Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (96580 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tonyace25:
I thought it will be charged with the account is activated with. Because these people will add their account on the app while setting it up
Simply cancel the subscription of the both Starlinks and do a transfer to them. They will need to create their own Starlink account and add the kit information at the point of creating the Starlink account.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ugreat(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
BadMaster:

I had to return the first two Starlink kits I got. I initially thought they were faulty, not knowing that outages were normal, except when they are very frequent and long. However, your outages data might tell us a lot about what's going on with your kit, especially the 2s+ and the 5s+ outages.

Where is this outages seen?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2023
ugreat:

Where is this outages seen?
Go to Statistics. It should be at the top right

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ugreat(m): 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
BadMaster:

Go to Statistics. It should be at the top right
Thanks

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Tonyace25: 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2023
BadMaster:

Simply cancel the subscription of the both Starlinks and do a transfer to them. They will need to create their own Starlink account and add the kit information at the point of creating the Starlink account.
cancel subscription means "cancel service" on starlink site right?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tonyace25:
cancel subscription means "cancel service" on starlink site right?
Exactly
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Tonyace25: 8:14pm On Oct 31, 2023
BadMaster:

Exactly
Thanks, done but does this mean I have to cancel again at November 8th 2023?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tonyace25:
Thanks, done but does this mean I have to cancel again at November 8th 2023?
No, it means that their service will continue to work until that day. That is the day the next payment statement is supposed to be generated.

Since you have two Starlink in your account, you will need to cancel both
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Tonyace25: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
BadMaster:

No, it means that their service will continue to work until that day. That is the day the next payment statement is supposed to be generated.

Since you have two Starlink in your account, you will need to cancel both
I did both already

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IllRatherNotSay: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2023
Starlink has never been good for me. This is the speed test done few minutes ago. Device connected on 5GHZ band.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2023
IllRatherNotSay:
Starlink has never been good for me. This is the speed test done few minutes ago. Device connected on 5GHZ channel.
Try Speedtest.net app or its site.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2023
BadMaster:

Or raise a ticket to complain
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IllRatherNotSay: 6:01pm On Nov 01, 2023
BadMaster:

Here we go.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IllRatherNotSay: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2023
georgee:

Or raise a ticket to complain
Got a generic answer.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2023
IllRatherNotSay:

Here we go.
Something is very wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2023
ask4bk:

Starlink router is quite poor. Now I only use it just to power the dish, shikena.

Using the LAN adapter I used a cheap N40k Wi-Fi 5 router, and I get 300 Mbps regularly, and the router emits readable 5 GHz always unlike starlink router that only gives you 2.4ghz mostly and the 5ghz appears only little times except you've a device that can read the 5ghz frequency which most phones/pcs can't read. The cheap router's range goes far further than starlink router can reach. Imagine what a costlier WiFi 6 router will do.

Guess what, i live for bush for Niger state just bear border with Benin Republic.
What do you mean by you now only used the Starlink router to power the dish, can't other router power it?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IllRatherNotSay: 2:45am On Nov 02, 2023
HIbreed:
What do you mean by you now only used the Starlink router to power the dish, can't other router power it?

Starlink cable to the dishy has a proprietary USB-C connector that gets power from the Starlink router.
So, unless you have a customised way of getting power and data through it into your router, it won't work.
Bear in mind that the app only works with the Starlink router as well.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IllRatherNotSay: 2:57am On Nov 02, 2023
BadMaster:

Something is very wrong somewhere.

We may soon find out that speed may depend on your location even though it is not on paper. I have seen some other people complaining about the same thing.
I currently have Starlink installed in two separate locations, both are not getting anything close to 50Mbps.
Support is also lacking.
Another test conducted right in front of the router few minutes ago.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by otis54(m): 5:53am On Nov 02, 2023
My Starlink got delivered 2days ago but I was only able to install it yesterday. After instillation on my roof, I split the 2.4GHz/5GHz but I was only seeing the 2.4GHz on all devices I tried connecting yesterday including my iPhone 12 Pro Max. When I woke up this morning, I tried again and to my surprise I saw both the 2.4GHz/5GHz connection and I connected to it immediately. It’s more faster than the 2.4ghz.
Pic 1. Speed on 2.4GHz
Pic 2,3,4. Speed on 5GHz
Location surulere

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by otis54(m): 5:57am On Nov 02, 2023
No obstructions

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 7:45am On Nov 02, 2023
This is very weird. And you don’t have obstruction. I still think there is something that will explain why (maybe I am clutching for straws)
When you say 2 locations. Do you mean 2 separate Starlink devices.
Can you screenshot some of you debug data, particularly your cable drop rate.
I also think reopening tickets and complaining thill you get a non generic message.
I had the same issue, they tried to dismiss me in the first message, suggested I move the dish in the second message, sent a replacement part in the 3rd.
IllRatherNotSay:

We may soon find out that speed may depend on your location even though it is not on paper. I have seen some other people complaining about the same thing.
I currently have Starlink installed in two separate locations, both are not getting anything close to 50Mbps.
Support is also lacking.
Another test conducted right in front of the router few minutes ago.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 9:02am On Nov 02, 2023
IllRatherNotSay:

Starlink cable to the dishy has a proprietary USB-C connector that gets power from the Starlink router.
So, unless you have a customised way of getting power and data through it into your router, it won't work.
Bear in mind that the app only works with the Starlink router as well.
Now I understand. How then did you integrate a foreign router to it to get around 300mps
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IllRatherNotSay: 9:07am On Nov 02, 2023
Yes, I mean two separate starlink devices.
Debug data attached.
Which of the parts did you replace?

Ayomipoe:
This is very weird. And you don’t have obstruction. I still think there is something that will explain why (maybe I am clutching for straws)
When you say 2 locations. Do you mean 2 separate Starlink devices.
Can you screenshot some of you debug data, particularly your cable drop rate.
I also think reopening tickets and complaining thill you get a non generic message.
I had the same issue, they tried to dismiss me in the first message, suggested I move the dish in the second message, sent a replacement part in the 3rd.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 9:16am On Nov 02, 2023
Router is on the way for me. However, my issue was not this bad.
Since you say two separate devices, then I’ll have to concede that maybe you are right, that it is the location.
Can you share your advanced speed test ? I am tempted to ask for location, but that might be a privacy concern.
IllRatherNotSay:
Yes, I mean two separate starlink devices.
Debug data attached.
Which of the parts did you replace?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IllRatherNotSay: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2023
I think you are quoting the wrong person.
That said, you can integrate a separate router by using the Starlink Ethernet Adapter and enabling bypass mode on the Starlink app.
The speed you'll get is dependent on the band you are connected to: 2.4GHz, 5GHz or 6GHz.
However, your maximum speed will be limited by what Starlink dishy/constellation satellites can provide at any point in time.

HIbreed:
Now I understand. How then did you integrate a foreign router to it to get around 300mps

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 9:34am On Nov 02, 2023
IllRatherNotSay:
I think you are quoting the wrong person.
That said, you can integrate a separate router by using the Starlink Ethernet Adapter and enabling bypass mode on the Starlink app.
The speed you'll get is dependent on the band you are connected to: 2.4GHz, 5GHz or 6GHz.
However, your maximum speed will be limited by what Starlink dishy/constellation satellites can provide at any point in time.

Thanks, Sir.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by IllRatherNotSay: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2023
Here we go:

Ayomipoe:
Router is on the way for me. However, my issue was not this bad.
Since you say two separate devices, then I’ll have to concede that maybe you are right, that it is the location.
Can you share your advanced speed test ? I am tempted to ask for location, but that might be a privacy concern.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 11:11am On Nov 02, 2023
I concede. This one pass me o.
IllRatherNotSay:
Here we go:

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 4:16pm On Nov 02, 2023
HIbreed:
Only the starlink router can give it power via it's custom cable head.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2023
ask4bk:

Only the starlink router can give it power via it's custom cable head.
Alright, understood.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2023
Tonyace25:
Hi guys, I bought 2 starlink for my friends with my account, I hope I won't be charged for their monthly sub from my account.

Your account and card will pay the sub for all the starlinks connected to your account like that of this my guy paying twice every month.
He tells guy using the other starlink to pay monthly into his account and his card pays to starlink

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (51) (Reply)

If You Buy This N4.9million Solarin, God Will Not Forgive You (photo) / Free And Easy Way To Get Ur 2go Password And Username Back / Samsung Galaxy S4 To Launch In March

Viewing this topic: xyjoe(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.