Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (101117 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 5:17am On May 03
EzeMarvis:

Bro na fuvk up you fuvk up so oh.
Before you get your refund, this starlink discount go don over. The discount is ending today in Europe and on the 15th in Keyan. I don’t know which day our naija own ending.
While awaiting your refund, if you get extra money now, just order from jumia. Me I already ordered on jumia last weekend

And once the discount over on starlink website, jumia will immediately update their price too. Our naija gadget vendors go carry their own price go over a million plus. Na you go con dey at lost

If you ordered last weekend that means you have received it then… how is it?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 5:18am On May 03
ibawon:

Baba find person to borrow from ASAP

I need this thing pass food right now o
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 5:19am On May 03
606thearena:
Good morning guys , pls I have plans to get solar for my home . I talked about it before here someone said 1 million naira . I have a friend that just installed one at the price of 1.1 million naira . Like two days ago I will post pictures of his set up . It’s came with six panels . It carries tv fan and all the bulbs in his apartment plus tv and music fan but it does not carry ac or ta student size cordage and it’s just one battery . . I was thinking if I can buy them myself it willl be cheaper so as to save cost as i understand it is all plug and play and easy to set up . Pls any one with reliable info pls help me or suggest for me . This nepa matter don tire me reach neck .

Na wetin I dey fine be this.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:03am On May 03
network wahala, jumia wahala. Over a million trapped.
I think I need a drink

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by udatso: 3:40pm On May 03
ibietela2:
network wahala, jumia wahala. Over a million trapped.
I think I need a drink
Pele oo
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by EzeMarvis(m): 4:48pm On May 03
ibietela2:

If you ordered last weekend that means you have received it then… how is it?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:33pm On May 03
udatso:

Pele oo

Thanks, it has been sorted

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:34pm On May 03
[quote author=EzeMarvis post=129767255][/quote]

You did not say anything o
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Nonso92(m): 11:59pm On May 03
I got my starlink from Konga yesterday, I wanted to order online, but when I saw that I could pickup from their retail store, I just called the phone listed at the pickup center in computer village and the guy said I could walk in,make payment and pickup my device instantly. Which was what I did.

I'm yet to activate, because of card issues I'll try to see if I can get a new GTB MasterCard to activate it on Monday, since someone said it worked, although I've tried my GTb and kuda, it keeps failing.

Meanwhile, here's what I've noticed, for environment like Ikeja, surulere lekki, etc.. I don't think the Residential service plan is available again for now, while I was trying to activate for my location, Roam service plan was the only plan available to me at 49k/Mo, although I was looking forward to getting the residential plan.

I guess Starlink has figured that people on the mainland have bought these devices in bulk, activate them for Residential Service plan and then resell at a higher price.

Except you're in those remote locations like badagry and co, if you're activating a new device in Lagos mainland and environ, you may only have access to the roam plan.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by xyjoe(m): 5:10pm On May 04
Nonso92:
I got my starlink from Konga yesterday, I wanted to order online, but when I saw that I could pickup from their retail store, I just called the phone listed at the pickup center in computer village and the guy said I could walk in,make payment and pickup my device instantly. Which was what I did.

I'm yet to activate, because of card issues I'll try to see if I can get a new GTB MasterCard to activate it on Monday, since someone said it worked, although I've tried my GTb and kuda, it keeps failing.

Meanwhile, here's what I've noticed, for environment like Ikeja, surulere lekki, etc.. I don't think the Residential service plan is available again for now, while I was trying to activate for my location, Roam service plan was the only plan available to me at 49k/Mo, although I was looking forward to getting the residential plan.

I guess Starlink has figured that people on the mainland have bought these devices in bulk, activate them for Residential Service plan and then resell at a higher price.

Except you're in those remote locations like badagry and co, if you're activating a new device in Lagos mainland and environ, you may only have access to the roam plan.

Keep trying with the gtb card and ensure that the NIN corresponds with the card you are using.

I am concerned about that roam plan because I learnt the speed is very low. Can anybody confirm the speed experience on the roam plan please.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 12:53am On May 05
xyjoe:

I am concerned about that roam plan[b] because I learnt the speed is very low.[/b] Can anybody confirm the speed experience on the roam plan please.

where did you learn that from?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:07pm On May 05
Jumia is still yet to ship since Friday, and it was express o.. i was charged 1k+ for shipping
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:10pm On May 05
Nonso92:

Make sure your name is the way it is on the card... Konga was even offering same day delivery in PH, I ignored and went with Jumia yet to ship since Friday morning
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by tronixinc: 7:45am On May 06
For charging a single 220AH tubular battery, experience tells me you'll need a good 30/45A MPPT charge controller (Felicity, PowMr), 800w mono panels, an inverter you can afford (modified or pure sine wave, transformer based or transformerless), DC breakers.

Those are what i consider the most important parts.

606thearena:
Good morning guys , pls I have plans to get solar for my home . I talked about it before here someone said 1 million naira . I have a friend that just installed one at the price of 1.1 million naira . Like two days ago I will post pictures of his set up . It’s came with six panels . It carries tv fan and all the bulbs in his apartment plus tv and music fan but it does not carry ac or ta student size cordage and it’s just one battery . . I was thinking if I can buy them myself it willl be cheaper so as to save cost as i understand it is all plug and play and easy to set up . Pls any one with reliable info pls help me or suggest for me . This nepa matter don tire me reach neck .
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RoddyStan: 9:37am On May 06
tronixinc:
For charging a single 220AH tubular battery, experience tells me you'll need a good 30/45A MPPT charge controller (Felicity, PowMr), 800w mono panels, an inverter you can afford (modified or pure sine wave, transformer based or transformerless), DC breakers.

Those are what i consider the most important parts.

Generator doesn't work for starlink?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Nonso92(m): 3:36pm On May 06
Hello, has anyone tried making payment to Starlink recently, I keep getting card errors. If there's any card you've used and was successful, please share so I can try. Thanks

I finally made the payment using my chipper cash debit card.

Also, after my account had been activated, I requested to be moved from Roam to Residential.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by oliverwrites: 4:09pm On May 06
QuoteJust1nce:

where did you learn that from?
Please how does the roam plan work?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 6:31pm On May 06
oliverwrites:
Please how does the roam plan work?

11k more expensive.
Can move it around, locally even globally (see terms and conditions) unike residential (fixed)
Same speed as residential 90% of the time; other 10% slightly lower speeds (only mostly during peak hours)
Everything else remains the same
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by cokegee: 9:26pm On May 06
Hello people just want to know.. I having very low speed I am get likrle 10mbs I dey Ikeja area just want to know if na only me dey see this speed
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by makjo900: 9:35pm On May 06
Package delivered few days ago but i haven't open it yet. Just updating the house about the delivery

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by cokegee: 9:40pm On May 06
Please house speed update in your area
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Nonso92(m): 10:36pm On May 06
cokegee:
Hello people just want to know.. I having very low speed I am get likrle 10mbs I dey Ikeja area just want to know if na only me dey see this speed

Experiencing the same thing around Ikeja too, I was uploading a file and it was like 150kb/s
My download speed test was less than 15mbps
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by oliverwrites: 6:01am On May 07
QuoteJust1nce:

11k more expensive.
Can move it around, locally even globally (see terms and conditions) unike residential (fixed)
Same speed as residential 90% of the time; other 10% slightly lower speeds (only mostly during peak hours)
Everything else remains the same
Does this means it comes with it own battery? And I have the residential one already, do I just need to upgrade or will need to buy it separately now? I don't mind either.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 6:05am On May 07
oliverwrites:
Does this means it comes with it own battery? And I have the residential one already, do I just need to upgrade or will need to buy it separately now? I don't mind either.

No starlink comes with a battery.
You can switch plans from within the account dashboard but be careful,
because there is the probability of not being able to go back to residential for now; depending on location.
Speak to customer support if you need more clarification.
Cheers.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by makjo900: 11:25am On May 07
How did those that ordered on jumia and konga or third party in general get their log in details ?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by cokegee: 11:54am On May 07
Nonso92:

Experiencing the same thing around Ikeja too, I was uploading a file and it was like 150kb/s
My download speed test was less than 15mbps

Alright thanks
It seems everyone here are forced on buying... Forgetting people are having bad Internet service.. I advice check for starlink new users at ur area to tell you their before buying.... It seems it does not affect old user
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by makjo900: 12:44pm On May 07
My box arrived with the dish, router and cable. Is that complete package it's supposed to come with?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 1:23pm On May 07
makjo900:
My box arrived with the dish, router and cable. Is that complete package it's supposed to come with?

It remains Elon's signature grin
When you ordered on the website, weren't you told what the order comes with?
It's even right there in the box; but you guys would not spend one second to read user manuals, instructions et al
but rush online to post. A simple search "what does the Starlink kit come with" would answer you.
Questions on forums are meant to be posted as the last resort when you cannot find answers.
besides 99% the questions posted have been answered over and over again.

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 2:29pm On May 07
QuoteJust1nce:

It's even right there in the box; but you guys would not spend one second to read user manuals, instructions et al
but rush online to post. A simple search "what does the Starlink kit come with" would answer you.
Questions on forums are meant to be posted as the last resort when you cannot find answers.
Barman.. Give this man 3 bottles of cold Heineken on my bill
I intentionally stopped responding to some enquiries here cos of its funny nature of the question undecided

Read instructions.. They won't read
Simple Google search.. They won't do

3 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by makjo900: 2:31pm On May 07
QuoteJust1nce:

I haven't even seen the package with my eyes, my wife unboxed it and had to update the thread hence my comments. Elon's signature would be nice tho grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by xyjoe(m): 2:42pm On May 07
makjo900:

I haven't even see the package with my eyes, my wife unboxed it and had to update the thread hence my comments. Elon's signature would be nice tho grin

Nice one on your maturity and sense of humor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 4:07pm On May 07
xyjoe:

Nice one on your maturity and sense of humor.

Common, nobody was bashing him. In fact, in some forums e.g SO, Reddit etc, the comment would get downvoted or even deleted if it was a duplicate or if it required self-effort to solve. And there's a big warning to "search before posting".
It can be quite cringe to answer the same questions over and over; for example, we've had to post numerous screenshots of speed test over. Someone else will still come and ask "please how fast is starlink i wanna buy"
All in all, chill dude he is. Merci

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (Reply)

Itel Mobile Unveils P51 – A Powerful Phone That Can Last 3 Days From 1 Charge / Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of The Cars His Wife And Himself Use / How Do I Register The You And Me Number On Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.