Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time (32258 Views)

What You Need To Know About The Lagos Red And Blueline Metro / Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by samz77: 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2022
These igbos are the worst set of tribes in sub Saharan region. These igbos scuttle the regional government being practiced in Nigeria during the coup of 1966 .They realized that the north and western regions were moving at an alarming rate where the west and north were noted to produce Cocoa and ground nut respectively. Nothing could be said to have been produced by their cursed region hence they were jealous because of these .And thereby put an end to the regional government believed to have been making progress. These igbos should be whitewash , bastardize and continue to be enslaved for the rest of their entire life. They should not be given any breathing space and must be ostracized

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Fearyourcreator: 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

I was stating the uncomfortable raw facts without minding whose ox is gored! Why should I be jealous? Jealous of who? Where is the tribal angle to Lagos State imagined or real success that should make me jealous? Was/is Lagos a Yoruba success story? Which part of Lagos development can be solidly attributed to Yoruba ingenuity? Roads? Murtala airport? Tin Can Port? National stadium? National Arts Theater? All the mainland bridges? The flyovers? Festac and Trade Fair Complexs that bring in billions? Egbin Power station? Can you tell me how the Yorubas developed Lagos but failed to develop Oshogbo and link those to my presumed jealousy? Let's start from there.. Because I can see Kaduna and Kano in the North and I can see Onitsha, Port Harcourt and Aba in the East, all propped up by the locals! Can you say anything about Ogbomosho, Akure and Oshogbo for once?
This project was for this administration... Only a blind man will see how lagos was in 1999 and now will tell you differrence no dey...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 25, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Child of anger and bitterness.
That’s why your life is stagnant, you can’t have this much bitterness in you and make any progress.

That’s what most of them don’t understand. it’s a reflection of their upbringing. What do you expect from a child that was brought up in a home lacking love and joy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 25, 2022
CSTRR:
That is why Lagos cannot compare to any of its peers in Africa.
The corruption is too staggering.

Casablanca in Morocco would build an electric rail for $400M.

Tinubu boys built a locomotive for $1.2billion.

You need to understand that topography differs from region/location to another. A project that costs 1m might cost 10m in another area due to topography and availability of raw materials. Also infrastructure is also key, in setting up this in Lagos, asides the rail and train you also have to consider building independent power infrastructure to power the trains and this also comes at an extra cost compared to countries that already have this infrastructure on ground.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by ChukwuObe: 10:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

If Anambra is overtaxing traders and be making 100 billion naira a month, a poorly built monorail won't be the template to measure her infastructural success! You would have seen something more futuristic. Lagos economy is bigger than that of Benin republic but you agbadorians like to measure dikcs with Gombe and Ebony States! States that don't make as much as a single Local Government in Lagos State! Up the ante! Raise the bar!! Stop lowering the bar into the latrines for havens sake!!!

Obviously Kanu that deceived you that Buhari is dead and the man in Aso rock is cloned from Sudan knew that according to Nwazuruike his people are the most foolish tribe in the world. What takes the igbos to leave Lagos for Anambra and built Anambra like Lagos so that they will be making billions monthly like Lagos? But you guys have no brain to think. Only a bastard has a chance to develop his father's land but chooses to develop another man's land instead. It is nothing but foolish and unintelligent

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by ChukwuObe: 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2022
CSTRR:

Envious of your poverty rate or number of invalids?
Or your high insecurity?

But why is the most foolish tribe in the world according to Nwazuruike so fixed on Lagos and not their useless region?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 11:21pm On Dec 25, 2022
doseni:

Maybe when you understand the difference between conceiving a project and initiating one then I can engage you. I have zero tolerance for those that can’t use their heads. To who a brain is given, sense is expected. This project was initiated by Tinubu and delivered by Sanwo-olu. I am allergic to stupid people . it’s better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. If you were half as smart as you think you are, you’d be twice as smart as you really are.

When I say you are an olodo this is why. You're just there talking nonsense. The plan was conceived by Jakande and flagged off by Raji Fashola not Tinubu. Tinubu just reactivated the plans which were scrapped by Buhari.

Oya read and stop exhibiting your stupidity.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/431862-lagos-light-rail-17-years-after-failed-promises-rot-neglect-trail-project.html
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Atlantis585: 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2022
DesignMaestro:
This will surely choke the enemies of progress. They are sick and tired of this Lagos light rail news but the noise will keep going higher and higher till it got them totally deranged.

Watch the excitement in the faces of the good people of Lagos as they rode a metro for the first time. Though this is long over due but better late than never.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd0Ki3pth4Q

Thank you for not announcing this as another Thieffnubu accomplishment like your fellow BATstards.

But I’m not sure why you would think people are against anything that will decongest Lagos traffic situation.

I detest the crook and drug dealer Thieffnubu but not SW or my SW brothers.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by DesignMaestro(m): 12:35am On Dec 26, 2022
Atlantis585:

Thank you for not announcing this as another Thieffnubu accomplishment like your fellow BATstards.

But I’m not sure why you would think people are against anything that will decongest Lagos traffic situation.

I detest the crook and drug dealer Thieffnubu but not SW or my SW brothers.

You must be an Ob_idiot. Why detest someone who has never ruled your land before? Why are your kinsmen so obsessed with Tinubu? Why not concentrate your energy on dragging your southeast leaders who have looted your destiny and that of your generations unborn?

What an irony? People who are known all over the world as crooks and drug dealers are the ones labelling Tinubu as one.

You hypocrite, we all know that your hatred for Tinubu is borne out of resentment for the people of South West. Your ancestors did the same thing. Spare us of that 'SW brothers' shit. We aren't brothers.

Tinubu, the architect of new Lagos.
The builder of men.
The nightmare of IPOB apologists

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by DesignMaestro(m): 1:12am On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

When I say you are an olodo this is why. You're just there talking nonsense. The plan was conceived by Jakande and flagged off by Raji Fashola not Tinubu. Tinubu just reactivated the plans which were scrapped by Buhari.

Oya read and stop exhibiting your stupidity.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/431862-lagos-light-rail-17-years-after-failed-promises-rot-neglect-trail-project.html

Even if the plan was conceived by Obafemi Awolowo or Herbert Macaulay, what is your business with that? What is wrong with someone conceiving an idea and twenty years later another person bringing back the idea and making sure it comes to reality?

Alhaji Lateef Jakande wanted a metro for Lagos as far back as 1980's but did Lagos get it? Tinubu came 20 years later and drew a master plan for transportation reforms in Lagos. He established the LAMATA which is saddled with implementation of the Lagos intermodal transportation master plan. Through LAMATA today we have BRT and metro train. Tinubu ended a 20 year stagnation for Lagos and you want him ignored?

About fourty years after Jakande conceived the idea, the metro has come to reality in Lagos and you want us to ignore the man who has helped to actualise the dream by ensuring continuity and stability in governance?

Your obsession with Tinubu might eventually consume you.

Thank you Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu!
Thank you Babatunde Raji Fashola!!
Thank you Babajide Sanwo-Olu!!!

God bless Baba Jakande!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by DesignMaestro(m): 1:17am On Dec 26, 2022
ChukwuObe:

But why is the most foolish tribe in the world according to Nwazuruike so fixed on Lagos and not their useless region?
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 3:49am On Dec 26, 2022
DesignMaestro:

Even if the plan was conceived by Obafemi Awolowo or Herbert Macaulay, what is your business with that? What is wrong with someone conceiving an idea and twenty years later another person bringing back the idea and making sure it comes to reality?

Alhaji Lateef Jakande wanted a metro for Lagos as far back as 1980's but did Lagos get it? Tinubu came 20 years later and drew a master plan for transportation reforms in Lagos. He established the LAMATA which is saddled with implementation of the Lagos intermodal transportation master plan. Through LAMATA today we have BRT and metro train. Tinubu ended a 20 year stagnation for Lagos and you want him ignored?

About fourty years after Jakande conceived the idea, the metro has come to reality in Lagos and you want us to ignore the man who has helped to actualise the dream by ensuring continuity and stability in governance?

Your obsession with Tinubu might eventually consume you.

Thank you Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu!
Thank you Babatunde Raji Fashola!!
Thank you Babajide Sanwo-Olu!!!

God bless Baba Jakande!!!!

I'm waiting for that olodo doseni to finish reading and come back to this public forum to admit his stupidity talking pompously about things which he knows nothing about.

Ps. This is no obsession with Tinubu just correcting the falsehood that the Lagos light rail was conceived and flagged off by Tinubu. Conception was by Jakande and flag off was by Fashola. Shikena.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by DesignMaestro(m): 7:03am On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

I'm waiting for that olodo doseni to finish reading and come back to this public forum to admit his stupidity talking pompously about things which he knows nothing about.

Ps. This is no obsession with Tinubu just correcting the falsehood that the Lagos light rail was conceived and flagged off by Tinubu. Conception was by Jakande and flag off was by Fashola. Shikena.
Wrong!!! Jakande's metro rail plan is entirely different from the rail project being carried out by the present day governments of Lagos state.

Alhaji Lateef Jakande (may his soul rest in peace) planned a metro rail that will be laid along Ikorodu road. The military government came and nipped it in the bud.

Fast forward to 2002, Bola Tinubu established LAMATA, brought in experts from relevant fields to design a master plan for an organized bus rapid transit, water transport and light rail mass transit that will connect the whole parts of the city. The present governor and his commissioner of transportation were in the team. They where sent to South America to understudy how metro system worked in that part of the world.

At the end, they designed a master plan for BRT dedicated lanes, six light rail lines and a monorail. The six rail lines are blue, red, green, orange, purple and yellow lines.

Fashola started the blue line (Marina to okokomaiko). This is completely different from Jakande's Ikorodu road metro. Go and listen to what Sanwo-Olu said about Bola Tinubu few days ago when they were marking the completion of the phase one of the project.

These are facts, go and verify. Find out more about LAMATA and its purpose of establishment.

No matter how you try to twist the narratives, Tinubu's name will continue to be mentioned as far as the development of modern Lagos is concerned.

Politics and propaganda can only conceal fact, they can't change it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by CSTRR: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2022
doseni:

You need to understand that topography differs from region/location to another. A project that costs 1m might cost 10m in another area due to topography and availability of raw materials. Also infrastructure is also key, in setting up this in Lagos, asides the rail and train you also have to consider building independent power infrastructure to power the trains and this also comes at an extra cost compared to countries that already have this infrastructure on ground.
The project was listed as $300M on the Chinese stock exchange.

Do you know what means?

The Chinese people that did the project in Lagos said they did it for $300M.

Tinubu's boys in Lagos said the project cost $1.2b.
That is a whopping difference of $900M.
900 freaking million greenbacks.

So what are you saying?

Why are you shamelessly defending corruption?

Are you going to benefit from it?
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by CSTRR: 7:11am On Dec 26, 2022
drlateef:

That’s a different. Petition EFCC if you have your facts. Don’t do any media trial here.
Why?

Am I the only one suffering bad governnace in Nigeria?
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 7:20am On Dec 26, 2022
DesignMaestro:
Wrong!!! Jakande's metro rail plan is entirely different from the rail project being carried out by the present day governments of Lagos state.

Alhaji Lateef Jakande (may his soul rest in peace) planned a metro rail that will be laid along Ikorodu road. The military government came and nipped it in the bud.

Fast forward to 2002, Bola Tinubu established LAMATA, brought in experts from relevant fields to design a master plan for an organized bus rapid transit, water transport and light rail mass transit that will connect the whole parts of the city. The present governor and his commissioner of transportation were in the team. They where sent to South America to understudy how metro system worked in that part of the world.

At the end, they designed a master plan for BRT dedicated lanes, six light rail lines and a monorail. The six rail lines are blue, red, green, orange, purple and yellow lines.

Fashola started the blue line (Marina to okokomaiko). This is completely different from Jakande's Ikorodu road metro. Go and listen to what Sanwo-Olu said about Bola Tinubu few days ago when they were marking the completion of the phase one of the project.

These are facts, go and verify. Find out more about LAMATA and its purpose of establishment.

No matter how you try to twist the narratives, Tinubu's name will continue to be mentioned as far as the development of modern Lagos is concerned.

I am not discouting Tinubu's contribution but I still stand to state categorically that Jakande was the origin. Tinubu revived the idea and came up with a blueprint but never implemented same. This was done by Fashola. If not for Fashola, all those plans would have just remained beautiful ideas.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Gerrard59(m): 7:45am On Dec 26, 2022
To be honest, it is very good and commendable for Lagos to have a monorail. Considering the size of the state, size of the economy and the population, it is long overdue. Not all states in the US even have monorails, so Lagos ought to have one, and thankfully, she does have it now. Although monorails are usually expensive, they alleviate commuters using the current disorganised road transport system. One piece of advice is to replace those carpets with metallic floors (considering that many areas in Lagos don't have tarred roads and the tropical environment) and institute strict rules regarding refuse dumping or spitting or nose phlegm or pasting of bills, noise-making etc. Since the Chinese funded it, let them manage it for a decade while training the locals on how to manage a metro line effectively.

Connect many parts of the state with such monorails or metro lines, then copy the Singaporeans to implement a road usage tax (ERP). Honestly, there is no excuse for not developing all parts of Nigeria. The blueprints exist somewhere. Just copy, tweak and paste. No point reinventing the wheel.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Gerrard59(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2022
samz77:
These igbos are the worst set of tribes in sub Saharan region. These igbos scuttle the regional government being practiced in Nigeria during the coup of 1966 .They realized that the north and western regions were moving at an alarming rate where the west and north were noted to produce Cocoa and ground nut respectively. Nothing could be said to have been produced by their cursed region hence they were jealous because of these .And thereby put an end to the regional government believed to have been making progress. These igbos should be whitewash , bastardize and continue to be enslaved for the rest of their entire life. They should not be given any breathing space and must be ostracized

When I see posts like this and others, I am not surprised. Rather what bothers me is that Igbos are usually the ones who boast or brag about Nigeria when outside the country. My people will boast about a place where they are not regarded. Honestly, the ignorant braggadocio of many Igbos should be curtailed. If a Fulani man uses Nigeria to be boastful, I can understand. When an Igbo man does the same, I find it ridiculous.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by drlateef: 8:17am On Dec 26, 2022
CSTRR:

Why?

Am I the only one suffering bad governnace in Nigeria?

Vote Tinubu if you want good governance. That’s the best person who can do that. Others are jokers and thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by DesignMaestro(m): 8:34am On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

I am not discouting Tinubu's contribution but I still stand to state categorically that Jakande was the origin. Tinubu revived the idea and came up with a blueprint but never implemented same. This was done by Fashola. If not for Fashola, all those plans would have just remained beautiful ideas.
Good, and that is the beauty of continuity. That is even why it is difficult for Tinubu's critics and opposition parties to prevail on Lagosians to vote his party out.

From Fashola to Ambode and Sanwo-Olu it has always been progress upon progress for Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by DesignMaestro(m): 8:40am On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
To be honest, it is very good and commendable for Lagos to have a monorail. Considering the size of the state, size of the economy and the population, it is long overdue. Not all states in the US even have monorails, so Lagos ought to have one, and thankfully, she does have it now. Although monorails are usually expensive, they alleviate commuters using the current disorganised road transport system. One piece of advice is to replace those carpets with metallic floors (considering that many areas in Lagos don't have tarred roads and the tropical environment) and institute strict rules regarding refuse dumping or spitting or nose phlegm or pasting of bills, noise-making etc. Since the Chinese funded it, let them manage it for a decade while training the locals on how to manage a metro line effectively.

Connect many parts of the state with such monorails or metro lines, then copy the Singaporeans to implement a road usage tax (ERP). Honestly, there is no excuse for not developing all parts of Nigeria. The blueprints exist somewhere. Just copy, tweak and paste. No point reinventing the wheel.

It is not a monorail. It is the normal electric train powered through a ground level third rail instead of overhead cables.

The red carpets were spread for the lunching ceremony. They aren't going to be there permanently.

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Gerrard59(m): 8:45am On Dec 26, 2022
DesignMaestro:

It is not a monorail. It is the normal electric train powered through a ground level third rail instead of overhead cables.

The red carpets were spread for the lunching ceremony. They aren't going to be there permanently.

OK, my bad regarding the nomenclature. How would the trains be powered when light is not constant? I hope no be by those IPPs, which are largely glorified generators?

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 8:45am On Dec 26, 2022
DesignMaestro:
Good, and that is the beauty of continuity. That is even why it is difficult for Tinubu's critics and opposition parties to prevail on Lagosians to vote his party out.

From Fashola to Ambode and Sanwo-Olu it has always been progress upon progress for Lagos.

As far as I am concerned I have no issues with Fashola, Ambode and even Sanwaolu for their infrastructural development of Lagos even though many of their projects were executed at grossly inflated prices (but what the heck as far as the projects are done no wahala).

However, I can't forgive APC for the profileration of the hydraheaded monster of Agberos and Agberoism in Lagos state. Lagosians are suffering severely from these criminals and the APC government is doing absolutely nothing about checking their excesses.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by DesignMaestro(m): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:

OK, my bad regarding the nomenclature. How would the trains be powered when light is not constant? I hope no be by those IPPs, which are largely glorified generators?
i don't know if you watched the video, there is a white man there who explained how the trains would be powered. Also, according to the LAMATA MD, Mrs Abimbola Akinajo, the blue line will use three different power sources, the national grid and two ipp's and an inverter that ensures seamless transition to other alternatives when one power source fails
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by apostleoke(m): 9:34am On Dec 26, 2022
Ogun state should copy o.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by DesignMaestro(m): 9:35am On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

As far as I am concerned I have no issues with Fashola, Ambode and even Sanwaolu for their infrastructural development of Lagos even though many of their projects were executed at grossly inflated prices (but what the heck as far as the projects are done no wahala).

However, I can't forgive APC for the profileration of the hydraheaded monster of Agberos and Agberoism in Lagos state. [b]Lagosians are suffering severely from these criminals [/b]and the APC government is doing absolutely nothing about checking their excesses.
Agberos are everywhere in Nigeria. They're NURTW members. The so called Area Boys are also termed as Agbero today. Lagos is known for Area boys wahala since before independence. They are called Omo Oraisa ('All right sir' boys) by our grandparents in those days.

These boys are always used by politicians as political thugs. Awolowo used them, Jakande used them and same with Tinubu. Politicians in other regions also nurture these type of boys for political reasons. That's how Nigerian politics is played.

Now, for the Agberos (not area boys) they have no issue with the people. They only disturb commercial drivers, who are actually their members. So, it is wrong to call them criminals. Agbero in Yoruba means someone who assists a commercial driver to woo passengers. They are everywhere in Nigeria. Go to any motor garage or park, you will find them. They all behave in the same way.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Menclothing: 9:43am On Dec 26, 2022
I laugh if you cal agbero terrorist
Ipob bokoharram that kill and destroy what are they?

Nurtw are in all State in Nigeria
Lagos own is loud since 60s

They don't kill or destroy citizens

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by CSTRR: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2022
drlateef:

Vote Tinubu if you want good governance. That’s the best person who can do that. Others are jokers and thieves.
Thank you for making me laugh this morning.

I am sure that was how the Chinese were laughing about how a project that took them $300M became $1.2billion by the Lagos State govt.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Invitationn: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2022
owobokiri:

If Anambra is overtaxing traders and be making 100 billion naira a month, a poorly built monorail won't be the template to measure her infastructural success! You would have seen something more futuristic. Lagos economy is bigger than that of Benin republic but you agbadorians like to measure dikcs with Gombe and Ebony States! States that don't make as much as a single Local Government in Lagos State! Up the ante! Raise the bar!! Stop lowering the bar into the latrines for havens sake!!!
That's what I thought! Eboyin in the mud! grin
Meanwhile, let's know your own state so we can do the maths of the revenue of how many local governments in Lagos your state makes.
Since y'all are so shameless!
Hold your governors accountable you won't but dumbos are quick to point at 'mediocrity' in Lagos...if the blue line is a mediocre project what do you have in your state that you are most proud of? Kindly tell us!
Lagos is overtaxing her residents but they are not moving to your state where no one gets taxed and your people never stopped coming grin
Would you rather stay in a place where you are earning nothing and not getting taxed or stay where you get taxed and make money?

With this your ridiculous mentality, you won't understand the rationale behind the whole Japa syndrome in Nigeria.
Because the average rent per month in the UK is over the average rent per year in Nigeria yet people keep going there.
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2022
CSTRR:

The project was listed as $300M on the Chinese stock exchange.

Do you know what means?

The Chinese people that did the project in Lagos said they did it for $300M.

Tinubu's boys in Lagos said the project cost $1.2b.
That is a whopping difference of $900M.
900 freaking million greenbacks.

So what are you saying?

Why are you shamelessly defending corruption?

Are you going to benefit from it?

You are wrong Sir. The Chinese company are only responsible for Buidling the infrastructure for the blue line, ie The rail line. The estimated $1.4b is the total cost for 7 rail lines of the project, blue line and red line. The cost include 7 rail line for blue line and red line, cost of the trains, independent power project to drive the trains etc. The $1.2b you quoted is an estimated amount for the blue line and I challenge you to provide evidence where the Chinese company announce that it will cost $300m to complete the project for the 7 rail lines. Provide proof directly from the company and not 3rd party or online media sources. If you go through the annual report of the company, it was clearly stated that the cost is for 2 rail lines and not the 7. In construction FY reporting, contract values can be captured in mileage. I think it is important you read and have a proper understanding of issues before coming to a public forum like this to talk nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2022
DesignMaestro:

You Dey mind the dullard. You should have allowed him to continue to disgrace his lineage. Most of them don’t read to comprehend, they only read to respond. I have never seen a such a stupid person full with so much confidence.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity as they are more of a threat to the world than green house emissions.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by SugarGirl44(f): 11:09am On Dec 26, 2022
obi58:

Why are you bothered about correcting him?
What’s your business?
Your mate dey build house, you dey pick nails.
Are you not ashamed of your life and your tribe?
How’s what happens in another region a problem for you ibo people?
I still don’t get.
Do you see Yorubas ‘correcting’ or interfering in anything you guys do in your region?
What’s the obsession for?

Jakande o, Tinubu o, Fashola o etc., at least they’re all Yorubas and their collective effort brought Lagos to what it is now, you shouldn’t be fvcking concerned about them at alllll.
You should be more worried about your region that’s decaying by the day.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos / Kenyan Motorcyclist Carries 4 Passengers At Once (Photo, Video) / Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.