Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust (28309 Views)

Bawa’s Suspension: Hurricane Tinubu Strikes Again – Adeyanju / BREAKING!!!: 2023: Buhari Plans To Leave For Spain,Strikes Deal With GEJ (Pix) / Primealert Strikes Deal With Katsina Government Against Banditry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by blamingthedevil: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2022
Indication emerged on Thursday that the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has struck a deal with the members of the G-5, the five aggrieved governors who are members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Daily Trust had exclusively reported on Wednesday that Tinubu and the five governors will meet in Europe where a deal on their alliance for the 2023 presidency would be struck.

An impeccable source close to Tinubu told this paper that the meeting was held on Wednesday at the London residence of the APC presidential candidate.

He said all the G-5 governors; Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Samuel Ortom (Benue), Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia) and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu), attended the meeting.

In attendance from the side of Tinubu included Governor of Jigawa State, Badaru Abubakar and former governor of Ekiti State, John Kayode Fayemi.

Before the commencement of the meeting, the source said all other persons present at Tinubu’s residence were excused.

“We have agreed to work together with the G5. The agreement rhythm with our desire to forge together a government of national unity.

“When the history of this political epoch is written, the names of Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ugwuanyi and Ikpeazu will be written in gold for the courageous decision to place national interest above all other considerations,” he said.

He also said that the governors are to remain in PDP and work for the actualisation of Tinubu’s presidency while pursuing their other political interests.
https://dailytrust.com/tinubu-strikes-deal-with-g-5-govs-in-london/

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by blamingthedevil: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2022
Daily Trust has been consistent

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by undisputedKOC: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2022
Of course it is expected. Majority of SS is behind Tinubu, the Ijaw nation is behind Tinubu, the majority of the North are supporting Tinubu, and SW is following Tinubu bumper to bumper like Igbo drug traffickers follow cocaine across the world.

Only IPOB terrorists fools from Ojucrook land are supporting Peter Obi the IPOB candidate. These Zombidiot fools will be resoundingly disgraced by February next year after Tinubu wins the elections and is sworn in as president.

I will advise these hateful frustrated wretched Zombidiots to start contributing money to buy their coffins now before the price quadruples next year because I'm sure these Zombidiots can't bear the overwhelming disgrace, sorrow and depression that will follow after Peter Obi the political fraudster loses woefully by February elections. God bless the few Igbos with sense like Ken Nnamani, Soludo, Okonjo Iweala, Arthur Eze and the rest of them. Death to all IPOB terrorists.

117 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Righthussle: 10:02am On Dec 30, 2022
T
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by LeoDeKing: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2022
If Tinubu actually agreed with the rumoured conditions given by those G5, then Tinubu must have missed a step.

Very unsafe for him and I disagree with this report.

Politically, Tinubu is more experienced and knowledgeable than this nonsense.

I don't think Tinubu agreed as being rumoured around, never.

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by seunmsg(m): 10:07am On Dec 30, 2022
He also said that the governors are to remain in PDP and work for the actualisation of Tinubu’s presidency while pursuing their other political interests.

This is the best way to go about it. I don’t even think there is a need for the G-5 to make any public announcement on who they are supporting. The governors should simply deploy their structure in support of Tinubu and after the election, they can switch over.

When it comes to politics, it is always difficult to outplay an old fox like Bola Tinubu. He is a thoroughbred politician who knows his onions. The way he surmounted the hurdles placed before him to pick the APC ticket should have signaled to his haters that this guy is solid.

Only kids who don’t understand politics would ever a group of 5 governors will abandon an Atiku and support a Peter Obi that can’t win the election even with their support. The G-5 needs serious protection after destroying PDP and the only sensible and realistic alternative before them is Tinubu. In fact, they need Tinubu more than Tinubu needs them at this point. All they need to do now is deliver 25% or more in their respective states and we are good.

Jagaban, you do this one. When you hear Bola Tinubu, always out a respect to the name. He is not your naanu’s mate.

122 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:08am On Dec 30, 2022
The only reason why all these happens and happen everytime is that the poor Nigerian masses don't know the power that rests in their hands.

I pray and wish we can rise and VOTE WISELY.
G5 to any party for all we care. Endorsement for all we care. Decamping for all we care. Structure for all we care. Just VOTE WISELY.

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by KingKO22: 10:09am On Dec 30, 2022
The moment we have been waiting for

There is no need to the G5 to openly declare support for Tinubu..

I will prefer that they should work for him silently

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by KingKO22: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2022
Wailing is expected from our inherited Nyamirin pigs as usual.

Come ND start wailing

Jagaban is the next GCFR

31 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by SaiOba: 10:11am On Dec 30, 2022
Lori Iro
Agbadorian wishes.. Emilokan n supporters won't be able to meet the conditions.

All other Emilokans in the gubernatorial and senatorial PDAPC seats of the G5 states will NEVER forfeit their own political ambition for the baba of all Emilokans himself for the G5.

Game is on grin

Which ever way, it goes Peter Haruna Oluwaseun Obi still remains the Numero UNO presidential candidate.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by ganisucks(f): 10:12am On Dec 30, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Indication emerged on Thursday that the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has struck a deal with the members of the G-5, the five aggrieved governors who are members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Daily Trust had exclusively reported on Wednesday that Tinubu and the five governors will meet in Europe where a deal on their alliance for the 2023 presidency would be struck.

An impeccable source close to Tinubu told this paper that the meeting was held on Wednesday at the London residence of the APC presidential candidate.

He said all the G-5 governors; Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Samuel Ortom (Benue), Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia) and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu), attended the meeting.

In attendance from the side of Tinubu included Governor of Jigawa State, Badaru Abubakar and former governor of Ekiti State, John Kayode Fayemi.

Before the commencement of the meeting, the source said all other persons present at Tinubu’s residence were excused.

“We have agreed to work together with the G5. The agreement rhythm with our desire to forge together a government of national unity.

“When the history of this political epoch is written, the names of Wike, Ortom, Makinde, Ugwuanyi and Ikpeazu will be written in gold for the courageous decision to place national interest above all other considerations,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/tinubu-strikes-deal-with-g-5-govs-in-london/

I laff in mandarin. They are just playing Sanwo-Olu like ludo. When all is set and done, I will explain what actually happened. For now, I will just watch, read and laugh.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Duru009(m): 10:13am On Dec 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Risky

I swear, very very risky. WIKE is certainly digging his political grave....

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by ganisucks(f): 10:15am On Dec 30, 2022
seunmsg:

This is the best way to go about it. I don’t even think there is a need for the G-5 to make any public announcement on who they are supporting. The governors should simply deploy their structure in support of Tinubu and after the election, they can switch over.

I laff and laff. You don't know what is going on.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by LeoDeKing: 10:15am On Dec 30, 2022
KingKO22:
Wailing is expected from our inherited Nyamirin pigs as usual.

Come ND start wailing

Jagaban is the next GCFR
I'm 100% batified, but if Tinubu actually agreed with the rumoured terms of the G5, then something is wrong somewhere.

I have some reservations with this report.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by ganisucks(f): 10:16am On Dec 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:
If Tinubu actually agreed with the rumoured conditions given by those G5, then Tinubu must have missed a step.

Kikiki. What you are all celebrating is actually a Trojan horse created and perfected by Baba Ota himself. When the horse is opened and the soldiers hidden within come out, the film will start.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by KingKO22: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2022
As a Christian
I and my household have made up our mind to vote for d most credible nd meritorious candidate in person of Cityboy of Africa

Long life Jagaban

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by SlavaUkraini: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2022
Thïefnubu strike the deal to dig his political grave

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by undisputedKOC: 10:20am On Dec 30, 2022
Death to any IPOB terrorists that insults Governor Wike. He has proven that he is a true son of Niger Delta and a friend of Ijaw nation by kicking out those poverty stricken cannibalistic IPOB terrorists from Rivers State. No matter our differences, Wike is still a good friend of the Kalabari kingdom. God continue to bless the Ijaw nation worldwide. Our time is coming again. Ijaw will rule Nigeria again when it is time for power to return to the South after Tinubu presidency cool

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by BATified2023: 10:21am On Dec 30, 2022
ganisucks:

I laff in mandarin. They are just playing Sanwo-Olu like ludo. When all is set and done, I will explain what actually happened. For now, I will just watch, read and laugh.
same way princeoflagos says he will explain after tinubu loses d primary n till now no explanation

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Truthisunique2: 10:21am On Dec 30, 2022
Politics is gradually unfolding and leaving the novice in the mud

Obidients that don't know their left from right were shouting G5.

They said Obi would clean those 5 states but it appears wike and makinde cum ortom thinks otherwise.

The reality is that these govs know only Atiku and Tinubu are in the election and that's what you make deal with no matter how Obi tries to trade himself publicly for wike

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by seunmsg(m): 10:22am On Dec 30, 2022
ganisucks:

I laff and laff. You don't know what is going on.

And you know what is going on, right? Exactly how you knew before APC primary that Tinubu will not pick the ticket, right?

See this politics, we go teach una by fire by force.

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by KingKO22: 10:22am On Dec 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:

I'm 100% batified, but if Tinubu actually agreed with the rumoured terms of the G5, then something is wrong somewhere.

I have some reservations with this report.

Bro we don't have anything to worry about since the Presidential and Senate election would be conducted before the state election

Before they will need the support of Jagaban they would have proved their loyalty and capabilities

Moreso, don't forget that this G5 and their associates can decamp to APC if Tinubu wins and PDP would be dead after this 2023 election

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Truthisunique2: 10:25am On Dec 30, 2022
Atiku is so winning this no wonder guyman ignore G-5

Let them support Tinubu, PDP would still get it's traditional party member votes in these states

It would now be the govs cutting the votes to impress Tinubu which is welcomed to divide it in 3

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by LeoDeKing: 10:28am On Dec 30, 2022
KingKO22:

Bro we don't have anything to worry about since the Presidential and Senate election would be conducted before the state election

Before they will need the support of Jagaban they would have proved their loyalty and capabilities

Moreso, don't forget that this G5 and their associates can decamp to APC if Tinubu wins and PDP would be dead after this 2023 election
Then what becomes the fate of APC aspirants for other offices like gov senate and reps in those 5 states?

A state like Benue, Tinubu doesn't need Ortom to get reasonable votes there considering the popularity of the APC gubernatorial aspirant. If Tinubu truly agreed with those terms, don't you think the aspirant will switch loyalty to the party.

Besides, it amounts to treachery and betrayal for personal ambition.

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by jlinkd78(m): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2022
Noted
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by ganisucks(f): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2022
seunmsg:

And you know what is going on, right? Exactly how you knew before APC primary that Tinubu will not pick the ticket, right?

Please, provide a screenshot of the post I made where I said Tinubu would lose the primary.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Asgard13: 10:28am On Dec 30, 2022
Till the President becomes interested in his party candinate then we start taking asiwaju and his Yoruba goons serious .

Till then February is here

Atiku no get Opposition

North 2023

E too sure

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by ganisucks(f): 10:29am On Dec 30, 2022
seunmsg:

My lips are sealed until...

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by frank14011991(m): 10:32am On Dec 30, 2022
I like how the G-5 governors are quiet about the whole thing.let them support tinubu silently

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Okoroawusa: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:

I believe that the reason Baba is striking any deal with the G5 is to destabilize the PDP/Atiku structure and to also stop them from giving a push to Peter Obi shenanigans. Honestly speaking, he doesn't need votes from those states to become the president of Nigeria. I am not comfortable with romancing them but I believe he knows what he is doing. Let's wait and see.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Rightmindset: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2022
LeoDeKing:

See this one. With how desperate Tinubu has been, what can he not do to win election?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Truthisunique2: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2022
seunmsg:

When it comes to politics, it is always difficult to outplay an old fox like Bola Tinubu. He is a thoroughbred politician who knows his onions. The way he surmounted the hurdles placed before him to pick the APC ticket should have signaled to his haters that this guy is solid.

Only kids who don’t understand politics would ever a group of 5 governors will abandon an Atiku and support a Peter Obi that can’t win the election even with their support. The G-5 needs serious protection after destroying PDP and the only sensible and realistic alternative before them is Tinubu. In fact, they need Tinubu more than Tinubu needs them at this point. All they need to do now is deliver 25% or more in their respective states and we are good.

Jagaban, you do this one. When you hear Bola Tinubu, always out a respect to the name. He is not your naanu’s mate.
Wike the joke has gone too far with his childishness

It would be impossible for him not to declare officially who they support for a moment he has been creating suspense and drama for.

Not declaring would make him irrelevant, now this is the litmus test because the two Igbo govs want him to support Obi

Can those govs now man up seeing he has been using them to trade

I think this is where the relationship ends, grin but it's funny wike doesn't rate Obi chance after begging him for deal openly despite the hype of rivers as obidient state

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: How Jonathan Made Me Finance Minister / Court Declares Eze Madumere’s Impeachment Illegal. Jubilation In Imo (Photos) / Go Back To Fix Your Wretched Communities: If So Smart And Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.