Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time (32257 Views)

What You Need To Know About The Lagos Red And Blueline Metro / Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

When I say you are an olodo this is why. You're just there talking nonsense. The plan was conceived by Jakande and flagged off by Raji Fashola not Tinubu. Tinubu just reactivated the plans which were scrapped by Buhari.

Oya read and stop exhibiting your stupidity.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/431862-lagos-light-rail-17-years-after-failed-promises-rot-neglect-trail-project.html

It’s not my fault you passed through school and not school passing through you. If indeed school passed through you, you will have taking time to read about Baba Jakande’s (May his soul rest in peace) metro rail plan and safe yourself all this embarrassment. If you have done a bit of search, you would have discovered that they are different. Baba Jakande’s rail project was to go through Ikorodu road. The recently launched project was initiated by Tinubu and not Baba Jakande. To be honest, there's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Why are you bothered about correcting him?
What’s your business?
Your mate dey build house, you dey pick nails.
Are you not ashamed of your life and your tribe?
How’s what happens in another region a problem for you ibo people?
I still don’t get.
Do you see Yorubas ‘correcting’ or interfering in anything you guys do in your region?
What’s the obsession for?

Jakande o, Tinubu o, Fashola o etc., at least they’re all Yorubas and their collective effort brought Lagos to what it is now, you shouldn’t be fvcking concerned about them at alllll.
You should be more worried about your region that’s decaying by the day.

With the amount of vitriol spewing forth from your mouth.... There's no way you are a lady. At best you're just an agbero.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
doseni:

It’s not my fault you passed through school and not school passing through you. If indeed school passed through you, you will have taking time to read about Baba Jakande’s (May his soul rest in peace) metro rail plan and safe yourself all this embarrassment. If you have done a bit of search, you would have discovered that they are different. Baba Jakande’s rail project was to go through Ikorodu road. The recently launched project was initiated by Tinubu and not Baba Jakande. To be honest, there's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot.

You're just a dunce. If someone decided that there should be a metro system in Lagos and same was shelved only for someone else to revive and updates those plans does it mean he initiated the plans? Go and read what the dictionary meaning of the verb 'initiate' is.

And it's not safe yourself but save yourself. Olodo.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Tycyborg(m): 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
drlateef:

Lol. Liar!!! Lagos state is different from federal capital. Did Buhari build metroline? Did Buhari clean up lagos? Do you not have ports in east and southsouth? You have failed past governors and present ones. Go after them. Wailers will never stop wailing.

Even calabar was once Nigeria capital why is it not as developed like Lagos now...? Calabar is bigger than Lagos even had ocean but can't develop... These people are just full of hate honestly

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2022
DesignMaestro:

Agberos are everywhere in Nigeria. They're NURTW members. The so called Area Boys are also termed as Agbero today. Lagos is known for Area boys wahala since before independence. They are called Omo Oraisa ('All right sir' boys) by our grandparents in those days.

These boys are always used by politicians as political thugs. Awolowo used them, Jakande used them and same with Tinubu. Politicians in other regions also nurture these type of boys for political reasons. That's how Nigerian politics is played.

Now, for the Agberos (not area boys) they have no issue with the people. They only disturb commercial drivers, who are actually their members. So, it is wrong to call them criminals. Agbero in Yoruba means someone who assists a commercial driver to woo passengers. They are everywhere in Nigeria. Go to any motor garage or park, you will find them. They all behave in the same way.

If only other Tinubu supporters could organise their thoughts rationally like you it would have been much more interesting to have intellectual engagements but all they know how to do is to resort to insults and racial slurs to display their ignorance.

Yes Agberos are now everywhere but it all started in Lagos under Tinubu. For someone who was developing a so called blueprint for a megacity, allowing them operate and enable their malaise grow unabated is a massive demerit to his 2 term administration. The so called NURTW is nothing more than a front for the massive extortion scheme these touts are inflicting on drivers for self enrichment and of course the drivers pass it on to the innocent passengers in higher bus fares day in day out and the APC government has deliberately turned a blind eye to this disgrace from Tinubu to Fashola to Ambode to Sanwaolu. Why is this allowed in Lagos state? Are these miscreants above the control of the Lagos state government? Where exactly are the billions they collect on a daily basis deposited? What are these funds used for? Where is the oversight function of government in all this?
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Why are you bothered about correcting him?
What’s your business?
Your mate dey build house, you dey pick nails.
Are you not ashamed of your life and your tribe?
How’s what happens in another region a problem for you ibo people?
I still don’t get.
Do you see Yorubas ‘correcting’ or interfering in anything you guys do in your region?
What’s the obsession for?

Jakande o, Tinubu o, Fashola o etc., at least they’re all Yorubas and their collective effort brought Lagos to what it is now, you shouldn’t be fvcking concerned about them at alllll.
You should be more worried about your region that’s decaying by the day.

Miscreant shut up.

When elders are having a conversation learn your place and remember your manners.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2022
Tycyborg:

Even calabar was once Nigeria capital why is it not as developed like Lagos now...? Calabar is bigger than Lagos even had ocean but can't develop... These people are just full of hate honestly

Calabar was capital of Nigeria between 1893 & 1906 (13 years).

Lagos was Nigeria's capital between 1906 & 1991 (85 years).

I hope you understand the difference now.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by SugarGirl44(f): 12:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

With the amount of vitriol spewing forth from your mouth.... There's no way you are a lady. At best you're just an agbero.

You’re surprised a woman is putting you in your place right.
Hehehe...
Agberos are human beings and they’re much more better than you miscreants from the iboland who are majorly criminals.
They only collect tax, they don’t kill their fellow Yoruba people the way you guys eat your people in the east.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by SugarGirl44(f): 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

Miscreant shut up.

When elders are having a conversation learn your place and remember your manners.

Where’s the elder?
You?
El oh El.
You’re just a bitter, angry and miserable nonentity all the way from the cursed land, who can’t stand to see others succeeding.
You’ll soon choke on your bile.

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
SugarGirl44:

You’re surprised a woman is putting you in your place right.
Hehehe...
Agberos are human beings and they’re much more better than you miscreants from the iboland who are majorly criminals.
They only collect tax, they don’t kill their fellow Yoruba people the way you guys eat your people in the east.

If dem born you well post your picture to prove that you're a woman. Regardless its quite evident that you lack home training.

Cyber troll.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by DesignMaestro(m): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

If only other Tinubu supporters could organise their thoughts rationally like you it would have been much more interesting to have intellectual engagements but all they know how to do is to resort to insults and racial slurs to display their ignorance.

Yes Agberos are now everywhere but it all started in Lagos under Tinubu. For someone who was developing a so called blueprint for a megacity, allowing them operate and enable their malaise grow unabated is a massive demerit to his 2 term administration. The so called NURTW is nothing more than a front for the massive extortion scheme these touts are inflicting on drivers for self enrichment and of course the drivers pass it on to the innocent passengers in higher bus fares day in day out and the APC government has deliberately turned a blind eye to this disgrace from Tinubu to Fashola to Ambode to Sanwaolu. Why is this allowed in Lagos state? Are these miscreants above the control of the Lagos state government? Where exactly are the billions they collect on a daily basis deposited? What are these funds used for? Where is the oversight function of government in all this?

Agbero starting in Lagos under Tinubu? I can't keep on arguing with you over this since it is clear that you guys simply hate him and feel good throwing all kinds of garbage at his personality.

You said NURTW, a union that was founded in 1978 started during Bola Tinubu's administration, lol! I won't go any further on this but just want you to know that NURTW is a union under the umbrella of NLC and it is one of the most powerful and influencial pressure groups in Nigeria today. It is an independent body and how it generates it's revenue and what it does with the money it generates is not anybody's business.

I am also against their mode of operation especially the aspect of thuggery and extortions, but who is to blame? The union's leadership or Bola Tinubu?

I have told you why any politician in power will likely be lenient to them irrespective of their actions in my previous response. Even if PDP or any other party should take over the leadership of Lagos tomorrow, Agbero would still continue to operate the way they do, except if the governor doesn't mind losing the next election.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
DesignMaestro:

Agbero starting in Lagos under Tinubu? I can't keep on arguing with you over this since it is clear that you guys simply hate him and feel good throwing all kinds of garbage at his personality.

You said NURTW, a union that was founded in 1978 started during Bola Tinubu's administration, lol! I won't go any further on this but just want you to know that NURTW is a union under the umbrella of NLC and it is one of the most powerful and influencial pressure groups in Nigeria today. It is an independent body and how it generates it's revenue and what it does with the money it generates is not anybody's business.

I am also against their mode of operation especially the aspect of thuggery and extortions, but who is to blame? The union's leadership or Bola Tinubu?

I have told you why any politician in power will likely be lenient to them irrespective of their actions in my previous response. Even if PDP or any other party should take over the leadership of Lagos tomorrow, Agbero would still continue to operate the way they do, except if the governor doesn't mind losing the next election.

Every trade union cannot operate without government approval. If a union's operation is seen to be clearly inimical to the well-being of commercial drivers in particular and Lagosians by impact, it is the responsibility of government to intervene to protect the interests of the masses from any exploitative body. It is the business of government to ensure that it's citizens are protected. That's the primary responsibility of government. So if government sees the excesses of these thugs and refuses to step in then they have failed. Also you mentioned a very important point, that any government who tackles this problem will lose the elections and that even PDP would let them be unless they want to lose the elections .... Really? So agberos are above the law but lagosians are not
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by DesignMaestro(m): 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

Every trade union cannot operate without government approval. If a union's operation is seen to be clearly inimical to the well-being of commercial drivers in particular and Lagosians by impact, it is the responsibility of government to intervene to protect the interests of the masses from any exploitative body. It is the business of government to ensure that it's citizens are protected. That's the primary responsibility of government. So if government sees the excesses of these thugs and refuses to step in then they have failed. Also you mentioned a very important point, that any government who tackles this problem will lose the elections and that even PDP would let them be unless they want to lose the elections .... Really? So agberos are above the law but lagosians are not
Not that they are above the law but this is Nigeria. I'm just telling you the reality. Politicians cannot do without elements like that in Nigeria. They are the tools for political maneuvering.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

You're just a dunce. If someone decided that there should be a metro system in Lagos and same was shelved only for someone else to revive and updates those plans does it mean he initiated the plans? Go and read what the dictionary meaning of the verb 'initiate' is.

And it's not safe yourself but save yourself. Olodo.

Just read what you wrote again and ask yourself if you are making sense. You are unintelligent and arrogant at the same time, how will you learn. Gosh
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2022
doseni:

Just read what you wrote again and ask yourself if you are making sense. You are unintelligent and arrogant at the same time, how will you learn. Gosh

Go and learn how to do opposition like enlightened people like Designmaestro. Although we have differing opinions I enjoyed our conversations not all these emptiness.

Also work on your grammar and spelling.

The difference is like light and day.

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

Go and learn how to do opposition like enlightened people like Designmaestro. Although we have differing opinions I enjoyed our conversations not all these emptiness.

The difference is like light and day.

I’M SORRY IF I HURT YOUR FEELINGS WHEN I CALLED YOU STUPID. I THOUGHT YOU ALREADY KNEW
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Tycyborg(m): 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
obi58:

Calabar was capital of Nigeria between 1893 & 1906 (13 years).

Lagos was Nigeria's capital between 1906 & 1991 (85 years).

I hope you understand the difference now.

Difference of years? Does that mean the white didn't do anything in calabar as you guys claim they did in lagos?
And if it's about white development... Do you still see any steam engine trains and those old houses? Lagos improved and improvise... It's simple and others decided to stand still...
Just like music... Olamide and wizkid has been in the industry and still in the industry because he improved to the modern ways not stuck on one thing because things change... What happened to MI and others? They didn't improve... It doesn't have to be how many years you stayed to acquire wealth... It's what did you use the wealth for?
If I am to go by your narrative... India have been in the light for a long time and Dubai was only few years but can you compare India with Dubai now?
Dubai improved despite the little year theyve been in light while India is standing still compare to Dubai... So why can't calabar improvise and improve?
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 12:01am On Dec 31, 2022
Tycyborg:

Difference of years? Does that mean the white didn't do anything in calabar as you guys claim they did in lagos?
And if it's about white development... Do you still see any steam engine trains and those old houses? Lagos improved and improvise... It's simple and others decided to stand still...
Just like music... Olamide and wizkid has been in the industry and still in the industry because he improved to the modern ways not stuck on one thing because things change... What happened to MI and others? They didn't improve... It doesn't have to be how many years you stayed to acquire wealth... It's what did you use the wealth for?
If I am to go by your narrative... India have been in the light for a long time and Dubai was only few years but can you compare India with Dubai now?
Dubai improved despite the little year theyve been in light while India is standing still compare to Dubai... So why can't calabar improvise and improve?

Don't talk about what you don't know sir. Go and read the history of the development of Nigeria then we can have an intellectual discourse. The white men were in Calabar for just 13 years before they moved first to PH making it the administrative capital of the south and then to Lagos which was made their final seat of operations due to its coastal advantage ideal for trade till Independence in 1960. This did not change after Independence till 1991 during which time the federal republic of Nigeria had put in place all the infrastructure ministeries and agencies reflective of a country's capital. Abuja has been Nigeria's capital for 22 years. Can you compare Calabar to Abuja?

India is the fifth largest economy in the world and has the world's fastest growing economy surpassing even China. India is light years ahead of UAE (Dubai is just a city) economically.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Tycyborg(m): 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2022
obi58:

Don't talk about what you don't know sir. Go and read the history of the development of Nigeria then we can have an intellectual discourse. The white men were in Calabar for just 13 years before they moved first to PH making it the administrative capital of the south and then to Lagos which was made their final seat of operations due to its coastal advantage ideal for trade till Independence in 1960. This did not change after Independence till 1991 during which time the federal republic of Nigeria had put in place all the infrastructure ministeries and agencies reflective of a country's capital. Abuja has been Nigeria's capital for 22 years. Can you compare Calabar to Abuja?

India is the fifth largest economy in the world and has the world's fastest growing economy surpassing even China. India is light years ahead of UAE (Dubai is just a city) economically.

You are the one confusing yourself here Mr man... My question is what made the calabar stagnant despite been a capital before... So are you telling me the whites and Nigeria or should I say the south did no development in calabar before moving? Even kano that wasn't the capital nor have any coastal area is better than calabar as of now and again did calabar not have coastal area even bigger than Lagos?

Secondly Dubai I am talking about... I know it's a city but yet still better than a a country call India let alone the whole UAE... Lol a country monetary exchange internationally determined the growth of a country... The last time I checked dirham is bigger than rupee...
Lastly tell me what makes India better or bigger than UAE aside population and immigrants remittance... I want to know please...
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2022
Tycyborg:

You are the one confusing yourself here Mr man... My question is what made the calabar stagnant despite been a capital before... So are you telling me the whites and Nigeria or should I say the south did no development in calabar before moving? Even kano that wasn't the capital nor have any coastal area is better than calabar as of now and again did calabar not have coastal area even bigger than Lagos?

Secondly Dubai I am talking about... I know it's a city but yet still better than a a country call India let alone the whole UAE... Lol a country monetary exchange internationally determined the growth of a country... The last time I checked dirham is bigger than rupee...
Lastly tell me what makes India better or bigger than UAE aside population and immigrants remittance... I want to know please...

Yet again your ignorance is painful to see. How can you compare a place developed as a capital for 13 years to one of over 80 years? Is it not obvious to the blind that more resources would have been spent developing Lagos over Calabar?

Then you talking about comparing Dubai a city to India a world power with population of over a billion people with the 5th largest GDP in the world and the fastest growing economy in the world even faster than China? This is what you're comparing a state in the UAE to? In 2021 Annual GDP in India was $3 trillion compared to $358 billion for the entire UAE and here you are talking about Dubai. Bros please read up your economics before coming to discuss with me.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Tycyborg(m): 4:44pm On Dec 31, 2022
obi58:

Yet again your ignorance is painful to see. How can you compare a place developed as a capital for 13 years to one of over 80 years? Is it not obvious to the blind that more resources would have been spent developing Lagos over Calabar?

Then you talking about comparing Dubai a city to India a world power with population of over a billion people with the 5th largest GDP in the world and the fastest growing economy in the world even faster than China? This is what you're comparing a state in the UAE to? In 2021 Annual GDP in India was $3 trillion compared to $358 billion for the entire UAE and here you are talking about Dubai. Bros please read up your economics before coming to discuss with me.

Lol chairman no be fight... GDP doesn't makes a country big ... You think of this because you don't think out of the box... Tell me what's the poverty ration equivalent to the main populace between the whole India and UAE... Let's start from there and if it's about GDP then we can say the whole Nigeria is better than south Africa because Nigeria is the number one of recent in GDP... But why should Nigeria be complaining when their GDP is the biggest?
https://www.google.com/search?q=African+countries+with+the+highest+gdp&client=ucweb-b&channel=sb

Maybe this comparison data will explain better... Inflation, economy, birthrates, deathrates and so on maybe you will also know better... Check the link below and if you don't want to just go to worlddata . Info and compare the counties Incase you are skeptical about the link.
Simple... Besides you act naive
https://www.worlddata.info/country-comparison.php?country1=ARE&country2=IND
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by APCHaram: 8:25am On Jan 04, 2023
nedekid:

As someone wrore earlier concerning the badagry bridge interchange and I quote,

"Oga, without a car, or money to enter bus that will ply that road, it is no benefit to you, be you Yoruba, igbo, Hausa, Fulani, efik, irobo, tiv etc.
Without money to buy ticket to enter the new metro line or brt bus, you cannot enjoy the service.
Until you can approach any of these services and show them you apc ID, or raise your chest high and declare you are Yoruba and from Lagos, they then give you free access, you are no different from any other Nigerian.
Infact the train will leave you behind and carry a calabar man in Lagos with a valid ticket than an omo onile."
Fool, we are not a communist society .

You don't expect me to go to Emeka's shop and pick any of his cheap fake goods and walk away without paying.

What are you even doing outside your cursed village in the first place?

It is your wretched type that will leave the village to Lagos with polythene bag and immediately on reaching Lagos begin to constitute nuisance .

The LASG did not build these rail line for free. The infrastructure will require money to run and maintain it, so it is only fair you pay to use it

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by nedekid: 8:42am On Jan 04, 2023
APCHaram:

Fool, we are not a communist society .

You don't expect me to go to Emeka's shop and pick any of his cheap fake goods and walk away without paying.

What are you even doing outside your cursed village in the first place?

It is your wretched type that will leave the village to Lagos with polythene bag and immediately on reaching Lagos begin to constitute nuisance .

The LASG did not build these rail line for free. The infrastructure will require money to run and maintain it, so it is only fair you pay to use it

See who calls someone a fool? Funny you.
You are not fit to tie my shoe lace, not to talk of shine my shoes. You are beneath me in every facet and I will not bandy words with you.
Kindly walk along like the puppy you are.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by GVTAsiwaju(m): 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
[quote author=obi58 post=119451566]

The difference is like light and day.[/quote

wow!!!!! somebody else told him to work on his Grammar and Spelling? What a sissy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bridge Collapses In Akwa Ibom State / 2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos / Kenyan Motorcyclist Carries 4 Passengers At Once (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.