Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (54540 Views)

What I Noticed In The Streets Of Lagos Since Tinubu Was Declared Winner. / What I Noticed Today When I Observed Public Waste Bin In Less Than One Hour / Why Was Buhari Carrying A Bag During Inauguration? Who Else Noticed It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by oluwaseyi0: 7:31am On Dec 29, 2022
Blaze14k:

If they are working efficiently why did the federal government refuse to give them license to operate
Because the federal government is been operated by Fulani who are the chief operators of the criminals

That's why progressive westerners must take over the presidency, things like licence for amotekun will come out speedily if we are at the center

Imagine Akeredolu among a strong members of the presidency

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Elidrisy20: 7:38am On Dec 29, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
Amotekuns are working aswr
Coming from ilorin the other day,I saw them assisting a driver whose car broke down along the expressway
Before, Before na like that Nigerian police be
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by cardoctor(m): 7:46am On Dec 29, 2022
We pray it remains that way.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kapeter(m): 7:50am On Dec 29, 2022
yankison:

Bro shift ,Na people like u no allow this country fit progress .. What do you mean by Yoruba lo kan ... Idiot
What is the meaning of this country? grin
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kapeter(m): 7:51am On Dec 29, 2022
Johel:

Initial gragra, all those forces will get tired soon, and the kidnappers and herdsmen will surface again....These things are political.
If you had said it's cuz of the festivity I'd have agreed instead.
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kapeter(m): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2022
naturefellow:
BS
E pain you grin

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kapeter(m): 7:54am On Dec 29, 2022
StrongAlphMale:

Oga there's nothing special here. Because the catholic church in oyo was attacked some months ago na, so there was need for the security. not just in SW but in the entire country. So what's the fuss about?
Ok I here. The government should rather have told their hands nigbayen and just watch people get kidnapped and killed every now and then. Insecutity cannot be curbed in it's entirety. Criminals are not sleeping themselves, they will always find a way around it. So dakun osharo
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kapeter(m): 7:56am On Dec 29, 2022
Powerfly:

If that governor comes out to contest as president... I'll give him all my family votes...just like the way I've convinced my family that Peter Obi should be given a chance with our vote. The governor will go down in record as a legend among His people and also a gem among other tribes. God bless Nigeria.
Aketi did one thing right that doesn't mean I will ever support the slowpoke for any other thing sha. He's a big time failure in infrastructure when compared to his predecessor in Ondo state.
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Kapeter(m): 7:57am On Dec 29, 2022
chikason22:

Of course you will be stopped. Your defeat will start in Lagos. No drug lord is needed at this elastic point of our Nationhood. Obi is your next president.
Out nationhood? grin surprise. Thought it used to be the zoo grin
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lagosrd: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2022
Kapeter:
Sadly Kwara state isn't geographically located here even though it never change the fact that there are Yorubas in the state.

Sometimes the amotekun on the ogbomosho flanks do overlap down to ilorin to checkmate the activities of the bandits.

The most reasonable is for each state government to establish its own security networks to work hand in hand with tht other security agencies to get rid of the whole thing once and for all. But for where? Afterall it is their own local hunters and citizen that will be comprised in the team.
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Akinomoakin021: 8:04am On Dec 29, 2022
Same here, I experienced thesame at Iwo road, we parked by the roadside to drop off a girl who was feeling sick from the long journey, to my surprise, Amotekun officials approached us and asked if anything was wrong politely.They also asked if we needed help. I was so surprised and happy. It looked like a foreign movie scene. I was happy to give the man a Christmas gift
[quote author=faceLAGOS post=119504527]I noticed this too when I traveled to Lagos some weeks ago.

I was some how surprise & happy smiley

I’m so glad to be an oduduwan grin

I’d like to ask a question, though.

Do you think it’s “okay” to tip them when they stay with you as you fix your car when it breaks down on the express or happen to stop around their station?

I like appreciating anything that makes me happy or good deeds.

grin[/]
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by faceLAGOS: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2022
[quote author=Akinomoakin021 post=119512286][/quote]

Interesting.

There is this proud feeling you have as an Oduduwan grin

How I wish they can allow restructuring.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by akaleb2015(m): 8:09am On Dec 29, 2022
OGwales:
Soon... Nigeria will be free, once Jagaban takes over. God bless Nigeria
Talo mu egun wa please nigerians should stop making the mistake they made in 2015 when putting buhari into power we should be wiser no to bad governance, terrorism, rascality, kidnapping and banditory with ease
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by olaolaking: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2022
lexy2014:

How do you know he had other co-passengers who witnessed and discussed the experienced? Where you there?
It is just a common sense sir. Or he was the only one in the vehicle throughout the journey? He already told you he took public transport
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2022
olaolaking:
It is just a common sense sir. Or he was the only one in the vehicle throughout the journey? He already told you he took public transport

How is that common sense? You are assuming and you calling it common sense. How does his not being the only one in the vehicle automatically mean that his co-passengers told him anything? What if he didn't strike up a conversation with them?

This is his testimony. Pls show me where he said anything related to your co-passengers theory...

"What I found amazing the most yesterday was if your car/vehicle get broken, you'd be surprised at the speed the OP Mesas and Amotekuns would get to you to stay with you while you fix it. Damn. They will stay right there with you protecting you untill your car can move again. Na. This is all that I ever pray for."
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Johel(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2022
Kapeter:
If you had said it's cuz of the festivity I'd have agreed instead.

All join
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by AgubataAkokwa: 8:26am On Dec 29, 2022
Kapeter:
Really working. They are even the ones that patrol my estate here in Ibadan the most. You'd barely see the police. Still find it hard to believe that some bastards were against Amotekuns creation back then.

But when we mention ESN as our defence line you pick offence.

Dey play
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by IranianSea: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
Coming from ilorin the other day,I saw them assisting a driver whose car broke down along the expressway
Still don't know why Ilorin could not have Amontekun too
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by chikason22(m): 8:43am On Dec 29, 2022
Kapeter:
Out nationhood? grin surprise. Thought it used to be the zoo grin
I think I know you people's problem.
Anybody that support PO is automatically an IPOB ba. Hahahaha.
Don't worry e go shock una next year. You will have to hustle legitimately because there won't be urchins on job to lick Thiéfnubu dry ass for 30k.
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by olaolaking: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2022
lexy2014:

How is that common sense? You are assuming and you calling it common sense. How does his not being the only one in the vehicle automatically mean that his co-passengers told him anything? What if he didn't strike up a conversation with them?

This is his testimony. Pls show me where he said anything related to your co-passengers theory...

"What I found amazing the most yesterday was if your car/vehicle get broken, you'd be surprised at the speed the OP Mesas and Amotekuns would get to you to stay with you while you fix it. Damn. They will stay right there with you protecting you untill your car can move again. Na. This is all that I ever pray for."
You mean it is unusual for passengers to discuss issues especially matters they stumble on on their transit?
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by IkhihibhojereC1: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2022
The very reason we need to vote all PDP candidates to help correct the wrongs. #vote4jandor

Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Asour: 9:12am On Dec 29, 2022
Kapeter:
I shuttle between Ibadan, Abeokuta and Lagos often. I'm mostly on that expressway but for a while now I've been stuck in Ibadan cuz of the numerous evil news about the Fulani herdsman menace on that highway.

Just before this December I read on the news some AIG visited this very same highway and together with Seyi Makinde the governor of Oyo state, I remember they promised that the road will become safer and there should be no panicking or fear and that people should go about their journey as it would become just as before where everyone can travel safely using the expressway.

Hehe. Yesterday was my favourite cousin introduction at Abeokuta and I had no choice than to be there.

I took a public bus (not that I have a car though but I can always get one when the need arise) off to Abeokuta and on my way what I saw makes me wanna go to every SW government house and say a very big thank you to all our governors.

There are bunch of Amotekun stations, Police, Army. Almost at every where till the end of Oyo state axis and then when you get to the Ogun state axis, you will see the OP Mesa patrolling the whole expressway.

The Ibadan axis has actually been the hotspot for the criminals actually but almost everywhere on the road you will see Amotekuns station even 12 am I was still on the road yesterday travelling safely with peace of mind seeing the huge security on that expressway.

This is Akeredolus biggest achievement so far in governance as the chairman of the SWGF. I couldn't help but be once again glad and proud to be South Westerner yesterday when I saw Amotekuns stations all over the place.

What I found amazing the most yesterday was if your car/vehicle get broken, you'd be surprised at the speed the OP Mesas and Amotekuns would get to you to stay with you while you fix it. Damn. They will stay right there with you protecting you untill your car can move again. Na. This is all that I ever pray for.

I'm so proud of SW governors for Amotekun. God bless them so much. Tonim God bless you and yours too. Thanks for all the love you have for Yorubaland.

Yorubaland will sure take its place God willing.

Nice.
But what's 12am though? 12 Midnight?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 9:12am On Dec 29, 2022
OGwales:
Soon... Nigeria will be free, once Jagaban takes over. God bless Nigeria

What will nigeria be free from if Tinubu takes over?
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2022
olaolaking:
You mean it is unusual for passengers to discuss issues especially matters they stumble on on their transit?

Are you sure you understood the questions asked?

Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by naturefellow(m): 9:35am On Dec 29, 2022
Kapeter:
E pain you grin
I'm not pained.

Praise SW governors, be an Omoluabi all you want. But don't be a tribalist. That's the point you lose it all.
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Papadoh(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
Damn. If that's your real picture then you're super fine o.
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by olaolaking: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2022
lexy2014:

Are you sure you understood the questions asked?

I have asked you if it unusual. Are you a pretender? I have used public transport and things like these come up and people who used the road often relate their experience.

He observed the presence of the security men, probably raised it and people how had witnessed or experienced relate their experiences. Why should that be dy/dx?

Common sense is not common okay!
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2022
olaolaking:
I have asked you if it unusual. Are you a pretender? I have used public transport and things like these come up and people who used the road often relate their experience.

He observed the presence of the security men, probably raised it and people how had witnessed or experienced relate their experiences. Why should that be dy/dx?

Common sense is not common okay!

You haven't answered my questions.

1. How is that common sense? You are assuming and you calling it common sense.

2. How does his not being the only one in the vehicle automatically mean that his co-passengers told him anything?

3. What if he didn't strike up a conversation with them?

This is his testimony.

4. Pls show me where he said anything related to your co-passengers theory...

5. What do you mean by "probably raised it..."? Why the use of "probably"?
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by olaolaking: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2022
lexy2014:

2. How does his not being the only one in the vehicle automatically mean that his co-passengers told him anything?

This is his testimony.

5. What do you mean by "probably probably raised it..."? Why the use of "probably"?

If everything needed to be told, if one can not think beyond what he is told, if one can not think of possible scenarios of what he doesn't see, if one can think further than what is on ground, if one can not use the situation on ground to decide, assume and draw a conclusion, then the person is LACKING common sense.

I used my past experience to gauge. It is very practical.

It is common sense.
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 10:38am On Dec 29, 2022
olaolaking:
If everything needed to be told, if one can not think beyond what he is told, if one can not think of possible scenarios of what he doesn't see, if one can think further than what is on ground, if one can not use the situation on ground to decide, assume and draw a conclusion, then the person is LACKING common sense.

I used my past experience to gauge. It is very practical.

It is common sense.

You still haven't answered my questions.

This is his testimony.

5. What do you mean by "probably probably raised it..."? Why the use of "probably"?
Re: What I Noticed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by 2016v2017: 11:02am On Dec 29, 2022
Kapeter:
I shuttle between Ibadan, Abeokuta and Lagos often. I'm mostly on that expressway but for a while now I've been stuck in Ibadan cuz of the numerous evil news about the Fulani herdsman menace on that highway.

Just before this December I read on the news some AIG visited this very same highway and together with Seyi Makinde the governor of Oyo state, I remember they promised that the road will become safer and there should be no panicking or fear and that people should go about their journey as it would become just as before where everyone can travel safely using the expressway.

Hehe. Yesterday was my favourite cousin introduction at Abeokuta and I had no choice than to be there.

I took a public bus (not that I have a car though but I can always get one when the need arise) off to Abeokuta and on my way what I saw makes me wanna go to every SW government house and say a very big thank you to all our governors.

There are bunch of Amotekun stations, Police, Army. Almost at every where till the end of Oyo state axis and then when you get to the Ogun state axis, you will see the OP Mesa patrolling the whole expressway.

The Ibadan axis has actually been the hotspot for the criminals actually but almost everywhere on the road you will see Amotekuns station even 12 am I was still on the road yesterday travelling safely with peace of mind seeing the huge security on that expressway.

This is Akeredolus biggest achievement so far in governance as the chairman of the SWGF. I couldn't help but be once again glad and proud to be South Westerner yesterday when I saw Amotekuns stations all over the place.

What I found amazing the most yesterday was if your car/vehicle get broken, you'd be surprised at the speed the OP Mesas and Amotekuns would get to you to stay with you while you fix it. Damn. They will stay right there with you protecting you untill your car can move again. Na. This is all that I ever pray for.

I'm so proud of SW governors for Amotekun. God bless them so much. Tonim God bless you and yours too. Thanks for all the love you have for Yorubaland.

Yorubaland will sure take its place God willing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Orji Uzor Kalu Spotted Dancing Shoki (photos) / Police To Sanction Atiku Abubakar's Wife's Orderly For Carrying Her Bag (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.