Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ (4677 Views)

I Thank Asari Dokubo For Urging FG To Let Igbos Go / Ondo Government ‘deports’ 42 Northerners To Kano, Jigawa / APC Caught Sharing Money To Northerners To Vote (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by FuglyGurl(f): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2022
Second Republic politician, Tanko Yakasai has criticised the Emir of Daura, Faruk Umar Daruk for encouraging Northerners to vote for their own in the 2023 presidential elections.

Tanko. in a chat with some journalists in Kano ,Thursday, lamented that a similar statement was made by a former Minister of Agriculture,and Rursl Development, Sani Zango Daura, a few days ago.

Tanko condemned both statements , saying they were retrogressive, unpopular and capable of undermining the advancements so far recorded in the political space.

He insisted that Nigeria has exited from the politics of tribalism and ethnicity of the recent past and is walking on a path of nationalism, saying the tribe and region of a candidate should no longer affect his chances before the electorate.

He appealed to all Nigerians to join him in condemning this negative and dangerous attempt to turn back the history of the country

He also decried attempts by politicians to recruit some traditional rulers to further their ambitions while appealing to traditional rulers to jealously guard their neutrality.

He charged politicians to ensure that their campaigns are issued based and targeted at bringing about the best candidate for Nigerians even as he confessed that so far campaigns have been peaceful and hope- raising to patriotic and peace loving Nigerians.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-tanko-yakasai-tackles-daura-emir-for-urging-northerners-to-vote-for-their-own-candidate/

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by MadeInTokyo: 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2022
Lol grin grin grin
This election will be Regional based
North will vote for their own(ATIKU)

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by Ofodirinwa: 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2022
Emir or Daura - Vote your own
Arthur Eze - I advised Obi to step down

Igbos: They are oppressing us

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by madridguy(m): 7:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
grin grin
Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by FuckFuckPastor: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
Katsina is Atikulated

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by Obalacam(m): 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
Religion and tribalism Is going to be the bane of this election instead of competent and accountability.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by Muhammad234: 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2022
grin
Ofodirinwa:

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by Rich4god(m): 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
The south don't know anything yet.... The north will always vote their own, not matter what.

What until Bello Turji or Abubakar Shekau is contesting against a southerner, then you will understand the true colour of the north...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by Fortruth: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

Igbo people politically act confused…and sometimes act like that socially too.

They get what they deserve
Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by mrvitalis(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
If Tinubu gets less than 45% of northern votes then Atiku would know the power of Yoruba media propaganda

Mind you there would be no Igbos to defend or counter Yorubas ...Infact igbos would add fire

Atiku would be so unpopular that IBB would be a Saint compared to him

I dare north not to give Tinubu 45% votes I dare them

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by hedonido: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
Rich4god:
The south don't know anything yet.... The north will always vote their own, not matter what.

What until Bello Turji or Abubakar Shekau is contesting against a southerner, then you will understand the true colour of the north...

There's nothing like "South" in this context.

If after 8 years of President Obasanjo, ending as recently as 2007, and another 8 years of Vice President Osibanjo, one old fool from the same ethnic group in the South is still desperately claiming Emilokan, and his people are also provocatively claiming 'awa lokan', then don't insult us with any Southern talk.

As much as Obasanjo has his many faults, he is the most detribalised and nationalistic president we've had and certainly one of few such remaining in the South West.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by Ogbuefi2020: 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2022
Yorubas introduced the tribal voting rhetorics first but it will now backfire

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by another1: 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
Every presidential candidate is qualified to run.
Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by bjdon: 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ofodirinwa:

I've never seen a more self defeating race than the Igbos. We have all tried to support them in this election but it seems they are simply not capable of being united, even when they have such a good chance. Not a single prominant Igbo person has come out publically to suport PO. Soludo, Eze, Kalu, Nanamani, all of not endorsed him. Big Shame!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by switlily25(f): 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
I’m a southerner and I will vote for Atiku!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by Humble25(m): 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
We the south are divided while the north are united, we the south claim that we are smart, wise and the north are illiterate, But in reality they are wiser and smarter than us.

7 Likes

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by ganisucks(f): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
mrvitalis:
If Tinubu gets less than 45% of northern votes then Atiku would know the power of Yoruba media propaganda

Mind you there would be no Igbos to defend or counter Yorubas ...Infact igbos would add fire

You neva begin cry. Save your tears for Feb 25. That's when you'll need them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by PeterObi4LP: 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
How will Tinubu get his 12m imaginary vote na? By the time North is done with Emilokan, he will never boast again that he made Buhari President.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by Lizzysamuel(f): 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
Fortruth:

Why lump a whole tribe to a few selfish politicians.

Maybe you should also call Yoruba people confuse people because Adeleke is supporting Atiku too.

All these ones are all after their ill gotten wealth.

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by Lizzysamuel(f): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2022
bjdon:

I've never seen a more self defeating race than the Igbos. We have all tried to support them in this election but it seems they are simply not capable of being united, even when they have such a good chance. Not a single prominant Igbo person has come out publically to suport PO. Soludo, Eze, Kalu, Nanamani, all of not endorsed him. Big Shame!!

You don't need those ones to support Obi, because they are all thieves and selfish Politicians.

Mind you, they can't even influence their polling unit during Election. Na only mouth them get..

Arthur supported Buhari in 2015/19 and still lost his polling unit both times. Infact the Gubernatorial Candidate he sponsored failed woefully.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by mrvitalis(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
ganisucks:

You neva begin cry. Save your tears for Feb 25. That's when you'll need them.
Me cry ? Nothing would unite the south and middle belt against north more than Atiku presidency

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by ZombieTERROR: 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
This is not news..

i just pity the Useless urchins of a particular region who thinks the old Drug lord Tinubu stands a chance in winning Northern States when Atiku and Kwakwanso are in the equation...

cc
Abdul05
Denreledave
Moh24
seunsmg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by MuslimMuslim: 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
bjdon:

The people you mentioned are criminals, they only have one vote each.
Igbos are overwhelmingly with Obi

7 Likes

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by vengertime: 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
Tinubu and his thugs must be crazy if they think Northerners are ready to continue to suffer for another extra one year talkless of 4 years with old ragtag emilo corn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by ZombieTERROR: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
mrvitalis:

cc
Abdul05
Denreledave
Moh24
seunsmg

Wait please let's be clear of one thing..
The Tinubu we are talking about is the same old swine who called his party PDAPc...

Who called Omo Agege the Governor of Niger Delta State..

The man who talks incoherently .. bulaba balabu...

The Man who who wants to employ 50million youths and feed them with Agbado..

Someone who can't work a 20m distance..

Tinubu and his supporters are mad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by rolams(m): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
You will shout tire. Tambuwa understand this better before he stepped down for ATIKU.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by mrvitalis(m): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
ZombieTERROR:

cc
Abdul05
Denreledave
Moh24
seunsmg

Wait please let's be clear of one thing..
The Tinubu we are talking about is the same old swine who called his party PDAPc...

Who called Omo Agege the Governor of Niger Delta State..

The man who talks incoherently .. bulaba balabu...

The Man who who wants to employ 50million youths and feed them with Agbado..

Someone who can't work a 20m distance..

Tinubu and his supporters are mad

I am obidients but north must give Tinubu 45% votes minimum

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by Pclemenza: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
Humble25:
We the south are divided while the north are united, we the south claim that we are smart, wise and the north are illiterate, But in reality they are wiser and smarter than us.
Aside during elections, how else do you think the north is smarter than southern Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by floret23(f): 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2022
Fortruth:

No, they are not confused but their politicians have this pull him down syndrome. They all hate Obi for no sensible reason.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by ZombieTERROR: 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
mrvitalis:

I am obidients but north must give Tinubu 45% votes minimum

This Particular Tinubu will not see 20% in the North...

not when Atiku and Kwakwanso are still breathing, more agile, sound and competent

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by floret23(f): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
bjdon:

Igbo Polithiefcians are of the opinion that if presidency is coming to the East, it should not be Peter Obi. I don't know how Obi offended them. The same way they were not surpporting him in 2018.
Re: Emir Of Daura Under Fire For Urging Northerners To Vote For ‘Their Own’ by floret23(f): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
ZombieTERROR:
This is not news..

i just pity the Useless urchins of a particular region who thinks the old Drug lord Tinubu stands a chance in winning Northern States when Atiku and Kwakwanso are in the equation...

cc
Abdul05
Denreledave
Moh24
seunsmg
Actually, it is Thiefnubuu that I pity most in all these balablu bulaba. By the time the North is done with him, he will see an aboki and pick race. Seunmsg will bear me witness.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Remembrance Day Messages From The Presidential Candidates. / Presidential Election Results (as It Stands) / Laolu Akande: Tinubu Must Articulate Clear Foreign Policy To Back UNGA speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.