Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,803 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

My Coconut Farm Experience - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Coconut Farm Experience (31045 Views)

My Farm Experience And Cost / Details About Coconut Farm / Why Are My Coconut Trees Breaking At The Top? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Elidrisy20: 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
How many years will it take to grow?
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Dshocker(m): 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Agriculture can make one a billionaire under the space of 5yrs, but Nigerian youths are not patient enough and ready to soil their hands dirty.... Everybody wants quick money.

5 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by descarado: 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
If you plant around 250, you will proudly display it.
Stop lying to people.

1 Like

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by DanAugust2021: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
Well done. I thought I saw "My Coconut head experience".
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Dshocker(m): 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
umuna:

Thanks man, I appreciate. Close to 250 trees. Planning to add more God willing next year. Send me a mail and We can talk.

Op if i may ask, what exactly do you plan to do with the coconuts and how much will a 250 trees fetch per annum?
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Ayobeck(m): 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
Am in interested in dis business,I get one hectare of land available,one program like dis one community one industry for Uniq FM ilesha.dey talk about dis business..pls pple like how much can I use to start dis coconut business.thank u house

2 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Dukeolumidemans(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
mariahAngel:

Coconut oil is the next big thing.
I wish you prosperity.

U are wise Mariah.

3 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Dukeolumidemans(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
umuna:
Towards the end of 2021, I took the decision to go into farming and to farm coconut partly to it's free maintenance while growing and the opportunities in coconut trade in Nigeria. Honestly, it has not been easy, but it has been fun with a lot of experience. Please share your thoughts and experience if you are into coconut farming too.

This is a good path. God bless ur handwork my brother.

2 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Guderian(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
mariahAngel:
Coconut plantation is a big deal in the Philippines.
Op, how many coconut plants do you have?

You have a youtube channel
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by ytdivine(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
There is much money in farming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lznI93SUyaw
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Dshocker(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Pells1:
Who still eats coconut in 2022 undecided undecided

How old are you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Ibechris2: 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
HeartlessMan:
OP did you buy seedlings abi na ya coconut head you take start?

U are not just heartless but wicked honestly.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by LIGHTROOM: 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
HeartlessMan:

This is an heartless statement coming from an heartless man.

He choke
Just they play you hear
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
dominique:

How about 2 coconut trees planted side by side. One proudest fruits while the other remains barren, what could be the reason?

Hmmm. The specie matters in this situation. The coconut planted are they both dwarf type? Because if they are both the dwarf type, they will both produce. But if they are the specie that takes longer and taller, it will not fruit because they are both competing for food(nutrients in the soil).

I have come across this scenario in a friends family compound at Ijebu Ode. They have older coconut trees in the compound, and because the mum and sisters don't bother to check when ever some coconut falls from the trees, those coconut ended up germinating. I even harvested some last month from this dwarf trees.

I will try and post a picture of this scenario 2nd week of January 2023 God willing for you to see that, it sures boils down to the specie planted.

2 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by ceeceeuwa: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
HeartlessMan:
Do you sleep on Nairaland?
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Camberlo(m): 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
This is commendable, a long term investment.
I pray God spare your life to reap the fruit of the labour.

2 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by sirjentul05(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
wink wink wink wink wink

Na man you be naa, you no go kee yaself

Anyway it's nothing
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by aylipple: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
Do you want to take advantage of the coconut value chain properly as well get access to vast opportunities (hybrid seedlings, expert opinions, market, government funding opportunities, etc)? I suggest you become a member of NACOPPMAN (that's the umbrella body for anything coconut in Nigeria).

4 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by rickleye: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
rainmoredays:
I am too sure of the email I used in registering this account, but here's mine

rainmoredays(at)gmail,com

I have 2 Plots of land available for farming at Oko-Ireke. somewhere in OgunState. You could farm and remit 10% of proceeds to me if you are interested.

3 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by dominique(f): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
umuna:

Hmmm. The specie matters in this situation. The coconut planted are they both dwarf type? Because if they are both the dwarf type, they will both produce. But if they are the specie that takes longer and taller, it will not fruit because they are both competing for food(nutrients in the soil).

I have come across this scenario in a friends family compound at Ijebu Ode. They have older coconut trees in the compound, and because the mum and sisters don't bother to check when ever some coconut falls from the trees, those coconut ended up germinating. I even harvested some last month from this dwarf trees.

I will try and post a picture of this scenario 2nd week of January 2023 God willing for you to see that, it sures boils down to the specie planted.

It's the dwarf coconut species. It's scenarios like this and the other one in my previous comment that convinced that there are male and female coconut plants. Thanks for the lectures, wishing you a bountiful harvest.

1 Like

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dukeolumidemans:

This is a good path. God bless ur handwork my brother.

Thanks �
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
dominique:

It's the dwarf coconut species. It's scenarios like this and the other one in my previous comment that convinced that there are male and female coconut plants. Thanks for the lectures, wishing you a bountiful harvest.

You said the landlord planted the coconut in different compounds (Tenant and his main building) Thanks for visiting my thread.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by SirLakes: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
HeartlessMan:
Crazy grin
Lol grin
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
aylipple:
Do you want to take advantage of the coconut value chain properly as well get access to vast opportunities (hybrid seedlings, expert opinions, market, government funding opportunities, etc)? I suggest you become a member of NACOPPMAN (that's the umbrella body for anything coconut in Nigeria).
Thanks I will look them up soon.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
Camberlo:
This is commendable, a long term investment.
I pray God spare your life to reap the fruit of the labour.

Thanks brother, I appreciate. And amen to your prayers.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by fineboynl(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
Its takes 10 to 15 years before the coconut can be matured for eating. Early production will not get strong.

1 Like

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by greygoblings(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
Tried this and grass cutter killed everything
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by tuzle(m): 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wait o 3-4 years before a coconut tree start producing fruit, what is now the advantage of planting it for commercial sale if u have to wait so long and devote a lot of resources to it. Like comparing it with plantain which do u think is worth the resources (more profitable) for commercial planting

2 Likes

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
Guderian:

You have a youtube channel

Working on it
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Munzy14(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
dominique:

No.

Nothing like male and female coconut trees.. We mainly have that in Pawpaw and date palm.

The coconut refused to fruit majorly for two reasons;
1 poor nutrition.

2.Disease.

In such case, the farmer must apply a good pesticide to fumigate the tree.

Then apply NPK and Urea fertilizers in poor leaf condition, urea must be included.

Then lastly, Foestrogen.

All this is best done during rainy season...Watch out for the magic.

This is applicable to any fruit bearing tree passing through same conditions.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 5 Richest Farmers In The World / .. / Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.