Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,623 members, 7,955,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:30 PM

My Coconut Farm Experience - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Coconut Farm Experience (33434 Views)

My Farm Experience And Cost / Details About Coconut Farm / Why Are My Coconut Trees Breaking At The Top? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 8:50pm On May 05, 2023
Using salts to fertilize coconuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIVnb2aKDW8

1 Like

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by bennito: 10:23pm On May 06, 2023
umuna:
Using salts to fertilize coconuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIVnb2aKDW8
Thanks so much for the video, but it's not complete. Can you please post the complete video
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 11:55pm On May 10, 2023
bennito:

Thanks so much for the video, but it's not complete. Can you please post the complete video

Oooh sorry about that. I will re-edit and repost. thanks for watching.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 11:57pm On May 10, 2023
Based on popular request, this is a video on how to stop grasscutter attacks on young coconut trees. please also keep your comments coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNm42klfvU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Emmah123: 8:11am On Jun 01, 2023
umuna:

It all depends on how dried and matured is the fruits while on the tree. But when the fruits are well dried before harvesting, it will take within 2 to 4months before germination. But I f not well dried it will take max 6months with constant wetting . Picture one is a month plus, pictures 3 & 4 are for months. For you to transplant, the rule books and researchers suggestions and advice you allow the seedlings to grow for 9months and most have roots before transplanting. Also the weather must be right (During raining season) before planting. But I do have my own rules before I do transplant.

Please see attached pictures for your information.

How much do you sell the seedlings? If a request of say 1500 seedlings is made, will you be able to supply it?

Do you sell seeds that hasn't been dehusked to someone who wish to germinate the seedlings themselves? How much?
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
Emmah123:

How much do you sell the seedlings? If a request of say 1500 seedlings is made, will you be able to supply it?

Do you sell seeds that hasn't been dehusked to someone who wish to germinate the seedlings themselves? How much?

Good evening sir,

For the seedlings we shall sell at #1400. Yes we shall be able to supply you.

For the husked coconuts, we shall sell at #200 per nuts.

Thanks.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Styluss: 10:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
I can support you with a few seeds of this coconut in my home FREE of charge. If you can make them sprout. It has more than 100 fruits every month. You can HMU if you are interested.
Attached is a thread I created some times ago about it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6902063/see-coconut-more-over-100

umuna:

Thanks man, I appreciate. Close to 250 trees. Planning to add more God willing next year. Send me a mail and We can talk.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by babyelsie: 11:24am On Jun 19, 2023
Always go to Nifor and get your trusted seedlings, that is where I used to buy my own.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Emmah123: 6:01am On Jun 23, 2023
Styluss:
I can support you with a few seeds of this coconut in my home FREE of charge. If you can make them sprout. It has more than 100 fruits every month. You can HMU if you are interested.
Attached is a thread I created some times ago about it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6902063/see-coconut-more-over-100

What variety are the coconut trees in your thread?
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Emmah123: 6:31am On Jun 23, 2023
umuna:

Good evening sir,

For the seedlings we shall sell at #1400. Yes we shall be able to supply you.

For the husked coconuts, we shall sell at #200 per nuts.

Thanks.

Please I need your contact
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 6:43am On Jun 23, 2023
Emmah123:

I do have hybrid and dwarf on my farm.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 6:43am On Jun 23, 2023
Emmah123:

Please I need your contact

Wattsap 08090610026
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Styluss: 8:32pm On Jun 23, 2023
I dont know, dad planted it, but its obviously a good breed
Emmah123:

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 10:04am On Jun 27, 2023
Styluss:
I dont know, dad planted it, but its obviously a good breed

That id an hybrid coconut. They tend to produce more when they are matured.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by faoogoke(m): 10:28am On Jun 27, 2023
My strong advice for you.

Please plan to deal with pests that attacked the coconut fruit as the pod opens.

Plan ahead for them.

They are presently frustrating the seedlings of the coconut tree I have at home.

Many have gone bad because of the attack by the pests. Best wishes.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Styluss: 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Just amazing. We have coconut all year round. I got tired of eating. Problem is I dont know how to sprout them, and even when I managed to do it, It took too long. Wanted to plant them on the newly acquired sites.
umuna:

That id an hybrid coconut. They tend to produce more when they are matured.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
Styluss:
Just amazing. We have coconut all year round. I got tired of eating. Problem is I dont know how to sprout them, and even when I managed to do it, It took too long. Wanted to plant them on the newly acquired sites.

Yeah it will definitely take some time before they sprout. You should estimate between 2-6 months and anything beyond these number of months, please check the nuts to see if they are still okay.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
Remember you can start small and move to 1plots, an acre, 2 acres to 10 acres. If you rush into starting it big, you might be over whelmed when the rain starts, with a lot of grasses to weed. This advise goes out to the green horns!

1 Like

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2023
The flood of 2022; really caused some set back on our first farm. Visited last week and the affected coconuts are picking up. Comments are welcome.

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by Matysu: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2023
I will like to try coconut farming soon. What land space will be needed for about 100 coconuts. I live in Ph. Do you know where I can get cheap land for agriculture close to Ph or in Ph?
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 7:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
Matysu:
I will like to try coconut farming soon. What land space will be needed for about 100 coconuts. I live in Ph. Do you know where I can get cheap land for agriculture close to Ph or in Ph?

Let's say an acre and 2 plots. I don't live in Rivers state, so I won't know where to get cheap land. The problem with getting land in Rivers to me is insecurity in our rural areas.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 11:32am On Aug 26, 2023
As a young farmer, i noticed most older and experienced farmers within our farm area always want to visit and give some word of advise and encouragement. Being a coconut farmer where others are farming pepper, vegetables, rice and tomatoes is weird to them. Some of these farmers believes it gonna take time before harvesting and marketing.

At times, it is good to listen to some of these elderly farmers when they visit your farm voluntarily, while still sticking to your vision. On our coconut farm, we incorporated Taro (Cocoyam), Plantain and dwarf bananas and they are all doing well. In all, please do not joke with[b] genuine[/b] advises from older farmers (I was opportune to have elderly ones for that matter cheesy)

On our 5 acres farm, The coconut seeds had sprouted and we have transplanted close to 40 out of 98pcs. Some of the plantain we meet on the land before purchase, has started producing, in short, one of the tree is matured and ready for harvest. Pictures would be coming soon. cheesy cool cheesy
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2023
faoogoke:

My strong advice for you.

Please plan to deal with pests that attacked the coconut fruit as the pod opens.

Plan ahead for them.

They are presently frustrating the seedlings of the coconut tree I have at home.

Many have gone bad because of the attack by the pests. Best wishes.

Hello faoogoke, apologies for my late response. Can we see a picture of what you are referring to?
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by rainmoredays: 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
umuna:
As a young farmer, i noticed most older and experienced farmers within our farm area always want to visit and give some word of advise and encouragement. Being a coconut farmer where others are farming pepper, vegetables, rice and tomatoes is weird to them. Some of these farmers believes it gonna take time before harvesting and marketing.

At times, it is good to listen to some of these elderly farmers when they visit your farm voluntarily, while still sticking to your vision. On our coconut farm, we incorporated Taro (Cocoyam), Plantain and dwarf bananas and they are all doing well. In all, please do not joke with[b] genuine[/b] advises from older farmers (I was opportune to have elderly ones for that matter cheesy)

On our 5 acres farm, The coconut seeds had sprouted and we have transplanted close to 40 out of 98pcs. Some of the plantain we meet on the land before purchase, has started producing, in short, one of the tree is matured and ready for harvest. Pictures would be coming soon. cheesy cool cheesy
It's always a pleasure coming back to read from your thread.
I hope you still remember me.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 9:20am On Aug 27, 2023
rainmoredays:
It's always a pleasure coming back to read from your thread.
I hope you still remember me.

Aaaaah why will i forget someone like you! It is nice and encouraging too to see your comment. So how is life with you? and your coconut farm?
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by rainmoredays: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2023
umuna:

Aaaaah why will i forget someone like you! It is nice and encouraging too to see your comment. So how is life with you? and your coconut farm?
My coconut farm is doing well we bless God for that, just preparing myself for dry season wetting wahala.
My life! The economy is not smiling at my side, tinubu economy policies really dealing with me so badly.

1 Like

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2023
rainmoredays:
My coconut farm is doing well we bless God for that, just preparing myself for dry season wetting wahala.
My life! The economy is not smiling at my side, tinubu economy policies really dealing with me so badly.

It is well my brother. His policies without plan is telling on everybody. Small business are dying. I will chat you up on WhatsApp.
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by rainmoredays: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2023
umuna:

It is well my brother. His policies without plan is telling on everybody. Small business are dying. I will chat you up on WhatsApp.
Okay sir, I will be expecting your message
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by latonyn(m): 7:50am On Aug 28, 2023
Coconut planting as a form of investment

There are two ways to this:-

1. You get the seedling and plant it on your land, in front of your house or backyard.

2. You get the seedling and we help you plant it for free. The assigned project plot is FREE for LEASE (for ten years).

RETURN ON COCONUT INVESTMENT

🥥 A plot of coconut farm will give you (#300,000 to #500,000) annually on average.

🥥 An acre will give you 5million naira annually on average.

🥥 Our malays hybrid seedling will start fruiting after the 3rd year.

🥥 While each tree gives you 100 fruits on average

🥥 A fruit is sold @ #500 on average.

🥥 1 acre will contain 100 seedlings

🥥 1 plot will contain 15-20 seedings

P&C CONSULT.

For extensive info:-

Whatsapp me on 08165986309 to join the WhatsApp group
Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2023
latonyn:
Coconut planting as a form of investment

There are two ways to this:-

1. You get the seedling and plant it on your land, in front of your house or backyard.

2. You get the seedling and we help you plant it for free. The assigned project plot is FREE for LEASE (for ten years).

RETURN ON COCONUT INVESTMENT

🥥 A plot of coconut farm will give you (#300,000 to #500,000) annually on average.

🥥 An acre will give you 5million naira annually on average.

🥥 Our malays hybrid seedling will start fruiting after the 3rd year.

🥥 While each tree gives you 100 fruits on average

🥥 A fruit is sold @ #500 on average.

🥥 1 acre will contain 100 seedlings

🥥 1 plot will contain 15-20 seedings

P&C CONSULT.

For extensive info:-

Whatsapp me on 08165986309 to join the WhatsApp group

Hijacking of my thread is not acceptable. i have being holding back not to report your handle, but i thought it is even wise to let Nairalanders and coconut farmers know that it is highly unwise to lease land for coconut farming. For a would be coconut farmer, it is advisable you buy your land because hybrid tends to produce more as they mature in age. Coconuts are cash crops, so you don't need to lease a land for its farming. You buy the coconut seedlings, you plant for free, then you pay for lease of the land, you will be the one clearing the plantation before it start fruiting, so after 10 years, all your labour, becomes another persons property!

1 Like

Re: My Coconut Farm Experience by umuna(m): 7:12am On Sep 05, 2023
Picture 1&2 Seedlings.

Picture 3&4 transplanted young coconuts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria To Begin Exporting Rice From Kebbi State(photos) / Rice Mills In Nigeria Closedown After India’s Ban On Rice Exports / Get Thailand Dwarf Hybrid F1 Pawpaw Seeds And Seedlings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.