Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia (57491 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by profmallor: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nice one, Go and excel. Remember to make us proud and rep us well. May God be with you.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Sweetvie: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
womenareapezz:
no I didn't stay in Russia! undecided
I stay in ajegule undecided

Is it your anus you use in reading? undecided no offense just curious? undecided
Lol... No vex
Av been to Russia before and the Russia you're talking about is totally different from the one I know.... Even ajegule is better than the Russia you describedgrin

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
viodemus:

I don't know which book you read, but I have not read any Russian book on the subject, because dem too like to white wash things.

Russia like many parts of Europe, had blacks before now, the Europeans began to get scared of uprisings, that was why they re-sold some and killed the rest.

Do you also know another major anger of Russia was/is that they couldn't colonize many african countries in time, but now they are in Central African Republic, and they will die than to let this small resources warehouse go anywhere.

Let us all be thankful that Russia didn't come in droves to africa like western Europe, because even America wouldn't be able to convince them to let go. heck, even France is having a hard time letting all the resources access go, not to talk about a very very mean Russia.

Russia was a slavery country. No different from America or UK. It is just that they don't care to write it in their history books.

You will soon write your own history textbook. Who told you European nations have ethnic Black people? Even the people in the northern and southern parts of Africa are not black, so how come Europeans are black?

People that live along the equator and the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn are black/darker than their comrades because their skins produces a lot of melanin to protect them from sunlight. Europe has less sunlight, which causes their skin to produce less melanin and thus become lighter. So what are you saying about Blacks Europeans? Those Ethnic Blacks were all former slaves.

Your comment about Russia in Central Africa and everything else that followed that comment is gibberish. I can't even follow the comments because you're all over the place. The fact that you talked about the US and France exploiting Africa indicates you know the problem of Africa. But instead of calling out the problems, you're trying to drag Russia into what they didn’t do? Who does Africa owe loans? Who mines and takes away our natural resources? Who enslaved and colonized us? Who controls our currencies? Follow history and follow your problems.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
jimetagambo:

Epistle because of a simple post of mine calling OP out "that racism does exists in Russia just like many other countries".

Unlike the OP, atleast I never pointed out that racism doesn't exist in Western Europe or North America. We all saw George Floyd's encounter.

Get a life and stop jumping on my posts on Nairaland, but if you are still angry that I mentioned that African students were killed by racists in Russia - truth, then help yourself by jumping into the Lagos lagoon.

Lol. Why did you edit the post? Even you said you mentioned Ukraine? How come your reference to Ukraine is missing? Your post was longer than this until I called you out.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by LyfeJennings(m): 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
It can only be an Ilorin guy
Who goes to Yakutsk
Omoooooo
U get extra life o

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by BreconHills(m): 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Please let me also add that Russian student Visa is not equivalent to a work Visa. You can only work for limited hours per week. However it turned out the university is cheap (Federal University) and if you can speak and teach English, employers will be willing to pay you well)
MAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA TOO AND MAKE US A GREAT NATION
If you ask me to summarize Russia in one phrase. I'd say
LOVING COUNTRY

This is a full report but your conclusions are personal. I know for a fact that their are right wing "ultras" in Russia who would not hesitate to inflict serious injury on a black person. For as long as the world is composed of human beings there will be variations in how they see the world and foreigners.
This post is in monochrome - no such country exists anywhere. The one sidednesss of the post is concerning.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by nedekid: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
greygoblings:

You will need to change some cash you have to dollars. Dollars can be changed to any local currency when you get there. Just change enough that should be less than 10,000 dollars in cash if not it will be seized for money laundering. When you get to the new country, buy a mobile phone and open a local bank account. Owning a dorm account from Nigeria should also make life easier over there. A naira account is too limited to be used.
But will naira dom account work? Our banks issue visa and master cards. Don't forget both card companies have left Russia due to sanctions.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Goodvibes007: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Now remember I talked about teaching in Russia. These pictures speakers louder than texts. The kids are super friendly. You are not allowed to beat them nor have any form of communications with them outside the school except for teenagers that are taking online lessons and extra lessons from you.
But the kids are extremely friendly.
But they can kill you with lots of questions about Africa. A kid once asked me in Russian
"I am very sorry for this question teacher but is it true that Africans developed from Monkeys?"
While I was thinking of a good answer, he cuts in
"Oh no teacher, you don't have to answer, I am sorry for asking such a rude question"
You can't allow them harm themselves so you can interfere if something bad is going to happen.
Teenagers or adults learning English with you are allowed to call you, essentially, just treat the kids and everyone else in Russia within the framework of the Russian laws. I mean, you can't hit nor beat the kids...but you can't hit nor beat anyone in the street either.
Just exactly as no one is allowed to hit nor beat you.
The kids are well mannered and cultured and I think this is because Russians have very good cultures especially when it comes to raising kids.
You should also know that these kids are allowed to use sophisticated phones even from age 2!
They have iphone 13s and the best smartphones.
They like to take pictures of you and you should not take offence with this. They will snap you even when you are not looking. They will show it to their friends and brag about it that they have a black teacher!
You cannot take these phones from them but you can ask them to put it away. You might ask "what if they refuse to put it away"
Well honestly, I have never asked a kid to put their phones away and they refused. I am sure the head teacher or administrators have the power to take the phones from them but they have never disobeyed me.
Russian kids are well mannered if you don't 'devalue' yourself. They will only, always be proud of you.
Really?
You may want to edit the racism sections of your post to give a more neutral view. Your posts looks too much like propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHEBy1e7aI

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Hassanmaye(m): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Let me leave you with these pictures of myself, my classmates with our language lecturer and me with my friends here in Yakutsk. grin grin
Despite being a federal university, we are only about 15 in a class. And they don't attempt to burden us with lectures. Itx the same way when you are teaching Russian kids. If a kid does not want to learn, it's fine. You don't have to force them.
Thanks for reading.
Thank you very much sir
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by observanc1: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
Op, Moscow is an European city too. Russia is in Eurasia. Parts of Russia are in Europe, Moscow included, while the rest are in Asia.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by AfonjaPriest: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
Russia is a country many people have not been to, yet demonized because of the prejudiced views of the West, fed to them.
I have met Russians in Nigeria and they are very friendly.
I know Nigerians that have been to Russia. I am even in contact with one who has been living there for over 30 years, married to a Russian woman, and with children. Once in a while, he comes to Nigeria, and then he goes back.
Very interesting, I must say of the Russian people and the country, Russia.
God bless Russia. Isé é!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Hassanmaye(m): 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Let me leave you with these pictures of myself, my classmates with our language lecturer and me with my friends here in Yakutsk. grin grin
Despite being a federal university, we are only about 15 in a class. And they don't attempt to burden us with lectures. Itx the same way when you are teaching Russian kids. If a kid does not want to learn, it's fine. You don't have to force them.
Thanks for reading.
For me that wants to relocate to Russia are there available religious buildings churches/mosques especially?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Prosperity4All: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
nettan:

I doubt it. Naira is not even accepted in Moscow talkless of Yakutsk.

This is coming from someone who lived and studied in Kharkiv Ukraine

LOL, where is Op getting his facts from
I was really surprised at such possibility

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Asour: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
womenareapezz:
haven't you been seeing people countering his point undecided

A word is enough for the wise! Go there and experience it yourself! undecided

They didn't say much.

They expressed skepticism and nothing much.

Some came with second hand single point experience.

I just wanted to know yours.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by somehow: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
Shebbs:
The People In Your Photos Look More Asian Than Russian.

Do you know how big Russia is?
Russia is located in both Europe and Asia and there are Asian-looking Russians especially in the "Asian-part of Russia.

Mind you, Russia is the biggest country in the world by land.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Elidrisy20: 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
Congrats,but who dey watch you for naija?
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by jimetagambo: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
Shoodboi:

Lol. Why did you edit the post? Even you said you mentioned Ukraine? How come your reference to Ukraine is missing? Your post was longer than this until I called you out.
I don't know what you are on about. My original post mentioned Ukraine. The same one you originally quoted.

Ukraine and Eastern Europe (Hungary, Poland, Serbia, e.t.c) are part of "many other countries".

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by grandstar(m): 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm

I hope you know that people of Yakutst are not ethnic Russians. They aren't white.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by zedegit: 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Thanks for reading.

I noticed you didn't censor the faces of the adults unlike the children. Is there any law behind it?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Kelvin3476: 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
colonelwealth:

OP, your thread is beautiful, informative, entertaining and inspiring.
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

I always know that Russians &Russia are amazing people and place, only those that want to be decieved by western propaganda will believe otherwise.

I pray God blesses your endeavors, academic pursuit and enriches you with health, blessings of the Russian land& good friends.

Pls make your loved ones and Nigeria proud by enhancing the good reputation of Nigeria and Africans at large.
I also wish you meet other good Nigerians and Africans who will connect well with you.

Keep more information about your Russian& japa experiences coming.

God bless you.
OOP MADE IT CLEAR THAT HE DOESN'T WANT THIS THREAD TO BE WEST VS RUSSIA SHIT, BT THE PERSON U ARE AND WHAT U BELIEVE WON'T UR REASONING TO FUNCTION.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Prosperity4All: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
porthouse7:
I enjoy reading ur story, but I have a question, what are this guy's looking Chinese? Is ur location close to Russia/ China border

Siberia was annexed by Russia between the 17th and 18th century. Siberians are Chinese

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Goodvibes007: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Prosperity4All:

LOL, where is Op getting his facts from
I was really surprised at such possibility
The post would have been very nice but the added propaganda here and there is what I don't understand Lol.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by RestructureNig6: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Hassanmaye:

For me that wants to relocate to Russia are there available religious buildings churches/mosques especially?

Bloody Muhamedian jihadist, why must religion be your concern? I'm glad Russia and China don't trust religious people like you, you must follow science or perish

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by zedegit: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wainey:
Russia becoming the only white that loves black is a lie.

Montenegro sees blacks as unicorn.

There are no blacks in montenegro so when they see us, they begin to wonder where these exotic looking creatures get washed up from cos most of them only see us on tv's

You just make your observations without calling him a liar.

Atleast be cultured.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Goodvibes007: 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:

There is nothing like Racism here. These people love blacks toooo much!

7. Russians are probably the only white race in the world that do not hate black people.

jimetagambo:

Russians like black so much?

Take it easy OP. I hope you are not one of those visa agents or perhaps you posted the above out of excitement. There are lots of racism in Russia, Ukraine, and many other Eastern European.
Those sections of the post I found very funny. Like what the fuk.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
Cheers for lecturing some Russia hating goons, they hate Russia because America tells them to hate Russia, they hate Russia without ever been to Russia.

Russia is a great country, better than the zoo called Nigeria.

Spasibo! Udachi!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by jr3: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
nice

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by viodemus: 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
Shoodboi:

You will soon write your own history textbook. Who told you European nations have ethnic Black people? Even the people in the northern and southern parts of Africa are not black, so how come Europeans are black?

People that live along the equator and the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn are black/darker than their comrades because their skins produces a lot of melanin to protect them from sunlight. Europe has less sunlight, which causes their skin to produce less melanin and thus become lighter. So what are you saying about Blacks Europeans? Those Ethnic Blacks were all former slaves.

Your comment about Russia in Central Africa and everything else that followed that comment is gibberish. I can't even follow the comments because you're all over the place. The fact that you talked about the US and France exploiting Africa indicates you know the problem of Africa. But instead of calling out the problems, you're trying to drag Russia into what they didn’t do? Who does Africa owe loans? Who mines and takes away our natural resources? Who enslaved and colonized us? Who controls our currencies? Follow history and follow your problems.

I get time small today.

na you dey yarn garbage talk. Reset your reasoning.

Russians bought and sold slaves, even used them to fight some of their civil wars. Learn to read, I never said africans were ethnic to europe. But russia bought slaves, it was a normal thing for Europeans back then. A group of 60 people or more would sit and be planning for weeks on how to get on a ship to take them to africa or a slave trade high seas, where they can get their own slaves and sell or use for money or pleasure. Russia was still up and coming in the 1600s 1700s but the places that make up Russia today had slaves then. Portugese were already selling african slaves since 1400s, while the middle easterns were selling slaves even before that. It was a very normal thing back then.

You are also talking unwisely about how western people did loan and this and that, just know that if you owe russia there will be no negotiating without resources compensation. It will be good that we africans know that if you are not under the influence of US, then you will be under Russia, or under china. As for me, I will rather the USA eat with me than the other options. Nobody is your friend on the world stage, except your fellow African countries. Nobody has your back like how African countries expect others to babysit them and do houseboy for them. No time for that on the world stage. You will get respect by having solid foundational laws for everyone and achieving some technological breakthroughs

I pray that God continue to help me punish Russia everyday of the week. A very wicked place and people.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by mmsen: 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
OP is a LIAR.

Russians love blacks? Wetin this one done smoke for dat place?

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by saxywale2: 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
BreconHills:

This is a full report but your conclusions are personal. I know for a fact that their are right wing "ultras" in Russia who would not hesitate to inflict serious injury on a black person. For as long as the world is composed of human beings there will be variations in how they see the world and foreigners.
This post is in monochrome - no such country exists anywhere. The one sidednesss of the post is concerning.
I agree. It keeps me wondering what other part of his posts are lies.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
Guyman01:

They love seeing blacks in Afro hairstyles or full dreadlocks abroad. My cousin in an Eastern European country just changed his hair from skin cut to Afro
abi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by womenareapezz: 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sweetvie:
Lol... No vex
Av been to Russia before and the Russia you're talking about is totally different from the one I know.... Even ajegule is better than the Russia you describedgrin
I'm not the one who say Russia is better!
I schooled in Russia and live in Russia for 3yrs after schooled before I left that country.

Russia are more racist than you think and they Mob blacks alot. I don't know the country op is thanking about that he say they have zero racism to black undecided

I really don't know the country op is talking about

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Photos Of Airpeace 124-Seater Embraer 195-E2 Aircraft / Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo / FRSC Official Crushed By A Moving Tanker While Chasing Bus Driver (graphic Pic)

Viewing this topic: providencia(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.