Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like (58303 Views)

Four Things To Know About Fourth Mainland Bridge Project / Lagos Signs $1.35 Billion Deal For Fourth Mainland Bridge, Other Key Projects / Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge: Three Companies Reach Final Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by JaneYave(f): 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
CCECC will smile broadly. Cashing out on Nigeria's incapacity. I hate it when the expatriates hold papers and Nigerians do the tasky jobs. But, it is what it is
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

The onus is on me to spoon feed you? In this Information Age?

You asked for one instance, and I have provided that to you.

Snippets:

Addis Ababa light rail - 17 km with cost of 475m USD to complete between 2011 to 2015.

Lagos Metro light rail - 35 km. Only phase 1 of the project is estimated to complete at 1.12bn USD. Estimated to complete only when God knows.

https://constructionreviewonline.com/biggest-projects/lagos-rail-mass-transit-project-timeline/

Awaiting your next excuse or denial of reality on ground.
I am not an apologist for the LASG.

YOU made a beer parlour claim and you are being called out
Your comparison with Lagos is incomplete. First specify the variation in cost between your Addis example then we can debate. Without that your remark is just glib and uninformed pub chat

Did you look at your figures for 17 km to 35km do the math of YOUR own figures for a project completed in 2015 and factor in Inflation from 2015 and tell us the cost variation
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
omonnakoda:

Your comparison with Lagos is incomplete. First specify the variation in cost between your Addis example then we can debate. Without that your remark is just glib and uninformed pub chat

Bring out a calculator and figure out the cost per kilometre on the metro line projects in Lagos and Addis Ababa.

Basic facts with links are staring right in front of you. Do you really love your slave masters this much?

Snippets:

Addis Ababa light rail - 17 km with cost of 475m USD to complete between 2011 to 2015.

Lagos Metro light rail - 35 km. Only phase 1 of the project is estimated to complete at 1.12bn USD. Estimated to complete only when God knows.

https://constructionreviewonline.com/biggest-projects/lagos-rail-mass-transit-project-timeline/
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
omonnakoda:

Did you look at your figures for 17 km to 35km do the math of YOUR own figures for a project completed in 2015 and factor in Inflation from 2015 and tell us the cost variation

Bros, I’m sure you’re not daft.

Read slowly

Phase 1 of the Lagos rail project which is 7 kilometres gulped 1.12billion USD.

So inflation rate is responsible for this huge variance? Given it took 475m USD to complete a 17 km project in Addis Ababa?

Are you okay at all?

Your politicians are busy raping you and you’re enjoying it?

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Bring out a calculator and figure out the cost per kilometre on the metro line projects in Lagos and Addis Ababa.

Basic facts with links are staring right in front of you. Do you really love your slave masters this much?

Snippets:

That is Your job you should have done the math before coming out to talk stupidly
Summarise in one sentence,by what factor is Lagos costlier
Lagos even appear s cheaper
Though kilometre cost comparison is inappropriate. Ethiopia is landlocked.Lagos is a lagoon terrain.
In Lagos state several properties had to be demolished and compensation paid, power lines moved.gas and petroleum pipelines also moved at significant cost and effort. A metro in Lagos is not the same as in Kaduna so comparison has to be more nuanced
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Oxala17: 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
omonnakoda:

Remove this garbage you just typed you dunce

You're just a fool constituting nuisance value yet believing yourself to be a useful intellectual...like that other mouth-breather who wanted me to prove it was money inside Tinubu's bullion vans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
That is Your job you should have done the math before coming out to talk stupidly
Lagos even appear s cheaper
Though kilometre cost comparison is inappropriate. Ethiopia is landlocked.Lagos is a lagoon terrain.
In Lagos state several properties had to be demolished and compensation paid, power lines moved.gas and petroleum pipelines also moved at significant cost and effort. A metro in Lagos is not the same as in Kaduna so comparison has to be more nuanced

You are much more stupid than I thought.

So where you come from, it’s cheaper to build a light rail of 7 kilometres for 1.12 billion USD rather than 475 million USD for 17 kilometres abi?
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
Oxala17:

My mother is a fool she will die shamefully
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

You are much more stupid than I thought.

So where you come from, it’s cheaper to build a light rail of 7 kilometres for 1.12 billion USD rather than 475 million USD for 17 kilometres abi?

Which 7 km was built for 1 billion? From where to where?substantiate and stop telling stupid lies
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Bros, I’m sure you’re not daft.

Read slowly

Phase 1 of the Lagos rail project which is 7 kilometres gulped 1.12billion USD.

So inflation rate is responsible for this huge variance? Given it took 475m USD to complete a 17 km project in Addis Ababa?

Are you okay at all?

Your politicians are busy raping you and you’re enjoying it?
You are contradicting yourself first you said 35 now it is 7? I responded to your claim of 35 so why shifting goalposts?
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
Which 7 km was built for 1 billion? From where to where?substantiate and stop telling stupid lies

Read and stop defending your slave masters.

They’re raping you mercilessly while you’re defending them passionately.

Who did this to you?

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 10:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
You are contradicting yourself first you said 35 now it is 7?

Dear Lord.

Did you read where I wrote “phase 1 of the project was completed for 1.12 billion USD”?

Does phase 1 of the project automatically translate to the entire 35 km? Guy, did you drop out of school or something?

Are you this deficient in understanding something so basic? undecided
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Read and stop defending your slave masters.

They’re raping you mercilessly while you’re defending them passionately.

Who did this to you?
That is a speculation you said 35 is it now 7?
I do not recognise your source.It is not credible
I am not defending anyone so stop talking ignorantly
Let us establish facts
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Dear Lord.

Did you read where I wrote “phase 1 of the project was completed for 1.12 billion USD”?

Does phase 1 of the project automatically translate to the entire 35 km? Guy, did you drop out of school or something?

Are you this deficient in understanding something so basic? undecided
what is phase 1 ?
You said 35km stop lying.where did you get yours figures?
Provide data fromLASG OR Nigerian newspapers not some unknown fictional site
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
That is a speculation you said 35 is it now 7?
I do not recognise your source.It is not credible
I am not defending anyone so stop talking ignorantly
Let us establish facts

Read slowly and comprehend.

Phase 1 of the project was constructed at a cost of 1.12billion dollars (7 kilometres).

The sources are all over the internet for you to verify.

But I can see cognitive dissonance is kicking in.

You’re hopelessly in love with your slave masters.
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Read slowly and comprehend.

Phase 1 of the project was constructed at a cost of 1.12billion dollars (7 kilometres).

The sources are all over the internet for you to verify.

But I can see cognitive dissonance is kicking in.

You’re hopelessly in love with your slave masters.
What is the source of your claim?
Cognitive dissonance is not something that kicks in
That is gratuitous use of a phrase you do not grasp
Stick to topic
Where did you get your figures
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
what is phase 1 ?
You said 35km stop lying.where did you get yours figures?
Provide data fromLASG OR Nigerian newspapers not some unknown fictional site

Slave. Read!

Pretty sure you’ll tell us BugdIT is a dubious source as well.

https://medium.com/@BudgITng/budgit-charges-lagos-government-to-clarify-lagos-monorail-budget-controversy-27d94044ba9d

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Slave. Read!

https://medium.com/@BudgITng/budgit-charges-lagos-government-to-clarify-lagos-monorail-budget-controversy-27d94044ba9d

You are a liar and very dishonest
You have failed to provide evidence for what that figure is for whether 7km or 35
None of those sources tell us completion costs. Those figures have been around for several years
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 11:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Slave. Read!

Where is the source for the so called official figures .the discrepancy?
I am not here to defend LASG
Just to establish facts
If you can prove your claim I will accept graciously
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 11:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
You are a liar and very dishonest
You have failed to provide evidence for what that figure is for whether 7km or 35
Note of those source s tell us completion costs. Those figures have been around for several years

Read again.

No matter how hard you believe in a lie, it can never be the truth.

Your politicians are raping you shamelessly while you make excuses for them.

Screenshot 1 is self explanatory for anyone that understands basic English.

Screenshot 2 shows you how much the cost of the project was quoted for on the contractor’s website (182m USD), whereas your thieving politicians claim it costs 1.2 billion USD.

And slaves like you are busy defending these greedy rapists. What a shame.

You’re beyond redemption, I’m pretty sure you see those chains around your neck as jewellery right now.

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 11:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Read again.

No matter how hard you believe in a lie, it can never be the truth.

Your politicians are raping you shamelessly while you make excuses for them.

Screenshot 1 is self explanatory for anyone that understands basic English.

Screenshot 2 shows you how much the cost of the project was quoted for on the contractor’s website (182m USD), whereas your thieving politicians claim it costs 1.2 billion USD.

And slaves like you are defending these rapists. What a shame.

You’re beyond redemption, I’m pretty sure you see those chains around your neck are jewellery right now.
Your screenshot is not something I will engage with because I do not find it credible
Your screenshot are the product s of illiterate bloggers
Anticipated to have cost?? Anticipated by whom? On What basis?
What does the word ENGULF mean?
How does one ENGULF 1 billion USD
Clearly the work of illiterate bloggers like you

Simple request clarify your claim
According to YOUR Budgit there is an OFFICIALLY ACCLAIMED figure from LASG
WHERE is that?
Where does the 7km start and end and can you provide a single source from ONE NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER or LASG Website
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
omonnakoda:
Your screenshot is not something I will engage with because I do not find it credible
Your screenshot are the product s of illiterate bloggers
Anticipated to have cost?? Anticipated by whom? On What basis?
What does the word ENGULF mean?
How does one ENGULF 1 billion USD
Clearly the work of illiterate bloggers like you

Simple request clarity your claim
According to YOUR Budgit there is an OFFICIALLY ACCLAIMED figure from LASG
WHERE is that?
Where does the 7km start and end and can you provide a single source from ONE NIGERIAN NEWSPAPER or LASG Website

You’re irredeemable.

Oya bleat some more for us. See this article from May 2016 on Guardian newspaper.

https://guardian.ng/news/lagos-metro-rail-transit-to-cost-n456bn-says-md-infrastructure-bank/

1.12bn USD for 7km in Lagos, but 475m USD for 17km in Addis Ababa.

Entertain us some more by defending your oppressors.

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 11:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

You’re irredeemable.

Oya bleat some more for us. See this article from May 2016 on Guardian newspaper.

https://guardian.ng/news/lagos-metro-rail-transit-to-cost-n456bn-says-md-infrastructure-bank/

1.12bn USD for 7km in Lagos, but 475m USD for 17km in Addis Ababa.

Entertain us some more by defending your oppressors.
You are contradicting yourself
Was the project completed in 2016?
You have Very Categorically told us Completion cost
All we are asking is your source
You clearly have none

You are clearly quite unintelligent and fancy yourself a bright spark
My oppressors?
What are we saying and what is the meaning of this emotional twaddle
I do not feel any need to take sides
I have genuine interest in the cost so I want facts so when I talk I can back it up
The simple truth is that there is obscurity about the cost with less than desirable transparency
That does not justify telling lies or making up stories
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
OkCornel:

Dear Lord.

I did
So what is your source
Completed you say.So why are you bringing up from 2016 talking about anticipated cost?
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by drlateef: 11:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
TheBTCinvestor:
RIP to Peter Obi cheesy

And the Ponzi party. Lol!!!
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by drlateef: 11:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
Abizz:
Obi is coming.
That's all I know.

Inside his wife….
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by naijaebay: 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
It is now time to scrutinize to estimated cost of the budget. We in Nigeria, are notorious for inflating project costs 3 to 5 times on average. As Soyinka said, we don't have enough resources for everyone's greed. Every naira needs to be spend judiciously. And exercising your civil rights by asking questions does not mean you are being disrespectful. It is your civil duty as enshrined in the constitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by drlateef: 11:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
Peterpanny:
We know the original developers of Lagos state.
We know the real tribe that are contributing immersely to the development of this so Lagos state .
The tribe that have bought almost all the land in Lagos state and chase the original owners of Lagos state to badagry and seme border.

I did not mentioned any tribe...
No body should attack me because some of you down here are just daft.

Biafra or death!!! We want to go back to our land of the rising sun. Lol
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by onuman: 12:00am On Dec 31, 2022
yomexp:
yes, to Anambla!!! grin

Perhaps, unknown to you, Igbo is the largest or 2nd largest ethnic group in Nigeria, and when their votes count, it shall surprise you who want to bring an ex Drug trafficking baron to be president of Nigeria.
Perhaps unknown to you, Anambra is not all there is for Igbos.
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 12:02am On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
You are contradicting yourself
Was the project completed in 2016?
You have Very Categorically told us Completion cost
All we are asking is your source
You clearly have none

You are clearly quite unintelligent and fancy yourself a bright spark
My oppressors?
What are we saying and what is the meaning of this emotional twaddle
I do not feel any need to take sides
I have genuine interest in the cost so I want facts so when I talk I can back it up
The simple truth is that there is obscurity about the cost with less than desirable transparency
That does not justify telling lies or making up stories

See the problem with slaves.

You have a source right there from a Nigerian newspaper clearly telling you the cost to construct the Lagos light rail, which is far more costlier per kilometre when compared to Addis Ababa, and you’re still here passionately defending your thieving politicians.

You are irredeemable. Stay in your chains and defend your oppressors.

2.4bn USD for a 35km project in Lagos versus 475m USD for a 17km project in Addis Ababa, and a slave is still here defending fraud?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 12:08am On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
I did
So what is your source
Completed you say.So why are you bringing up from 2016 talking about anticipated cost?

Slave, do you understand what you read?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by seguno2: 1:08am On Dec 31, 2022
Larryton:
It is better late than never

Has it been done yet and used by the people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Tope Adebutu Said Obasanjo's Daughters Are Prostitutes" - Taiwo Obasanjo / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Sowore Begins Hunger Strike In Police Detention, Rejects Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.