs! It's like the dilenma choosing between A and B, Of which it present in its enticing possibilities. Common. Man, do not make it look as if Adam deserved. Don't be God's jury here. You don't even know its intention, even though he said he regretted making man. Haven't we ever entertained the thought of going back to our childhood when the world then was without pressure and responsibilities, when we received the attentions and care, but the constraint is we have to grow. And by growing, we shoulder more responsibilities.

In your confusion, you keep forgetting that evil was created by God Himself. You know what, You need to make up your mind whether you want to argue the delusions and musings of you or need to focus instead on seeing what is written as it is written

4. If evil was created by God, what was the intention of him creating it, if he created a perfect world? Are you telling me the all knowing God do not know the probabilities of the outcomes of his own action!!!!! Tell me please. Make me understand. Even of he wanted to test Adam with the tree of good and evil, then he should still know what the outcome will be on both sides, which means God's creation was good in "making" but not entirely good in characteristics. And if this is still the case, God who created evil himself is capable of evil, because he can comprehend what evil is, even if he's not inclined to do so. It's like two side of a coin. Both are inseparable!!!!! So in essence God's creation can only be assumed to be good in aesthetics, and not in their characteristic; of each of his creation.
1. You are still not making any sense at all. You keep trying to the this where it shouldn't even go undecided

Again, Adam was built with ability to make choices. This ability was tested by God and found good meaning He was certified as being in excellent working conditions when he was made-- no faults found in his make-up hence the reason why God declared His Work --- not Adam the man -- good. Understand this first, and maybe you can pose more meaningful questions afterwards. undecided
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
kingxsamz:

Lol, okay.

Assault in heaven?
The Bible teaches that only a few number will go to heaven
They're going there to rule with Jesus Christ (a form of cabinet) and to rule over obedient mankind on earth
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I know. That means he was perfect according to the assessment of his Creator, like the Rolls Royce, iPhone, mannequin etc.

You have said the words of programming which is "God gave him" which means God set him, the same way iPhone and other toys are set in their own way.

Don't forget CHOICES
iphone and others toys can't make choices bro.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Don't forget CHOICES
iphone and others toys can't make choices bro.

Because their own gods did not give them the programme of Choice making like called plants.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I just read Isaiah
How does this scripture fit in

As in, it is The Creator of a Thing Who determines and Set that which is clean and unclean, perfect and imperfect, clay and unclay and not the created thing nor its fellow created things.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Lol
John 17:17
God's word is truth
Truth is a life and death thing so you can't tell me I chose the death choice...

As I said I have spoken my mind on your group and i respect your choice and all.i simply say is that we all know the difference between Life and Death, Good and Evil, Lies and Truth.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by kingxsamz(m): 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Assault in heaven?
The Bible teaches that only a few number will go to heaven
They're going there to rule with Jesus Christ (a form of cabinet) and to rule over obedient mankind on earth

Answer my question.
Whether few will go or not, since you said there's freewill in heaven, does one have the freewill to assault someone else in heaven? Answer.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Da!
Try and read all I wrote in that comments again
Man is a moral or freewill agent. Robot are not. Do not try to mix both together. That is why man can obey based on LOVE, loyalty, they can choose from right and wrong, obedience or disobedience.
You're the one mixing things up

Man did not make himself, robots did not make themselves.

Man has a Creator, Robots have a creator.

Man is absolutely under the power of his Creator, robots are absolutely under the power of their creator. No difference.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2022
TenQ:

You got a computer for a young boy, installed all the softwares he needed on it with a simple instructini. "Under no circumstance should you accept ANY softwares from anyone to avoid risk of infection."

At this point, is the computer virus infected?

No!

Where was the virus then?

Outside the computer.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2022
Anormalguy:

I don’t understand this part. Perhaps you are referring to something related to the Adam & Eve story. Please clarify.

Yes! The ability to do evil all starts with Adam and Eve AFTER THEY BECAME SICK BECAUSE THEY ATE THE FRUIT CONTAINING THE VIRUS CALLED EVIL.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Show us where the Bible said God kept evil in a fruit.

Look na, you would see that you do not see evil anywhere except in the fruit in Genesis 1:29.

Aemmyjah:

If so, where does the wrong desire come in?

From why Satan needed man to eat the fruit.

Aemmyjah:

Satan did not eat fruit but he was already evil.

Satan is not man na, who was given the Commandment do not eat the fruit of that Tree.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Steep(m): 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2022
kingxsamz:

Lol, okay.
those who go to heaven are already transformed. There is no assaulting or any other type of sin.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by TenQ: 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

At this point, is the computer virus infected?

No!

Where was the virus then?

Outside the computer.
The virus is in the strange unauthorized software source external to the computer and installed because the boy wanted his independence.

WHY didn't you complete the script?

Where did you get that?
With freewill you can choose either to be dependent or reliant on God or to be totally independent of Him.

You got a computer for a young boy, installed all the softwares he needed on it with a simple instructini. "Under no circumstance should you accept ANY softwares from anyone to avoid risk of infection."

Someone told the boy, you have only the latest Nintendo softwares, the old ancient versions of Nintendo is much more interesting. The person who gave you the computer doesn't want you to enjoy your computer that is why he locked up all the old beautiful interesting gaming softwares!

So, you boy got this new software installed on his machine. Now, he got a new set of softwares BUT his system is now infected with Trojans, Viruses and Worms!
Now the whole computer is misbehaving because of the virus.

Your question was, how did this EVIL virus get inside the boys computer?

How does a virus get into a computer?
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2022
TenQ:

The virus is in the strange unauthorized software source external to the computer and installed because the boy wanted his independence.

WHY didn't you complete the script?

My point was evil was external. We all saw how it was introduced and installed into man
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by TenQ: 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

My point was evil was external. We all saw how it was introduced and installed into man
Of course, evil was external to man before it was installed by mans choice (even though, he didn't understand fully the implication that the infection will takeover his life)
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2022
TenQ:

Of course, evil was external to man before it was installed by mans choice (even though, he didn't understand fully the implication that the infection will takeover his life)

Careful, there are 2 different causes here. Male Adam's crime was because he listened to his wife rather than continuing in his usual obedience to God, going by The judgement of The Judge who heard and tried the matter.

Female Adam's crime is many such that God did not conclude her trial. He adjourned it sine die.

Which led to my investigation hence this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6319053/when-eve-charged-court-charges
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Aemmyjah(m): 12:39am On Dec 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Man is absolutely under the power of his Creator, robots are absolutely under the power of their creator. No difference.

What am I saying and what are you saying?
You're ignoring the main thing
Freedom of choice
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Aemmyjah(m): 12:40am On Dec 19, 2022
kingxsamz:

Answer my question.
Whether few will go or not, since you said there's freewill in heaven, does one have the freewill to assault someone else in heaven? Answer.

Why and who will assault someone in heaven?!
Your question requires no answer
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Aemmyjah(m): 12:41am On Dec 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Because their own gods did not give them the programme of Choice making like called plants.

Lol
Do you known what IS CHOICE?
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:53am On Dec 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Look na, you would see that you do not see evil anywhere except in the fruit in Genesis 1:29.

From why Satan needed man to eat the fruit.

Satan is not man na, who was given the Commandment do not eat the fruit of that Tree.

Evil did not enter the world by means of eating the fruit of that tree
You're really funny

Tell us why Satan 'needed' man to eat the fruit
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:54am On Dec 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

So the Creator is responsible for every behavior of man including good and bad right?
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by kingxsamz(m): 9:25am On Dec 19, 2022
Steep:
those who go to heaven are already transformed. There is no assaulting or any other type of sin.

This was what the OP asked and you people mentioned freewill.
Anormalguy:

Why would God who is good and against all evil create creatures who have the potential for evil?
Now, I asked if there's freewill in heaven and you guys said yes, meanwhile, you claim one cannot commit sin in heaven.
So this only brings us back to the OP's question. Why would your "good god" create creatures who have potentials to commit sin?
Why didn't he just make them incapable of sin just as it is in heaven?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by kingxsamz(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Why and who will assault someone in heaven?!
Your question requires no answer

Give reasons why that cannot happen.
Re: What Is The Point Of Free Will? by kingxsamz(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Celstial Church Of Christ / The 10 Commandments / Top Ten Signs You're An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.