Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

My Coconut Farm Experience - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Coconut Farm Experience (31013 Views)

My Farm Experience And Cost / Details About Coconut Farm / Why Are My Coconut Trees Breaking At The Top? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2022
Towards the end of 2021, I took the decision to go into farming and to farm coconut partly to it's free maintenance while growing and the opportunities in coconut trade in Nigeria. Honestly, it has not been easy, but it has been fun with a lot of experience. Please share your thoughts and experience if you are into coconut farming too.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by HeartlessMan: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2022
OP did you buy seedlings abi na ya coconut head you take start?

234 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2022
HeartlessMan:
OP did you buy seedlings abi na ya coconut head you take start?

Lol. Thanks, i actually bought some for a start and nursed the rest.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by chatinent: 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2022
Congrats.

It's really a lucrative business if one learns to manage it properly.

Hit me up for assignment research writing services.

2 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by mariahAngel(f): 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2022
Coconut plantation is a big deal in the Philippines.
Op, how many coconut plants do you have?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by joskingzy(m): 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
How can I contact you on WhatsApp?

2 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
mariahAngel:
Coconut plantation is a big deal in the Philippines.
Op, how many coconut plants do you have?

Thanks man, I appreciate. Close to 250 trees. Planning to add more God willing next year. Send me a mail and We can talk.

16 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by mariahAngel(f): 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2022
umuna:

Thanks man, I appreciate. Close to 250 trees. Planning to add more God willing next year. Send me a mail and We can talk.

Coconut oil is the next big thing.
I wish you prosperity.

26 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by makeitijn: 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2022
Nice move

2 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by rainmoredays: 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
umuna:
Towards the end of 2021, I took the decision to go into farming and to farm coconut partly to it's free maintenance while growing and the opportunities in coconut trade in Nigeria. Honestly, it has not been easy, but it has been fun with a lot of experience. Please share your thoughts and experience if you are into coconut farming too.
Coincidentally, I just started nursing this 4 this morning, I have 9 already planted. I am waiting for the raining season to plant it.
Please tell, how much did you buy your seedlings for and where is your location.
I actually plan on using 2 plots for coconut farming.

14 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2022
rainmoredays:

Coincidentally, I just started nursing this 4 this morning, I have 9 already planted. I am waiting for the raining season to plant it.
Please tell, how much did you buy your seedlings for and where is your location.
I actually plan on using 2 plots for coconut farming.

Nice to hear! Actually bought my seedlings at #1,300 from a good friend. i am located in Ogun State.

Yes it is best you transplant during raining season because coconut loves water and for their survival.

Please do not be discouraged, you can start on a 2 plots! remember to plant dwarf hybrid.

37 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2022
mariahAngel:

Coconut oil is the next big thing.
I wish you prosperity.

Thanks tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by rainmoredays: 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2022
umuna:

Nice to hear! Actually bought my seedlings at #1,300 from a good friend. i am located in Ogun State.

Yes it is best you transplant during raining season because coconut loves water and for their survival.

Please do not be discouraged, you can start on a 2 plots! remember to plant dwarf hybrid.
I am actually in Ogun state too.
Could you link me with your seller, I need like 5 seedlings.
I to be precise.

10 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2022
rainmoredays:
I am actually in Ogun state too.
Could you link me with your seller, I need like 5 seedlings.
I am in Sango Otta to be precise.

okay i will. please send me a mail so that we can connect.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by rainmoredays: 3:23pm On Dec 27, 2022
I am too sure of the email I used in registering this account, but here's mine

rainmoredays(at)gmail,com

umuna:

okay i will. please send me a mail so that we can connect.

1 Like

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
rainmoredays:
I am too sure of the email I used in registering this account, but here's mine

rainmoredays(at)gmail,com

Sent you a mail already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Rrchrd(m): 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2022
umuna:
Pls how can one know the best female coconut to plant

1 Like

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
umuna:

Lol. Female coconut Kwa? Nothing like female coconut, what know is the flowers have both male and female. And how do one know the female flowers from the male is through the size of the copra(flowers). The female flowers (copra) are bigger, while the Male flowers are smaller in size.
Rrchrd:

Pls how can one know the best female coconut to plant

Lol. Female coconut Kwa? Nothing like female coconut, what I know is the flowers have both male and female. And how do one know the female flowers from the male is through the size of the copra(flowers)

5 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by dominique(f): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
The plants in the opening post are almost a year old? How long does it take before they starts producing fruits?

9 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by dominique(f): 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
umuna:

Lol. Female coconut Kwa? Nothing like female coconut, what I know is the flowers have both male and female. And how do one know the female flowers from the male is through the size of the copra(flowers)

But there are some coconut plants that don't produce fruits. I know of someone that planted coconuts in his main house and rental house which was just on the next street. The one in his main house never bore fruits while the one in the rental house bore hundreds of coconuts till the tree wore out. The tenants just dey enjoy free coconuts cos the landlord no too get wahala. We were told that it the male and female coconut seeds are identical (just like pawpaw) and one won't know the difference till they get to the fruiting stage.

10 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
dominique:

But there are some coconut plants that don't produce fruits. I know of someone that planted coconuts in his main house and rental house which was just on the next street. The one in his main house never bore fruits while the one in the rental house bore hundreds of coconuts till the tree wore out. The tenants just dey enjoy free coconuts cos the landlord no too get wahala. We were told that it the male and female coconut seeds are identical (just like pawpaw) and one won't know the difference till they get to the fruiting stage.

Well that is not true. The soil conditions of the one that was not bearing fruits cold be a factor, building shading the coconut from sunlight and at times all they need is manuring and edible salts(yes) etc. Some species of coconut could take 10-12 years before it starts fruiting and if they are not taken good care of, it could take longer time before gestation period.

Attached are pictures of what I am trying to explain to you. This pictures are from the coconut in my compound.

7 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2022
dominique:
The plants in the opening post are almost a year old? How long does it take before they starts producing fruits?

You're absolutely right dear. It will take 3to 4 years before they start fruiting. atimes with abundance of water nutrients, fruiting could start early.

6 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by dominique(f): 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
umuna:

Well that is not true. The soil conditions of the one that was not bearing fruits cold be a factor, building shading the coconut from sunlight and at times all they need is manuring and edible salts(yes) etc. Some species of coconut could take 10-12 years before it starts fruiting and if they are not taken good care of, it could take longer time before gestation period.

Attached are pictures of what I am trying to explain to you. This pictures are from the coconut in my compound.

How about 2 coconut trees planted side by side. One proudest fruits while the other remains barren, what could be the reason?

5 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by bigdammyj: 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Reading...
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by iamyemiakins(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Pells1:
Who still eats coconut in 2022 undecided undecided
Be like say na Mars you dey stay undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Pells1: 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Who still eats coconut in 2022 undecided undecided
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by house10studios: 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Cows dey pass there?

1 Like

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Raxxye(m): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Lovely!
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Thanos5555: 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
sad

Urchins should come and use their coconut head for seedlings

5 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Dshocker(m): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
O
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Boogyman557: 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
Holly Gram cool

COCONUT with BREAD..

COCONUT with GARRI..

If u KNOW, u KNOW..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

.. / Top 5 Richest Farmers In The World / Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.