Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church (45520 Views)

Why I Stopped Closing My Eyes During Prayers. / Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by ComeToJesus: 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
A saved person can fall back into the world. That's what happened to you. You still need to be exhorted and taught by teachers of the word.

Self righteousness won't help you find God. You can't forsake the assembly of the brethren.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by jessylaurel(f): 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Amayabor1: 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
Blupen:
You don't know what you are saying "there is no God" wake the hell up bro

You believe there is no God. Another believe there is God. Leave hin with his belief. You live with your belief. Abi you wan force am to believe wetin you believe? Na so Islamic Jihad take start o. You be Jihadist? grin
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by HardMirror(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2022
Amayabor1:

If the zeal with which you attack God and Christianity, you use that same zeal to work on your life, you would have gone far in life o. Don't you think so?
hahahaha. I have gone far and still going far. You think i am miserable? I used to be miserable, but i just keep getting breakthroughs and currently balling my life.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Preacherrr(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2022
DON'T MIND THE YOUNG MAN. HE WAS NEVER IN CHRIST IN THE FIRST PLACE TALK-LESS OF HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CHURCH. ALL I SEE HERE IS ONE OLUKN/SATAN'S BREED TRYING TO USE A SUBTLE WAY TO PAINT THE CHURCH BAD SO THAT HIS KIND CAN START SPEAKING TRASH AGAINST THE CHURCH ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
Kingpele:
Ok haha haha, I found this guy funny, he didn't even explain how his church betrayed him but just beating about the Bush, this is just like saying I wouldn't go to school because most of my lecturers are womaniser or wicked... if your purpose of going to church is not to fellowship with brethren and get closer to God ,u will only feel betrayed and unloved with time because judas was among the apostles jesus choosed, u can't have a good faith and relationship with God ,if you don't go to church..faith comes by hearing God's word..backsliding is always backup with tales and excuses...going to church is to seek God not human beings
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
Omniman:

There are good churches and there are bad churches, what they have in common is that they are human.

Humans are dynamic beings, they change with time , a good human can become a bad human and a bad human can become a good human.

The same humans make up the good churches and the bad ones.

So ti ye wink
O ye mi. But tell that to Timini Egbuson. Cos he just talked as if all Churches are bad.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Amayabor1: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
HardMirror:
hahahaha. I have gone far and still going far. You think i am miserable? I used to be miserable, but i just keep getting breakthroughs and currently balling my life.

Tell that to the dogs! grin grin
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by HardMirror(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
Amayabor1:

Tell that to the dogs! grin grin
ok
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Blupen(m): 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2022
Amayabor1:

You believe there is no God. Another believe there is God. Leave hin with his belief. You live with your belief. Abi you wan force am to believe wetin you believe? Na so Islamic Jihad take start o. You be Jihadist? grin
Lol no be about believe na about knowing the truth.......na why them bring religion to put fear of judgement day in us, nothing like that my friend okay ask yourself what if the born you for china?? you go accept Tao as your religion and believe in the creation of their own God?? lols na you be the GOD, you ignorant people
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:21pm On Dec 26, 2022
Another admittance of the fact that the church is basically empty. I’ve been there, I saw it, I experienced it firsthand. The guy is 100% correct
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Blupen(m): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2022
emperordelis:

If I blow ya eye now,dem go say I wicked
If you blow my eye i go give you my nose to blow, but i go tell you again and again no one is snooping on you, deh God na you.....open your eyes son
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by drlateef: 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
Amayabor1:

A follower of the religion of peace violence has spoken! undecided

I am not talking about the religion of IPOB? Islam is peace and nobody can stain it with evil.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Reptyle(m): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by drlateef: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
Praxis758:

Yes, he won’t remain the same because he’ll be turned a hardened jihadist

IPOB is the only jihadists around now.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by InvertedHammer: 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
/

There is nothing wrong in going to church as long as one understands that it is just a weekly social gathering where people get together to pretend like they care. The pastors/priests understand this that's why they make sure you drop every loose change in your possession before leaving. Two can play that game cool

/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok haha haha, I found this guy funny, he didn't even explain how his church betrayed him but just beating about the Bush, this is just like saying I wouldn't go to school because most of my lecturers are womaniser or wicked... if your purpose of going to church is not to fellowship with brethren and get closer to God ,u will only feel betrayed and unloved with time because judas was among the apostles jesus choosed, u can't have a good faith and relationship with God ,if you don't go to church..faith comes by hearing God's word..backsliding is always backup with tales and excuses...going to church is to seek God not human beings

Getat
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by ransomed: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
The church was blocking his hustle
He opted out to pursue his ungodly desires as church members always warn him of his friendship with the world.
Hyena is ready to attack a lonely, weak sheep, my prayer to God is to guide and guard you in your lonely road and give your life reasons to return to him. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Scientheosopher(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2022
He is a Spiritualist. Here, it means someone who practises spirituality or believes God but doesn't serve Him through a system (Church, Mosque, etc.) yet claims to be.

#For whatever reason he stopped going to church (a necessary duty in Christianity) shows that he's not a true christian.

A true christian is like Job. He never separates himself from God, no matter what.

NOTE: You can't claim to serve God and not belong to a system. It's like saying you're a student yet you don't attend a school.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Omniman(m): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2022
Sweetplum:

O ye mi. But tell that to Timini Egbuson. Cos he just talked as if all Churches are bad.

Alright, I will give him a call... Happy?
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Ebukathrone: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
There are pretenders in the church because the church is not for perfect people.
The church is supposed to be filled with people of various characters.
The church is infact a hospital.
Jesus himself mentioned that he came for the sick and not the healthy, so it is not perfect people that serves God, it is people who wants God to help them. I think we have this figured wrongly and at such expect so many healthy people in an hospital.

Secondly, claiming to have a personal relationship with God whereas you don't read the bible anymore or attend services is quite laughable, however I'm careful to judge anyone who claims to follow God at his/her own pace because we cannot verify the truth of that statement now, But time is a revealer.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Geenosko: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2022
Dude, no one cares.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Solocoin: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2022
The scripture say that the manifold wisdom of God is reveal in church and also say we should not forsake the assembly of the said. You can't have any good relationship with God if you can't keep a simple introduction. Look into God the author and finisher of our faith not any man. You can't say you have stop pursuing success because you fail the first time you try it.
Some people always have misconception when it comes to church. But won't do the same on things that is favoring them. You have not stop looking for a woman because a woman disappointed you. You have not stop eating because you eat a sour food or food Purge you etc.
Ephesians 3:9-10 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Honchoslim16(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
I'm prayin' to OGUN.....there's so much shit in the street and my past
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Blozzycj: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
The story doesn't add up ..... Trash
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Nolevel666: 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
ayoade2:
You stopped going to church cos you really wasn't saved. You were taught the Christ that gives people money, fame and power. Now you have lots of it, without Christ, why did you need him anymore?

But one day, you will truly encounter Christ, get saved and recieve eternal life. And you will go to church just because you want to know him more and love him and fellowship with fellow saints who are genuinely saved and growing up spiritually. Not for money, fame, or power, nor any carnal thing they desire of Christ. But Christ only.

Mr christ lover your mates are in other countries like china developing the latest technology for you to use.
Instead of Nigerians like you to be working towards the best, you will be there praying to your dead Gods.
Tell me when poverty will ever end in this country
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Dotman2210(m): 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
He should just shut the Bleep up....Church betrayed me yen yen,ignorant fool
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by izubext007: 8:03pm On Dec 26, 2022
Bros nal true you talk. Pretence is thier trade Mack.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Kobojunkiee: 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2022
WibusJaga:
. Even if you eventually find a perfect church, once you become a member, the church will become imperfect. cheesy
Same applies to other social clubs though. undecided
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2022
sucess001:
This generation is becoming more Godless by the day...
True fact.Godlessness shall increase the more till the Man of Lawlessness (Antichrist) is revealed.

2 Likes

Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by weljewel: 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2022
Thanks be to God Most High for sending Angels to fight for me.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by weljewel: 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
Thanks be to God Most High for sending Angels to fight for me.
Thanks be to God for delivering me from blood shed.
Thanks be to God my own God El Shaddai for recognising me as His own.
Thanks be to God for His promise of defense and that He does not lie.
Thanks be to God Most High for directing spirits to help me.
Thanks be to God for helping me to calm down and relax.
Re: Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church by SeeItSayIt: 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2022
All your writeup are trash, you didn't make any reason point throughout. All I could see there was that church made you who you are today but you're yet to know God personally.

May God help you to know Him well before it's too late 'cos obviously you're on a missed lane.

Better use this period to reconcile yourself with your maker!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Olagunju's 2017 Prophecies: "Atiku Will Defeat Buhari In 2019 & More" / Photos Of Nigerian Churches With Funny Names. / If You Are A Feminist, Don't Marry - Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.