Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk (39510 Views)

My Journey From Maiduguri To Lagos||worse Experience Ever. / Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) / Zero Visibility At Toll/7up Road, A Case For Serious Concern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Sweetvie: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
koife:
Bro white ppl invite me, I went and ran. Their gbedu dey too boring....I don scanvenge Lowestoft tire in search of nja community or even Ghana/African,no luck. If u meet black guy now try talk to am, him sef go dey form angry
Lol... You need to get use to that.
Ain't you schooling? How come you're not in any Nigerian community?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Spanishmilf(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
koife:
Bro white ppl invite me, I went and ran. Their gbedu dey too boring....I don scanvenge Lowestoft tire in search of nja community or even Ghana/African,no luck. If u meet black guy now try talk to am, him sef go dey form angry
visit the Uk immigrant how do you survive
You might find someone who knows a community or you will find a friend on that thread they are about the two threads like that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Thortp(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
£2k = N1.7m
koife:

Dude 2 pounds is urgent 2k na, nja no bad reach laidat

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by TWoods(m): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2022
koife:
Thnx bro.
Na mixed church I dey go. The only nja guy there no dey keep hm word. Dude is blessed though but keeps forgetting appointment. We were to travel to Norwich together but guess what, he forgot yet again

Or doesn’t really want to get closer to you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by TWoods(m): 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2022
koife:
Hello nairalanders, I am particularly compelled to pen this down as I observe my first Xmas away from nja.
Omo forget, nja get swag, community life and it's much fun there during this time of the year.
Yeah, we have our own bad side, but mehn, our social and family life is none to compare with.
Can you imagine, a whole Xmas, the place be like say na curfew Dem declare... Everybody "on your own". Mall shut, pubs shut, kababs, shut, no taxi....everywhere dead.
D one wia pain me pass na say I never carry eye see my flatmate since two days now. Abi this people normal so, or abi na over civilization dey worry Dem? I am so bored and tired that I had to drive out and to my greatest surprise na dead dry town I see. If na nja I dey so, na steady balling...huz to huz chopinz, visits, laughter, palmy, give away, oloshi lmao etc
Abroad mongers abeg I carry God name beg una, stay back ooo nja na Diamond and Gold. Una no know wetin una get untill una come hia
By the way, if any nja correct guy dey around Lowestoft, Suffolk,Uk abeg make we connect gather make some noice jor, even if na Norwich I go drive come.
I run come hia, as we no get better education. If e bin dey, I nor for come hia lailai.

Meanwhile, seasons greetings y'all.
Much love.
Xoxo

This makes no sense. It’s no secret that every culture is different. The problem is too many Nigerians want to go to an abroad version of Nigeria, devoid of the culture of their hosts. I’m sure you could get the exact same education in nigeria. You could have saved yourself millions of naira

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Brownshoe: 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2022
No mind him, like say in Nigeria them bring the Xmas party come him room no be you go go where fun are,Like me now na inside I dey since 24th na Naija I dey o, when I get 3k Naira for acct where I wan go, if make any attempt to buy for fuel for say I wan drive through, acct na zero be that I just stay put.
Kenn55:

Do you have Nigerian community in your area? Or are you the only Nigerian there?

Do you attend a Nigerian church? Do you relate with fellow Nigerians?

A Nigerian once told me he is lonely and bored in a city that has lot of Nigerians. When I probed him, it turns out that he doesn't want to associate with fellow Nigerians. In his words " I don't have time for Nigerians and their wahala " .

I don't know about where you are anyway but what happens where I am is that the Nigerian community organize parties during this period where Nigerians gather and have fun. I and my family went to a party on Christmas day and I hosted one on boxing day. We have another one on Friday and Saturday hosted by different families.

The last 2 days have been sweet. Lots of food,drinks,dance, games etc. 2 students even recreated the Townhall bala blue dance and got lots of dollars for the performance.

So even in Nigeria, the fun does not come to you. You have to find it and make it happen.

So my advice is know your city, know the Nigerians in your city. If the Nigerians in your city are the dull and individualistic type, you can be that person that bring them together and start forming a community that would start making things happen. Expand to other African countries like Ghana. I will be attending a Ghana organized get together on Sunday. They came to ours and we will go to theirs after all we are all Africans

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by lanresz(m): 12:33am On Dec 28, 2022
I understand you very well. Not sure when you mkved to UK, Chrismas over there is family time. Stores, malls, and clubs are closed for people to enjoy time qith family. Where I live, only Hospitals and gas stations are opened. The understanding is that everyone deserves a time with family to celebrate Christmas. Your flatmates may have gone to their families to celebrate. Even there are no churches on those days except Nigerian churches.

When I was new here, I get lot of invite from people for Christmas dinners that I turn a lot of them down sincw I can't be in 2 places at the same time.

koife:
Hello nairalanders, I am particularly compelled to pen this down as I observe my first Xmas away from nja.
Omo forget, nja get swag, community life and it's much fun there during this time of the year.
Yeah, we have our own bad side, but mehn, our social and family life is none to compare with.
Can you imagine, a whole Xmas, the place be like say na curfew Dem declare... Everybody "on your own". Mall shut, pubs shut, kababs, shut, no taxi....everywhere dead.
D one wia pain me pass na say I never carry eye see my flatmate since two days now. Abi this people normal so, or abi na over civilization dey worry Dem? I am so bored and tired that I had to drive out and to my greatest surprise na dead dry town I see. If na nja I dey so, na steady balling...huz to huz chopinz, visits, laughter, palmy, give away, oloshi lmao etc
Abroad mongers abeg I carry God name beg una, stay back ooo nja na Diamond and Gold. Una no know wetin una get untill una come hia
By the way, if any nja correct guy dey around Lowestoft, Suffolk,Uk abeg make we connect gather make some noice jor, even if na Norwich I go drive come.
I run come hia, as we no get better education. If e bin dey, I nor for come hia lailai.

Much love.
Xoxo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by chukxie(m): 12:55am On Dec 28, 2022
Abroad life get as e be. You get all the amenities of life but oftentimes forfeit the close knit community lifestyle one has built in Nigeria. Truth be told na availability of basic amenities and security of lives and properties keep people for abroad. The things we 'kabash and reskete' at vigils and church services for in Nigeria na normal normal for abroad. It's painful say our leaders don institutionalize poverty thereby making it a political tool for political campaigns. If our leaders fit have the fear of God for once and begin upgrade Nigeria with the billions of Naira at their disposal, Nigerians go japa-less. I miss Nigeria but the level of insecurity, Kidnappings that way dey scare me walahi. Imagine 40+ people slaughtered in Southern Kaduna and el -Rufai the dwarf of a governor hasn't moved a finger! May Nigeria get it right in 2023! Amen!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by TWoods(m): 1:31am On Dec 28, 2022
chukxie:
Abroad life get as e be. You get all the amenities of life but oftentimes forfeit the close knit community lifestyle one has built in Nigeria. Truth be told na availability of basic amenities and security of lives and properties keep people for abroad. The things we 'kabash and reskete' at vigils and church services for in Nigeria na normal normal for abroad. It's painful say our leaders don institutionalized poverty thereby making it a political tool for political campaigns. If our leaders fit have the fear of God for once and begin upgrade Nigeria with the billions of Naira at the disposal, Nigerians go japa-less. I miss Nigeria but the level of insecurity, Kidnappings that way dey scare me walahi. Imagine 40+ people slaughtered in Southern Kaduna and el -Rufai the dwarf of a governor hasn't moved a finger! May Nigeria get it right in 2023! Amen!

The Nigerian communities aren’t really as close knit as we claim. Here in the US, a large number of Americans live and work within a few miles of their extended family. Many have annual family get togethers and thanksgiving/Christmas holidays are strictly family time. That isn’t the case with Nigerians. Closeness isn’t what we have, it’s a tendency for chaos, being overly involved in the lives of our neighbors and restlessness.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Thermodynamics(m): 1:40am On Dec 28, 2022
koife:

Brosie, I don't care. Nigeria is such a lovely country, it hard to explain except you experience certain things. Bro abeg no ccurm hia

Oya come back na, abi them tie you for there ni ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by chukxie(m): 4:21am On Dec 28, 2022
TWoods:

The Nigerian communities aren’t really as close knit as we claim. Here in the US, a large number of Americans live and work within a few miles of their extended family. Many have annual family get togethers and thanksgiving/Christmas holidays are strictly family time. That isn’t the case with Nigerians. Closeness isn’t what we have, it’s a tendency for chaos, being overly involved in the lives of our neighbors and restlessness.

Same folks that relegate their old to care homes? In Nigeria people do not wait for some special occasions to have a family gathering; we up and take the kids to visit uncles, aunts and cousins ...I grew up in a family where visiting family members or being visited by them was the norm. Don't know about yours, mate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Owologbo(m): 6:48am On Dec 28, 2022
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo

If na steady balling carry you go there, come back and ball in naija na.

3 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Owologbo(m): 6:50am On Dec 28, 2022
mizz2posh:
Some people in naija don't go from house to house on Christmas day eg me. But naija sweet true true.
No mind the guy.
I can do Christmas anywhere in the world if going out is the only issue.
I stayed in my house all through.

6 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Sweetvie: 6:59am On Dec 28, 2022
TWoods:

The Nigerian communities aren’t really as close knit as we claim. Here in the US, a large number of Americans live and work within a few miles of their extended family. Many have annual family get togethers and thanksgiving/Christmas holidays are strictly family time. That isn’t the case with Nigerians. Closeness isn’t what we have, it’s a tendency for chaos, [/b]being overly involved in the lives of our neighbors and restlessness[b].
@bolded
So true... Wanna know how your neighbors is doing , want to be sure they're not better than you and claim it as closeness undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by koife(m): 7:09am On Dec 28, 2022
Sweetvie:
@bolded
So true... Wanna know how your neighbors is doing , want to be sure they're not better than you and claim it as closeness undecided
Una sabi mis interpret person Wella....infact na this kain tin make me miss nja in sone kinda weird way. Boss I duff heart for you.

Dey dia dey play!

3 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by koife(m): 7:12am On Dec 28, 2022
TWoods:

Kinda Right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by koife(m): 7:15am On Dec 28, 2022
chukxie:

Same folks that relegate their old to care homes? In Nigeria people do not wait for some special occasions to have a family gathering; we up and take the kids to visit uncles, aunts and cousins ...I grew up in a family where visiting family members or being visited by them was the norm. Don't know about yours, mate.
I do part time care work, wetin I carry my eye see eh how children abandon their elderly ones eh na dia u go know say dis ppl mumu. Someone somewia here mentioned culture. Oga this one na very stupid culture

5 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by koife(m): 7:19am On Dec 28, 2022
TWoods:

America is far more open minded an liberal than this colonial ppl. If na USA boss I nor for worry. See eh nothing gum did ppl na just a matter of time before their empire/economy is finally pronounced dead

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by chukxie(m): 8:06am On Dec 28, 2022
koife:

I do part time care work, wetin I carry my eye see eh how children abandon their elderly ones eh na dia u go know say dis ppl mumu. Someone somewia here mentioned culture. Oga this one na very stupid culture

It's good to hear from someone in the care home sector telling it as it is! Having done some travelling to obodo oyibo, I can confidently say Nigerians and black Africans in general are family oriented people. This is one characteristic we share with the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans etc.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by koife(m): 8:11am On Dec 28, 2022
chukxie:

It's good to hear from someone in the care home sector telling it as it is! Having done some travelling to obodo oyibo, I can confidently say Nigerians and black Africans in general are family oriented people. This is one characteristic we share with the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans etc.
gbam eod. The one wia I write sef na small. I literally shed tears for one old woman. Him son lives close by but hardly visit. It's really a very bad way to grow old. Some stay indoors for years before they finally die

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Sweetvie: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2022
koife:

Una sabi mis interpret person Wella....infact na this kain tin make me miss nja in sone kinda weird way. Boss I duff heart for you.

Dey dia dey play!
Lol... Ain't talking about you.
Anyhoo, get use to UK
How many year is your program?
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by koife(m): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2022
Sweetvie:
Lol... Ain't talking about you.
Anyhoo, get use to UK
How many year is your program?
Rounding up next year
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Sweetvie: 8:37am On Dec 28, 2022
koife:

Rounding up next year
That's good
Are you going to move to another country or going back to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by damzy88: 9:09am On Dec 28, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
Once I’m settled abroad like after 4-5 years, I’ll always come home for xmas with family and friends. Naija xmas too sweet abeg. Pack enough dollars come. Sleep the highest hotel, Bleep the highest bitch, go the highest club. After celebration come back to my abroad again till next December
wink
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Nozino: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2022
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo

Them tie you for there? You dy forbid to come back? Ovasabi!

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by koife(m): 10:48am On Dec 28, 2022
Sweetvie:
That's good
Are you going to move to another country or going back to Nigeria?
USA or Canada
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by chukxie(m): 11:16am On Dec 28, 2022
koife:
gbam eod. The one wia I write sef na small. I literally shed tears for one old woman. Him son lives close by but hardly visit. It's really a very bad way to grow old. Some stay indoors for years before they finally die

Oyibo no send person. Yet some of our own go dey extol their nonexistent family bonding virtues of oyibo because they gather for cook out during national holidays..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by foxraptor: 11:25am On Dec 28, 2022
You see as road free, no traffic + peace of mind and natural AC dey blow you. You still dey complain. Well, I give up. Just dey play. Dey playyyy!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Sweetvie: 11:25am On Dec 28, 2022
koife:
USA or Canada
Good
I think USA is for you... Thou you got to look for fun yourself, it ain't gonna meet u in ur apartment.
Canada is also lonely smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by ifihearam: 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sweetvie:
Good
I think USA is for you... Thou you got to look for fun yourself, it ain't gonna meet u in ur apartment.
Canada is also lonely smiley

Where you dey?

@op They wont understand until they spend it abroad but in SA we enjoy it a lot as its as good as Naija..we meet up almost every time and during festive times we meet and organize christmas parties, local naija meals are served,enough alcohol..clubbing..its quite different here sha, its almost like you are in Naija as you see your friends almost everyday.

4 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by koife(m): 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
chukxie:

Oyibo no send person. Yet some of our own go dey extol their nonexistent family bonding virtues of oyibo because they gather for cook out during national holidays..
Bro, you captured it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by koife(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
ifihearam:

Where you dey?

@op They wont understand until they spend it abroad but in SA we enjoy it a lot as its as good as Naija..we meet up almost every time and during festive times we meet and organize christmas parties, local naija meals are served,enough alcohol..clubbing..its quite different here sha, its almost like you are in Naija as you see your friends almost everyday.
Omo na UK over hype contri wia wack pass oboghomosho

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) / Nigerian Lady Kicked Off Turkish Flight For Assaulting Air Hostess (Pics, Video) / Video Of Sand Storm In Yola, Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.