Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi (27655 Views)

Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel / How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness / Bolanle Raheem: Sanwo-Olu’s Delegation Visits Raheem Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by xandy84: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
You're 100% wrong. In a saner climate like you said, police chiefs do not resign cos of actions of trigger happy police man. Why should IG resign for someone else actions beyond his control? Saner climate ain't heaven. It's between hell and heaven like Nigeria. Police kill unharmed citizen in America too and even a lady was killed in her apartment in Texas by police. Ever heard about Angola before, that prison is worse than kirikiri...

yerokunphilips:
In a saner climes the IG himself will resign .
I don't think there's any country on earth where the police murder her citizens like Nigeria. A friend ones said it's better you have argument with a mad man holding a gun ,than having a conversation (not argument )Nigeria police.

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by litaninja(m): 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
Lol. He'll be from jos if I had to guess.

ImperialYoruba:
What a name! Which ethnic group carry this kind Drambi Vandi name? This country has layers upon layers of unresolvable and irreconciliable issues.

Why do i share same country with a Drambi Vandi?
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Triangles1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
abobote:

*Hire(higher), those(does)

Thank you.
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Ibechris2: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
ImperialYoruba:
What a name! Which ethnic group carry this kind Drambi Vandi name? This country has layers upon layers of unresolvable and irreconciliable issues.

If care is not taken,that guy could be from Benin Republic,Niger or even Togo.
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
abbey621:

Then when you're being robbed at gun point or touts starts slashing tires and breaking glass, would you want the police to come and save you? Perhaps you prefer to defend yourself? The solution is not removal of firearms but proper training and mandatory/on-going drug test and psych evaluation for officers.
Stop thinking like that. We all know the main reason they are on the road is to make money off motorists and not any of those excuses you're putting up. Most of the time, they are doing routine traffic duty like checking vehicle particulars and driver's license.
That's what I'm pointing out that you don't need a gun to do such duty and there are agencies with statutory duty to do such duties on the road without bearing arms.
And which tout will come out in the daytime to slash tires and break glasses of innocent people. Sofri sofri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by almayda: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
Just like the head of the Police department resigned when Floyd was murdered in the US...oh sorry,USA is not a saner clime,so for every infraction committed by a police officer,the IG should resign abi?quote author=yerokunphilips post=119497779]In a saner climes the IG himself will resign .
I don't think there's any country on earth where the police murder her citizens like Nigeria. A friend ones said it's better you have argument with a mad man holding a gun ,than having a conversation (not argument )Nigeria police.

[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Deltavariant(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
If not for lawyer/attorney status, the society & government would have cared less. AbdulGafaru was killed in a similar way but what happened...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Khallicopyro: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
He should face the firing squad. Anything less is not acceptable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by abbey621(m): 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Stop thinking like that. We all know the main reason they are on the road is to make money off motorists and not any of those excuses you're putting up. Most of the time, they are doing routine traffic duty like checking vehicle particulars and driver's license.
That's what I'm pointing out that you don't need a gun to do such duty and there are agencies with statutory duty to do such duties on the road without bearing arms.
And which tout will come out in the daytime to slash tires and break glasses of innocent people. Sofri sofri

So basically you refused to answer the question. If you were being robbed or about to be kidnapped, would you prefer to defend yourself or have someone from the force defend you? Remove sentiments from your mind and focus on the question, you would realize your solution is nothing but comic relief. In the USA, as advanced as it may seem, the police still carry arms, the more dangerous a society the more protection the officers need hence the arms. In Lagos this year, over 50 gun battles between robbers and police, in Ogun the same, police are not there just for traffic stops! Yes the bad eggs among them neglects their duties but if we used that to say the entire force is useless then we are just setting ourselves up for more hurting, reforms are needed not just POLICE BAD, POLICE BAD, that most of una dey like to yarn all the time.
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
yerokunphilips:

stop living in illusion. How many igs retired after George floyed and many African Americans who were shot for know reason?

U guys should stop all this capping and face reality please
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by blaise26abj(m): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
yerokunphilips:

USA comes readily to mind . Iran is also one . Nigeria has its own attendant problems but it is not a unique one . The state is under the state commissioner of police . He should be the one to resign not the IGP .
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by blaise26abj(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

These problems are localized . How many accidental discharge do you hear happening in the North ? It’s because they know their youths will retaliate brutally. The state commissioners need to step up . They are just busy currying favour from the Governors without doing their jobs effectively .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
abbey621:

So basically you refused to answer the question. If you were being robbed or about to be kidnapped, would you prefer to defend yourself or have someone from the force defend you? Remove sentiments from your mind and focus on the question, you would realize your solution is nothing but comic relief. In the USA, as advanced as it may seem, the police still carry arms, the more dangerous a society the more protection the officers need hence the arms. In Lagos this year, over 50 gun battles between robbers and police, in Ogun the same, police are not there just for traffic stops! Yes the bad eggs among them neglects their duties but if we used that to say the entire force is useless then we are just setting ourselves up for more hurting, reforms are needed not just POLICE BAD, POLICE BAD, that most of una dey like to yarn all the time.
The first question is if the police will be available when there's a need to defend an armless citizen like me. If the answer is yes, then one will wonder why kidnapping is such a booming industry in Nigeria.
In the US, the police don't go about with assault rifles on routine duty. Stop mixing things up and even at that, the pistol they go about with is holstered until situation demands otherwise.
50 gun battles between robbers and police. Which Lagos is that abeg? Can you give five examples of such?
No matter the sentiment you look to apply, it's foolishness for police on routine patrol or traffic duty to be going about with assault rifles. Such only happens in countries like Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
blaise26abj:

These problems are localized . How many accidental discharge do you hear happening in the North ? It’s because they know their youths will retaliate brutally. The state commissioners need to step up . They are just busy currying favour from the Governors without doing their jobs effectively .
It's not just about that. In the North, the police are less aggressive towards motorists because they know most of the people there hardly have the means to give bribes.
But not only that, you hardly see police engaging in routine traffic duty like we have in the South despite the high insecurity in that part of the country
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by FuckSilly: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
yerokunphilips:

Get sense small na, even though I hate an average Nigerian police man in this country for their corruption, I know we can't also blame them 100% of times because they reflect what an an average Nigerian citizen represents.
Also, I know a lot of very foolish people exist in this country. For instance, judge yourself on the nonsense you just typed, that IGP should resign.
Na IGP shoot the woman?
If na your papa be IGP, will you make this SENSELESS suggestion?
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Vello(m): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
yerokunphilips:

Shut up!
America Police kills more every year.
All that matters here is that the idiot has been identified, arrested and undergoing trial.

What more do you want?
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by FireUpNow(m): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
I am sure this adrambi Vandi is a Fulani man
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by blaise26abj(m): 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's not just about that. In the North, the police are less aggressive towards motorists because they know most of the people there hardly have the means to give bribes.
But not only that, you hardly see police engaging in routine traffic duty like we have in the South despite the high insecurity in that part of the country

True . So it’s a state commissioner’s incompetence and greed( kickbacks from bribes ) that is the problem and reason for the numerous , unnecessary road blocks and routine checks points everywhere in the south . Wish they could be forced to resign when things like this happens
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by KaptainAfrika: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Suspend ! someone that should be sacked !
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
blaise26abj:

True . So it’s a state commissioner’s incompetence and greed( kickbacks from bribes ) that is the problem and reason for the numerous , unnecessary road blocks and routine checks points everywhere in the south . Wish they could be forced to resign when things like this happens
Very correct
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Wasky101: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
yerokunphilips:

You people will just wake up and be typing rubbish.
IG should resign cos of a rogue officer, it's obvious you have never worked in any reputable organization before. So for every police killing IG will resign. How many times have u heard a police chief resigned cos of rogue officer.
Well Nigeria ranks lower than your glorified America when it comes to police killings but anything to vilify Nigeria makes you get a hard on
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by OKEMKPI: 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

He should be from Platuea state most likely
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by johnjose68: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
yerokunphilips:

Olodo. Did the IG- equivalent in US resign after the black lives matter george floyd was killed by bunch of rogue police

Or US is not a saner clime by your definition

Always very quick to say rubbish grin

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Espelbengz(m): 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
Funny guy�� which saner clime? IGP should resign over the foolishness of one officer he may not even know? Lol� nothing we no go see for social media...

yerokunphilips:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by abbey621(m): 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

The first question is if the police will be available when there's a need to defend an armless citizen like me. If the answer is yes, then one will wonder why kidnapping is such a booming industry in Nigeria.
In the US, the police don't go about with assault rifles on routine duty. Stop mixing things up and even at that, the pistol they go about with is holstered until situation demands otherwise.
50 gun battles between robbers and police. Which Lagos is that abeg? Can you give five examples of such?
No matter the sentiment you look to apply, it's foolishness for police on routine patrol or traffic duty to be going about with assault rifles. Such only happens in countries like Nigeria

Again you dodged the simple question, whether police is available or not is irrelevant, will you want the possibility of them saving you or no possibility at all? Next, I've lived in the USA for a long time now and had a father who was a member of the force, stop spewing fallacies here. The standard issued weapon will be drawn if the officer believes there's a reason to be suspicious or careful; e.g. tinted windows, reaching in your pockets, being erratic etc. You keep mentioning routine duty but it is during routine duties that most cops in the USA are attacked or killed. From serving a warrant to stopping a speeding driver, no be you go determine what an officer should carry along to protect him or herself.

Furthermore, I should clarify it is over 50 gun battles between police, robbers, touts, community clashes, hoodlums etc. In Mushin alone over 10 not to talk of Ajah area and other hot areas within the state. Alacara police station was almost burnt earlier this year because police got involved in touts fighting, again you only know what you know but don't mistake it for facts, you said it is foolishness for police to carry assault weapons but what should they protect themselves with? For the ones that follow the rule and don't misbehave what should they do when they are attacked by robbers or touts or ENDSARS hijackers/hoodlums? If your issue is the assault weapon say so and offer recommendations but if your stance is that they should have no weapons at all then my friend YOU DEY PLAY!
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by integrity16(m): 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
Ordinary suspension?
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by omonnakoda: 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
akanbiaa:
He is a Christian from Michika LGA in Adamawa state, same LGA with the current NDLEA boss and former Lagos State Military Administrator Mohammed Buba Marwa.
How do you know he is a Christian?
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by RALPHOW(m): 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Which kind name be this self Drambi
Vandi?
Is he a Nigerian or from India?
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
Suspension ,then finish him off for being a wild animal angry
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
abbey621:

Again you dodged the simple question, whether police is available or not is irrelevant, will you want the possibility of them saving you or no possibility at all? Next, I've lived in the USA for a long time now and had a father who was a member of the force, stop spewing fallacies here. The standard issued weapon will be drawn if the officer believes there's a reason to be suspicious or careful; e.g. tinted windows, reaching in your pockets, being erratic etc. You keep mentioning routine duty but it is during routine duties that most cops in the USA are attacked or killed. From serving a warrant to stopping a speeding driver, no be you go determine what an officer should carry along to protect him or herself.

Furthermore, I should clarify it is over 50 gun battles between police, robbers, touts, community clashes, hoodlums etc. In Mushin alone over 10 not to talk of Ajah area and other hot areas within the state. Alacara police station was almost burnt earlier this year because police got involved in touts fighting, again you only know what you know but don't mistake it for facts, you said it is foolishness for police to carry assault weapons but what should they protect themselves with? For the ones that follow the rule and don't misbehave what should they do when they are attacked by robbers or touts or ENDSARS hijackers/hoodlums? If your issue is the assault weapon say so and offer recommendations but if your stance is that they should have no weapons at all then my friend YOU DEY PLAY!
I don't care if your generation have worked in police in the US. You can't bamboozle anyone with that. No police in the US carries assault weapons on routine duty. If you don't know what routine duty entails, ask your father.
I'm sure if you ask the late lady your very irrelevant and superfluous question, her answer will be in the negative.
Go back and read and digest what I've been saying. Find out also what assault rifle means before jumping in to argue. Where did I say they shouldn't have any weapon? I specifically mentioned assault rifle because their damage is mostly fatal. So stop being clever by half.
Show with evidence five gun battles in Lagos this year between robbers and police. It's easy to mention places as if I don't live in Lagos too.
The standard procedure of you're not aware if a police unit is attacked is to take cover, radio for support, before engaging the assailants and not your wishful Bruce Lee thinking. Chances are if a police checkpoint is attacked, the policemen on duty will first run for cover which is what most Nigerians see and term as cowardice. So get your facts right before defending nonsense

I insist police have no reason being armed with assault rifle for routine traffic duty. It's not even a stop and search!!
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by JOemmy(m): 8:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

How are we even sure that's his real name? The name sounds Indian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara / Bayelsa: Wike Says Dickson Traded Off Bayelsa To APCBut Was Blocked By Silva / 2023: Osinbajo Submits Presidential Nomination Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.