Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,226 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk (39514 Views)

My Journey From Maiduguri To Lagos||worse Experience Ever. / Lagos Has The Worst Case Of Traffic Congestion In The World? (Photos) / Zero Visibility At Toll/7up Road, A Case For Serious Concern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by martinm45: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2023
You are not there to flex but you are there to make money so forget about social life go for the money ( though you must do it in a legit way). When you have made the money you can come to Nija to enjoy with your loved ones

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by drnoel: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:
Hello nairalanders, I am particularly compelled to pen this down as I observe my first Xmas away from nja.

Omo forget, nja get swag, community life and it's much fun there during this time of the year.

Yeah, we have our own bad side, but mehn, our social and family life is none to compare with.

Can you imagine, a whole Xmas, the place be like say na curfew Dem declare... Everybody "on your own". Mall shut, pubs shut, kababs, shut, no taxi....everywhere dead.

D one wia pain me pass na say I never carry eye see my flatmate since two days now. Abi this people normal so, or abi na over civilization dey worry Dem? I am so bored and tired that I had to drive out and to my greatest surprise na dead dry town I see. If na nja I dey so, na steady balling...huz to huz chopinz, visits, laughter, palmy, give away, oloshi lmao etc.

Abroad mongers abeg I carry God name beg una, stay back ooo nja na Diamond and Gold. Una no know wetin una get untill una come hia.

By the way, if any nja correct guy dey around Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK abeg make we connect gather make some noice jor, even if na Norwich I go drive come.

I run come hia, as we no get better education. If e bin dey, I nor for come hia lailai.

Meanwhile, seasons greetings y'all.
Much love.
Xoxo
Attach yourself to a Nigerian community, that way you can all spend Christmas together. But no go tell them say na me send you. Some naija people una stress worry

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Brosie, I don't care. Nigeria is such a lovely country, it hard to explain except you experience certain things. Bro abeg no ccurm hia
soeak for yourself o. I came in December 10th and I’ve preferred it here to Lagos abeg. I’ve never been the out going person except work takes me out but asides that, I’m good. Infact I’m in Aberdeen which is a very toned down city and I won’t lie. I’m not bored.

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2023
Goodman247:
Uk this, UK that, US and Canada no dey, mischievous and wicked Nigerians make una rest
Don’t mind him. I’m in aberdeen which is considered a very low-key boring city but I love it here. No much noise, no pork nosing, good paying jobs (exchange rate is even doing us well) constant light and very cheap internet so Netflix and chill or play games or do something….. anything. Not all businesses were closed sef. If you waka well you’ll find great places to have fun. I don’t miss Nigeria one bit. My wife says she misses Lagos but for where? Not me.

6 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2023
Spanishmilf:
Once they japa go Uk like this dem go start YouTube channel
Dey snap pic for snow or talk thrash say shey u still wan japa
Stupid behaviors
My wife was saying we should start a channel. If you see the eyes i used to look at her ehn. I have a YouTube channel which i started few weeks before i left naija but since i left, i have refused to post anything make e no come like say na because I japa I start so I have to redo my frame work in a way that doesn’t come across as if I’m following the band wagon.

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by amliftedhigher: 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
entrep88:

I over get it bro! see even if na to stay indoors for UK and get a better life then so be it. In life we can't really get all we want same way we can't eat cake and still have it. Na person prayer points you dey use play so grin grin grin. Sincerely, I know how it feels coming from this side the atmosphere is usually electric in Naija, the food swappings, the Banger, the Journeys and Church activities and so on gives so much memories that anyone will always miss. Recently, the activities have dropped compared to growing-up, I think Technology and Internet has influenced human relationships and activities alot, where you sit-down and literally have everything you want, it's crazy bro. But no reason am o! Anyways I know say una gum hand do Xmas for me make I drop Aza relocate to the nearest Bar on your behalf grin grin
Please define a better life?
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by LastProphet: 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2023
Gerrard59:
Find some Nigerians and mingle with or better still, use the uninterrupted electricity and WiFi and learn new things. The system is radically different from Nigeria, If you wanted a social environment, you should have gone to Brazil. If e tire you, London has four airports and it is only a 6-hour journey.

I never see this kain noise from Nigerians in Australia or even the US. Honestly, from the way you people complain every now and then, e go hard una to stay in a functioning place. Worse still, you people would not join hands to make your environment to be comfortable so that you can shout as you like while having constant electricity and security.

US is worse than what he even just said but no need trying to explain to people at home, you need to use your eye come and see it then you will understand what op is saying. Only very few are actually happy to be here bet me
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Toks2008(m): 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:
Hello nairalanders, I am particularly compelled to pen this down as I observe my first Xmas away from nja.

Omo forget, nja get swag, community life and it's much fun there during this time of the year.

Yeah, we have our own bad side, but mehn, our social and family life is none to compare with.

Can you imagine, a whole Xmas, the place be like say na curfew Dem declare... Everybody "on your own". Mall shut, pubs shut, kababs, shut, no taxi....everywhere dead.

D one wia pain me pass na say I never carry eye see my flatmate since two days now. Abi this people normal so, or abi na over civilization dey worry Dem? I am so bored and tired that I had to drive out and to my greatest surprise na dead dry town I see. If na nja I dey so, na steady balling...huz to huz chopinz, visits, laughter, palmy, give away, oloshi lmao etc.

Abroad mongers abeg I carry God name beg una, stay back ooo nja na Diamond and Gold. Una no know wetin una get untill una come hia.

By the way, if any nja correct guy dey around Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK abeg make we connect gather make some noice jor, even if na Norwich I go drive come.

I run come hia, as we no get better education. If e bin dey, I nor for come hia lailai.

Much love.
Xoxo

Welcome to the world of O. Y. O(on your own)

Me I love it o.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by armyofone(m): 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo

You will get use to it. Try traveling to places such as Hawaii for Christmas. Hotels have different fun events for your enjoyment.
If you at your apartment next holiday, cook, eat and drink eggnog. Watch movies and get a good sleep. By the time you wake up, Christmas day is over cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by armyofone(m): 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2023
Toks2008:

Welcome to the world of O. Y. O(on your own)

Me I love it o.

Me too, I love it.

Peace and quiet- priceless!
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by armyofone(m): 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
LastProphet:

US is worse than what he even just said but no need trying to explain to people at home, you need to use your eye come and see it then you will understand what op is saying. Only very few are actually happy to be here bet me

Lol, very worst! But we get used to it grin
I always pray for rainy December. I hope to visit Seattle to enjoy rainy Christmas and new year.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Gameboy629: 9:23pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

I think one thing people are missing on this thread is that the OP obviously (I might be wrong) seems like he comes from privilege.
His point of view is never going to make sense to someone who's trying to relocate because they want a better standard of life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by entrep88: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2023
amliftedhigher:

Please define a better life?
Ask Google, Dokpemu!!!
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by LastProphet: 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2023
armyofone:

I always pray for rainy December. I hope to visit Seattle to enjoy rainy Christmas and new year.

Bros is not easy, until we blacks fix one African country there will be no respect for black people. We are been tolerated here whether you accept it or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by mercysamuelson(m): 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
LastProphet

Every country has her good side and her bad side, you choose where you live. I'm okay here where I am despite the fact that some other people might be complaining.

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by twosquare(m): 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2023
Looks like someone is a fan of Sleepless in Seattle.
armyofone:

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by dmangodwin(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2023
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo
Are you a learner.You want to enjoy UK in the cold freezing winter .If only can be there till summer.You will not want to come back.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by uvie66: 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2023
lexy2014:

then why are you complaining? if UK no favour you, pack your bags and come back and manage your "lack of good wages, insecurity, and 24 hour power supply".
....My brother forget matterooo, UK favour meoo, I don manage organize two upstairs for gidi from the sojourn and also add 20 mill in liquidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by megastu(m): 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2023
Can you imagine? You have arrived in a country to improve your economic standpoint and now advising others not to come because christmas day was dry. Something is not right.
koife:

Brosie, I don't care. Nigeria is such a lovely country, it hard to explain except you experience certain things. Bro abeg no ccurm hia

3 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by LastProphet: 12:09am On Jan 04, 2023
mercysamuelson:
LastProphet

Every country has her good side and her bad side, you choose where you live. I'm okay here where I am despite the fact that some other people might be complaining.

Is not all the time you can choose where you want to stay, many times it's chosen for you. Let's see what you say 10- years from today
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:18am On Jan 04, 2023
You are damn right about everywhere being deserted mate. I was born in Vancouver, Canada but was dragged to Nigeria by my pops (Sighting some excuse that I need to learn his tradition stuffs). Well, here I am in Nigeria for the past 15years. I went back to Canada two weeks ago for Xmas n New Year with Mom’s family. Man, was I missing Nigeria, YES, I am. This place (Canada) is so deserted around Xmas time.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Maski87: 12:25am On Jan 04, 2023
Instead of finding one oyibo gal to warm you up
You come here dey nack story,konji is a bit$h
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by histemple: 12:38am On Jan 04, 2023
SouthCaroliina:
Once I’m settled abroad like after 4-5 years, I’ll always come home for xmas with family and friends. Naija xmas too sweet abeg. Pack enough dollars come. Sleep the highest hotel, Bleep the highest bitch, go the highest club. After celebration come back to my abroad again till next December

You mentioned Fvckn the highest b*tch but you forgot to add "carry the highest HIV/AIDS"

Please add it.

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by emperorlaqrin: 1:52am On Jan 04, 2023
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo

Na London me I Dey ooo but honestly coming here I had already prepared my mind for all this because with the little I saw when I got here I knew how Christmas was gonna be like however it was actually fun on the new year eve for everyone gathered at the London bridge.

London was very busy with several clubs opened for the night. Na Loveshack me I Dey till 3am 0. It was fun looking at the OYInbo girls in there unclothedness and there funny dance �.

By the way if anyone is looking for a casual night work in London that can serve as extra income hit me up but must have full right and document to work

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Powersurge: 2:27am On Jan 04, 2023
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo

I am glad some folks have answered you. You spent millions to migrate. And got there, making in a month, what it would take an average Nigerian one year to make. Because there is a social isolation (which is one of the signs of developed societies), you are advising people to remain in this gellholle?

An average black is wicked. If you hate it so much, why are you still there? If Nigeria is so golden to you, what are you doing over there?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by armyofone(m): 2:57am On Jan 04, 2023
LastProphet:

Bros is not easy, until we blacks fix one African country there will be no respect for black people. We are been tolerated here whether you accept it or not

For me, I don't see myself as being tolerated. I see myself as a contributing law-abiding member of the community/society grin

1 Like

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by cooldave234(m): 3:10am On Jan 04, 2023
You have a nice car how much did you get that and where. My xmas was the worst i ever had. Boring as fxxk.

koife:

Much love.
Xoxo
Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by lendahand(m): 4:21am On Jan 04, 2023
koife:

Much love.
Xoxo
come back to diamond and gold, adviser...gerarahia

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Gerrard59(m): 4:46am On Jan 04, 2023
LastProphet:

LOL!

I actually live in a place with very few blacks, but you will never see me create such a thread because I understand how different societies work and humans behave. Anyone who does not like it should go back to Nigeria. There was no law stipulating Nigerians relocate to the abroad.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by Gerrard59(m): 5:17am On Jan 04, 2023
LastProphet:

Bros is not easy, until we blacks fix one African country there will be no respect for black people We are been tolerated here whether you accept it or not

I like your honesty. Your last statement should be your pragmatism going forward. Expecting native Brits to imbibe Nigerian culture does not make sense. Anyone who is interested in his cultural practice should develop his environment so that he can practice those cultural rites/events without being obstructed.

If you are in Rome, do as the Romans.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by ghettochild(m): 6:11am On Jan 04, 2023
SouthCaroliina:
Once I’m settled abroad like after 4-5 years, I’ll always come home for xmas with family and friends. Naija xmas too sweet abeg. Pack enough dollars come. Sleep the highest hotel, Bleep the highest bitch, go the highest club. After celebration come back to my abroad again till next December
It's easier said than done..
Especially forgetting how hard it is to get papers/,documents.
Before u know it.. that 4/5 yes is 10yrs n u never get paper

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Worst Xmas Experience Ever. A Case Of Uk by emmaodet: 10:35am On Jan 04, 2023
Regex:

Baba no complain, when you deh enter MMA?

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Kicked Off Turkish Flight For Assaulting Air Hostess (Pics, Video) / Video Of Sand Storm In Yola, Adamawa State / Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says India Former Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.