Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia (57131 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by pocohantas(f): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
ramalot:
I don't know the OP, but I'll attempt to offer some perspective on a few things about this thread. I don't think the OP is up to anything shady, as some have suggested. However, the OP has certainly overstated several things.

You are right. I stopped reading after I saw that comment about racism and Russian police. I have never been there, but I have two people, one family and another a friend of 14 years. They have both run out of Russia. One is in America, the other is back to Nigeria. The stories they told were not nice. However, they both love Russia in a way.

9 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by zoedew: 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
[quote author=mushroomFarm post=119484979]Let me leave you with these pictures of myself, my classmates with our language lecturer and me with my friends here in Yakutsk. grin grin
Despite being a federal university, we are only about 15 in a class. And they don't attempt to burden us with lectures. Itx the same way when you are teaching Russian kids. If a kid does not want to learn, it's fine. You don't have to force them.
Thanks for reading.[/quote
Thanks. You came across!
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by zoedew: 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Let me leave you with these pictures of myself, my classmates with our language lecturer and me with my friends here in Yakutsk. grin grin
Despite being a federal university, we are only about 15 in a class. And they don't attempt to burden us with lectures. Itx the same way when you are teaching Russian kids. If a kid does not want to learn, it's fine. You don't have to force them.
Thanks for reading.
Thanks!
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by castrokins(m): 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
Well Done �
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Oddfinder12: 10:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wainey:
Russia becoming the only white that loves black is a lie.

Montenegro sees blacks as unicorn.

There are no blacks in montenegro so when they see us, they begin to wonder where these exotic looking creatures get washed up from cos most of them only see us on tv's
Are u aware that only Russia agreed to build the ajaokuta steal factory in kogi state? Nigeria begged the west. Dem refuse. Na Russia agree to help build am

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by pansophist(m): 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
My God, Russia is freaking huge. I mean, you can't really comprehend how huge this country is. A country that spans three continents, from North America to Asia, and Europe. It's a transcontinental country.

From Yakutsk to Moscow is close to 9,000 km same country, meanwhile from Lagos to Moscow is a little over 6000 km. In other words, its closer to getting to Moscow from Nigeria, than from one part of Russia to another. Putin is easily the most powerful man on this planet, to control such a vast territory.

And what's even more interesting about Russia is that this is the smallest it has been, it was way bigger before, during the soviet union, and before they sold Alaska to the US, and Alaska is at least x2 bigger than Nigeria. Russia is simply a giant.

Modified

My calculation about the distance from Yakutsk to Moscow was wrong. Yakutsk is closer to Moscow than from Nigeria. Nevertheless, there are many countries that is closer to Moscow than cities within Russia.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Fowosere12: 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
Please I want to is COVID-19 test by PCR required to enter Russia from Nigeria I am going there in January 2023 please anyone should give me good information about this
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by juman(m): 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
They are more conservative society than the west.
So their children expected to behave respectively.
The east europe women are also respective like other third world country.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Fowosere12: 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
Please I want to ask a serious question is COVID-19 test by PCR required to enter Russia from Nigeria I am going there in January 2023 please anyone should give me good information about this
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
See Nigeria Best Airport as he be like Ijaiye Shopping Complexgrin

I'm always hissing whenever I go there to receive Clients.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by observanc1: 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:

You are right. I stoped reading after I saw that comment about racism and Russian police. I have never been there, but I two people, one family and another a friend of 14 years. They have both run out of Russia. One is in America, the other is back to Nigeria. The stories they told were not nice. However, they both love Russia in a way.
madam, how are u? If u were the one that posted this thread, it would have reached 50 pages by now, most comments just insulting you.
I read the guy's posts. He is just naive. Like hitting jackpot. Moving from Ilorin to Russia. Wow, it's like travelling through the times. He is just excited and I'm happy for him.
Just wish him all the best. He is just saying things as he he see and feel them. He praised overland, he praised Ethiopian Airways but nobody is talking of those.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by pocohantas(f): 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
observanc1:
madam, how are u? If u were the one that posted this thread, it would have reached 50 pages by now, most comments just insulting you.
I read the guy's posts. He is just naive. Like hitting jackpot. Moving from Ilorin to Russia. Wow, it's like travelling through the times. He is just excited and I'm happy for him.
Just wish him all the best. He is just saying things as he see and feel them. He praised overland, he praised Ethiopian Airways but nobody is talking of those.

Lol. I am fine. Nobody is talking of those ones because they are not as important as presenting Russia as Eldorado. You know there is a japa epidemic now? Next thing Nigerians are rushing there. The other day someone even said Kazakhstan is a lovely country. We should be careful what we post here. They just deported some of our brothers from India, Cambodia, Thailand and other dangerous countries o.

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
ramalot:
I don't know the OP, but I'll attempt to offer some perspective on a few things about this thread. I don't think the OP is up to anything shady, as some have suggested. However, the OP has certainly overstated several things.

The OP has done a good job documenting his journey, but too many people visit a place for a brief time, and make conclusively assertive statements, like "there is no racism in Russia." The more accurate statement is "I haven't experienced racism in Russia."

Just for context, I have only briefly transited Russia (only 6 hours in Moscow). However, my fiancee is native Russian (Slavic) and I'm Nigerian-American. We've lived together nearly 4 years, so she tells me a lot of firsthand things about Russia, from a native perspective.

A few things the OP has inadvertently overstated (by no ulterior motive of his, just a common thing people do):

1. Racism: I'm not someone who runs around yelling everything is racism, and I don't even watch TV news, so I have nearly zero media influence on my opinions. So is there racism in Russia? You bet your sweet ass, there is. Just like anywhere in the world, the majority of people are NOT racist. However, some native Russians have a significant racial prejudice against others. This isn't even mostly about blacks, as there aren't too many blacks in Russia.

The main victims of this racism and discrimination are from neighboring countries, like Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan etc. My lady tells me a lot of stories of how people from those places are regularly harassed in the streets, on trains and such. Typically being told to go back to their countries, by random people, and how she felt bad for them, whenever she saw it happen.

2. Russian Police: Russian police in the grand scheme of things are better than Nigerian police, but that is a very low bar to set. However, Russian police are also very corrupt. People bribe them on the streets, just like Nigerian police. So once again, instead of "Russian police are as clean as a whistle and incorruptible," the accurate statement is "In my time in Russia, I have had only good experiences with the police."

3. Development: Yes, the big Russian cities are developed. However, the "real Russia" is a lot of underdeveloped towns and villages, with dirt roads and babushkas everywhere. Russia is certainly much more developed than Nigeria, but also faces significant poverty and underdevelopment in its rural areas.

I also see a lot of people talking about the Asian people in the image. Yes, they're clearly ethnically Asian, and that's because Russia overlaps Europe and Asia. Russia is also the largest country in the world, with parts of it having ethnically Asian populations. Most parts have ethnic Russians, some parts have ethnic Turkic people (Bashkir, Tartar) etc.

All these different parts speak both Russian and their local languages. For instance, people in Bashkortostan, Russia speak Russian and Bashkir language. Russia is a lot more diverse than many people realize.

If you want a great travel vlogger who travels deep into the remote parts of Russia, check out "Bald and Bankrupt" on YouTube. You'll certainly be entertained.

And mushroomFarm, all the best with your studies.

Stop mentioning Russia and Nigeria in the same sentence. Look for a great and reasonable nation to mention not a 4th Shiiithole Place.

What is developed about Nigeria? I guess you don't know the meaning of "developed". Nonsense Comment.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by EdiskyHarry: 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
Honestly, what I was told was that Russians hate black people.
Today you have proven such assertion wrong.
Thanks so much, I need more of this here.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by PJAR: 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
OP, if you ever decide to open a YouTube channel, please share with us.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:

It may seem so. Itx just an honest review

Stop stressing yourself answering these negroes. As If the Id.iots love and care about themselves.

People wey be say most of them starting from the "stinky elites down to the wretched ones" are useless people dey Cap nonsense mtcheeeew.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Ojemedad: 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
observanc1:
Just wish him all the best. He is just saying things as he he see and feel them. He praised overland, he praised Ethiopian Airways but nobody is talking of those.

Yea, give him time

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Fowosere12: 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
I want to ask serious questions please is it mandatory to travel from Nigeria to Russia and COVID-19 test by PCR required
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by musicwriter(m): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Russians are probably the only white race in the world that do not hate black people.

That's very correct!

Russia has historically been on the side of African people for a very long time against Western imperialism and exploitation of Africa.

Here's a little historical rundown.....

Russia, under the rulership of king Petrov in the 18th century, made a black man named Abram Gannibal a king at a time when Western nations made us slaves.

Russia supported Ethiopia in the 1930's to defeat the fascist Italian Mussolini government against colonialism of Ethiopia.

Russia supported Kwame Nkrumah morally and financially to help Ghana get independence from Britain, which, of course, led to the freedom of all other African nations.

Russia was a major catalyst for the United Nations declaration of independence to all colonized European colonies.

Kwame Nkrumah got lot of intellectual help from Vladimir Lenin of Russia and was able to defeat Britain to make Ghana the first African country to be set free from colonialism. I can go on.

Russia has proved their love for black people "not by mouth" as we'll say in Nigeria.

The Russian foreign ministry have no idea of how to promote Russia's long standing friendship and love for black people. Education in Africa isn't helping matters too, else there's no way a properly educated African won't love Russia.

Russia is the only white country on the planet that has historically been on the side of Africa, followed by China. If you happen to run into Vladimir Putin by chance, tell him to get in touch with me and I'll tell his foreign ministry what to do cause they're sleeping. And tell Mikel Obi to get me a Russian wife. LOL!

If anybody needs more information about what I just said, go to www.africason.com and read the article: European crimes in Africa - European crimes caught on camera during colonization of Africa.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Lekwandoskii(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Get paid for sharing articles on Facebook. Don't just spend money running through Facebook, instead spend and earn whilst using the site...Follow the link below & start earning today �

https://buzz24.me/this-app-pays-you-to-share-articles-on-facebook?mbn=u07c8abb3e

Pls don't forget to share this link with your friends. Thanx �
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Alamkir: 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Am only seeing Asians, where are the Russians

mushroomFarm:
Let me leave you with these pictures of myself, my classmates with our language lecturer and me with my friends here in Yakutsk. grin grin
Thanks for reading.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by porthouse7(f): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Prosperity4All:

Siberia was annexed by Russia between the 17th and 18th century. Siberians are Chinese
is he close to Siberia or in Siberia?
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by bonnyhope: 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
ceeceeuwa:

What tools helped you in learning the language?.How is their PhD programs like?

@ op pls reply to this

I am interested in PHD program

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Web4life(m): 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Hello bro. Thanks for this expose. I want to do Masters in Law and PHD in Russia. I can teach English Language. How do runs this Russian visa thing.

Thanks.

mushroomFarm post=11948I 4979:
Thanks for reading.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by deji68: 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
Maybe things have changed in Russia , heard same storys from Friend who later moved to Germny. The all lived there about 20 years ago, it like comparing Germany 20 years ago to now, u could get killed if strayed out western part Berlin 20 years ago, but now i see lots of Blacks living there . .. depend on the time frame.
womenareapezz:
I'm not the one who say Russia is better!
I schooled in Russia and live in Russia for 3yrs after schooled before I left that country.

Russia are more racist than you think and they Mob blacks alot. I don't know the country op is thanking about that he say they have zero racism to black undecided

I really don't know the country op is talking about
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by viodemus: 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
Horokrox:
You must be a brain DEAD IDIOT

I know say na your useless papa you dey refer to. E gatz be because you na concentrated mumu.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by deji68: 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
Raciscm is everywhere , Ibo vs Yoruba, East German vs WestGerman, Niaja vsGhana, there lots of Good people who are not rasist in every society more than the rasist...
higgs:
This write up is quite misleading. Op is either naive or has some other motives. Racism is alive and well in Russia .
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by deji68: 11:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
Some part of Russia is in Asia........these a Mongols they are russians too
Alamkir:
Am only seeing Asians, where are the Russians

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by benqo01(m): 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wow this is well articulated OP u hv done well
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by ayomide8990(m): 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
0.Hadampson
1.Niklausefred
2. Fidelismaria
3. Nicoswit
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary (UK)*
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFap123
20.Daintyprincess
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
23.Tolzy11
24.RedChiefPriest
25.godsgabby
26.Jizzyjordan
27. Ayomide.
Please pardon me if I didn't mention your name

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by adamusuleiman3: 11:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
Oddfinder12:

Are u aware that only Russia agreed to build the ajaokuta steal factory in kogi state? Nigeria begged the west. Dem refuse. Na Russia agree to help build am
Feasibility studies is very important. Now we have billions of dollars waste. The plant has not been functional. Maybe West was right.

The USSR built a plant that needed Coal from present day Ukraine to operate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

African Woman Carries Her Luggage On The Head At The Airport In USA (Photo) / New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / What I Saw In An Airline Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.