Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church (45492 Views)

Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. / Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by SugarGirl44(f): 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2022
All I see is his cuteness.
Nothing concern me whether he go church or not, it’s your heart that matters.
Church/mosque na for socializing.

1 Like

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Bodexinvest: 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
Religion.....hmmmmmm
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by SugarGirl44(f): 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
drlateef:
I am sure, he finds bible disagreeable as well. He just pick Quran and read, his life will never be the same again

Hehehehe....you wan complicate matter.
He’ll turn to a fanatic, pls leave him for us like that.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Oxala17: 6:09pm On Dec 26, 2022

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by sadiyamuhammad: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRszdwUciiw

Christmas Day: Fans Scream in Video As Wizkid Shows Up to Perform at Billionaire Tony Elumelu’s Party
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by SugarGirl44(f): 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
springlex:
Just be prepared because storms is coming.Hope you ll be able to withstand it alone

Shit happens in life whether you go to church or not.
Storms are a part of life.
The woman that got killed yesterday was on her way back from church, that shows that no pastor can change your destiny.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Karleb(m): 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
Actually, it is very very easy to stop attending church these days.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by HardMirror(m): 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
havenz:
You go or you no go, you worship God or you no worship, it is written in the bible that ...He will command the stones to worship Him.

For your mind, you no reach to cause bad market for church o.

Happy gifting day to all Nairalanders who strongly believe that 2023 will be a year of prosperity.
he will command stones to worship him because is immature and needs worship badly else he would cry. What a god, a god behaving like a child that needs attention badly.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Starhearts: 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
Church na scam in 9ja..

Covid 19 don open many pple eyes
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Blupen(m): 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2022
emperordelis:
This is exact where a lot of Nigerian youths stand right now and the numbers keep growing...We admit there's God,but we also want to believe we can find,keep,worship and communicate with him without having to go to any church
You don't know what you are saying "there is no God" wake the hell up bro
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Goodman247: 6:17pm On Dec 26, 2022
Serving God is a personal race o, you are not there to serve pastor or do eye service o
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Dade555: 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2022
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by lotkyes200: 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2022
Forsake not the gathering if the Saint as it is the manner of some.

Hmmm so you are among the some.

1 Like

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
Omniman:
grin Everyone who no dey go church again get their reasons.

But church babes badt, the holier they seem the badder they are. grin

If you know, you know wink

This is wrong. This same Church is the cradle of liberty and the giver of freedom most enjoy today. Every Tom, Dick and Harry just give their reason and label it Church this, Church that! As if all Churches are bad. What about the good ones? What makes up a Church?
Isn't it people?
Timini Egbuson probably mingled with some set of people that doesn't flow with him. They may be as he described them or it's Timi himself that has problems.

2 Likes

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Ted4real: 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
You will feel betrayed if you are there because of people or congregation. You can absorb every I'll treatment or negligence and focus on your intimate relationship with God. Boycotting church doesn't make sense at all. They don't do personal relationship in the house you have basically to something else.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by itumafriday(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
What exactly are you trying to say?

1 Like

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by SPAMBOX7: 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok haha haha, I found this guy funny, he didn't even explain how his church betrayed him but just beating about the Bush, this is just like saying I wouldn't go to school because most of my lecturers are womaniser or wicked... if your purpose of going to church is not to fellowship with brethren and get closer to God ,u will only feel betrayed and unloved with time because judas was among the apostles jesus choosed, u can't have a good faith and relationship with God ,if you don't go to church..faith comes by hearing God's word..backsliding is always backup with tales and excuses...going to church is to seek God not human beings
Chose

Now to your post. Why go to church when your next door neighbor who is a deacon in church is into fetishism. Abi Precious that is the choir mistress but is into runs. How you feel when you find out the choir girl with the most soothing voice is the one you just met and fvcked on tinder. I no Wan go too deep. But that's few of the reasons I paused going to church.

It's better to be a heathen with good intentions towards humanity than be a church rat with an evil heart. Talk about wolves in sheep's clothing.

1 Like

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by ayoade2: 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2022
You stopped going to church cos you really wasn't saved. You were taught the Christ that gives people money, fame and power. Now you have lots of it, without Christ, why did you need him anymore?

But one day, you will truly encounter Christ, get saved and recieve eternal life. And you will go to church just because you want to know him more and love him and fellowship with fellow saints who are genuinely saved and growing up spiritually. Not for money, fame, or power, nor any carnal thing they desire of Christ. But Christ only.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by wehla(m): 6:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok haha haha, I found this guy funny, he didn't even explain how his church betrayed him but just beating about the Bush, this is just like saying I wouldn't go to school because most of my lecturers are womaniser or wicked... if your purpose of going to church is not to fellowship with brethren and get closer to God ,u will only feel betrayed and unloved with time because judas was among the apostles jesus choosed, u can't have a good faith and relationship with God ,if you don't go to church..faith comes by hearing God's word..backsliding is always backup with tales and excuses...going to church is to seek God not human beings
You mean just any church?
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by FireUpNow(m): 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2022
You are not serving man but God. God is not a man but a spiritual being. Read the bible to benefit and teach yourself, don't be an illiterate of the bible so that those teachers of devil's philosophy will not get you lost.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Ishilove: 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
This one is just making excuses for his wayward lifestyle
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Papichulostunne(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
OP God is not a man..
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Akalia(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
emperordelis:
This is exact where a lot of Nigerian youths stand right now and the numbers keep growing...We admit there's God,but we also want to believe we can find,keep,worship and communicate with him without having to go to any church
Exactly, as a believer (not a Christian) and as a free thinker too I am of the strong opinion that you need not church to be close to God or be loved by God.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Omniman(m): 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
Sweetplum:

This is wrong. This same Church is the cradle of liberty and the giver of freedom most enjoy today. Every Tom, Dick and Harry just give their reason and label it Church this, Church that! As if all Churches are bad. What about the good ones? What makes up a Church?
Isn't it people?
Timini Egbuson probably mingled with some set of people that doesn't flow with him. They may be as he described them or it's Timi himself that has problems.

There are good churches and there are bad churches, what they have in common is that they are human.

Humans are dynamic beings, they change with time , a good human can become a bad human and a bad human can become a good human.

The same humans make up the good churches and the bad ones.

So ti ye wink
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by SoftP(m): 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
Oduduwa707:

Hear dis fool... angry

Àgbo
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Amayabor1: 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
drlateef:
I am sure, he finds bible disagreeable as well. He just pick Quran and read, his life will never be the same again

A follower of the religion of peace violence has spoken! undecided
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by emperordelis(m): 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
Akalia:
Exactly, as a believer (not a Christian) and as a free thinker too I am of the strong opinion that you need not church to be close to God or be loved by God.

Exactly!!!!
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by emperordelis(m): 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
Blupen:
You don't know what you are saying "there is no God" wake the hell up bro

If I blow ya eye now,dem go say I wicked

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Amayabor1: 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
HardMirror:
he will command stones to worship him because is immature and needs worship badly else he would cry. What a god, a god behaving like a child that needs attention badly.

If the zeal with which you attack God and Christianity, you use that same zeal to work on your life, you would have gone far in life o. Don't you think so?
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by damoobaba: 6:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
Mynd44:
https://community.thenationonlineng.net/forum/why-i-stopped-attending-church-timini-egbuson?xg_source=twitter&s=08

Talking trash!!!
Anybody who goes to Church to study people's behaviour including the Pastors own will not graduate. He Will end up disappointed because what he's looking for is what he will get. NOBODY IS PERFECT in Church and that's why they came to church in the first place. Nobody owes anybody anything in Church. Your sole focus should be to hear from God through various ministers in church not to copy their lifestyle. Imagine if someone decided to STOP FOLLOWING JESUS because of JUDAS, the person will miss heaven. Face what took you to Church, which is fellowship with God.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by ekanx27(m): 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
I see no reason why people will cajole others to attend church. Once you have your personal relationship with your maker and creator, you are good to go. The church these days have lost their mission and vision of preaching the word of God and harvesting souls for Christ. What the churches are after is the tithe and offering that comes with it. Little wonder you will attend a church service and the preacher will talk more on how one should always give so that his/her barn will be full. The church that was suppose to be the storehouse where the motherless, orphans, widows and the less privileged should go for succor has now turned a place of business where the pastors cash out from the gullible followers who think they are giving unto God when they can channel the assistance to those that need it. They will rather give to the pastor who is sitting in riches than giving to the needy. Eye services has taken a huge toll on the members of the church.

I attended a friend's freedom party as an auxiliary nurse. The church she attends came to Grace the occasion. The church anchored the program and the moderator(a church member) by the instruction of the pastor announced that they want to take offering for the girl(nurse). They said I you want to assist the girl, make sure you drop the money on the offering box because there will be no other giving. The people that came thought it is the money they want to give to the girl. That's how they started putting the money in bunch inside the offering box. After the party, the church took everything as church offering.

The rest na story, but pastor head break Sha courtesy the girls brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / Why Has Pre-marital Sex Become A Norm In Our Society Today? / Prophet Olagunju's 2017 Prophecies: "Atiku Will Defeat Buhari In 2019 & More"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.