Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like (58306 Views)

Four Things To Know About Fourth Mainland Bridge Project / Lagos Signs $1.35 Billion Deal For Fourth Mainland Bridge, Other Key Projects / Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge: Three Companies Reach Final Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 1:33am On Dec 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Slave, do you understand what you read?

https://constructionreviewonline.com/biggest-projects/lagos-rail-mass-transit-project-timeline/
a blog? Not a credible source. It is opinion
Are there no newspapers in Nigeria? Not one carried a story to back YOUR claim?
Jumping back to a 2016 article after claiming the cost of COMPLETED work shows incoherence.
Rather than make up figures or swallow unsubstantiated figures let us ask questions
Logical and credible sources would be Nigerian newspapers or government official statement even the state budgets. The statement s you provide talked of anticipated cost and you used that to back a more ambitious claim
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by popoolay: 3:07am On Dec 31, 2022
One of the numerous projects President Atiku Abubakar will be commissioning when he assumes office as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come 2023 by God's grace
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 3:38am On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
a blog? Not a credible source. It is opinion
Are there no newspapers in Nigeria? Not one carried a story to back YOUR claim?
Jumping back to a 2016 article after claiming the cost of COMPLETED work shows incoherence.
Rather than make up figures or swallow unsubstantiated figures let us ask questions
Logical and credible sources would be Nigerian newspapers or government official statement even the state budgets. The statement s you provide talked of anticipated cost and you used that to back a more ambitious claim

You keep on proving you’re an irredeemable slave. You don’t even know the difference between a website and a blog. How shameful.

Is the guardian newspaper or BudgIT also blogs? Who or what blocked your mind from reasoning properly?

You have links and screenshots from Nigerian dailies and websites showing you the cost of the Lagos light rail fraud, and you’re still here defending your thieving slave masters?

This is wonderful.

Please justify 2.4 billion USD for a 35km project in Lagos against a 475 million USD for a 17km project in Addis Ababa.

Entertain me and defend your slave masters.

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Peterpanny: 7:34am On Dec 31, 2022
drlateef:

Biafra or death!!! We want to go back to our land of the rising sun. Lol
I use the word DAFT for a reason

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by AdeniyiA(m): 7:47am On Dec 31, 2022
yomexp:
To be commissioned by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Peter Gregory Obi by God's grace
#fixed

write it down
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by sonssyo: 8:02am On Dec 31, 2022
People that beg on this platform still supporting useless APC that brought tears to the populace, well instead of me to vote for APC I will rather keep my PVC
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by yomexp(m): 8:14am On Dec 31, 2022
onuman:

Perhaps, unknown to you, Igbo is the largest or 2nd largest ethnic group in Nigeria, and when their votes count, it shall surprise you who want to bring an ex Drug trafficking baron to be president of Nigeria.
Perhaps unknown to you, Anambra is not all there is for Igbos.
"first or second largest ethnic group in Nigeria? “ibos and lies.

1 Like

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Exceed15: 8:30am On Dec 31, 2022
yomexp:
To be commissioned by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu by God's grace

And by still same grace Muslim- Muslim ticket will not see the light of the day In Jesus Name.
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by franudi: 8:37am On Dec 31, 2022
TheBTCinvestor:
RIP to Peter Obi cheesy
Idiot.
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by 9japride(m): 8:45am On Dec 31, 2022
Who will benefit from the contract award of the bridge? Are urchins going to be given some percentage from the contract award? How will the bridge improve the standard of living in that state? No one is talking about the amount to be used in constructing it. Humans are really funny set of beings.
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2022
OkCornel:

You keep on proving you’re an irredeemable slave. You don’t even know the difference between a website and a blog. How shameful.

Is the guardian newspaper or BudgIT also blogs? Who or what blocked your mind from reasoning properly?

You have links and screenshots from Nigerian dailies and websites showing you the cost of the Lagos light rail fraud, and you’re still here defending your thieving slave masters?

This is wonderful.

Please justify 2.4 billion USD for a 35km project in Lagos against a 475 million USD for a 17km project in Addis Ababa.

Entertain me and defend your slave masters.
You are a noisemaker
Read your source ' ANTICIPATED TO ENGULF'
What kind of English is that?
How can one trust anything from such an illiterate site
YOU made a claim about completion costs and are citing Infrastructure bank from 2016
Was the project completed in 2016
First it was 35 km then it was 7
I am not interested in your silly tantrums and beer parlour talk
I am not here to defend anything. I am interested in truth and facts not your stupid emotional incontinence.
Provide evidence of COMPLETED COST.with a credible source
Did your Budgit mention anywhere cost of completion? Anywhere? NO
For me a credible source is a Nigerian newspaper or Government release
All these bluster and ranting won't work
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by bewla(m): 9:31am On Dec 31, 2022
Jokerman:
Lol... so Sanwolu project is now for Bulaba cheesy...
bulabu and baluba sweet

Us
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 31, 2022
9japride:
Who will benefit from the contract award of the bridge? Are urchins going to be given some percentage from the contract award? How will the bridge improve the standard of living in that state? No one is talking about the amount to be used in constructing it. Humans are really funny set of beings.

Ordinarily, I should have ignored your nuisance but because of other stupid and illogical arguments on Lagos metro line it has become important that I say something.

The most stupid question ever asked is by you. You asked "How will the bridge improve the standard of living in that state"? It shows you an IBO and may not even be in Lagos. You are so much concerned about the contract award and those that will benefit from the contract and not the benefit of the project. You can see you are a big fool. Those contracts awarded by the governor of your state who are the people benefitting from them? Is there any indigenous people of Lagos State interested in those benefitting from those contracts awarded in your state?

You asked a question "How will the bridge improve the standard of living in that state? It shows your level of intellectual blindness and backwardness just like the person making comparison about the cost of metro line between Lagos and Addis.

IBB constructed 3rd Mainland Bridge from Gulf War Oil Windfall. While the bridge and other projects at Abuja were ongoing from the Gulf Oil Windfall, people were busy complaining about how Gulf War Oil Windfall was being embezzled using projects. They said the projects have little benefits.

I don't know how a normal human being will ask - How will the bridge improve the standard of living in that state? I believe only a mad man can ask such question. That is insanity more than bitterness. 3 pages of articles cannot be enough to summarize the benefits of the bridge to the inhabitants of the state.

You are too bittered and depressed to understand the benefit. Since 2002 when Tinubu mentioned the construction of 4th Mainland Bridge under Lagos developmental agenda, it has remained part of the masterplan and it will be constructed no matter how long it takes.
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 9:50am On Dec 31, 2022
babaolofin:

Ordinarily, I should have ignored your nuisance but because of other stupid and illogical arguments on Lagos metro line it has become important that I say something.

The most stupid question ever asked is by you. You asked "How will the bridge improve the standard of living in that state"? It shows you an IBO and may not even be in Lagos. You are so much concerned about the contract award and those that will benefit from the contract and not the benefit of the project. You can see you are a big fool. Those contracts awarded by the governor of your state who are the people benefitting from them? Is there any indigenous people of Lagos State interested in those benefitting from those contracts awarded in your state?

You asked a question "How will the bridge improve the standard of living in that state? It shows your level of intellectual blindness and backwardness just like the person making comparison about the cost of metro line between Lagos and Addis.

IBB constructed 3rd Mainland Bridge from Gulf War Oil Windfall. While the bridge and other projects at Abuja were ongoing from the Gulf Oil Windfall, people were busy complaining about how Gulf War Oil Windfall was being embezzled using projects. They said the projects have little benefits.

I don't know how a normal human being will ask - How will the bridge improve the standard of living in that state? I believe only a mad man can ask such question. That is insanity more than bitterness. 3 pages of articles cannot be enough to summarize the benefits of the bridge to the inhabitants of the state.

You are too bittered and depressed to understand the benefit. Since 2002 when Tinubu mentioned the construction of 4th Mainland Bridge under Lagos developmental agenda, it has remained part of the masterplan and it will be constructed no matter how long it takes.
well said but IBB did not use Gulf war windfall for 3'rd Mainland bridge. The bridge was commissioned in 1991 .check the date of the war it was 1991.
No one was complaining about how the windfall was spent because we did not know. We found out much later,they never declared a surplus publicly
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by drlateef: 9:56am On Dec 31, 2022
Peterpanny:
I use the word DAFT for a reason

You are in sifiiiiaaaa pain!!!!
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by 9japride(m): 10:02am On Dec 31, 2022
babaolofin:

[color=#006600][/color]

I'm not a novice like others who just worship those funny politicians. IBB and former leaders in Lagos did a wonderful job. Presently, majority of politicians just do mega project to eat from it. Same with politicians in the south east too. We shouldn't be making excuses for them. They have never called us to follow them eat from their government money food. So, why should I take them serious? There are some important things that needs to be done in every states, but rather they keep chasing projects that are not very important. if it was 2011 Tinubu came for elections, he might win. But presently he's already old and people are wiser now due to social media. So leave all these talk, same with Ebony and Rivers state governors building different projects, how has those projects impacted directly on the common man?
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Peterpanny: 10:32am On Dec 31, 2022
drlateef:

You are in sifiiiiaaaa pain!!!!
before you quote me understand the meaning of the word DAFT

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 10:38am On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
You are a noisemaker
Read your source ' ANTICIPATED TO ENGULF'
What kind of English is that?
How can one trust anything from such an illiterate site
YOU made a claim about completion costs and are citing Infrastructure bank from 2016
Was the project completed in 2016
First it was 35 km then it was 7
I am not interested in your silly tantrums and beer parlour talk
I am not here to defend anything. I am interested in truth and facts not your stupid emotional incontinence.
Provide evidence of COMPLETED COST.with a credible source
Did your Budgit mention anywhere cost of completion? Anywhere? NO
For me a credible source is a Nigerian newspaper or Government release
All these bluster and ranting won't work

The ranting of a stubborn slave. I’ll keep on toying with you till you use your words to hang yourself.

Now argue with Lagos state governor and call channels tv a blog too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjqNTizAdYA

It’s amazing seeing someone in chains defending his slave masters passionately. Now it’s very clear why Nigeria has not progressed since the late 70s. Many slaves like you defending their oppressors.

Please bleat some more.
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 10:42am On Dec 31, 2022
babaolofin:

Since you are intellectually advanced, can you justify how it makes sense for 475m USD to complete a light rail project of 17 km in Addis Ababa but 2.4bn USD for 35 km in Lagos?

And why the cost of construction rail tracks in Nigeria is among the highest in the world?!

Your leaders are robbing you blind and you’re busy clapping for them?

Religion, tribalism and poverty has created an abundant supply of m0rons in Nigeria. It’s a pity.

KEEP ON DEFENDING YOUR SLAVEMASTERS, YOU DESERVE THEM.

https://guardian.ng/news/nigerias-rail-costs-exceed-aus-estimates-by-over-100/

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:52am On Dec 31, 2022
OkCornel:

The ranting of a stubborn slave. I’ll keep on toying with you till you use your words to hang yourself.

Now argue with Lagos state governor and call channels tv a blog too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjqNTizAdYA

It’s amazing seeing someone in chains defending his slave masters passionately. Now it’s very clear why Nigeria has not progressed since the late 70s. Many slaves like you defending their oppressors.

Please bleat some more.
Mr ENGULF
if you have something to say say it
I am not open ing any stupid links from you
You are programmed to parrot SLAVE MASTER upandan
who is my slave master and how have I Defended ANYONE or ANYTHING
I am interested in facts.Not stupid argument
If you have facts present them and stop going round in circles
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 10:55am On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
if you have something to say say it
I am not open ing any stupid links from you
You are programmed to parrot SLAVE MASTER upandan
who is my slave master and how have I Defended ANYONE or ANYTHING
I am interested in facts.Not stupid argument
If you have facts present them and stop going round in circles

Oh, I thought you’ll argue with the Lagos state governor and call channels tv a blog too.

Go and lick the feet of your slavemasters as they rob you in daylight.

475m USD for a 17 km project in Addis Ababa, but 2.4 billion USD for a 35 km project in Lagos.

And you’re still here yarning dust. You are irredeemable.

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Oh, I thought you’ll argue with the Lagos state governor and call channels tv a blog too.

emotional ranting won't let you off the hook
Mr ENGULF
Can you substantiate your claim that 35 km which you interchange to 7 km was complete d with $1 billion when all you have is a 2016 article and a blog talking about ENGULF?
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 11:01am On Dec 31, 2022
OkCornel:

475m USD for a 17 km project in Addis Ababa, but 2.4 billion USD for a 35 km project in Lagos.

did Lagos state governor say he spent $2.4 billion? Yes or no?
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2022
OkCornel:

How much did the Lagos state governor say it cost?
When it comes to ridiculing yourself you don't need help
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by OkCornel(m): 11:13am On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
did Lagos state governor say he spent $2.4 billion? Yes or no?

And yet the slave plumbs into deeper depths of stupidity.

Even with the Nigerian newspapers quoting government officials on their costs of the project.

Who can help this slave from the coming embarrassment?

153 billion naira in just 2022 budget only ooo

Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
well said but IBB did not use Gulf war windfall for 3'rd Mainland bridge. The bridge was commissioned in 1991 .check the date of the war it was 1991.
No one was complaining about how the windfall was spent because we did not know. We found out much later,they never declared a surplus publicly

You are not exposed and enlightened and not competent enough to say anything on this issue. On Social media, social media generation can say anything. The Gulf War of 1990 to 1991 and the windfall was a major discussion at that time. ASUU, NANS, Gani Fawehinmi and others spoke about it. No social media, no internet and it was Military rule under Decree and DMI and SSS. The agitation about that money has been on ground before democracy came in 1999.

You are either an educated illiterate and a village man not to know the agitation and discussion about gulf money started even when the money was coming during the war and post war (1992). You said nobody was aware there was windfall until long time. Was it under Abacha (1993 - 1998) that IBB was probed or under OBJ (1999 to 2007) that IBB was probed? The fact that democracy came in 1999 and the issue of the windfall resurrected during Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel kick started an inquiry into the Windfall. IBB had stated while in Office he used the money for capital projects which included 3rd Mainland Bridge. I will leave you to your folly. I am off. Good day.
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 11:24am On Dec 31, 2022
babaolofin:

You are not exposed and enlightened and not competent enough to say anything on this issue. On Social media, social media generation can say anything. The Gulf War of 1990 to 1991 and the windfall was a major discussion at that time. ASUU, NANS, Gani Fawehinmi and others spoke about it. No social media, no internet and it was Military rule under Decree and DMI and SSS. The agitation about that money has been on ground before democracy came in 1999.
I was actually agreeing with most of what you said .
If you disagree do so objectively we can always agree to disagree.
Saying I am not competent .enlightened etc shows weakness not strength
If I was in university before the same IBB came to power and able to remember SAP riots and the parading of
Tai Solarin by SSS In 1989 on TV I am not social media generation
If I went to watch Fela perform live I am not social media generation
If I can remember watching as the bridge extended during construction from Lagoon front UNILAG in 1987 I am not social media generation
We watched construction from the Lagoon front as boats carried cement mix to the middle of the Lagoon
. The bridge stopped before Buhari came to power but had been completed to Ebute Metta. IBB revived it in 1987 and commissioned it in 1991
The 3rd mainland bridge was NOT built with Gulf war windfall That is not true
The Gulf Windfall came in an era where there was no accountability. It became a public issue long after the war had ended
With regard to Abuja yes they claim that is what they did with windfall but remember Orkar coup. 1990 before the Gulf war IBB moved to Abuja after the coup which means there was already something on ground for him to move into
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by COMPAQ(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
. Are you from Lagos State?
I do not think so.otherwise you won't write this rubbish
Have you ever been to Baiyeku?
So the people of Ikorodu are not people?Their benefit does not count?
Lagos is a lagoon state . The bridge will benefit Ikorodu.Sagamu and others
Many of you come to our state from wherever you come and start spouting stupidity about how we should run OUR state.
Once the Lekki FTZ takes off there will be a need for several alternative routes out of Lekki
Unlike the other major bridges this one is not from Lagos Island and it demonstrates the possibilities of other bridges e.g Egbin to Ikorodu as well as possibilities of more marinas and waterfront development in Ikorodu

Calm down. I live in Ologolo, Lekki. There is an existing route from Eleko junction to Epe and ijebu ode junction. From there you can go left on Benin shagamu expressway to join Lagos Ibadan expressway or go right towards Ore, Benin and the east. Case closed!
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by omonnakoda: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
COMPAQ:

Calm down. I live in Ologolo, Lekki. There is an existing route from Eleko junction to Epe and ijebu ode junction. From there you can go left on Benin shagamu expressway to join Lagos Ibadan expressway or go right towards Ore, Benin and the east. Case closed!

We know it has been there for decades. Your point?
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by juniior(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2022
yomexp:
To be commissioned by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu by God's grace
cheesy ignorance
Re: What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by COMPAQ(m): 12:27am On Jan 01, 2023
omonnakoda:
We know it has been there for decades. Your point?

Point is,if that road expansion is completed it also helps. If I were to be going to Ibadan, Ijebu or east from Lekki ideally I should be going that way. But you try it and see!! The whole Sangotedo,Ogombo axis is a nightmare. A government that cannot execute that, the regional road or the rail line in good time is trying to execute a complex bridge over water!?

The money may have been better spent completing the aforementioned projects and doing the version of the blue and red rail to serve Lekki, onwards to FTZ ,which I think is either the green or yellow line.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Sowore Begins Hunger Strike In Police Detention, Rejects Food / Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.