Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,330 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk (39517 Views)

My Journey From Maiduguri To Lagos||worse Experience Ever. / Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) / Zero Visibility At Toll/7up Road, A Case For Serious Concern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2023
ghettochild:

It's easier said than done..
Especially forgetting how hard it is to get papers/,documents.
Before u know it.. that 4/5 yes is 10yrs n u never get paper
u don’t know what you’re saying. Entering as a student you can come and go as you like
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 04, 2023
histemple:

You mentioned Fvckn the highest b*tch but you forgot to add "carry the highest HIV/AIDS"

Please add it.
add it to your story cos i don’t raw dogg bitches like you
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Regex: 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
Spanishmilf:
Once they japa go Uk like this dem go start YouTube channel
Dey snap pic for snow or talk thrash say shey u still wan japa
Stupid behaviors

I have literally gotten tired of them.
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by FavouredNK: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2023
Owologbo:

Hope this your response is not for me?
I'm in Nigeria, please.

Except if you are the OP because I was only supporting what you said to the Op
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by LastProphet: 4:53pm On Jan 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

I like your honesty. Your last statement should be your pragmatism going forward. Expecting native Brits to imbibe Nigerian culture does not make sense. Anyone who is interested in his cultural practice should develop his environment so that he can practice those cultural rites/events without being obstructed.

If you are in Rome, do as the Romans.

Truly
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by armyofone(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

I like your honesty. Your last statement should be your pragmatism going forward. Expecting native Brits to imbibe Nigerian culture does not make sense. Anyone who is interested in his cultural practice should develop his environment so that he can practice those cultural rites/events without being obstructed.

If you are in Rome, do as the Romans.

True.
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by jesmond3945: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
Powersurge:

I am glad some folks have answered you. You spent millions to migrate. And got there, making in a month, what it would take an average Nigerian one year to make. Because there is a social isolation (which is one of the signs of developed societies), you are advising people to remain in this gellholle?

An average black is wicked. If you hate it so much, why are you still there? If Nigeria is so golden to you, what are you doing over there?
please how is social isolation a sign of a developed society?

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Powersurge: 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
jesmond3945:
please how is social isolation a sign of a developed society?

Then you have very limited knowledge urbanisation.
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Beautyaddy: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
justwise:

Ok , so when are you returning back to Nigeria?

Brilliant Question of the New Year. cheesy
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by olalekan9320(m): 3:08am On Jan 05, 2023
koife:
USA or Canada
why not Nigeria? Xmas is boring here I'm is the same down south too. Nigeria is perfect for the celebration
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Owologbo(m): 4:37am On Jan 05, 2023
FavouredNK:

Except if you are the OP because I was only supporting what you said to the Op

ok
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by ghettochild(m): 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
SouthCaroliina:
u don’t know what you’re saying. Entering as a student you can come and go as you like
Did he say he wanted to go there as a student?? Oloshi
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 07, 2023
ghettochild:

Did he say he wanted to go there as a student?? Oloshi
Ode ! I’m talking from my own perspective. Brainless Ewu
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by DonroxyII: 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
funshint:
I believe only extroverts will have problem staying abroad. Some of us dey dis naija wey be say even if we dey inside house for 2wks we no dey get problem so far food dey grin
Olohun and Internet Dey ! Gen Noise sef na wa!

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by MumEmdy(f): 7:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
chukxie:
Abroad life get as e be. You get all the amenities of life but oftentimes forfeit the close knit community lifestyle one has built in Nigeria. Truth be told na availability of basic amenities and security of lives and properties keep people for abroad. The things we 'kabash and reskete' at vigils and church services for in Nigeria na normal normal for abroad. It's painful say our leaders don institutionalized poverty thereby making it a political tool for political campaigns. If our leaders fit have the fear of God for once and begin upgrade Nigeria with the billions of Naira at the disposal, Nigerians go japa-less. I miss Nigeria but the level of insecurity, Kidnappings that way dey scare me walahi. Imagine 40+ people slaughtered in Southern Kaduna and el -Rufai the dwarf of a governor hasn't moved a finger! May Nigeria get it right in 2023! Amen!

And Amen.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Datakey: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2023
koife:

Yeah but Lowestoft campus

Still in Suffolk? I'm barely a week old in Ipswich and it is so dry and boring here.
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Born2conquer: 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
Datakey:

Still in Suffolk? I'm barely a week old in Ipswich and it is so dry and boring here.
I will join you sokn
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Datakey: 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
Born2conquer:

I will join you sokn

Which side are toy coming to?
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Born2conquer: 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
Datakey:

Which side are toy coming to?
ipswich by God's grace
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by donplus1: 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2023
Datakey:

What side of Ipswich are you? I live 15 mins away from Ipswich but do go frequently for local food shopping. Abroad life can be boring to be honest but you can try make friends in Ipswich. Nigerians plenty for Ipswich.
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Datakey: 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
donplus1:

What side of Ipswich are you? I live 15 mins away from Ipswich but do go frequently for local food shopping. Abroad life can be boring to be honest but you can try make friends in Ipswich. Nigerians plenty for Ipswich.

I'm in IP1.

Honestly I haven't met an Nigerian here..
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Amaka35: 7:53pm On Jan 10
Please is there anyone in Ipswich, Suffolk County here? Let’s connect please
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Amaka35: 7:55pm On Jan 10
Datakey:

I'm in IP1.

Honestly I haven't met an Nigerian here..

I will be in Ipswich the end of the month. I need help sorting my accommodation and connecting with Nigerians in the city. Please help
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Datakey: 12:21pm On Jan 11
Amaka35:

I will be in Ipswich the end of the month. I need help sorting my accommodation and connecting with Nigerians in the city. Please help

There is actually a spare accommodation at my place currently.. one room and a smaller room and the landlord is a nice woman that can give you some days to stay and decide if you want the room
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by IbeOkehie: 1:01pm On Jan 11
chukxie:

Same folks that relegate their old to care homes? In Nigeria people do not wait for some special occasions to have a family gathering; we up and take the kids to visit uncles, aunts and cousins ...I grew up in a family where visiting family members or being visited by them was the norm. Don't know about yours, mate.

koife:

I do part time care work, wetin I carry my eye see eh how children abandon their elderly ones eh na dia u go know say dis ppl mumu. Someone somewia here mentioned culture. Oga this one na very stupid culture

You guys are newbies, still infested with a parochial mentality. You think your culture is better and that's normal for every human being. We like our own, we believe we're superior. However, I would encourage you to take an objective look at Nigeria and the Anglo-West and you'll find that Nigeria is really shitty. The collective Nigerian culture has produced the Poverty Capital of the World. It doesn't get worse than that. That's why so many Nigerians are desperate to leave their country and do part time care work in the UK.

1) The house I live in now, I bought it from those who inherited it. The couple who owned this house bought it in 1970 and lived in it until they died at over 95 years of age, we bought it the very month the wife passed away, the husband died a year or so before.

2) When I moved in here, the neighbors came over one by one to welcome me to the neighborhood. Since this isn't my first house, I knew what to expect. Three of them brought baked pies, another came with a basket arrangement. All with cards. That is American culture. They're my neighbors, we all interact and look out for each other. My next door neighbor has a swimming pool. They invited us to use it, my kids go over there to swim in the summer. The other kids in the neighborhood too. They play, ride toy cars and bikes. It's as normal a life as any in Nigeria, but with good water supply and 24 hours electricity and reasonable security.

3) When I moved in here, one of the neighbors who came to greet us offered me, without prompting, help with an electrical outlet. I hadn't told him about it, but he knew because he had been helping the old couple with it before they died. He told me he used to take out their trash and fix little things in the house. That's American culture.

4) As it is winter, leaves are falling. We all helped each other pack leaves and leave on the curb for the city to pack. The leaves were made into mountains and the kids dived into them. It's American culture.

5) Anglos and OECD nations in general now have a long average lifespan. It's over 75 in the USA and that comes with some special issues. Some of those people develop serious conditions that require skilled care in a facility. In your vaunted Nigeria, the average life span is less than 60, middle aged men just drop and die. When Nigerians reach an average life span of over 75, you will also need care homes.

6) Two of my colleagues, one White and the other Black, drop off their kids with the grandparents every day. That's family. The Black lady lives on the same street with many of her extended family members in a small town near here. It's just like Nigerian village life that I grew up in. She comes to work sometimes telling us how her aunt came over to teach her how to cook this or that. That's American culture.

7) Where I lived before, one of the older White neighbors sang in a choir. They always had a special recital in December and I went a few times. That's American culture.

In short you guys are talking trash, yours is a very superficial take and it's not surprising since you haven't lived abroad a long time.

Anyway, the plague of poverty in Nigeria is sooo bad now that in my village, more people abroad returned for Xmas than people living in Nigeria. That's the visible result of Nigerian culture....mass poverty.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Kicked Off Turkish Flight For Assaulting Air Hostess (Pics, Video) / Video Of Sand Storm In Yola, Adamawa State / Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.