Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp (16039 Views)

Peter Obi Celebrates His 62nd Birthday In IDP Camps In Mangu, Plateau State / Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri / Saraki Spends Children's Day In Benue With Kids In IDP Camp (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Ofunaofu: 7:32am On Dec 28, 2022
•Says LP’s campaign strategy remains despite DG’s replacement

The Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi, has said for as long as there were Nigerians, who are forced to leave their homes to live in Internally Displaced Persons, IDP, camp, Nigeria remains an IDP camp.

Obi while answering questions from journalists after the unveiling of the new Director General of the Obi-Datti Presidential Campaign Council, Prof. Akin Osuntokun, in Abuja, yesterday, explained that his aspiration was built on his conviction that Nigerians deserve better in terms of leadership than what they were getting at the moment.

He said: “We are trying to build a better Nigeria. Over this period, I have been traveling, I have been in various states visiting people in difficult positions, living in IDP camps.

“If Nigerians are made to leave their homes and live in IDP camps, then Nigeria as a country is an IDP camp because these are Nigerians that should be in their homes.

“The purpose of government is to care for its citizens and the first line of care is the less privileged, government takes care of the less privileged people.

“My commitment is to ensure that every Nigerian sleeps and wakes up feeling proud to be a Nigerian and not live in an IDP camp.”

In response to a question on the latest projection by THISDAY Newspaper placing him at a disadvantage in comparison to other contestants, Obi said: “Projection is different from (opinion) polls. A poll is when you ask actual people, a projection is when you imagine, they are two different things.”

He expressed confidence that Nigerian youths, whom he described as hardworking and resourceful were determined this time around to work with progressive minded elders to take back the country and make it work for all.

According to him, Nigerian youths are not lazy they were only looking for opportunities to compete favourably with their contemporaries on the global stage.

He noted that the kind of leadership he and his team were offering Nigerians is one that would turn such dreams into reality.

Earlier, he explained that replacing Okupe as Campaign DG does not mean a change in strategy.

He noted that the party’s campaign strategy remains the same with a commitment to take back Nigeria from the forces that have brought it to ruins.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/as-long-as-citizens-are-in-idp-camps-nigeria-is-an-idp-camp-peter-obi/

152 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Anyenmoney(m): 7:41am On Dec 28, 2022
If you are still supporting APC or PDP presidency, mehn! You are the real problem of Nigeria.

Peter Obi for President of Nigeria.
Sanwo-Olu for Governor of Lagos state.
Bread and Beans for my Stomach.

Thank you.

431 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Afamed: 7:44am On Dec 28, 2022
The question is, what did the Pandora fraud do differently when he was a Gov for 8 years?

61 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Afamed: 7:51am On Dec 28, 2022
Anyenmoney:
If you are still supporting APC or PDP presidency, mehn! You are the real problem of Nigeria.

Thank you.

But your Pandora fraud was part and parcel of PDP till June, Who una want deceive here?

62 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:54am On Dec 28, 2022
Should we even be talking about IDP camps if not for the IDP politicians we have around

To think that they still want to continue their maladministration undecided

The world does not know if it's hausa, Igbo or Yoruba that is in the IDP, all they know is some Nigerians are in the IDP

Peter Obi abeg fire on!!!

Modified:
grandstar:

There will be IDP camps in the Northeast for a long time as I don't see the Islamic insurgents disappearing any time. It is not easy defeating insurgents especially when they are at the borders of other countries. They can easily slip in and out of Nigeria into neighboring countries. The Taliban operations in Afghaistan is a good example.

Also, Boko Haram actions are fuelled by religion which they believe rewards martyrdom with endless life and beautiful virgins. It is for a selfless course.

The best the military can do is to contain them, if possible, limit their activities to a very few local governments. Presently they only operate in Bornu, Yobe and Adamawa. They shouldn't be allowed to go beyond those states. I suspect their activities in Adamawa has stopped so might operate only in 2 states.

The number of people in the camps can be reduced as the army keeps containing the militants and freeing more and more areas from their control.

The bandits can be defeated as they are largely driven by greed. It's buhari's inactions that has emboldened them.
How come the soldiers are very effective, mounting road blocks everywhere in the South East but are clueless and powerless in the north undecided

Are you not missing anything

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Roboto11: 7:57am On Dec 28, 2022

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Ikpaitid: 8:07am On Dec 28, 2022
God punish the flat head IPOB fool,na IPOBLAND be IDP.

23 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Lionnation: 8:24am On Dec 28, 2022
Ikpaitid:
1kobo sense you don't have

256 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:25am On Dec 28, 2022
Anyenmoney:

Thank you.

You people should end this rubbish talk! Una no get sense at all?

Is Peter Obi not PDP! Was he not in PDP for years even this year.

Why are you guys so clueless!

You can only deceive clueless people like you.

Like I always say, uou people keep shouting Peter Obi will be declared winner before 8am and all those nonsense talks.

If any of you is sure of your Yeye Obi becoming president, come and bet N2,000,000 on him.

Good riddance!

32 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Madmohamed123: 8:27am On Dec 28, 2022
Ikpaitid:
you should asept that you are leaving in IDP camp don't worry obi will help so you can go home.

By the way I'm proud to be a Biafra if north can call their self aliwa yeruba oduduwa no body harassing them who are you to tell me I'm not IPOB I'm a Biafra nothing I min nothing anybody can do about it.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by StrongAlphMale: 8:27am On Dec 28, 2022
Prepare your mind for a New Nigeria. Peter Obi has come. Nigeria’s turn has come.

From a Twitter president, he was promoted to a Tribal president.

From a Tribal president, they promoted him to a Christian president.

From a Christian president to president of Nigerian youths.

From president of Nigerian youths, he will be promoted to President of Nigeria in 2023. It’s a process and we are happy with his presidential journey.

134 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by StrongAlphMale: 8:28am On Dec 28, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:

You people should end this rubbish talk! Una no get se se at all?

Is Peter Obi not PDP!

Why are you guys so clueless!

You can only deceive clueless people like you

If shame still dey let you say vote APC in 2023, na super glue Dem supposed use melt that Brain of yours

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Obaofaba: 8:28am On Dec 28, 2022
This guy ...........
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by plaindealer: 8:28am On Dec 28, 2022
When even IDP folks hate you and don't want to see a worthless political opportunist and eye service devil using their condition to play puerile and dumb ipob politics.

grin grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by SoftP(m): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2022
Q
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by spy24(m): 8:36am On Dec 28, 2022
The hate some of you have for Peter Obi is borne out of fear and ethnic bias...

You Africans have a closed mind and cant reason beyond petty sentiments. At the least we deserve what we get from our government in this country. At this rate we are no longer victims but accomplice to the evil that befall us.

How can anybody in his right sense campaign for APC ? Just how ?

Unimaginable.... Spits

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Obidient4life2: 8:36am On Dec 28, 2022
The kind of News that pains Urchins and Mikanites

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Akfrenzy(m): 8:36am On Dec 28, 2022
Peter obi we know

Others are against our existence as Nigerians

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by opalu: 8:36am On Dec 28, 2022
True
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Soso990240(m): 8:36am On Dec 28, 2022
Both Tinubu, Kwankwaso and Atiku know that Obi is the better candidate, but Greed won't allow them step down for him. If not, why did Atiku and Kwankwaso want Obi so bad to be their VP? As for Tinubu, even Buhari doesn't want him to win. CBN policies now are to cut his money politics. Vote buying which Tinubu depends on will fail him in 2023

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Tonypen247(m): 8:36am On Dec 28, 2022
Hmm
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Chidex500: 8:37am On Dec 28, 2022
Afamed:
The question is, what did the Pandora fraud do differently when he was a Gov for 8 years?
BAT is the main culprit at the Pandora Papers. Read it again

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by princeryle1: 8:37am On Dec 28, 2022
Ok
Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by FalseProphet1(m): 8:37am On Dec 28, 2022
2023 would be a great year for Nigerians because Peter Obi would win the election.

This I have seen.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by id4sho(m): 8:38am On Dec 28, 2022
grin
Warning shots fired!!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Houseofglam7(f): 8:38am On Dec 28, 2022
cry

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 28, 2022
Make this man enter sef make we see wetin he wan do. I v seen what Tinubu and Atiku can do. Let's support Obi.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Oddfinder12: 8:38am On Dec 28, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 8:38am On Dec 28, 2022
Incoming president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has spoken. On your mandate we stand come 2023.

Sane Yoruba youths are solidly behind you. Miscreants are on their own.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by StrongAlphMale: 8:38am On Dec 28, 2022
I'll urge peter Obi to start preparing his inugration speech now, he is no Doubt the next president of Nigeria.

23 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: As Long As Citizens Are In IDP Camps, Nigeria Is An IDP Camp by Akfrenzy(m): 8:38am On Dec 28, 2022
Afamed:

The question is , how old were u when he was the governor of Anambra state and have u ever spent 2 yrs in Anambra in ur entire yeye Urchin life ? ?

43 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

U.S Political Analysist: Are Africans Too Dumb To Develope? / I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC / Why I Rejected Anti-corruption Panel Job – Justice Salami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.