Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? (35998 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by BigName101: 6:12am On Dec 27, 2022
Gerrard59:

You need to learn contentment. That is a personal issue, not with your environment. When I was in Nigeria, I never fancied driving because it was too stressful, and it costs a lot to maintain a product one does not often use (I rarely went out). Today, I am staying in a place where the public transport works seamlessly, and almost everyone uses it regardless of their income status. Children of the rich and poor ride bicycles, ditto adults. These people have money to buy the best cars, in fact, when they own cars, they own the very best. But riding bicycle does not mean one is poor or unfulfilled.

Nigeria fits people like you, just like the buddy on Christmas day.
You don't sound intelligent, sorry.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by AngelicBeing: 6:15am On Dec 27, 2022
Gerrard59:

I understand the psychological feeling, and that is the reason I included Namibia. From the responses, what can be enjoyed in Nigeria can also be enjoyed in Namibia which is way safer. Thus, I will rather be rich in Namibia than in Nigeria.
l agree with you, Namibia, Botswana etc are actually very safe than The Headquarters of extreme poverty and insecurity in Africa called Nigeria led by a Philistine President and his gang of 40 thieves tongue

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 7:02am On Dec 27, 2022
deavicky:
what are u even saying. You can never be a white man irrespective of that u do . You are still a black man do allow inferiority complex turn you to something else. The white are no way different from u. It is just ur mind set.

says a black man who wants to be rich so he can commit crime and get away with it... when your counterparts in the west are creating a futuristic world... grin black man will forever be inferior to the whites in everything, the whites are ahead of you blacks in everything grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by shinealight(m): 7:34am On Dec 27, 2022
Gerrard59:

I understand the psychological feeling, and that is the reason I included Namibia. From the responses, what can be enjoyed in Nigeria can also be enjoyed in Namibia which is way safer. Thus, I will rather be rich in Namibia than in Nigeria.

Okay….Namibia is still an African country where the indigenes look like us but there’s really no replacement for your place of birth where unseen “Hidden Connections” have situated you as your place of incarnation on this Earth.
Life is not about whether you can get rich or not, neither is it about what we describe as “Enjoyment”. It is all about maturing through experiencing…..both pleasurable and otherwise distasteful experiencing count towards our maturing!
The spiritual forces, which never make any mistakes, have seen to it that you and I incarnated in a space called Nigeria for our necessary interaction and experiencing with “inwardly similar” human beings who also have similar karmaic threads to expiate.
So, truly speaking, running away to any other land is just like postponing one’s fateful responsibility or trying to escape or shirk responsibility for one’s past deeds that must have brought you and I to this fate in the first place!
Better to face Life in your place of incarnation and make the best of it while doing your best to improve the things that make you feel like running away!
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by deavicky(m): 7:43am On Dec 27, 2022
headboyprince:

says a black man who wants to be rich so he can commit crime and get away with it... when your counterparts in the west are creating a futuristic world... grin black man will forever be inferior to the whites in everything, the whites are ahead of you blacks in everything grin grin grin

you can't even comprehend what you read. I think I'm wasting my time here.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by somehow: 8:22am On Dec 27, 2022
Kelechi009:

THIS IS A LIE, BABA IJESHA IS IN JAIL RIGHT NOW.

There is nothing wicked about a country having cheap labor, our income is cheap, thats why our labor is cheap as well. And this talking down on Nigeria. Calm down please.

India has the same issues and Indians always go back home to set up companies. So chill the fvck out.

Labor is also cheap in China, yet they are about the biggest economy in the world.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Mypeople2(m): 8:55am On Dec 27, 2022
baretalk:

Not as easy as you state here. Get real.
My guy I am telling you from experience. Someone close to me what hit by a man driving too fast .My guy was was not even driving, he was standing close to his car.The man not only hit my guy, he also killed a pregnant lady and two other ladies.The man came and asked how much he is going to pay for us to sweep the case under the carpet.My guy is dead now leaving little kids behind. This is what is happening in Nigeria now.As a rich you can kill anybody and go away with it provided you have the money.
Do you know the funniest thing? The pregnant lady and the man that hit them with his car, live in the same compound

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Mypeople2(m): 9:05am On Dec 27, 2022
headboyprince:

Let us be Frank with ourselves .This country is a mess.The rich and those in power do what they like and get away with it.Provided you have the money nobody sees whatever wrong you do .If half what is done here by the rich is done in abroad, they would have be killed or imprisoned.Politicians assassinate their opponents during election periods yet they they are not prosecuted. The poor are oppressed yet nobody is saying anything about it.
Our resources are far more than what other countries have, yet they are doing far above us because of greed and mismanagement.Bokoharam has been terrorising us for more than a decade yet the soldiers are in the cities terrizing the poor.This country is messed up my people
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by alphabbey1(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2022
Mypeople2:
Let us be Frank with ourselves .This country is a mess.The rich and those in power do what they like and get away with it.Provided you have the money nobody sees whatever wrong you do .
You can commit crime and get away with it in America if you are rich and connected.....

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Mypeople2(m): 9:19am On Dec 27, 2022
ekerintee:
Nigeria is a sweet place to leave when u have money.When u are rich .I stay abroad and can tell you that categorically that you spend less in Nigeria and you enjoy the fresh air , weather , food , friendly people , less stress when you have money.Abroad,you have to worked really very hard to pay bills monthly.You pay rent monthly abroad, u can spend up to 700k euros or more buying a small house and with that amount, you know what kind of house you can buy in Nigeria.In Nigeria , you can set up any kind of business because you are a citizen ,abroad you can be restricted in some business because you are not or a native indigene.Abroad is a huzzling ground when you are young ,as you get older,home is the best.mypoint of view anyway

Funnily all these ones you mention cannot escape death by reckless driver or armed robbers or assassins.So even if you are rich insecurity is still your problem
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Mypeople2(m): 9:23am On Dec 27, 2022
alphabbey1:

You can commit crime and get away with it in America if you are rich and connected.....
Wow! But it won't be as bad as in Nigeria.That means this world is something else
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Athemisia: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2022
Gerrard59:

Fair points. However, not everyone who japa'd went to the US. So, the student debt of a thing or mass shootings sounds like Greek to a Nigerian settled in the Netherlands. Also, other West African countries or even few in Southern Africa offer almost similar advantages and are very safe when compared to Nigeria. My major issue with Nigeria is insecurity. I don't like a place where the elites aren't doing anything about the insecurity situation even if I am tucked inside Banana Island.
You of speak of insecurities in southern kaduna so much in your post...
Is southern kaduna the only place to live in Nigeria?
Since the breakout of Boko Haram, there have never been any report of attack in the southern part of Nigeria.
There are lots of safe places to stay in the southern part of Nigeria (e.g Delta, Bayelsa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, and Edo).
Even the northern part (e.g Gombe, Abuja, Niger, Taraba and nassarawa.)
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by HRprof: 9:49am On Dec 27, 2022
hardon1:

I dont care how u understand it. If anyone believe there is not benefit of being rich or living rich. Try poverty. Simple!
Learn to stick to topic
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by baretalk: 10:05am On Dec 27, 2022
Mypeople2:
My guy I am telling you from experience. Someone close to me what hit by a man driving too fast .My guy was was not even driving, he was standing close to his car.The man not only hit my guy, he also killed a pregnant lady and two other ladies.The man came and asked how much he is going to pay for us to sweep the case under the carpet.My guy is dead now leaving little kids behind. This is what is happening in Nigeria now.As a rich you can kill anybody and go away with it provided you have the money.
Do you know the funniest thing? The pregnant lady and the man that hit them with his car, live in the same compound
Why don't you help them get a human rights lawyer, sometimes it's ignorant of the people, not the fault of the system. You need to pursue the issue. Human rights lawyer, press, we have seen how people get justice just through social media and nairaland. In Lagos if you kill people like that and try to escape, you can be lynched when caught. It's not that easy.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by alphabbey1(m): 10:11am On Dec 27, 2022
Mypeople2:
Wow! But it won't be as bad as in Nigeria.That means this world is something else
For example, even with hardened evidence, it took nationwide protest to convict killers of George Floyd

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Babysho(m): 10:18am On Dec 27, 2022
Jakumo:

In 2017 I had the privilege of visiting the river-front house of a CEO with national responsibilities and global influence resident in Canada, and noted that there was NO house help of any sort in or outside his modest middle-class suburban residence. The CEO cooked his own meals and occasionally his wife shared that duty. This is the only truly wealthy man I have the privilege of knowing and visiting outside Nigeria, and it was there I arrived at the conclusion that outside of Hollywood, it is unusual for even the wealthy to hire chefs or full-time cleaners.

In Nigeria, a corporate head of similar status would have a battalion of personal employees at his beck and call. The understated humility of the Canadians in general was a revelation to me. During that same visit to Canada, while walking along the street passing Ottawa's Houses of Parliament, my host stopped to introduce me to a well-dressed pedestrian hurrying past at a brisk walk, alone.

After the sharply-suited man had walked off unaccompanied by anyone, my host stunned me by informing me I had just shaken hands with Canada's Minister of Finance, a billionaire in his own right before assuming office. Even after many years living in America, I experienced culture shock that day, realizing that this man who walked ALONE down a street of his capital city, with NO entourage in sight, was none other than the nation's freaking Minister of Finance.

It's nothing special really because despite capitalism, elites in white countries have created a level of equity that allows peace to reign. Minimum wage is really good, there are job opportunities, food is affordable and there is a sense that the commonwealth is shared equally. There's no money craze.

Our African leaders are still mentally enslaved. They think of themselves as colonial masters and that their fellow Africans are their enemies/slaves. People are hungry and angry, they carry convoy. Road is bad, they use Highlander with suspension etc what's funny is the elites can still enjoy these things and also create equity but it's the mental slavery.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 10:25am On Dec 27, 2022
deavicky:
you can't even comprehend what you read. I think I'm wasting my time here.
im the one wasting my time talking to a dull criminal like you... you should be thankful im even talking to you... bullshit lipsrsealed
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gerrard59(m): 10:44am On Dec 27, 2022
BigName101:
You don't sound intelligent, sorry.

Yeah, the intelligent one is the one who bought a car even when he did not need one yet complains about the misery the car has brought upon him.

Delay gratification? No
Contentment? Mbanu

So much for an intelligent man.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gerrard59(m): 10:47am On Dec 27, 2022
shinealight:

Okay….Namibia is still an African country where the indigenes look like us but there’s really no replacement for your place of birth where unseen “Hidden Connections” have situated you as your place of incarnation on this Earth.
Life is not about whether you can get rich or not, neither is it about what we describe as “Enjoyment”. It is all about maturing through experiencing…..both pleasurable and otherwise distasteful experiencing count towards our maturing!
f incarnation and make the best of it while doing your best to improve the things that make you feel like running away!

I don't have similar thoughts as you do. As it is, I have not been to my father's or mother's villages because it is pointless to do so. Home is where I make money and find happiness. I no get that time for it must be a place my parents come from.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gerrard59(m): 10:51am On Dec 27, 2022
Athemisia:

You of speak of insecurities in southern kaduna so much in your post...
Is southern kaduna the only place to live in Nigeria?
Since the breakout of Boko Haram, there have never been any report of attack in the southern part of Nigeria.
There are lots of safe places to stay in the southern part of Nigeria (e.g Delta, Bayelsa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, and Edo).
Even the northern part (e.g Gombe, Abuja, Niger, Taraba and nassarawa.)

However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them.

So, what about travellers from Abuja to Kaduna? Won't they pass through the southern part of Kaduna? So, because I stay in Edo and enjoy life, those in Southern Kaduna can go to hell?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Kelechi009: 11:09am On Dec 27, 2022
somehow:

Labor is also cheap in China, yet they are about the biggest economy in the world.

What is the minimum wage in China and what is the minimum wage in Nigeria?

Atleast use your education bro. Its not difficult.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Jakumo(m): 11:22am On Dec 27, 2022
Babysho:

It's nothing special really because despite capitalism, elites in white countries have created a level of equity that allows peace to reign. Minimum wage is really good, there are job opportunities, food is affordable and there is a sense that the commonwealth is shared equally. There's no money craze.

Our African leaders are still mentally enslaved. They think of themselves as colonial masters and that their fellow Africans are their enemies/slaves. People are hungry and angry, they carry convoy. Road is bad, they use Highlander with suspension etc what's funny is the elites can still enjoy these things and also create equity but it's the mental slavery.

You have made an important observation, namely that many African leaders harbor a strong motive to comprehensively destroy the economy of their own countries via embezzlement and rampant corruption, in order to keep the population perpetually hungry, due to the understanding that hungry people do NOT have the capacity to understand the larger picture of who precisely is responsible for their plight and state of utter hopelessness.

Hungry people have one concern only, and that is to establish where their very next meal will come from. In that state of hunger-induced diminished consciousness, the adulation and undying loyalty of such hungry people can be assured simply by tossing them a few coins, taken out of the millions of dollars stolen by those members of the political elite that directly benefit from the regime of corruption that they assiduously maintain to preserve as the status quo until hell freezes over.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by deavicky(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2022
headboyprince:
im the one wasting my time talking to a dull criminal like you... you should be thankful im even talking to you... bullshit lipsrsealed
lol this are words from a povert and an inferior person.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Kelechi009: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2022
emmaodet:

There is a reason my abroadians are always calculating their currency to nigeria to come and flex when they come home.
Such money is chicken change over there.
Many guys abroad doing dirty jobs and combining 2 jobs are buying lands in high brow areas in nigeria like Lekki but over there, they are more or less a pauper.

Whatever life you think you flex over there or your standard of living, it cost far far less to do that over here.
Finish

I'm not surprised nobody argued with you on this thread, the Japa supremacist. This is literally the number one reason people travel but let everyone on this thread be lying to themselves about better life. If Naira was close to Dollar rate, most people won't step outside.

Also the people who do dirty jobs abroad cannot still afford to buy lands in high brew areas in Lekki oh, make anybody no deceive you.

I have someone disturbing me right now about UK care work because of the money involved, If no be money, why e go wan go UK go do care?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Jakumo(m): 11:45am On Dec 27, 2022
Gerrard59:

So, what about travellers from Abuja to Kaduna? Won't they pass through the southern part of Kaduna? So, because I stay in Edo and enjoy life, those in Southern Kaduna can go to hell?

Gerrard, you have just touched on the origin of that idiotic phrase that is currently parroted in Nigeria at regular intervals - " It is well"

In Nigerian parlance, saying "It is well" as a response to news of any calamity that befalls others can be translated thus. "It is well" because myself and my immediate family are not affected by the latest terrorist act, car crash, mob riot, kidnapping or murder, and furthermore "it is well" because the surnames of the latest published crime victims indicate they are from a different tribe and religious inclination than myself, so phuck them all, thank you Lord.

In short, "it is well" means I do not, and will not ever give a flying phuck about anyone but me, myself, and I, so indeed it is well if all others are consumed by terrorist attacks, vehicular pileups, communal strife, disease or homicide. In simple terms, phuck them all since I simply could not care less, given that "it is well" at all points within 100 yards of where I stand, thank you Jeeesus.

It is well indeed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by somehow: 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2022
Kelechi009:

What is the minimum wage in China and what is the minimum wage in Nigeria?

Atleast use your education bro. Its not difficult.

Imagine someone asking someone else to use their education.

If you comprehended my statement, you wouldn't come up with the above question.

Labor being cheap has nothing to do with the "point" you were trying to make, hence my rebuttal.

Pick your next response carefully.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Kelechi009: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2022
somehow:

Children of nowadays.

What a bleak future.

Now run along, with your somehow brain.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2022
deavicky:
lol this are words from a povert and an inferior person.
abegi shift from road before i brush you tongue
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Mypeople2(m): 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
baretalk:

Why don't you help them get a human rights lawyer, sometimes it's ignorant of the people, not the fault of the system. You need to pursue the issue. Human rights lawyer, press, we have seen how people get justice just through social media and nairaland. In Lagos if you kill people like that and try to escape, you can be lynched when caught. It's not that easy.
Before people could do anything, soldiers were already around to rescue him.We spoke to a former deputy commissioner of police he said the only thing is to settle with millions. We don't have any human right individual that wants to take up the case. The lawyers around are saying they should settle.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by baretalk: 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2022
Mypeople2:
Before people could do anything, soldiers were already around to rescue him.We spoke to a former deputy commissioner of police he said the only thing is to settle with millions. We don't have any human right individual that wants to take up the case. The lawyers around are saying they should settle.
Perhaps the family wants some money and setttle the case, that happens too. Perhaps it was an accident. If it's premeditated, that is something else.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ijora Olopa Bridge To Be Closed Immediately - FG / Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / Self-driving Buses Where You Pay By Scanning Your Palm,Are Now In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.