Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments (47150 Views)

Lagos Airport Staff Protest Salary Non-Payment, Seize Passengers' Luggage / Ghanaian Airport Staff Caught After Stealing From Travelers (Video) / Nigeria's Airport Revolution In Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:
How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments (Photo)

A Nigerian man who just returned to the country after four years of being away has taken to Twitter to lament after airport officials allegedly destroyed his traveling bag and stole his belongings, IGBERETV reports.

The man identified as Rashid said the airport officials destroyed his bag and carted away some of his personal belongings like perfumes, bags, and others.

https://twitter.com/Rashiid9/status/1605233361525825536?t=G9NdOgMdkb-bs2tF9Vad7g&s=19
Just 4 years? Him nor know how the country be, before him travel? Him loose guard for them. Welcome back to criminal den.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by placeofallure(f): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
Bantu10:
I can bet tinubu wrinkled balls that those airport staff who did this are APC and tinubu supporters.

They re always known for evil and wickedness

Don't link everything to Tinubu. Be sensible. This thing that happened is a national disgrace, stop playing your cheap politics with it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by AreaFada2: 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
Robisky001:
Nigerian politicians are a true reflection of the masses.
Gbam! Parents, siblings, kids, wives, religious mentors, neighbours, nieces and nephews of politicians are not alien or Martian people. They are us. Politicians are just like us.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Venom11(m): 9:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
Jennyclay:
Nigerians are thieves. An average Nigerian is naturally wicked and criminal minded with a get rich quick syndrome by any means, even if it takes them to steal and kill.
One average Nigerian youth sighted.. Lmao
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by CodeTemplar: 9:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
Jennyclay:
Nigerians are thieves. An average Nigerian is naturally wicked and criminal minded with a get rich quick syndrome by any means, even if it takes them to steal and kill.
black man is more likely to partner for evil than for good. How many business partners do you see in Africa making waves? But evil partnership is so rampant, it is in almost all family. Same with work places.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by kansoboy: 9:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
Jennyclay:

Oga add + witchcraft to that list

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Pickmycall: 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
There was a guy I knew that works in the Lagos airport.During the covid19,his employer shared seized food items they confiscated from travellers to the staff.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Chiefwandungu(m): 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
Echolac hard cases are the key, not that 400 Euro soft case.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by FuckOsuPigs: 9:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
Bantu10:
I can bet tinubu wrinkled balls that those airport staff who did this are APC and tinubu supporters.

Mechie onu gi!

This is how their heads look like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Jakumo(m): 9:15pm On Dec 21, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:
How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments (Photo)

A Nigerian man who just returned to the country after four years of being away has taken to Twitter to lament after airport officials allegedly destroyed his traveling bag and stole his belongings, IGBERETV reports.

The man identified as Rashid said the airport officials destroyed his bag and carted away some of his personal belongings like perfumes, bags, and others.

https://twitter.com/Rashiid9/status/1605233361525825536?t=G9NdOgMdkb-bs2tF9Vad7g&s=19

Haha, I stopped reading at the mention that this girly boy was upset that his frigging PERFUME of all things, got stolen.

Oh well, so much for that 400 Euro haha. On a serious note perhaps Papa God was furious that somebody who might consider himself a man would be wearing perfume like a little fairy girly boy.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by mock24: 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
Welcome home boy.

It's someone that knew they were valuables inside. I am sure other people's bags were not affected.
https://mock24.com/ grin shocked
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by rickleye: 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2022
STOP PRESS !!
I know someone who had been away for 15 years and just returned this year. His bag was supposedly tampered with ( It had arrived in an earlier flight ). The plastic wrap was removed -however on closer inspection, there was a note from the American law enforcement that they had opened it, checked it and removed NOTHING.

I am saying this to say, It isnt the norm.

That said - YOUR BAG isn't worth 400 Euros. Maximum 60 euros. If you purchased a bag for 400 euros - you have been taken to the cleaners.
A set isnt worth 400 Euros so lets stop with the lies.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by pinkasso: 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
You can't carry perfumes in your hand luggage,..nah this one be the new style nah?, ..nah so them bugle korah bag too ..thieves,call them what they are
Eriokanmi:
Always put your valuables and sensitive materials inside your carry-on luggage anytime you're coming home to avoid stories that touch the heart.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Litmus: 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Delhi airport wears baggage theft crown

Sources said bag lifters are tipped off about an expensive baggage while they are being scanned. After the baggage come out of the scanners, the housekeeping staffs pass on the information to ground handlers. The ground handlers, in turn, identify the luggage and inform the loaders or baggage handlers.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by okechuks22: 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
The useless people in charge don't know that there is a need for CCTV camera in airport

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Handsum64: 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibechris:
He was lucky they didn't put cocaine in his back.

Abi his front?
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by bekpo(m): 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Jennyclay:

U r also a Nigerian, u r also a thief!
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Zico777(m): 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibechris:

grin
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by zoomman(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
Jennyclay:

Speak for yourself. Not everyone has such traits. God bless Nigerians.....The Land is Green.

4 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by tunwumi: 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Bantu10:

Easy guy, before the spirit of BAT Begins to chase you in your dreams.

I'm sure Tinubu is responsible for your generational hereditary of poverty. grin grin
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by foolbuster: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
Jennyclay:

You are very stupid.
That you and your thieving family are wicked and criminal minded doesn't mean its same for all nigerians

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Sholuwa241: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibechris:

very sensible advice to every one traveling because I have once had that almost happen to me

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Litmus: 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2022
An airport called Tambo International Airport is reputedly the worst airport in the world for baggage theft.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Linkhopp01: 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2022
Na Ipob full there cheesy
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2022
YorubaMod:
Welcome to the Zoo grin,
This is where the righteous perish on the streets, while some crooked criminals get recruited into public offices just because of connections.. angry

You're very lucky you didn't lose the whole luggage, Kpele grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by ike007(m): 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2022
Jennyclay:

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Princebest(m): 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2022
Caveatemptor:
Always nylon wrap your bags before travelling out or returning to Nigeria. It costs between 2,000 Naira to 5000 Naira.
When your zipper on your bag is completely exposed they only need a bic pen to breach your bag. Nylon wrapping scares the criminals away because it will take them time to cut through the nylon and time is something they don't have.

Baba, check again sir. The bag has nylon wrapped around it. When a thief want to steal from you, they will no respect anything. God help us in naija.

4 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Reference(m): 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
sweetTai:
STOP BASHING NIGERIA ENDLESSLY. Bags are stolen all over the airports here in America or Europe. Sorry this happened, but stop washing our dirty laundry in front of the world!

Really, so what is the better way out.... to keep silent while crime thrives.....or to send private warning messages amongst ourselves.... in order to 'protect Nigeria's image'.....

And what makes you think citizens of other nations do not complain about problems they have.... after all how did you know these things happened there as well....

Funny man.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Litmus: 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
On this South Africa's Tampo International Airport, report states:

Airports Company of South Africa (ACSA) spokeswoman Unathi Batyashe-Fillis said in response to the survey's alarming findings that the number of luggage items pilfered at present was much lower than the average number of 150 three years ago.

The survey also indicated that travellers were upset about the high parking fees at South Africa's airports, with 72% of South Africans surveyed saying the parking fees irked them more than careless handling of luggage, unclear PA system announcements, lack of Wi-Fi services and surly check-in staff.

However, Batyashe-Fillis said the parking rates at South Africa's airports were lower than those of airports in other countries.

In addition, ACSA offered safe "state-of-the-art parking areas ... with no car theft or attacks having been recorded at any of our airports for many years". - Nivashni Nair
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by ugbanante: 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
Please Sir, before reported this incident on NL, did you make and formal complain at the FAAN office there?
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by dnawah(m): 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:

go to the nearest supermarket,u will see and buy it back. grin grin grin
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by OmoNla99: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
Jakumo:

Haha, I stopped reading at the mention that this girly boy was upset that his frigging PERFUME of all things, got stolen.

Oh well, so much for that 400 Euro haha. On a serious note perhaps Papa God was furious that somebody who might consider himself a man would be wearing perfume like a little fairy girly boy.
Here in Nigeria WE call perfume/cologne PERFUME so don’t judge him. A lot of us don’t know the difference between perfume(woman) and cologne(man). He passed a message with how his belongings were stolen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? / Hyena And Magnificent Antelope Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi. Photos / The First Plane Crash In Nigeria At Igbo Ilapa Hill In Ikogosi, Ekiti In 1942

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.