Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna (18122 Views)

This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger / Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly / FG Procures N646m Farming Equipments For Farmers In SouthEast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Elliotwaveforec: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2022
Ginger and garlic, my favourite antibiotics.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Lance008(m): 9:48am On Dec 20, 2022

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Johnrake69: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2022
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by LOVEGINO(m): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2022
IWAN NIGERIA LIMITED is a large scale farmer, dealer, and supplier of fresh and split and dried ginger in large quantity for export and industrial uses. our ginger is normally process and clean for international standards. we are located in Kaduna state. for enquiries call +2348035920349 or email: gson4naija@gmail.com
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by DONFRANSKID(m): 9:51am On Dec 20, 2022
Yusufisraelj:

Absolutely, provided you know what you're doing (understanding the value chain)
Yes

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Kaiser20: 9:53am On Dec 20, 2022
Aboguede:
Ginger ke. I think say na food sef grin
All you know naa food. No be work dey bring food? Abi you want to join online beggers.
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by yetmao: 9:55am On Dec 20, 2022
You need to find the contact information of the big dealers. They are also want to meet with you. But the middlemen are blocking the connection.

3 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Alusiizizi(m): 10:04am On Dec 20, 2022
Lassbati222:
I come from Kaduna State, southern Kaduna to be precise. A native of Ham chiefdom who are known to be the top Ginger producing communities and that is why Kaduna State top the five Ginger producing states in Nigeria, which includes Bauchi state, Benue State, Gombe State and Nasarawa.

Farming Ginger is not an easy job, due to the fact that everything is done manually. Starting from clearing the land, digging the soil, cutting the seed into smaller pieces, buying of cow dung and spreading on the land, farming (Which require some to be dropping the smaller pieces of the seed, while others will use hoe to cover the seeds), covering the farm land with leaves, weeding (which can be done two or three times before harvest time), fertilizer application (Applied twice or thrice), harvesting (Done by digging and picking each seed) slicing each and drying.
Note that during last farming season, a basin of Ginger seed was going for N12,000 which will only cover a very small portion. Also note that fertilizer which use to cost N8,000 but last farming season, the Local government offered subsidized fertilizer at @ N21,700

Despite this stress, the local dealers are regulating the prices at will, leaving poor farmers helpless.

From October 2021 to October 2022, a bag of Ginger was sold between N30,000 to N34,000 depending on how clean your Ginger is. A bag is usually 41kg. At least it was a little consolation to farmers.

From November local dealers started bringing down the price, knowing farmers have no option, since they have needs. From 30k to 28k, to 21k to 20k to 18k to 15k and now back 20k.

Whereas I have been following the wholesale price of Ginger online. Let's take the price of Ginger as at 17th December, 2022.
It was sold at $3.58 per kg. Each bag is 41kg, assuming $ is N700, it means it was going N102,746 and if we keep $ at N500, then it was going for N73,390 but as at that 17th December, local dealers were buying from famers @N18,000. HABA

HOW DO LOCAL DEALERS GET MONEY TO PURCHASE GINGER IN LARGE QUANTITY?
I only know few dealers who use their personal money to buy ginger, transport to the wholesale market and sell it.
But must of them have bigger dealers within and outside the country who supply them with money to purchase ginger, while trailers keep coming to pack them away to the person that gave out the money.
My issue here is, most times you here that the bigger dealers pay this local dealers between 45k-60k per 41kg bag(Depending on who is providing the money) then this local dealers will inturn exploit the farmers by buying between 18-25 0r 30k-34k as the case of oct last year to oct this year.
This is really unacceptable.

Please if there is anyone who have an idea on ginger market should help and anyone who have ideas on how we can get out of the grip of these local dealers should please help.

Front page please.

Why not be the farmer AND the dealer?
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by SIRTee15: 10:07am On Dec 20, 2022
Nigeria needs it's own b2b online platform. It will eliminate all these greedy middlemen.
Nigerian farmers also need to embrace new ways of doing business, which means getting the right information and embracing modern technology.
If jaja of opobo could sell his palm oil directly to traders in Liverpool in the 19th century by buying his own ship, I don't understand why Nigerian farmers can't organise themselves in 2022 and market directly to foreign buyers.
Even the so called middle men are mainly Lebanese and Indians. U rarely see Nigerians in that sector despite the huge opportunities and wealth in area. These foreigners cash away while Nigerians languish in penury.
Nigerian problem isn't poverty but poor education and lack of foresight.
I once asked a 500 level agric economics student in uniben to tell me about commodity market, her response was shocking- they've not been taught in school.
The above is why Nigerians can't develop the agricultural value chain while our farmers are stuck in poverty.

6 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Tk4all(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2022
Farmers are not getting much benefit from their suffering but there is a lot to be done inorder to stop this.

For instance, a 100kg bag of orange is going for 800-1k presently in benue state, how about yams?

I happened to make a deal about yams and i saw hell. To transport 50yams from benue to abuja is 15k, this is yams that can be bought for same 15k.

What i'm saying is, the government policies are anti-people. The non-governmental organisiations are not effective because of greed While the individuals are their own problem. Infact, each individual involved in the production and distribution chain is not honest. So we have a long way to go

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by bayplus: 10:22am On Dec 20, 2022
Your claim is partly true. The 3.58usd dollar you used is faulty.

There are so many layers involved in the business.

Before 2020, ginger was selling for as high as 50k per bag of 40kg. Many ginger farmers made good money

After Covid, the international price of most agricultural commodities crashed.

And since then it has been going up and down. Samething for sesame seeds, Hibiscus flower etc.

The prices usually react to law of demand and supply. From your presentation, it started as higher as N34,000 because many (including politicians) created artificial demands. Just to hoard their ill gotten money against the change of old currency.

When the politicians were done buying. The real buyer cannot afford the 34000 threshold anymore, when there are no buyers, the prices will naturally come down regardless of emotions.

Hibiscus flower and Sesame seeds too have gone down by 40%.

The international market this year is very cold to agro commodities all over the world. Not peculiar to nigeria.

Back to your analysis of the so called huge profit.

Most often, the quality we buy from you is not the quality required outside the country.

Sometimes you will need to buy 30tons from Kaduna and after proper cleaning, the real ginger will be 22tons.

8tons will comprises of mouldy, insect infested, or tiny parts. Sometimes pure wastes like stones, sticks, chicken or goat faeces and many other foreign matters delibaretely included to increase the weight will all account for the 8tons.

Now, we all know how much is diesel per litre. Usually you will move the goods to your warehouse mostly outside kaduna because of insecurity (depending on where your warehouse is located) the least i know is about N450,000 to N550,000 if it is kano or neighbouring states.

A truckload of ginger from any northern part be it Kaduna or Kano to the seaport starts from N1,000,000 and above.

Getting your goods to through the seaport is a different story. 4months after the farmers have collected their money, the exporters are still figuring out how to ship the ginger out. You pay many unofficial bribes running into millions.
Then you will pay the custom agents and port charges and most important thousands of dollars as freight to the shipping line.

The farmers sell to local dealers, who also sell to major dealers who now sells to the exporters, the exporters do the re-cleaning for the ginger to meet export standard befor he can sell to foreign buyers, unlike before the foreign buyers no longer trust nigerians, they insist they will pay only when the cargo arrive their country and the quality is satisfactory. Now 7months after buying, the exporter has not gotten back his investment much less profit. If per chance, there is any problem with the quality, he may lose everything because the buyer may decline payment and ask that the cargo be returned to the origin.

Now the foreign buyer sells to local but wholesale buyers in foreign country who then sell to the retail buyer or supermarket who sells at $3.58usd.

If you checked the different stages of the of differnt buyers adding their margins and several costs involved. You will realise the margin is not as huge as the writer wants us to believe. I can understand he is ignorance of the true sitiation.

Sometimes exporters lose serious money. Many i know have burnt their fingers in the business because of several challenges associated with doing business in nigeria including attacks by bandits.

Every business have their lows and highs. Those who cannot bear the heat are advised to leave the kitchen. No buyers who have genuine orders will deliberately refused to buy.

If the writer remove the emotion, he/she will realise it is purely business issue.

Right now, some of us bought the Ginger at 34000 and the price has crashed to 19000 now meanwhile somw foreign buyers too have direct contact with the farmers. Some indians and chinese are all over the markets buying at 19000/40kg. Those cargoes we bought earlier at 34000 are still in our warehouse, we have over 100tons of that, we have lost money already because we will compete with those who have bought at 15000 and are still buying now at 19000. How then can we make profit? Such is the risky nature of agro commodities.

I did this to enlighten others who may be in the writers shoes.

I come in piece

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by boldtruthalways: 10:25am On Dec 20, 2022
Johnrake69:
Our business practices are directly responsible for pool of 133 million Nigerians living in multi dimensional poverty.

This is were government comes in. Infact, the farmers are not supposed to have any business with dealers.

Government should offer them reasonable contracts to buy out whatever they produce. That's what happens in places like America and Europe. This helps the farmers to focus on productivity.

Absolutely correct. Government provides the good policies that drives rhe businesses but when you have a senseless Government, you suffer it. Why should a farmer bother himself on selling and export. His business is productivity and support with good policies from government makes him enjoy his labour. Vote Peter Obi of Labour Party in 2023 to enjoy life in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Kilamba612: 10:26am On Dec 20, 2022
Am into cultivating ginger big time in kachia, I did 6 hectares this season but because of the security issues I almost lost everything. The southern kaduna people are the major problem. they are never in sync with each other and the buyers from kano are leveraging on that to rip them off. If they agreed to together has someone have suggested, they'll make good money and live a better life.

6 Likes

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Kilamba612: 10:29am On Dec 20, 2022
bestman09:
sad
Seems like buying and selling ginger is a very lucrative business. @op, thanks for this business idea. I'm interested in joining the dealers.
Let me do more research on it, thank you

Yes oo and you can lose your money like africa magic movie.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by CodeTemplar: 10:53am On Dec 20, 2022
sonnie10:
See how you calculate it like the ginger would disappear and appear in foreign countries to be sold at #100k equivalent.

Air cargo alone is about $3 per kg. That means a 41kg bag would cost $123 just to transport outside.

If you go the sea freight route which takes for ever, you would still have to pay about $1 per kg. That is $41 for a bag just for shipping.
sonic you a trader you will fly ginger out of the country? Wonderment.
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Montaque(m): 10:55am On Dec 20, 2022
obedience4:
Nairaland has been kind of dull this week

Because they didn't post Tonto Dike's yansh? Nigerian youths who don't know what really matters in their country. This is the most vital update on the front page this morning, as it deals on production which we lack in every sector.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by vickydevoka(m): 10:56am On Dec 20, 2022
Mrsoft3:

The solution to your problem is simple. Let all ginger farmers in southern kaduna have one voice and form a union, dictate price for all and ensure everybody abide by it, proposed a central market this will give you people the power to control price but then again you people in southern kaduna are your own enemies.
Northerners no be Igbos for business
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by obedience4(m): 10:57am On Dec 20, 2022
Montaque:

Because they didn't post Tonto Dike's yansh? Nigerian youths who don't know what really matters in their country. This is the most vital update on the front page this morning, as it deals on production which we lack in every sector.

But but but but.....ass is life

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Montaque(m): 10:57am On Dec 20, 2022
boldtruthalways:

Absolutely correct. Government provides the good policies that drives rhe businesses but when you have a senseless Government, you suffer it. Why should a farmer bother himself on selling and export. His business is productivity and support with good policies from government makes him enjoy his labour. Vote Peter Obi of Labour Party in 2023 to enjoy life in Nigeria.

Government has little role to play here. The farmers in SK needs to form a union and price control committee. What do you expect Government to do in open market negotiation? You accept what you negotiate, thats economics for you

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by 247polybags(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2022
Let's do business. I reside in port Harcourt. You can contact me on gloxistarch@gmail.com.
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Desusi: 11:02am On Dec 20, 2022
[quote author=kilisi post=119291187]The problem with farming in Nigeria especially for subsistence farmers is that most of the gain goes to the middle men. I mean those who go into the interior villages to buy buy from farmers and sell to traders. They make double or even triple their investments for every purchase.
These middle men that buy this products from village to village by putting their lives in their hand,considering the insecurity problems, coupled with cost of transportation. Haba! put yourself in their position and experience my analogy.
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by CodeTemplar: 11:05am On Dec 20, 2022
SIRTee15:
Nigeria needs it's own b2b online platform. It will eliminate all these greedy middlemen.
Nigerian farmers also need to embrace new ways of doing business, which means getting the right information and embracing modern technology.
If jaja of opobo could sell his palm oil directly to traders in Liverpool in the 19th century by buying his own ship, I don't understand why Nigerian farmers can't organise themselves in 2022 and market directly to foreign buyers.
Even the so called middle men are mainly Lebanese and Indians. U rarely see Nigerians in that sector despite the huge opportunities and wealth in area. These foreigners cash away while Nigerians languish in penury.
Nigerian problem isn't poverty but poor education and lack of foresight.
I once asked a 500 level agric economics student in uniben to tell me about commodity market, her response was shocking- they've not been taught in school.
The above is why Nigerians can't develop the agricultural value chain while our farmers are stuck in poverty.

So true. Same cycle of middlemen unionizing to scheme cocoa farmers too was experienced. Most people don't know the significance of international prices. It helps you stay in sight of was is going on out there.
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by zigzagluv: 11:14am On Dec 20, 2022
Please can you tell us the problem... I like to hear about it
Kutunban:
Southern Kaduna Ginger farmers know their problem. Sadly, they don't have the capacity for Unity both business wise and politically.
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Wickedfacts: 11:17am On Dec 20, 2022
Teeroyzimma:
Bandits and Agberos have really taken over the country. Just 2 months ago 3 Agberos attempted to kidnap me in Lagos, they chased me in the dark alleyways of Ikeja but they didn’t know that I was usain bolt’s cousin, so they weren’t able to catch up. Unfortunately I lost my phone to the bastards.

All I can say is It will not be well with anybody that votes for Tinubu or APC, our country must be better by force. Peter Obi is the only one that can save our dear nation.

You are lucky it is Lagos Agberos who chased you.

Peter Obi is from Anambra. If Anambra agbero chased you, you would have been RIP by now.

Vote APC so you won't be hiding under the bed on Mondays like those in the state where Peter Obi ruled.
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by swagifted(m): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2022
As someone who have actually planted ginger in that kaduna South let me tell you the truth.... Until the whole process is modernised, na peanuts go be profit, stop drying ginger under sun.....dog will walk over it, chicken will walk over it, breeze will blow foreign objects into the ginger, why dem no go prize am low... I planted mine in jaba...after kwoi. Inside a village called bitaro, in my eyes Chinese men enter bike enter village to find ginger, so the demand is there... Na make people unify buy t gas powered food drying processor or any source of energy it uses, as far it is enclosed through out the process. It will be neater, and the value will be up...
Lassbati222:
I come from Kaduna State, southern Kaduna to be precise. A native of Ham chiefdom who are known to be the top Ginger producing communities and that is why Kaduna State top the five Ginger producing states in Nigeria, which includes Bauchi state, Benue State, Gombe State and Nasarawa.

Farming Ginger is not an easy job, due to the fact that everything is done manually. Starting from clearing the land, digging the soil, cutting the seed into smaller pieces, buying of cow dung and spreading on the land, farming (Which require some to be dropping the smaller pieces of the seed, while others will use hoe to cover the seeds), covering the farm land with leaves, weeding (which can be done two or three times before harvest time), fertilizer application (Applied twice or thrice), harvesting (Done by digging and picking each seed) slicing each and drying.
Note that during last farming season, a basin of Ginger seed was going for N12,000 which will only cover a very small portion. Also note that fertilizer which use to cost N8,000 but last farming season, the Local government offered subsidized fertilizer at @ N21,700

Despite this stress, the local dealers are regulating the prices at will, leaving poor farmers helpless.

From October 2021 to October 2022, a bag of Ginger was sold between N30,000 to N34,000 depending on how clean your Ginger is. A bag is usually 41kg. At least it was a little consolation to farmers.

From November local dealers started bringing down the price, knowing farmers have no option, since they have needs. From 30k to 28k, to 21k to 20k to 18k to 15k and now back 20k.

Whereas I have been following the wholesale price of Ginger online. Let's take the price of Ginger as at 17th December, 2022.
It was sold at $3.58 per kg. Each bag is 41kg, assuming $ is N700, it means it was going N102,746 and if we keep $ at N500, then it was going for N73,390 but as at that 17th December, local dealers were buying from famers @N18,000. HABA

I only know few dealers who use their personal money to buy ginger, transport to the wholesale market and sell it.
But must of them have bigger dealers within and outside the country who supply them with money to purchase ginger, while trailers keep coming to pack them away to the person that gave out the money.
My issue here is, most times you here that the bigger dealers pay this local dealers between 45k-60k per 41kg bag(Depending on who is providing the money) then this local dealers will inturn exploit the farmers by buying between 18-25 0r 30k-34k as the case of oct last year to oct this year.

Please if there is anyone who have an idea on ginger market should help and anyone who have ideas on how we can get out of the grip of these local dealers should please help.

Front page please.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Teetee777: 11:20am On Dec 20, 2022
There is nothing you can do about middlemen in agricultural products in Nigeria, even Mr president was against the middlemen but he can't do anything about it.

The only advice I can give the farmer in this aspect is to form an association to control the price among themselves but I doubt it, it can never happen because the middlemen are the one that controls the price to buy and sell.
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Godfullsam(m): 11:26am On Dec 20, 2022
bayplus:
Your claim is partly true. The 3.58usd dollar you used is faulty.

There are so many layers involved in the business.

Before 2020, ginger was selling for as high as 50k per bag of 40kg. Many ginger farmers made good money

After Covid, the international price of most agricultural commodities crashed.

And since then it has been going up and down. Samething for sesame seeds, Hibiscus flower etc.

The prices usually react to law of demand and supply. From your presentation, it started as higher as N34,000 because many (including politicians) created artificial demands. Just to hoard their ill gotten money against the change of old currency.

When the politicians were done buying. The real buyer cannot afford the 34000 threshold anymore, when there are no buyers, the prices will naturally come down regardless of emotions.

Hibiscus flower and Sesame seeds too have gone down by 40%.

The international market this year is very cold to agro commodities all over the world. Not peculiar to nigeria.

Back to your analysis of the so called huge profit.

Most often, the quality we buy from you is not the quality required outside the country.

Sometimes you will need to buy 30tons from Kaduna and after proper cleaning, the real ginger will be 22tons.

8tons will comprises of mouldy, insect infested, or tiny parts. Sometimes pure wastes like stones, sticks, chicken or goat faeces and many other foreign matters delibaretely included to increase the weight will all account for the 8tons.

Now, we all know how much is diesel per litre. Usually you will move the goods to your warehouse mostly outside kaduna because of insecurity (depending on where your warehouse is located) the least i know is about N450,000 to N550,000 if it is kano or neighbouring states.

A truckload of ginger from any northern part be it Kaduna or Kano to the seaport starts from N1,000,000 and above.

Getting your goods to through the seaport is a different story. 4months after the farmers have collected their money, the exporters are still figuring out how to ship the ginger out. You pay many unofficial bribes running into millions.
Then you will pay the custom agents and port charges and most important thousands of dollars as freight to the shipping line.

The farmers sell to local dealers, who also sell to major dealers who now sells to the exporters, the exporters do the re-cleaning for the ginger to meet export standard befor he can sell to foreign buyers, unlike before the foreign buyers no longer trust nigerians, they insist they will pay only when the cargo arrive their country and the quality is satisfactory. Now 7months after buying, the exporter has not gotten back his investment much less profit. If per chance, there is any problem with the quality, he may lose everything because the buyer may decline payment and ask that the cargo be returned to the origin.

Now the foreign buyer sells to local but wholesale buyers in foreign country who then sell to the retail buyer or supermarket who sells at $3.58usd.

If you checked the different stages of the of differnt buyers adding their margins and several costs involved. You will realise the margin is not as huge as the writer wants us to believe. I can understand he is ignorance of the true sitiation.

Sometimes exporters lose serious money. Many i know have burnt their fingers in the business because of several challenges associated with doing business in nigeria including attacks by bandits.

Every business have their lows and highs. Those who cannot bear the heat are advised to leave the kitchen. No buyers who have genuine orders will deliberately refused to buy.

If the writer remove the emotion, he/she will realise it is purely business issue.

Right now, some of us bought the Ginger at 34000 and the price has crashed to 19000 now meanwhile somw foreign buyers too have direct contact with the farmers. Some indians and chinese are all over the markets buying at 19000/40kg. Those cargoes we bought earlier at 34000 are still in our warehouse, we have over 100tons of that, we have lost money already because we will compete with those who have bought at 15000 and are still buying now at 19000. How then can we make profit? Such is the risky nature of agro commodities.

I did this to enlighten others who may be in the writers shoes.

I come in piece

You are absolutely right! May God bless you for this enlightenment.

I just spoke with someone from kaduna, a baju by tribe. He told me the price has crashed from around 30k last month to 20k as at last week Saturday.

He said the price may even crash further because farmers will want to sell so as to get money and buy things for exmas.

Where as, many dealers who bought at 30k and above are biting their fingers already.

I heard polithiefians invaded the ginger market with their stolen funds when the news of naira redesign broke out-leading the hike in price of ginger last month
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:37am On Dec 20, 2022
Johnrake69:
Our business practices are directly responsible for pool of 133 million Nigerians living in multi dimensional poverty.

This is were government comes in. Infact, the farmers are not supposed to have any business with dealers.

Government should offer them reasonable contracts to buy out whatever they produce. That's what happens in places like America and Europe. This helps the farmers to focus on productivity.

Government has no business doing business

You can be a mega dealer and right thier wrong
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Realists(m): 11:38am On Dec 20, 2022
Redman44:

Well said. Nigeria also needs its own wholesale b2b website like Alibaba or India Mart. Buyers in Europe, Asia, other parts of Africa etc can then buy directly from Nigerian farmers through this website.

This a double edge sword, once the farmers cutoff the middlemen, these cash crops prices will become too expensive for the local consumers buy, due to its direct export.
You remember the price garri sky rocketed when FG, during Obj dispensation started exporting Cassava to the world.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by akaahs(m): 11:40am On Dec 20, 2022
Lassbati222:

Front page please.
The problem of this heartwraking issue is coming, first from our traditional leaders who failed to organize local farmers to dictate the prices of ginger. Second, from our representatives at various government, they failed to bring the presence of government offices that can harness this ginger in a deport in Southern Kaduna where all ginger ll export to international markets.
As for me, by God grace I'm gonna register a company responsible for exporting this commodity to international markets.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Lassbati222(m): 11:40am On Dec 20, 2022
lassbaticornelius@gmail.com
Stanley4E:
How can we partner?
Re: The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna by Faithful4GOD: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2022
I heard of the plight of ginger farmers in southern kaduna last year. I even heard that some middle men pay in advance for the crops and then provide fertilizer. they end up making more gain. i pry you take the advice offered here seriously. forming a union can be very helpful. the middlemen would try to boycott or infiltrate your ranks but if you get through the initial phase of denial, then, you can make demands at your tempo. 2nd thing you can do is to put in the hard work into finding buyers yourself. do the networking involved. once you establish a new line of distribution, you can set the market price. third thing is to find someone who can build an app or website for buying ginger. set your prices, advertise it widely and God being gracious, you can find a foreign line of distribution. see this as a huge opportunity. take it up as a challenge. quit whinning. think through it and take some steps. dont be paralysed about taking action. take your steps and try. take up the challenge of eliminating middlemen or reducing their power in price determination and you will make more money. when you solve this problem, you get money for it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA / I Want To Start A Poultry After I Graduate / My New Cucumber Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.