Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? (36136 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Mypeople2(m): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.
In addition you have the opportunity of having soldiers and the police officers as your security men.You can even shoot anybody or hit anybody with your car and pay family members off since you have the money ....and no human defence lawyer will cough because you can decide to pay the lawyer off or kill the lawyer if he or she refuses. That is what is invoke in this country.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by baretalk: 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
honestly dey do but as at it best if not we will not be having Nigeria state by now .The Nigeria Armforce is among the most well ethnically diverse organisation in Nigeria example 300 officers graduate from NDA and it around 8 per state this group progress to be commanders. So if the south east have 5 state x 8 = 40 officer while the northwest 7 x 8 =56 officer this 56 officer from the northwest are a diverse group ( Hausa, kafta, zuru,fulani ) them many in the south are more interested in professional role in the army like finance , procurement medicine while his northern counterpart is in the Infantry . Go and look at the graduation list again ! For recruit south east don't fill there quota in police and army. ( only navy and air force)
No mind the enemies within, we know them by how they disparage the military and abuse them here. Stupid ingrates, an army fighting so they keep enjoying their freedoms.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by baretalk: 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
Mypeople2:
In addition you have the opportunity of having soldiers and the police officers as your security men.You can even shoot anybody or hit anybody with your car and pay family members off since you have the money ....and no human defence lawyer will cough because you can decide to pay the lawyer off or kill the lawyer if he or she refuses. That is what is invoke in this country.
Not as easy as you state here. Get real.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Smartguyboy(m): 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2022
headboyprince:

Good jobs- people do complain about they job only immigrate accept any kind of job to survive can a phd holder in Nigeria work as a primary school teacher or PhD holder as a truck driver the answer is No.
good roads: Dey still have back road in abroad Dey don’t trash it the way we talk about it.
security, : they are more crime in USA than Nigeria some state alone have high crime rate than naija as a country Dey rape old woman in USA ��.
24/7 light, : some place have steady light if you can afford it light is not free abroad now the cold is much many people will die because they can’t afford the bill.check out what is happening in Texas many dead already.
less noise, : lol
water, : we can drink ordinary bore hole water many countries you can’t drink Dey water if it not treated.
insurance, : Dey have insurance companies in Nigeria can u do it?
good education,: if not Ivy League forget it you will still struggle that why Dey love to higher Nigeria doctor because we are the best thanks to Nigeria school.
better health care, : why do Dey politicians keep promising of good healthcare? Everything good in life involves money.
enough food...: Nigeria have better food.

the list is endless...
It’s obvious you don’t you don’t know anything about abroad

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by AngelicBeing: 9:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Same with me. I find all these debates about Nigeria quite funny. My experience when I moved back to Nigeria after 20 years in the USA, well that's all the reality I need to know what is what.

Those who love living in Nigeria have their reasons. I may one day understand exactly what they see.
True cool
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ema2020: 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Hopium: 9:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
vislabraye:

With enough money, you can be secure. But, come to think of it, is Nigeria more unsafe than US or UK?
There's mass shooting in US (at least once a year), gang crime, police shootings etc. UK also has it's own case of violence. Not saying Naija is safer, though. But if you can afford to live in a rich neighborhood, you will only hear of it but won't even see it.
Btw, UK and US are overrated. There are other cool European nations.

Can you mention some please? I'm currently doing research.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
deavicky:
you think it's about my heart or what is happening in the country?. Irrespective of any country or anywhere you are, you can not even be as peaceful as I am. Regard regretting being blackman is not because what the black man do but inferiority complex is ur problem.
No its because of the way they think... No wonder your politicians rape you guys silly in the a** hole.. grin I'm a white man by heart...tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by vislabraye(m): 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

US mass shooting is at least 2 to 3 times per week, their media is doing overtime to prevent most of the news from going mainstream everytime

So so many unreported or underreported shootings yet the still keep turning down bills to disarm non security peps

They are even overwoke to claim guns don't kill, that it's people that kill which I usually reply that everyone should be legalize to own nuclear weapons after all weapons don't kill

I was even generous to say once a year. I'm not even talking about gang war which is common.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by vislabraye(m): 10:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
Hopium:

Can you mention some please? I'm currently doing research.

If you're rich in Naija, you have access to lots and lots of babes just like someone said. Just imagine the number of corpers that go for service every year.
In Naija, you can have affordable labour. You can get yourself a driver, a gateman or a househelp for next to nothing. Try and hire a househelp or a driver in Yankee and tell me your experience.
In Naija, people will worship you for a few change.
You can live in a highbrow area with good security (policemen ).
With good cash, you can buy your way out of trouble. The law is made for poor men.
As a man, when you get married here, your wife has no choice but to submit to you. She will worship you and be ready to do anything for you.
With money, you can still have a good time. There are places you can visit. You can travel either home or abroad.
The list is endless. But the key is to have enough money. Just look at our politicians for instance.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Hopium: 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2022
vislabraye:

If you're rich in Naija, you have access to lots and lots of babes just like someone said. Just imagine the number of corpers that go for service every year.
In Naija, you can have affordable labour. You can get yourself a driver, a gateman or a househelp for next to nothing. Try and hire a househelp or a driver in Yankee and tell me your experience.
In Naija, people will worship you for a few change.
You can live in a highbrow area with good security (policemen ).
With good cash, you can buy your way out of trouble. The law is made for poor men.
As a man, when you get married here, your wife has no choice but to submit to you. She will worship you and be ready to do anything for you.
With money, you can still have a good time. There are places you can visit. You can travel either home or abroad.
The list is endless. But the key is to have enough money. Just look at our politicians for instance.

Thanks. I didn't frame my question well. I meant to ask for names of European countries that are better than the UK and US.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by deavicky(m): 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
headboyprince:

No its because of the way they think... No wonder your politicians rape you guys silly in the a** hole.. grin I'm a white man by heart...tongue
what are u even saying. You can never be a white man irrespective of that u do . You are still a black man do allow inferiority complex turn you to something else. The white are no way different from u. It is just ur mind set.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Hopium: 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
I pondered this question as I laid down on Lagos Ibadan Expressway at the hands of Mr. Akinwale Ogunmodede who hit me and ran away. For all returnees like me please have an absolute contingency for emergency healthcare.

I’m very lucky to be alive and eternally thankful. Many returnees are not so lucky.

Even the medical professionals will “size you up” and bill you accordingly.

The moment I read "Mr. Akinwale Ogunmodede" I remember coming across your post on twitter.

I never knew you own this moniker. The legendary Egunmogaji!!!

I thank God for sparing your life.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by somehow: 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

My unrequested opinion.

Die any idea of moving to Nigeria.

Retire to your home country and at best come to Nigeria for vacations.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by somehow: 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
I pondered this question as I laid down on Lagos Ibadan Expressway at the hands of Mr. Akinwale Ogunmodede who hit me and ran away. For all returnees like me please have an absolute contingency for emergency healthcare.

I’m very lucky to be alive and eternally thankful. Many returnees are not so lucky.

Even the medical professionals will “size you up” and bill you accordingly.

Wow.. Egun of all people.. Hope all is now well?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by somehow: 11:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I hear you loud and clear. I’ll never ever ride a bike on Nigerian roads nor partake in any high risk endeavors here in Nigeria.

I’ve learnt a serious lesson and given a second chance and I’m never taking it for granted.

I appreciate you.

So sad to read.

My own case is more of the judiciary. It's for the highest bidder.

No justice in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by KingClown(m): 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
pansophist:

Sweet. Let me add to this.

A sense of belonging, closer to family and friends, no psychological burden of being racially conscious (eg not doubting if you couldn't get a job/house/partner because of your race).

social know-how (you know someone that knows someone that can help you get something done), your type is the default (eg the president, governor/soldier looks and talk like you).

No romantic visibility (immigrants are typically romantically invincible), not being too self-aware (also known as "double consciousness" by the legend psychologist Web du Bois), no racism.

Home may be bad, but it's not hell. Moving abroad is just transition from one difficulties to another, so pick your poison and carry with grace the one you can bear.

He be like say I no go leave trenches o
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by pansophist(m): 12:09am On Dec 27, 2022
KingClown:

He be like say I no go leave trenches o

You no know say trenches sweet before? See this man o. grin

Life is not about the material and physical reality, but it's lived immaterially and spiritually. So if you see those shiny buildings, winter jackets and burgers, the spiritual hunger de starve under.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by armyofone(m): 1:23am On Dec 27, 2022
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nolevel666: 1:24am On Dec 27, 2022
hardon1:
This kind of question doesn't need answers. Just be poor and the difference will be clear before your eyes

Poster, give out all your possessions. I mean everything to charity and come start life in a face me I face you resident where toilets and bathroom are shared. Where you draw water from a well used by 100 other people

With a job/business or mean of less than 2$/day. Where you will be sick but go to chemist instead instead of proper hospital because you can afford the cost of healthcare

Where you trek 5 kilometers to and fro work daily just to save extra N3000/month for light bill or rent. Where you can't afford a decent meal so don't go bankrupt before the month end

Where you have a loved one sick and dying but you can't afford to take her to hospital or pay for prescribed drugs by a doctor at a general hospital

Where as a young man, you can't approach a woman you like just because you can't afford an outing that will cost N2000

Where As a family after cooking soup, you will add water to it so that it will serve the family for the designated days

Where you put on singlet until it turns to shimi... Just because you can't afford a new one. Where your hard buy cloth untill the one you got turn and worn out

Where you have phone but sometimes can't afford airtime and you- a mature man flashing people so they can call you back

Where someone delebrately trample on your right in public space and tells you "you can't do nothing" - and offcause you do noting just because you can't afford the cost of litigation

My guy... I can go on and on...
There is absolutely nothing glorious about poverty

You said it all brother.

What an average joe faces in nigeria.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by khalids: 1:25am On Dec 27, 2022
PrettyBolu:

I am sure you were not allowed in class. Your education was really bad. You cannot put words together correctly. You can not spell correctly. Your grammar is bad. Which region in Nigeria did you get this kind of terrible education?
haba ...be kind....not everyone is fortunate enough to get a good academic foundation.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gerrard59(m): 1:32am On Dec 27, 2022
shinealight:

The chief benefit of living in Nigeria as a black person (whether or not you’re rich) is that you feel that you’re a free human being like the next fellow and you can claim equal rights like any other person. The sky is your limit and you have the confidence to aspire to be anything you want without being treated like a second class or even third class citizen.
Living in Africa as a black person is a huge benefit that cannot really be quantified in monetary terms.
Your Soul simply feels free to soar aloft in your own land and within the space which is your Creator’s endowment! wink wink

I understand the psychological feeling, and that is the reason I included Namibia. From the responses, what can be enjoyed in Nigeria can also be enjoyed in Namibia which is way safer. Thus, I will rather be rich in Namibia than in Nigeria.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by PrettyBolu(f): 1:32am On Dec 27, 2022
khalids:

haba ...be kind....not everyone is fortunate enough to get a good academic foundation.

I am blunt to him because he is part of the people who wants the status quo in Nigeria to continue
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gerrard59(m): 1:42am On Dec 27, 2022
I appreciate all the responses, including the ones that said I am a security man in the US grin and the tribal slur that I am an IPOB because I don't believe in the Fulanised Nigerian army (what if I am from Kajuru nko?)

Hopefully, this thread would serve as a template for moneyed folks in the abroad who plan or wish to return to Nigeria someday.

Additionally, the responses have proven my belief that the greatest achievement of black men especially Nigerian men is to dangle their smelly preek around while chanting alfa meils alfa meils alfa meils!!! If you read through, very few suggested these rich people should try to change the system for the better. I mentioned insecurity as a major issue even if I am not affected, but rather than suggest these moneyed folks try to change the system so that the farmers in Zango-Kataf can cultivate their crops in peace, they suggested hiring security personnel as the antidote to insecurity. When I said Nigerian men have failed their women, I was not lying. The responses prove it.

The average black person esp man is inherently greedy, wicked, shortsighted, and a poor planner. Thus, I don't believe black people can build a functioning society nor can they manage one if given on a platter of gold. The ones in Bermuda, Bahamas etc are exceptions, not the norm.

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gerrard59(m): 2:03am On Dec 27, 2022
ratiken:
The rich is Nigeria don’t even know how to enjoy their wealth. Mostly liqour, women and status activities.

What happens to exploring the globe in a yatch?
What happens to traveling and learning other cultures?

What exactly is the enjoyment?

To be fair, enjoyment is subjective. After all, few Chinese elites are interested in learning about the cultures of South American countries or travelling too far from their communities or dominated areas. However, the Chinese and Japanese elites have created functioning societies for their people to thrive, something black Africans have not and cannot do.

That is the major difference between rich black Africans and rich people from other races.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gerrard59(m): 2:10am On Dec 27, 2022
eben97:
been an insider , do you know how many uniform and local viigilante that evil desert called bama has consumed?, i have mourned personally my own blood brothers, mates ,and senior men ever since this mess began.i just weep over the level of the insecererity in the lives of our leaders at the helm of affairs.its like a demon takes over us ,once we take over offices

My sympathies, but your compatriots believe the solution is hiring private security personnel to protect themselves and those in Bama can go to hell. Whereas Singaporean elites will ensure those in Woodlands live a safe life even though they stay in Bukit Timah.

Let any cretin tell me that black people can create a functioning society and I will show the person this thread. Wee just don't have it. It is not in us.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Tradepunter2: 2:14am On Dec 27, 2022
Men forget this crap.... Life is enjoyed by travelling and meeting new people

Niaja at this point doesn't have peace.... As at 2015 I could travel to every corners of the north.... Now you can't

Rich men I know get foreign passports...... Na wetin I use know say you when nu get anything you are on your own.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gerrard59(m): 2:16am On Dec 27, 2022
BigName101:
I can relate. When I newly got here, I was living with a friend I wasn't comfortable so I wished I'd be able to rent and live in my own apartment, I finally did yet i wasn't fulfilled cos I didn't have a car; I didn't like the fact that I rode on a bicycle now I bought a car thinking my worries would disappear in fact, na now the worries multiply. This life ehnnnn

You need to learn contentment. That is a personal issue, not with your environment. When I was in Nigeria, I never fancied driving because it was too stressful, and it costs a lot to maintain a product one does not often use (I rarely went out). Today, I am staying in a place where the public transport works seamlessly, and almost everyone uses it regardless of their income status. Children of the rich and poor ride bicycles, ditto adults. These people have money to buy the best cars, in fact, when they own cars, they own the very best. But riding bicycle does not mean one is poor or unfulfilled.

Nigeria fits people like you, just like the buddy on Christmas day.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gerrard59(m): 2:19am On Dec 27, 2022
HRprof:

Why all these nacking of babes talks everywhere on this thread Is that what Nigerian men are good at wink later una go dey console una self say women need am pass . Nonsense grin

When I argue that Nigerian men's greatest achievement is to vagabond around with their smelly preek chanting alfa meils, I know wetin I dey talk. Naturally, men desire sex way more than women (effects of testosterone). But the ignorant and stoopid Nigerian men don't know this and argue otherwise. It is one of the reasons am a full supporter of side chicks and hookup babes, they should drain the purses of Nigerian men as they love sex more than anything else.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Kelechi009: 2:48am On Dec 27, 2022
ednut1:
2 House maids 20k each, gate man 20k, laundry boy 2k, driver 35k. Police escort, stepping on toes with no consequences, easy access to women and sex without any chance of he raped me story, access to government contracts, access to political power and class, no feminist laws in marriage. The black man is inherently wicked and thrives on wickedness.

THIS IS A LIE, BABA IJESHA IS IN JAIL RIGHT NOW.

There is nothing wicked about a country having cheap labor, our income is cheap, thats why our labor is cheap as well. And this talking down on Nigeria. Calm down please.

India has the same issues and Indians always go back home to set up companies. So chill the fvck out.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by TWoods(m): 3:03am On Dec 27, 2022
baretalk:

No mind the enemies within, we know them by how they disparage the military and abuse them here. Stupid ingrates, an army fighting so they keep enjoying their freedoms.

This is a shameless copy of the slogan Americans use to describe their military. I don’t think there is any Nigerian who thinks the Nigerian army is fighting for our freedoms. What freedoms exactly?

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by DMerciful(m): 4:56am On Dec 27, 2022
Standard of living in the West cannot be replicated in Nigeria no matter the money you have
emmaodet:
There is a difference between the developed countries and 3rd world countries.

3rd world countries are good to relax and enjoy more because they are cheaper to live with small money compared to the developed world.
Most of my captains who are British, Americans, Russians always go to cheaper countries like Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Nigeria etc for vacations because they get more value with little dollars they take there.

With 500k per month salary for a family of 4 (husband, wife and 2 kids) in Nigeria for example, you can live in a decent 3 bedroom flat and a better life than someone earning equivalent in abroad.
Building a 3 bedroom bungalow cost less than someone abroad with lesser pressure to work.
Your work rate will be lower to sustain such lifestyle than even someone renting a studio abroad.

There is a reason my abroadians are always calculating their currency to nigeria to come and flex when they come home.
Such money is chicken change over there.
Many guys abroad doing dirty jobs and combining 2 jobs are buying lands in high brow areas in nigeria like Lekki but over there, they are more or less a pauper.

Whatever life you think you flex over there or your standard of living, it cost far far less to do that over here.
Finish

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Prototype And Live Pictures Of Yaba BRT Terminus / Xmas: Travelers Should Be Wary Of This Danger On Interstate Highways (PHOTOS) / Sergeant Kabiru Musa Returns N1.2m Found At An Accident Scene In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.