Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? (36168 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by AngelicBeing: 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Why would you contemplate moving to Nigeria permanently? That's just a fantasy for many until they return to realize that the Nigeria they left is way better than or still the same with the present Nigeria.

A trip to Nigeria is therapeutic. It reminds one of why they japa in the first place. Like a shock therapy. When you go back to your adopted country, you will appreciate it more like the first time.

Those who think Nigeria is fun are those who come in during festive seasons and stay for about 2 weeks. I dare them to move and stay 6 months in Nigeria. grin grin

/
Gbamsulotely,l agree with your post my brother, Nigeria is not for me oo, those who are relocating back, good luck to them, in one of my trips to Nigeria, l was driving a family to school in the morning, Robbers trailed a vehicle coming from Benin Republic, shot into the air and robbed their target, right in my front, l jumped out of my SUV, abandoned my vehicle and took cover shocked, after they left, l went back to pick my vehicle and drove home, it is an awful experience l will never forget, Nigeria don cast angry

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2023
hardon1:
This kind of question doesn't need answers. Just be poor and the difference will be clear before your eyes

Poster, give out all your possessions. I mean everything to charity and come start life in a face me I face you resident where toilets and bathroom are shared. Where you draw water from a well used by 100 other people

With a job/business or mean of less than 2$/day. Where you will be sick but go to chemist instead instead of proper hospital because you can afford the cost of healthcare

Where you trek 5 kilometers to and fro work daily just to save extra N3000/month for light bill or rent. Where you can't afford a decent meal so don't go bankrupt before the month end

Where you have a loved one sick and dying but you can't afford to take her to hospital or pay for prescribed drugs by a doctor at a general hospital

Where as a young man, you can't approach a woman you like just because you can't afford an outing that will cost N2000

Where As a family after cooking soup, you will add water to it so that it will serve the family for the designated days

Where you put on singlet until it turns to shimi... Just because you can't afford a new one. Where your hard buy cloth untill the one you got turn and worn out

Where you have phone but sometimes can't afford airtime and you- a mature man flashing people so they can call you back

Where someone delebrately trample on your right in public space and tells you "you can't do nothing" - and offcause you do noting just because you can't afford the cost of litigation

My guy... I can go on and on...
There is absolutely nothing glorious about poverty

These are for poor men in Nigeria. Same fate await a poor man in America but most of you are Just stupid, delusional and highly bias when it comes to showing your hatred against the country that helped you when u were nothing.

In America, yours better off dead if you don't have money or insurance to afford the ridiculous and overpriced health services. I've been there and saw it all

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
ibkayee:

Seasons Greetings grin

Buhari and Tinubu likely have private healthcare, what are they doing with the NHS? If a rich Nigerian is sick, chances are they're going abroad for treatment so you should cross that 'advantage' from your list grin

Quality of doctors in Naija is not the issue by the way, what of the availability of adequate facilities in case of an emergency? Also, good luck manoeuvring through all that traffic trying to rush to the hospital

I assume you're rich in America and can afford the ridiculous and highly overpriced health services. Imagine you have broken legs in the US and they send $7500 to your mail as hospital bill. LoL.

You people are disgusting, bias, and always chose to talk about the bad sides in Nigeria while you wake up lonely, depressed, tired and frustrated in your cubicle abroad. The only consolation you have is when you convert your earning to naira and see how you earn better than dangote or otedola in Nigeria. cheesy. And you talk as if there's no such traffic in New York, Philadelphia, street of Baltimore.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lade18:

I assume you're rich in America and can afford the ridiculous and highly overpriced health services. Imagine you have broken legs in the US and they send $7500 to your mail as hospital bill. LoL.

You people are disgusting, bias, and always chose to talk about the bad sides in Nigeria while you wake up lonely, depressed, tired and frustrated in your cubicle abroad. The only consolation you have is when you convert your earning to naira and see how you earn better than dangote or otedola in Nigeria. cheesy
Well I don’t live in the US, I live in the UK where I benefit from reasonably tax funded health care.

I’m not depressed, tired, frustrated or working in a cubicle either. I’m a pretty jovial individual, working a profession I genuinely like, with the option to work from the comfort of my home. I’m about to put on the kettle sef, can’t decide between hot chocolate or herbal though.

I’m not the reason Nigeria’s healthcare system is shit below acceptable standard lol what’s wrong with pointing this out?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
ibkayee:

Well I don’t live in the US, I live in the UK where I benefit from reasonably tax funded health care.

I’m not depressed, tired, frustrated or working in a cubicle either. I’m a pretty jovial individual, working a profession I genuinely like, with the option to work from the comfort of my home. I’m about to put on the kettle sef, can’t decide between hot chocolate or herbal though.

I’m not the reason Nigeria’s healthcare system is shit below acceptable standard lol what’s wrong with pointing this out?

Nigeria isn't where it's supposed to be, but it's where we all want it to be. We want an alibi for always shaming Nigeria, an alibi to downgrade people that don't support japa out of Nigeria,an alibi to tell them "don't we tell y'all nigeria will collapse? And now we get it
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lade18:

Nigeria isn't where it's supposed to be, but it's where we all want it to be. We want an alibi for always shaming Nigeria, an alibi to downgrade people that don't support japa out of Nigeria,an alibi to tell them "don't we tell y'all nigeria will collapse? And now we get it

You ‘want’ Nigeria to have a disproportionate doctor to population ratio, poorly serviced hospitals and a lack of adequate facilities? That’s odd.

I don’t really care about who does and doesn’t japa, I do care about the state of Nigeria though. That’s why I have no problem being honest about the issues.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by armyofone(m): 9:04pm On Jan 06, 2023
Nigeria - still waiting for the Nigeria of my father's dream. True - the state of things!

Can you imagine Egunmogaji is leaving Nigeria for physical therapy outside Nigeria. What is UCH like now?
I was told UCH is the shadow of its former self. Oh well!
I just hope Mr. Obi wins...what does Tinubu and Atiku have to offer, again ?
All of them sent their multiple wives to UK for slight cough and multitudes of children for schools here using money meant for development of Nigeria.
I'm shocked to see people coming out for them at political rallies. Wow!!

ibkayee:

You ‘want’ Nigeria to have a disproportionate doctor to population ratio, poorly serviced hospitals and a lack of adequate facilities? That’s odd.

I don’t really care about who does and doesn’t japa, I do care about the state of Nigeria though. That’s why I have no problem being honest about the issues.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2023
armyofone:
Nigeria - still waiting for the Nigeria of my father's dream. True - the state of things!

Can you imagine Egunmogaji is leaving Nigeria for physical therapy outside Nigeria. What is UCH like now?
I was told UCH is the shadow of its former self. Oh well!
I just hope Mr. Obi wins...what does Tinubu and Atiku have to offer, again ?
All of them sent their multiple wives to UK for slight cough and multitudes of children for schools here using money meant for development of Nigeria.
I'm shocked to see people coming out for them at political rallies. Wow!!

From nland right? I read that he had a terrible accident on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

I don’t have much hope for Nigeria but Obi is my preferred candidate, if he wins hopefully he isn’t another disappointment.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by armyofone(m): 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2023
ibkayee:

From nland right? I read that he had a terrible accident on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

I don’t have much hope for Nigeria but Obi is my preferred candidate, if he wins hopefully he isn’t another disappointment.

Yeah. Glad he survived.
Right, I try to have small hope...not that he Mr. Obi is the perfect candidate but better than the other old men.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
armyofone:

Yeah. Glad he survived.
Right, not that he is the perfect candidate but better than the other old men.
I'm so tired of APC and PDP constantly in rotation like a kebab lol
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by armyofone(m): 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2023
ibkayee:

I'm so tired of APC and PDP constantly in rotation like a kebab lol

Election rigging in favor of someone is what I don’t like.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gerrard59(m): 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.

So, you are a rich Igbo man or woman, honestly ask yourself, what do I enjoy residing in Nigeria?

P.S. Heck, you can't even vote. grin grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EconFinance: 9:53am On May 21, 2023
big7:
The rich enjoys liberty to oppress the less privileged and yes they get away with it cos they rich
true
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EconFinance: 9:53am On May 21, 2023
Prometheus666:

Nigeria is safer than USA .
I beg to didagree
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EconFinance: 2:23pm On May 21, 2023
Gerrard59:
I appreciate all the responses, including the ones that said I am a security man in the US grin and the tribal slur that I am an IPOB because I don't believe in the Fulanised Nigerian army (what if I am from Kajuru nko?)

Hopefully, this thread would serve as a template for moneyed folks in the abroad who plan or wish to return to Nigeria someday.

Additionally, the responses have proven my belief that the greatest achievement of black men especially Nigerian men is to dangle their smelly preek around while chanting alfa meils alfa meils alfa meils!!! If you read through, very few suggested these rich people should try to change the system for the better. I mentioned insecurity as a major issue even if I am not affected, but rather than suggest these moneyed folks try to change the system so that the farmers in Zango-Kataf can cultivate their crops in peace, they suggested hiring security personnel as the antidote to insecurity. When I said Nigerian men have failed their women, I was not lying. The responses prove it.

The average black person esp man is inherently greedy, wicked, shortsighted, and a poor planner. Thus, I don't believe black people can build a functioning society nor can they manage one if given on a platter of gold. The ones in Bermuda, Bahamas etc are exceptions, not the norm.

Damn.
This hits hard

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:32pm On Feb 17
BennyDGreat:
You have access to businesses only the rich can do....very profitable businesses cos they are capital intensive

This one is true. Crooked businesses

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time / Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video / The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.