Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,883 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments (47144 Views)

Lagos Airport Staff Protest Salary Non-Payment, Seize Passengers' Luggage / Ghanaian Airport Staff Caught After Stealing From Travelers (Video) / Nigeria's Airport Revolution In Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by AfonjaPriest: 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:
How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments (Photo)

A Nigerian man who just returned to the country after four years of being away has taken to Twitter to lament after airport officials allegedly destroyed his traveling bag and stole his belongings, IGBERETV reports.

The man identified as Rashid said the airport officials destroyed his bag and carted away some of his personal belongings like perfumes, bags, and others.

https://twitter.com/Rashiid9/status/1605233361525825536?t=G9NdOgMdkb-bs2tF9Vad7g&s=19
A very wicked thing to have happened to him. Those airport staff are callous and cruel.
The people that carried out such evil deeds are the same people that want Tinubu and his BATstards to rule Nigerians.
Tufiakwa! God forbid BAThing. It can only happen in their nightmares.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by sweetTai(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2022
Reference:

Na waoh.
I don't understand.
Perhaps you have seen the man advertise the incident on CNN or print it on a big banner in front of MMIA.
He laid a complaint, one complaint, on this media, that is targeted and used mainly by Nigerians about an incident that happened to him at a Nigerian airport.
Where is the 'dragging' and where does 'other countries' feature in this.
Abeg, if "Nairaland" is mainstream media in America or China as you insinuate then let me get busy.

As A Nigerian I don't go snooping on American or Chinese blogs and fora to see how many bags are stolen at one airport or the other and I don't think the citizens of those countries know Nigeria enough to care.
Like many have alluded to here. It happens everywhere, so why should a complaint here become 'anti Nigeria'.
Don't folks over there complain on their various media?

We have a serious problem of accountability in this country and the genesis of the problem is a docile people that pay for goods and services they are not satisfied with, vote for leaders they cannot control and just lie down with misery unto 'death'.
How will the services in MMIA improve if people do not talk about it. How will Nigeria improve if people do not stand up and speak out.

Folks do complain over here about bad experiences but they target their attacks against the specific sector. Attack MMA officials and NOT Nigeria at large. Even better, if you want to make MMA better go to their headquarters with a local news station and file a complain.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
Who travels to nigeria with this zip up luggage? If that luggage is 400€ as he claimed it should be stronger than this..
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by mt77: 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2022
That is appalling, and no one would be held accountable. When would things change in Nigeria? We need a change of order.....
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by 7arrows: 10:32pm On Dec 22, 2022
ibechris:

The northern lady that was sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia last time before it was realised the cocained she carried was put into her bag by our men at the airport.

This was proved to the Saudi govt before she was released two years ago.

Nigeria don cast tey tey.

As for cast niger don cast and no hope for now. Make God protect person o.
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Tycyborg(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
Jennyclay:
Nigerians are thieves. An average Nigerian is naturally wicked and criminal minded with a get rich quick syndrome by any means, even if it takes them to steal and kill.

In the end they blame the government and hardship because other countries enjoy with no hardship at all

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Tycyborg(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2022
CaptainFM1:
Government should do something about this please.

Even the people government will send are as corrupt... But we are fast to blame politicians
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Spandau: 2:21pm On Dec 25, 2022
gadgethead:

Before the northerners 'infested' our national airports, there were regular ripping of travellers bags and looting of its contents. So say another one

Una no infest everywhere?
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Goodman247: 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2022
Jennyclay:
Nigerians are thieves. An average Nigerian is naturally wicked and criminal minded with a get rich quick syndrome by any means, even if it takes them to steal and kill.
you said d truth bro
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Goodman247: 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2022
dawnomike:
That is what d country has turned into... few honest people are left.
yea
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Goodman247: 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2022
infosoftlife:

Even some outside Nigeria can't be trusted.
It is now in their DNA... Very dishonest humans who live like wild animals in the jungle.
harsh but true, u cannot trust the average Nigerian on anything
Re: How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments by Goodman247: 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2022
CodeTemplar:
black man is more likely to partner for evil than for good. How many business partners do you see in Africa making waves? But evil partnership is so rampant, it is in almost all family. Same with work places.
yea, they prefer to gang up against an innocent soul than to partner to do good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? / Hyena And Magnificent Antelope Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi. Photos / The First Plane Crash In Nigeria At Igbo Ilapa Hill In Ikogosi, Ekiti In 1942

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.