Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp (16108 Views)

Peter Obi Celebrates His 62nd Birthday In IDP Camps In Mangu, Plateau State / Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri / Saraki Spends Children's Day In Benue With Kids In IDP Camp (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by MiaBeer(m): 10:38am On Dec 28, 2022
Afamed:
The question is, what did the Pandora fraud do differently when he was a Gov for 8 years?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by adefitim(m): 10:43am On Dec 28, 2022
Hmmm that’s true.

A man dear to people’s hearts
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Musauzor(m): 10:46am On Dec 28, 2022
HE Peter Obi knows the problems of Nigeria and he has solutions to the problems. The BATstard will worsen Nigeria's problems just like PMB has done.
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by grandstar(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2022
Wiseandtrue:
Should we even be talking about IDP camps if not for the IDP politicians we have around

To think that they still want to continue their maladministration undecided

The world does not know if it's hausa, Igbo or Yoruba that is in the IDP, all they know is some Nigerians are in the IDP

Peter Obi abeg fire on!!!

There will be IDP camps in the Northeast for a long time as I don't see the Islamic insurgents disappearing any time. It is not easy defeating insurgents especially when they are at the borders of other countries. They can easily slip in and out of Nigeria into neighboring countries. The Taliban operations in Afghaistan is a good example.

Also, Boko Haram actions are fuelled by religion which they believe rewards martyrdom with endless life and beautiful virgins. It is for a selfless course.

The best the military can do is to contain them, if possible, limit their activities to a very few local governments. Presently they only operate in Bornu, Yobe and Adamawa. They shouldn't be allowed to go beyond those states. I suspect their activities in Adamawa has stopped so might operate only in 2 states.

The number of people in the camps can be reduced as the army keeps containing the militants and freeing more and more areas from their control.

The bandits can be defeated as they are largely driven by greed. It's buhari's inactions that has emboldened them.
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Chrismania100: 10:50am On Dec 28, 2022
Nobody is supporting Tinubu, these are online paid urchins trying to brainwash people like you in to changing and having negative minds about Peter obi.After shouting no structure, no structure up and down, they are now coming to the terms that Peter Obi is a man to beat, the reason you always see them following him online,up and down like foolld they are.In a free and fait Election, Tinubu APC wil not.see a distance 4th position,which these paid criminals called Urchins knows about it.Thiefnub is working round the clock looking for way to crack the rigging nut.The Odukpe and Emefile drama are Tinubu evil handwork.
Come February 2023, their body go soon tell them that this is not business as usual.

spy24:
The hate some of you have for Peter Obi is borne out of fear and ethnic bias...

You Africans have a closed mind and cant reason beyond petty sentiments. At the least we deserve what we get from our government in this country. At this rate we are no longer victims but accomplice to the evil that befall us.

How can anybody in his right sense campaign for APC ? Just how ?

Unimaginable.... Spits
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by tsdarkside(m): 10:54am On Dec 28, 2022
and you was in the party that allowed it to happen....
olomo stomach infrawetin.

make this igbo park well joor....
rubbish people....
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by nnamdi640: 10:57am On Dec 28, 2022
plaindealer:

And where is anambra today? Your youths are terrorists, killers, ESN, UGM Johadist, barbaric and evil bloodthirsty clowns.

They are your slave masters since they've successfully enslaved the whole of igboland to sit at home or die.

The SE is the poorest and the most unproductive region in Nigeria so of what relevance is your meaningless and irrelevant rubbish?

obi himself won't dare sleep or take a nap in his own anambra, he sleeps comfortably in Tinubu's Lagos, his own daughter sef don't even know the road to anambra, she too dey Tinubu's Lagos.

The joke is always on you..
Lol what does sit at home has to do with our argument. You guys don't just know what to use against Obi. It is a pity that you guys knows the truth that Obi is a good man but pretend to hate him just because of your selfish interest towards that criminal and a drug baron parading himself as politician (Theivnubu)
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by tsdarkside(m): 10:59am On Dec 28, 2022
nnamdi640:
Lol what does sit at home has to do with our argument. You guys do just know what to use against Obi. It is a pity that you guys knows the truth that Obi is a good man but pretend to hate him just because of your selfish interest towards that criminal and a drug baron parading himself as politician (Theivnubu)

you igbos cant tell us anything....
obi will loose....
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by emmanuelbrown26: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2022
gypsey:
He papa no get land, na for IDP camp dem dey live.
Lolssssss, I dey wait for that idiot to bet wit me 2m if en whole household get upto that
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by CheapHomes1: 11:08am On Dec 28, 2022
olatuns2017:

Obi achievement is ritual and drugs

But you haven't answered the questions I asked ...Can you show us this obis 3rd class certificate? I really need to see it.

Regarding the academic successes of members of your family, how many of them have achieved what obi a "third class" graduate has achieved?
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by CheapHomes1: 11:10am On Dec 28, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

I raised two points. Which of them went over your head?

Is it the one that says Obi does not understand the concept of right and wrong

OR

The one that Obi is a blabbermouth who talks before he thinks just to give the impression that he cares?

How does obi not understand the concept of right and wrong and how does your analogy buttress that point?

How is obi a "blabbermouth"? How do you know that he doesn't care? If he doesn't truly care, why are so hurt that he doesn't care?
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Segol: 11:14am On Dec 28, 2022
Those who complain are not always good problem solvers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by CheapHomes1: 11:15am On Dec 28, 2022
gypsey:
You can try from now till March 2023 to understand that rubbish talk you will never get it. grin some of the individuals on here reasons like 12 years old minors.
You are absolutely correct. Is it "12 years old" or "12 year old"?

Is it "reasons" or "reason"?

Am surprised that as an adult, you can't make those distinction except you telling me that you qualify as one of those who reason like a 12year old.
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by PointZerom: 11:17am On Dec 28, 2022
olatuns2017:

Obi is mumu man

Nobody ever has 3rd class in Uni (minimum is 2,1) in my family
And we are not a ritualistic like Obi and brothers !

Continue your ritual and 419

If a ritualist is doing better than You're.....SHAME ON YOU AND YOUR USELESS EDUCATION.
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by fredoooooo: 11:21am On Dec 28, 2022
Anyenmoney:
If you are still supporting APC or PDP presidency, mehn! You are the real problem of Nigeria.

Peter Obi for President of Nigeria.
Sanwo-Olu for Governor of Lagos state.
Bread and Beans for my Stomach.

Thank you.
Peter obi was a pdp ..
Want something new , try sowore
Want an already proven candidate..TINUBU
Want to go back to poverty, Obi
Want Nigeria to be sold Atiku

BATSHETTIMA23

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Judgesledge(m): 11:28am On Dec 28, 2022
Ikpaitid:
God punish the flat head IPOB fool,na IPOBLAND be IDP.
You can curse all you like, fact still remains that we have fellow Nigerians living and giving birth in IDP camps, which is a shame and you are here throwing epileptic tantrum
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:30am On Dec 28, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How does obi not understand the concept of right and wrong and how does your analogy buttress that point?

How is obi a "blabbermouth"? How do you know that he doesn't care? If he doesn't truly care, why are so hurt that he doesn't care?

OK, I will explain.

Obi does not understand right and wrong.

One evidence is in the fact that he never saw anything wrong with investing state funds in a family business. One would expect that a successful businessman like Obi would understand the meaning of conflict of interest. Yet, while he was running mate to Atiku Abubakar, Obi justified his investing public funds in a family business. The question is, could he say that if he were an elected officer in a developed country like the United States?

Another evidence is in the fact that Obi asked his supporters to collect money from other politicians and vote for him. This advice has many moral implications. Nigeria has struggled with vote selling for years. However, Obi does not seem to understand that he is asking people to collect money with the impression that they are selling their votes. Bribery is a corrupt act. The receiver is just as guilty of the crime as the giver. It is the same with vote buying and selling. Let us suppose that an undercover agent catches an Obidient member collecting money from PDP or APC, for example, what does Obi expect would be the fate of such an Obidient member? Of course, the law will charge him with vote selling. And yet, it was Obi that gave him that terrible advice.

Now to the question of why Obi is a blabbermouth. IDPs in a country do not translate to everyone being an IDP in that country. This is a blanket statement. In fact, in philosophy (which is where Obi has a bachelor's degree), the premise is faulty, and therefore the conclusion will invariably be faulty.

Premise: There are Nigerians in IDP camps in Nigeria

Conclusion: Therefore, Nigeria is an IDP camp.

This is similar to:

Premise: There are Nigerians in Chinese companies in Nigeria.

Conclusion: Therefore, Nigeria is a Chinese company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by spy24(m): 11:32am On Dec 28, 2022
Tflex01:

Lmao. Story! If you search your conscience very well you will realise that the hate you all have for Tinubu is tribal as well.

Lies and lies

The reason most of us don't support Tinubu is because he's among the old guard that brought this country to where it is now. He's sick and unfit to be president it has little or nothing to do with tribalism

It is just common sense and logic
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by boldtruthalways: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2022
Ikpaitid:
God punish the flat head IPOB fool,na IPOBLAND be IDP.
Try and get some sense. Ut will help your frustrated life. Hunger don reset your brain.
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You are absolutely correct. Is it "12 years old" or "12 year old"?

Am surprised that as an adult, you can't make those distinction except you telling me that you qualify as one of those who reason like a 12year old.
So all you are interested in are my spelling mistakes. grin well...you teach me how to spell these words i would like to learn.. I wear glasses when typing my visions are not very good hence my spelling mistakes, if you want to mock me because of my poor vision also, you can, it doesn't bother me, grin if anything i was agreeing with you that i couldn't understand that individual's comment either. Spelling mistakes doesn't mean i am stupid or unreasonable.

Have a good day. Oops! I hope i spelt this Have good day correctly. undecided grin

And oh! did you know that some English white people born and bred in England can not spell some English words correctly?

Did you know that some world's leaders and prominent people have difficulties spelling or writting in English, i guess that makes them stupid, did you know that there is a medical condition called dyslexia?

You really need to get out more. grin
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by somtochukwu853: 11:49am On Dec 28, 2022
2023 would be a great year for Nigerians because Peter Obi would win the election.This I have seen.2023 would be a great year for Nigerians because Peter Obi would win the election.This I have seen....
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Anyenmoney(m): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:

You people should end this rubbish talk! Una no get sense at all?

Is Peter Obi not PDP! Was he not in PDP for years even this year.

Why are you guys so clueless!

You can only deceive clueless people like you.

Like I always say, uou people keep shouting Peter Obi will be declared winner before 8am and all those nonsense talks.

If any of you is sure of your Yeye Obi becoming president, come and bet N2,000,000 on him.

Good riddance!

Go and give your imaginary N2,000,000 to your dwindling families and village chiefs, and don't forget to thank your mother for not aborting you.
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by cardoctor(m): 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
True talk
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by CheapHomes1: 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
gypsey:
So all you are interested in are my spelling mistakes. grin well...you teach me how to spell these words i would like to learn.. I wear glasses when typing my visions are not very good hence my spelling mistakes, if you want to mock me because of my poor vision also, you can, it doesn't bother me, grin if anything i was agreeing with you that i couldn't understand that individual's comment either. Spelling mistakes doesn't mean i am stupid or unreasonable.

Have a good day. Oops! I hope i spelt this Have good day correctly. undecided grin

And oh! did you know that some English white people born and bred in England can not spell some English words correctly?

Did you know that some world's leaders and prominent people have difficulties spelling or writting in English, i guess that makes them stupid, did you know that there is a medical condition called dyslexia?

You really need to get out more. grin

Who said anything about spelling mistakes?

You didn't answer my questions...

Is it "12 years old" or "12 year old"?

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Tflex01: 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
spy24:

Lies and lies

The reason most of us don't support Tinubu is because he's among the old guard that brought this country to where it is now. He's sick and unfit to be president it has little or nothing to do with tribalism

It is just common sense and logic

That is the reason why I said you should search your conscience. 99.99% of you guys against Tinubu hate him because he's Yoruba and you are only using health and age as a cover up. Check some of your old posts of about a year below.
You all hated him for tribal reasons even before he started saying "balablu"... grin

Your support for Obi is tribal too because if it is by antecedents, Tinubu is far better.

Have a nice day.

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Who said anything about spelling mistakes?

You didn't answer my questions...

Is it "12 years old" or "12 year old"?

I don't know, you tell me! What exactly is your point? If you cannot or don't want to, then move on! i have! cheesy i am dyslexic!
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by confydoedowaye(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Anyenmoney:
If you are still supporting APC or PDP presidency, mehn! You are the real problem of Nigeria.

Peter Obi for President of Nigeria.
Sanwo-Olu for Governor of Lagos state.
Bread and Beans for my Stomach.

Thank you.

E make sence ohh...
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by CheapHomes1: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

OK, I will explain.

Obi does not understand right and wrong.

One evidence is in the fact that he never saw anything wrong with investing state funds in a family business. One would expect that a successful businessman like Obi would understand the meaning of conflict of interest. Yet, while he was running mate to Atiku Abubakar, Obi justified his investing public funds in a family business. The question is, could he say that if he were an elected officer in a developed country like the United States?

Another evidence is in the fact that Obi asked his supporters to collect money from other politicians and vote for him. This advice has many moral implications. Nigeria has struggled with vote selling for years. However, Obi does not seem to understand that he is asking people to collect money with the impression that they are selling their votes. Bribery is a corrupt act. The receiver is just as guilty of the crime as the giver. It is the same with vote buying and selling. Let us suppose that an undercover agent catches an Obidient member collecting money from PDP or APC, for example, what does Obi expect would be the fate of such an Obidient member? Of course, the law will charge him with vote selling. And yet, it was Obi that gave him that terrible advice.

Now to the question of why Obi is a blabbermouth. IDPs in a country do not translate to everyone being an IDP in that country. This is a blanket statement. In fact, in philosophy (which is where Obi has a bachelor's degree), the premise is faulty, and therefore the conclusion will invariably be faulty.

Premise: There are Nigerians in IDP camps in Nigeria

Conclusion: Therefore, Nigeria is an IDP camp.

This is similar to:

Premise: There are Nigerians in Chinese companies in Nigeria.

Conclusion: Therefore, Nigeria is a Chinese company.

What family business did obi invest government funds in?

Even if it were true, how does automatically translate to not understanding right and wrong?

If you say he is a "successful businessman", how did he become a "successful businessman" without knowing right and wrong?

How does asking his supporters to collect money from other politicians and vote for him mean that he doesn't understand right and wrong?

What are the moral implications of such move?

What is the "vote selling" in this instance? What is the bribery there?

This is the entire quote below:

“If Nigerians are made to leave their homes and live in IDP camps, then Nigeria as a country is an IDP camp because these are Nigerians that should be in their homes.

“The purpose of government is to care for its citizens and the first line of care is the less privileged, government takes care of the less privileged people.

“My commitment is to ensure that every Nigerian sleeps and wakes up feeling proud to be a Nigerian and not live in an IDP camp.”

How's that out of place?
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by CheapHomes1: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
gypsey:
I don't know, you tell me! What exactly is your point? If you cannot or don't want to, then move on! i have! cheesy

Why should I tell you? I thought you said "some of the individuals on here reasons like 12 years old minors"? Are you now saying that you want those who "reasons like 12years old minors" to correct you?
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Madmohamed123: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
Trapnews:

I am certain the SSA will track and put you away for crimes committed against our galant officers. I hope sensible Nigerians will desist from campaigning for enemies of Nigeria.
m..D man
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Why should I tell you? I thought you said "some of the individuals on here reasons like 12 years old minors"? Are you now saying that you want those who "reasons like 12years old minors" to correct you?
Mate, i don't know what your problem is but the 12 year olds i was refering to didn't include you, again, i repeat! i was reffering to the individual you quoted, i was also agreeing with your comments. If i have upset you in anyway personally by reffering to some people on here as 12 years olds (excluding you) then i apologise. sad

I have dyslexia you have to make your point clear for me to understand, i do not claim to be highly intelligent, obviously you are. Now move da hell on! Unless there is anything else you want from me or any other hidden points you are trying to proof. Otherwise grin You win! move on! Please! Jeeeez!
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by nnamdi640: 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
tsdarkside:

you igbos cant tell us anything....
obi will loose....

And you believe that Theivnubu will win. I pity you guys, hope you know that north block vote for Bat is on the mud.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Speaker Monday Igbuya Pictured With Ibori In UK / Why Boko Haram Deserves Amnesty — Presidency / The Deplorable State Of Udung Uko LGA Legislative Chamber In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.