Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,653 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: (11229 Views)

5 Truths You Should Tell Yourself Before Entering Into A New Relationship / Ambw Relationships/ What It Is Like To Enter Into An Inter-racial Relationship / Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2011
Hi there,
I too have just started a long distance relationship, very new to me! I want very much to make it work, I am Canadian (white/native), He is Nigerian (residing in Mexico), Not only are we dealing with the different culture but also an age gap, me being the older of the 2.

I have been totally honest with everything there is to tell about myself, including the fact that I have two small daughters I have adopted (age 5) one is African/ Vietnamese and the other White/Native, My family is very open to inter-racial relationships, and very accepting. My bf tells me his family and friends are supportive as well.

I am a stay at home mom who loves to cook and mind children, have cared for over 40 infants the past 15yrs who are victims of HIV, AIDS and drug and alcohol abuse,

Now I want to share my life with someone and care for them, and make happy memories together,

Any advice on making this relationship work is greatly appreciated, I have fallen in love with this sweet compassionate man! No nasty replies please, just want to do all I can to make it work!

Thank you Smiley
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2011
@OP: I am a proponent of Inter-racial relationships, but let me get something clear. Your "boyfriend" is someone you have never met in person, he claims to be 2 years younger than you, and is supposedly working in Mexico. If the above is correct, then have you ever thought of going to Mexico to visit him and verify that he is actually a human being? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
kistehsia:

Hi there,
I too have just started a long distance relationship, very new to me! I want very much to make it work, I am Canadian (white/native), He is Nigerian (residing in Mexico), Not only are we dealing with the different culture but also an age gap, me being the older of the 2.

I have been totally honest with everything there is to tell about myself, including the fact that I have two small daughters I have adopted (age 5) one is African/ Vietnamese and the other White/Native, My family is very open to inter-racial relationships, and very accepting. My bf tells me his family and friends are supportive as well.

I am a stay at home mom who loves to cook and mind children, have cared for over 40 infants the past 15yrs who are victims of HIV, AIDS and drug and alcohol abuse,

Now I want to share my life with someone and care for them, and make happy memories together,

Any advice on making this relationship work is greatly appreciated, I have fallen in love with this sweet compassionate man! No nasty replies please, just want to do all I can to make it work!

Thank you Smiley

-good food
-great sex
-affection.

good luck!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
LOL!

Yes he is real, we have talked plenty on the phone, and MSN via web cam, and yes I will be visiting in October, thank you for your concern!

kistehsia  wink
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
coogar:

-good food
-great sex
-affection.

good luck!
. . .and how can she provide these when they have never met?!

kistehsia:

LOL!

Yes he is real, we have talked plenty on the phone, and MSN via web cam, and yes I will be visiting in October, thank you for your concern!

kistehsia  wink
Meeting in person will clear all doubts, only then will you both confirm your feelings for each other.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
claremont:

. . .and how can she provide these when they have never met?!

she has to travel down to mexico asap!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2011
coogar:

she has to travel down to mexico asap!

Exactly! This is the way a long-distance relationship should evolve. The starting point of making it work is in the initial physical meeting.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2011
I said I was the" older of the 2".  That did not mean I was older by 2 years, it is by more then 2, it is by a fewwwww!  that being said, I don't need to be called names, we (he and I) are aware of this and it matters not to us.  I am here to learn all that I can to make him happy, feel loved, and comfortable in my country that I wish to soon be his!, We both have very supportive families and I want his transition to be as pleasant as possible,

Thank You,
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by pendo89(f): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2011
kistehsia:

Hi there,
I too have just started a long distance relationship,  very new to me!  I want very much to make it work, I am Canadian (white/native),  He is Nigerian (residing in Mexico),   Not only are we dealing with the different culture but also an age gap, me being the older of the 2.

I have been totally honest with everything there is to tell about myself, including the fact that I have two small daughters I have adopted (age 5) one is African/ Vietnamese and the other White/Native,  My family is very open to inter-racial relationships,  and very accepting.  My bf tells me his family and friends are supportive as well.  

I am a stay at home mom who loves to cook and mind children,  have cared for over 40 infants the past 15yrs who are victims of HIV, AIDS and drug and alcohol abuse,

Any advice on making this relationship work is greatly appreciated, I have fallen in love with this sweet compassionate man!  No nasty replies please, just want to do all I can to make it work!

Thank you  Smiley

May God bless you and increase your days on earth.That is very touching.
I only got one fear.Hooking up with somebody that doesnt have/share your kind of heart.

These online talk is fun but I don't think its safe pouring all your emotions into it till you meet the person.
People are not all that they seem to be online,so meet them in person b4 u get your heart broken and your dreams wasted by some dude.

1 Like

Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
Yes, meeting him is the beginning of it all, and it is going to happen.  I look forward to the visit with each day, as does he, but in the mean time we have plenty to talk about and will not feel like total strangers when we do meet in person, a pleasant way to start the relationship.

kistehsia.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2011
pendo89:

May God bless you and increase your days on earth.That is very touching.
I only got one fear.Hooking up with somebody that doesnt have/share your kind of heart.

These online talk is fun but I don't think its safe pouring all your emotions into it till you meet the person.
People are not all that they seem to be online,so meet them in person b4 u get your heart broken and your dreams wasted by some dude.

pendo, is that you?
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by pendo89(f): 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2011
Yes am Pendo.

coogar:

pendo, is that you?
kistehsia:

Yes, meeting him is the beginning of it all,  and it is going to happen.  I look forward to the visit with each day,  as does he, but in the mean time we have plenty to talk about and will not feel like total strangers when we do meet in person,  a pleasant way to start the relationship.

kistehsia.

May I ask Kistehsia who between you too is more eager to meet the other?
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2011
pendo89:

Yes am Pendo.

i know it's pendo.
won't you come over so we can meet too?
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
kistehsia:

Yes, meeting him is the beginning of it all,  and it is going to happen.  I look forward to the visit with each day,  as does he, but in the mean time we have plenty to talk about and will not feel like total strangers when we do meet in person,  a pleasant way to start the relationship.
kistehsia.
The difference between you and loads of other people is that you already have a sound plan to meet this guy in person, and this meeting will definitely help to improve the relationship. Most people just prefer to be in an ONline relationship for their own selfish and deceptive reasons. So good luck with it, you sound very genuine and honest.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 8:05pm On Aug 31, 2011
It is mutual, seems to be an equal amount of interest, not one sided! @ pendo  May I ask why you asked this question?  He faithfully phones the same time everyday, faithfully talks via web cam the same time every evening as we are only an hours difference in time, and we say our good nights till the next day.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ claremont

Thank You for the Well Wishing, greatly appreciated.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2011
May I say, I take any relationship seriously, have not been in many, was married for 20 years, am a loyal, honest loving person, I want to make this work and realize that we are of different cultures so this is what brought me here! I want to learn, to do all that I can to make it right, If I start learning now then to me this is commitment that I make to the relationship.

Thank You
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by pendo89(f): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
kistehsia:

It is mutual,  seems to be an equal amount of interest,  not one sided! @ pendo  May I ask why you asked this question?  He faithfully phones the same time everyday, faithfully talks via web cam the same time every evening as we are only an hours difference in time,  and we say our good nights till the next day.

I am just overwhelmed by your kind of heart. It was just personal question.Right now all am thinking about is those 40 infants and the drug addicts you helped and the lives you transformed.Now am here hoping that the guy will share that kind of heart.Be kind,patient and understanding.
He seems like a nice kind o guy.with the constant calls,webcam etc. Those are good the next step is better and safe.

I pray that it works out since you are planning on meeting him.Am sure you know what you want which is good.

Cheers.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
Thank You Pendo for the kind words, and your concern for my heart is touching, I am very sure of what I want, and go into this with eyes wide open, He shares the same concerns I do for helping the less fortunate, which puts us on common ground right there, and the rest just gets better.

Thank you
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by pendo89(f): 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
coogar:

i know it's pendo.
won't you come over so we can meet too?

No thanks I aint going nowhere.There are many fishes around you. Just open your eyes and fish well.Who knows,I could be a thief!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2011
pendo89:

No thanks I aint going nowhere.There are many fishes around you. Just open your eyes and fish well.Who knows,I could be a thief!

claremont told me the same thing which means you are not lying.
guess what? i am attracted to female thieves. cheesy grin
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
coogar:

claremont told me the same thing which means you are not lying.
guess what? i am attracted to female thieves. cheesy grin
You and Pendo89 should get your own room, and don't derail this thread. This thread is about Inter-racial long-distance relationships, which I don't believe you guys know anything about!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by coogar: 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
claremont:

You and Pendo89 should get your own room, and don't derail this thread. This thread is about Inter-racial long-distance relationships, which I don't believe you guys know anything about!

shut up, you gook!

i am caucasian, pendo is black
i am in enugu, pendo is in brazil

is that clear enough?
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
coogar:

shut up, you gook!

i am caucasian, pendo is black
i am in enugu, pendo is in brazil

is that clear enough?

Of course you are, and then David Cameron is my cousin!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by pendo89(f): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
claremont:

Of course you are, and then David Cameron is my cousin!
And what d u call that? not derailing of course

please guys lets respect thread.

Its not about pendo.
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ Pendo

Amen! LOL
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
pendo89:

And what d u call that? not derailing of course

please guys lets respect thread.

Its not about pendo.
angry angry angry
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by pendo89(f): 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
sulphur

kistehsia.I would like to hear a good ending to this.

My hearthrob could be in a place called 'agege' you know. pliz dont ask me where that is cz i gt know clue

And I wouldnt like distance to be a hindrance. grin
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
ok. did u say. . .
nigerian man in mexico? nigerian. . .

*mz.d has a chima moment and leaves before further commenting)
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2011
Yes! Nigerian in Mexico, moved there several months ago with close friend of 9 years, is an Engineer and works in Mexico!

kistehsia,
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by kistehsia(f): 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
Originally from Akwa-Ibom!
Re: New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: by claremont(m): 9:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
@OP: You may receive some negative stories about Nigerian men from some wicked posters on here, but just ignore those ones. Nigerian men are one of the best in the world in terms of taking care of our ladies.  Don't listen to haters!!!
BTW, you do look cute on your profile picture for a 47 year old lady. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Which Is Yours?{Graphic Pics} / No Finance, No Romance! / Can You Kiss Someone You Don't Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.