Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,041 members, 7,828,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments (47146 Views)

Lagos Airport Staff Protest Salary Non-Payment, Seize Passengers' Luggage / Ghanaian Airport Staff Caught After Stealing From Travelers (Video) / Nigeria's Airport Revolution In Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Doyou2019: 3:24am On Dec 22, 2022
ibkayee:
Lagos airport is the scariest place on earth to me, every second someone's trying to beg and/or extort you for a service they get paid for

'Anything for me?' echoing everywhere you turn

'Show love' I believe is their new begbeg lingua

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Doyou2019: 3:27am On Dec 22, 2022
Niftkid:
I'm not happy to be a Nigerian and I'm sure so many people are not happy being a Nigerian too.

Urchins think it's an Igbo thing but I tell you it's hard to love this country.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by dontbothermuch: 3:33am On Dec 22, 2022
Which airport?

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by FireUpNow(m): 3:46am On Dec 22, 2022
This one never wise up sha. Just after 4 years of leaving Nigeria you loose guards. You nor be sharp guy at all. Remain one, Nigeria Police never do their own
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Tradman: 4:04am On Dec 22, 2022
YorubaMod:
Welcome to the Zoo grin,
This is where the righteous perish on the streets, while some crooked criminals get recruited into public offices just because of connections.. angry

You're very lucky you didn't lose the whole luggage, Kpele grin grin
Tinubu has Done well with his laudable achievements by recruiting miscreants in every nooks and cranny in lagos. Another group of tinubu decendant in agege does ones are deadly

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by gadgethead: 5:07am On Dec 22, 2022
Litmus:

So, millions of people pass through airports in Nigeria. Yet some weird individuals, probably from some crappy nation in Africa or Asia love to cease upon some individuals negetive experience in some airport in Nigeria to pass sociological aspersions at the people of Nigeria in some warped mission to subjugate the spirit of Nigerians and render them feeling inferior.

If it happens to you, you go leave all these big big grammar, na pidgin you go dey take swear for them
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by gadgethead: 5:15am On Dec 22, 2022
Spandau:

It's the Northerners. It's their handiwork. They have infested our national airports like rats.

Before the northerners 'infested' our national airports, there were regular ripping of travellers bags and looting of its contents. So say another one
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by gadgethead: 5:23am On Dec 22, 2022
CodeTemplar:
black man is more likely to partner for evil than for good. How many business partners do you see in Africa making waves? But evil partnership is so rampant, it is in almost all family. Same with work places.
I won't lump all Africans like that. Nigeria is a special case of greed, selfishness, lack of integrity and shamelessness
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by fman(m): 5:55am On Dec 22, 2022
Jennyclay:
Nigerians are thieves. An average Nigerian is naturally wicked and criminal minded with a get rich quick syndrome by any means, even if it takes them to steal and kill.
and you r an average Nigerian

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Reference(m): 6:47am On Dec 22, 2022
sweetTai:

I know it happens in America because I live there. I’m not telling you to keep silent. File a complaint with the airport in Nigeria. You will never see an American or a Chinese drag their countries in the mud for isolated incidents.

Na waoh.
I don't understand.
Perhaps you have seen the man advertise the incident on CNN or print it on a big banner in front of MMIA.
He laid a complaint, one complaint, on this media, that is targeted and used mainly by Nigerians about an incident that happened to him at a Nigerian airport.
Where is the 'dragging' and where does 'other countries' feature in this.
Abeg, if "Nairaland" is mainstream media in America or China as you insinuate then let me get busy.

As A Nigerian I don't go snooping on American or Chinese blogs and fora to see how many bags are stolen at one airport or the other and I don't think the citizens of those countries know Nigeria enough to care.
Like many have alluded to here. It happens everywhere, so why should a complaint here become 'anti Nigeria'.
Don't folks over there complain on their various media?

We have a serious problem of accountability in this country and the genesis of the problem is a docile people that pay for goods and services they are not satisfied with, vote for leaders they cannot control and just lie down with misery unto 'death'.
How will the services in MMIA improve if people do not talk about it. How will Nigeria improve if people do not stand up and speak out.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by virginchaser(m): 7:34am On Dec 22, 2022
uvie66:
The only thing I put in my suitcase is corn flakes and biscuits, valuable items go into my hand luggage

He is talking about liquid contents. You stand risk of loosing it either way. Officials may confiscate them.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Caveatemptor(m): 8:10am On Dec 22, 2022
nony43:

Do you have a picture of what it looks like?

Before checking in tell the FAAN officials at the counter that you want to wrap your bags that are going into the plane's haul. They will direct you. The wrapping machines are in the departure halls.
It may not be completely fool proof but it can be a deterrent to criminals who need to breach luggage fast.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by nony43(m): 8:26am On Dec 22, 2022
Caveatemptor:

Before checking in tell the FAAN officials at the counter that you want to wrap your bags that are going into the plane's haul. They will direct you. The wrapping machines are in the departure halls.
It may not be completely fool proof but it can be a deterrent to criminals who need to breach luggage fast.

Will they charge me some money?
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 22, 2022
He should have mentioned the airport where this happened instead of slaming the whole Nigeria, as if we no get perfume here, who needs your fake Givenchy perfume, you didn't even have dollars in your bag sef, broke ass wannabe crook.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Spandau: 8:52am On Dec 22, 2022
gadgethead:

Before the northerners 'infested' our national airports, there were regular ripping of travellers bags and looting of its contents. So say another one

No there weren't. Damage control not accepted.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Sleekfingers: 8:58am On Dec 22, 2022
sweetTai:
STOP BASHING NIGERIA ENDLESSLY. Bags are stolen all over the airports here in America or Europe. Sorry this happened, but stop washing our dirty laundry in front of the world!

So we shouldn't talk about it , because it is also happening in North America and Europe ?

They are called airport rats . It is very common at murtala Mohammed airport.....it is a disgrace to our country.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Micmuzac: 9:09am On Dec 22, 2022
they are APC thugs appointed by this cursed gunment through backdoor, all their employment exercise that were riddled with secrecy, this is the outcome
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Ihedinuwa69(m): 9:45am On Dec 22, 2022
Lanretoye:
Welcome home bro,since you can't give back to your people,they taketh it by force
grin grin
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by ibkayee(f): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2022
Doyou2019:

'Show love' I believe is their new begbeg lingua
Lmao yes you’re correct!

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by 7arrows: 10:07am On Dec 22, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:
How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments (Photo)

A Nigerian man who just returned to the country after four years of being away has taken to Twitter to lament after airport officials allegedly destroyed his traveling bag and stole his belongings, IGBERETV reports.

The man identified as Rashid said the airport officials destroyed his bag and carted away some of his personal belongings like perfumes, bags, and others.

https://twitter.com/Rashiid9/status/1605233361525825536?t=G9NdOgMdkb-bs2tF9Vad7g&s=19

I cant bet this wasnt done in NIGERIA. It has happened to me and we later found out it was done in spain and not nigeria. My brother give us some credit. Most times when it's a connecting flight u cannot pinpoint 100% where it happened. But I still feel it wasnt done in NIGERIA. Sorry for the lose
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by 7arrows: 10:09am On Dec 22, 2022
ibechris:
He was lucky they didn't put cocaine in his bag.

Why should they put cocaine in his bag? Whose wife did he take to deserve such an expensive set up.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Enumerator(m): 10:21am On Dec 22, 2022
cheesy
YorubaMod:
Welcome to the Zoo grin,
This is where the righteous perish on the streets, while some crooked criminals get recruited into public offices just because of connections.. angry

You're very lucky you didn't lose the whole luggage, Kpele grin grin
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Everlastingson: 10:42am On Dec 22, 2022
Jennyclay:
Nigerians are thieves. An average Nigerian is naturally wicked and criminal minded with a get rich quick syndrome by any means, even if it takes them to steal and kill.

That you're a criminal doesn't translate to "an average Nigerian is ...criminal minded". You're very foolish to make such senseless generalisation. That you are a thief doesn't imply that " Nigerians are thieves ". There are thieves in EVERY country. That doesn't mean ALL the citizens of any country are thieves. Try and secure a little common sense even though it's not common.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by LaSenior: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2022
uvie66:
The only thing I put in my suitcase is corn flakes and biscuits, valuable items go into my hand luggage
perfumes are not allowed onboard not even in your handluggage
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Onyeziokwu(m): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2022
Jennyclay:

So true mate and that's a shame!
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Caveatemptor(m): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2022
nony43:

Will they charge me some money?

1500-5000 Naira depending on the size of the luggage.
I have always done this while travelling to Heathrow and not once has my luggage been broached. I might have been lucky but it is better to be safe than sorry.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by ibechris(m): 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
7arrows:

Why should they put cocaine in his bag? Whose wife did he take to deserve such an expensive set up.

The northern lady that was sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia last time before it was realised the cocained she carried was put into her bag by our men at the airport.

This was proved to the Saudi govt before she was released two years ago.

Nigeria don cast tey tey.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by nony43(m): 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2022
Caveatemptor:

1500-5000 Naira depending on the size of the luggage.
I have always done this while travelling to Heathrow and not once has my luggage been broached. I might have been lucky but it is better to be safe than sorry.

I will do this . Can it be done in Heathrow too? Because I will be in 9ja by next week and I don’t want stories.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Caveatemptor(m): 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2022
nony43:

I will do this . Can it be done in Heathrow too? Because I will be in 9ja by next week and I don’t want stories.

Yes.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Bitchiamjay(m): 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? / Hyena And Magnificent Antelope Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi. Photos / The First Plane Crash In Nigeria At Igbo Ilapa Hill In Ikogosi, Ekiti In 1942

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.