Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) (31367 Views)

Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) / Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by DivineT: 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
SocialJustice:
I'm Urhobo but I prefer owo soup to banga soup. They are very nice though.

I like amala and ogbolo soup.
Same

Owho soup is more tasty

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Annahh(f): 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
Fisherman soup.
Efo riro(I chop this soup Wella during my nysc cheesy)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Allisgud: 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2022
White soup cooked with catfish and chicken and wheat

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by gibsonwales(m): 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2022
I'm Yoruba amaka / ndi Yoruba but I enjoy afang, okazi, edikaikong, OHA na Baba of all grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by LILTJAY: 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2022
I only eat my tribe foods or foreign foods tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by shortIGBOman: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Me too.

Me, upon sighting igbo food. grin

Kikikikikikikikikikikiki grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by SmartPolician: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2022
Okwyjesus:

Rivers native soup

Akwa Ibom Afang Soup

I love this soup too

Unfortunately, Rivers people rarely travel.

So, one rarely sees this soup outside their state.

I like Delta Banga soup prepared in their native pot/plate too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by greatermeme: 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Ewa goin
All other Afonja foods are poisonous.
The Togolese own 'ewa agoin'.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by tuoyoojo(m): 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bahamas95:
Fresh catfish banger soup and starch.....The soup should be served with that traditional clay plate (ēwērè)

When you eat that food even if you nor be witch you go confess.

Bros this thing wen u do nor go o

See as u just make hunger catch me

Nor be periwinkle I sight for inside the soup o
Osé mé

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by airsaylongcome: 7:35pm On Dec 19, 2022
Hamzashaf99:
Amala with ewedu and gbegiri.

All ibo soups excluding ogbono

Examples of these ibo soups
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Drrnie(m): 7:36pm On Dec 19, 2022
Na ewa agoyin(mixed with round fish) and fresh agege bread smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by seanwilliam(m): 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2022
Banga

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Omoluabi16(m): 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2022
Starch and banga/owho soup. It is peculiar to the Niger-delta people.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by WilsonBright935: 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
Owho soup with eba

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bahamas95(m): 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
SocialJustice:
I'm Urhobo but I prefer owho soup to banga soup. They are very nice though.

I like amala and ogbolo soup.
I don't like owho soup that much no matter how you prepare it. Even if you put tomi fish inside I will eat the fish and leave the owho for you.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by shantti(m): 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
repogirl:
Nkuobi

and nkuada
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Danmaiduguri(m): 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
mariahAngel:
Food is a major unifier.
Nothing brings people together better than food.
The aim of this thread is to encourage unity in our diversity, especially on this forum where there's tribalism and hate.

So, without further ado, what Nigerian food from another tribe do you enjoy very much?
You don't have to state your tribe, but the food must be from a different tribe (apart from yours)

For me, I really like ojojo, dodo ikire, kilishi. ( These are the ones I can think of for now)

Egusi soup

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by FavouredNK: 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
Fisherman soup
Afang
Eforiro
Kilishi

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Silentgroper(m): 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ogbonno with stock fish and eba ibo.. Still looking forward to trying out abacha.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 19, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Ewa goin
All other Afonja foods are poisonous.
Local man spotted, ewa agoin is togolese or benin republic food btw.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bahamas95(m): 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2022
simplepee:
Oh God. You sabi bros
Lol, it's like you don eat am before.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by blingxx(m): 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
Efo riro
Oha soup
Banga soup

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bahamas95(m): 7:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
marvellous2222:
this food want look like sacrifice
The taste is the difference, the difference is the taste. tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by blingxx(m): 7:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
Drrnie:
Na ewa agoyin(mixed with round fish) and fresh agege bread smiley

With very chilled Pepsi to balance the equation grin

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by indigenous234(f): 7:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
Una no dey eat tuwo shinkapa?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Osariemen12: 7:49pm On Dec 19, 2022
All southern Nigerian soup except Yorubas.

Yoruba has no kitchen value; the people lack taste.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by airsaylongcome: 7:49pm On Dec 19, 2022
Omoluabi16:
Starch and banga/owho soup. It is peculiar to the Niger-delta people.

It’s ogwo not owho. Specifically Urhobos

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by seunayantokun(m): 7:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
mariahAngel:
Food is a major unifier.
Nothing brings people together better than food.
The aim of this thread is to encourage unity in our diversity, especially on this forum where there's tribalism and hate.

So, without further ado, what Nigerian food from another tribe do you enjoy very much?
You don't have to state your tribe, but the food must be from a different tribe (apart from yours)

For me, I really like ojojo, dodo ikire, kilishi. ( These are the ones I can think of for now)

Please and please, drop the use of TRIBE for ethnicities in Nigeria. You may use it for uncivilised people groups still living in the jungle but certainly not for people's who had by all global standards constituted lovely human societies before the advent of the colonisers who fused them together. Haven't you noticed there is no tribe in the UK, France, Germany, US, UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc? Even when some peoples can be called tribes in some of those places. But people in this country are refusing to go away from being tribal. Why?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by airsaylongcome: 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
Osariemen12:
All southern Nigerian soup except Yorubas.

Yoruba has no kitchen value; the people lack taste.

Have you eaten efo-riro?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Emilia154(f): 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
I fit bite ur hand because of ewedu and amala.very delicious and ogbono with semovita all must be served hot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by CaptainAyub: 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
Dreadlock69:
Amala ati ewedu
Amala ati efo riro
Roundabout , shaki

Afang soup with fufu
Edikiong soup with fufu

Proudly my mum cooks all and she's ibo so i enjoy yoruba and different kinds of soup cooked by her chaiii my papa go market well.
Sadly I can’t see a girl that can cook like her
Your mum is Igbo not Ibo.
You of all ppl should know d difference.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bintdawood:

You know anoda man food is another man poison grin
Me i like it o
I think it's the way it was made. It didn't help that I was recovering from sickness then

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Noodle Lovers - Bad Way Of Cooking Noodles! / Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.