Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

"I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari (21792 Views)

One Term Not Enough To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Insists / What APC Government Has Done For Nigeria – Buhari / Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by MansoryMX(m): 1:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
GeneralDae:

Yeah but 40% is still more progressive than 10%. PDP was a complete mess. Never again for PDP.

What do we say of APC? cheesy
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by GeneralDae: 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2023
MansoryMX:

What do we say of APC? cheesy
APC is disappointing but still better than PDP. Consider these points:

If PDP had not privatized Ajaokuta Steel and Mambilla so shabily, imagine where we would have been today.

PDP sold many assets and did not pay the pensioners, APC is paying them today.

We had so many shady deals and court cases from the PDP era. APC is cleaning the mess today.

PDP reduced excess crude account from 107 Billion dollars in 2004 to just 2 Billion dollars in 2015 with almost nothing to show for it, yet they borrowed 67 Billion dollars despite having their debts wiped off in 2004.

Foreign reserves reduced to 29 Billion dollars in 2015 despite the fact that we earned about 87 trillion naira in 16 years of the PDP. In contrast we have barely earned 12 trillion naira under APC.

Jamb remitted only 54.7 million naira prior to APC, today Jamb is remitting Billions and do not even need allocations from the Federal Government.

Under PDP, NNPC never declared profit only losses. In 2021, NNPC declared a profit of over 600 Billion naira.
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Fujiyama: 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ttalk:
In infrastructure there's no president from 1999 that can match his performance.

^^^
Back this up with evidence. He who asserts must prove. It doesn't have to be a lengthy reply - just a brief summary of the details - roads, schools, hospitals, ports etc.

Ttalk:
Buhari distinguished himself as the best president in fiscal policy regarding other federating units.

^^^
What does the above even mean?

Unfortunately for you, things like fiscal policy have indicators that can be measured. Buhari's federal government has recorded a budget deficit every year from 2015 to date - and his government will still record a deficit this year. What is there to celebrate? undecided

Prove your claims about a stellar undecided FG fiscal performance relative to the states. We are not children here.

Ttalk:
He ensures and pursue fiscal autonomy and direct allocation to Local government.

^^^
No he hasn't.

The constitutional amendment bills (including bills for LG financial autonomy) from the NASS are still rotting away in various state houses of assembly as I write. Buhari's party has a majority in the NASS and also has the majority of state governors as well as majorities in state legislatures. Yet, the Buhari led APC government has been unable to successfully pass bills for LG fiscal autonomy - after 8 long locust-ridden years. With all his influence and the powers at his disposal Buhari (like all the other failed presidents before him) has been unable to get his party to enthrone this basic principle of fiscal federalism. If that bill isn't passed before he leaves, Buhari can add this to his long list of failures.

Ttalk:
Overall, he did what he believes in and cannot ranked below second in governance indices from 1999.

^^^
To make these claims isn't hard. Proving it with evidence is the difficult part.

Prove your claims, sir.
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by okorogodwin4(m): 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2023
We voted massively for Buhari but you turned to be jubril el Sudan
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Ttalk: 1:11pm On Jan 01, 2023
Pickmycall:
Sarcasm.
Why are we buying diesel for #1000 a litre as against the #250 under past president?
A litre of fuel is now #200 as against the #97 he met it.
He promised to make the commodities more cheaper during campaign.
A bag of rice is #40k as against the #10k under gej.All these analyses you are giving are not factual.You are just a brown envelope blogger.

You have to carryout a comparative analysis when measuring performance of a government to have idea of it's work.

How much was diesel, kerosene, fuel sold in Cameroon, Chad, Benin, Togo or Ghana in 2015 with Nigeria and juxtaposed it to how much is being sold today.

What about other commodity as well as exchagebraye in Nigeria and those countries.

The problem of Nigerians is exaggerating our worth and lack of in-depth knowledge about how global economy affect local ones.

What could a government that solely depend on oil done when the price crashed below 30$/ barrel?

How would a government that doesn't want to remove subsidy in a private driven of oil importation when neighbouring countries ended up with half of our subsidies fuel?

How would a government that it's only source of forex comes from oil sales and diaspora remittance when the reserves have dried up and there's nothing left to sustain value of the naira.

What would a government do when the foundational structure is faulty and the entire nation needs a restructure?

It is easy to criticize especially when you are a novice
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Ttalk: 1:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
clinician2x:

How i wish you and your parents were kied by bandits. You won't be alive to type this nonsense i just read

Haba, you are a nuisance to the lineage that birthed you
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by watchindelta(m): 1:16pm On Jan 01, 2023
GeneralDae:

If PDP had not privatized electricity sector so shabily, APC would have been free to loosen up the power sector from that 2015.

If PDP had not privatized Ajaokuta Steel and Mambilla so shabily, imagine where we would have been today.

We had so many shady deals and court cases from the PDP era. APC is cleaning the mess today.

PDP reduced excess crude account from 107 Billion dollars in 2004 to just 2 Billion dollars in 2015 with almost nothing to show for it, yet they borrowed 67 Billion dollars despite having their debts wiped off in 2004.

Foreign reserves reduced to 29 Billion dollars in 2015 despite the fact that we earned about 87 trillion naira in 16 years of the PDP. In contrast we have barely earned 12 trillion naira under APC.

Jamb remitted only 54.7 million naira prior to APC, today Jamb is remitting Billions and do not even need allocations from the Federal Government.

Under PDP, NNPC never declared profit only losses. In 2021, NNPC declared a profit of over 600 Billion naira.

I can go on and on and on. APC is just better than PDP.
with all these blablabla you said where is the money?! How much is bag of rice,Fuel gas,diesel,1naira to dollar,security,minimum wage, rent, happiness of the citizens, I can go,on and on?
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by GeneralDae: 1:17pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ttalk:

Don't mind him. It's just like saying to him: "How I wish you were killed by the various bombs of Bokoharam in 2014 or by the massacre of Odi in 1999, you wouldn't be alive to type this nonsense".
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by GeneralDae: 1:21pm On Jan 01, 2023
watchindelta:
with all these blablabla you said where is the money?! How much is bag of rice,Fuel gas,diesel,1naira to dollar,security,minimum wage, rent, happiness of the citizens, I can go,on and on?
You all make one sided arguments all the time:

How much is bag of rice,cement,gas....

What you should pray for is increase in your earnings so you can pay for bag of rice no matter what it is.

We are talking strategic and futuristic developments here and all some Nigerians care about is bag of rice rather than increased infrastructure for increased jobs and then increased earnings?
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by kennydora: 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
Bleep off
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Ttalk: 1:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
Back this up with evidence. He who asserts must prove. It doesn't have to be a lengthy reply - just a brief summary of the details - roads, schools, hospitals, ports etc.

^^^
What does the above even mean?

Unfortunately for you, things like fiscal policy have indicators that can be measured. Buhari's federal government has recorded a budget deficit every year from 2015 to date - and his government will still record a deficit this year. What is there to celebrate? undecided

Prove your claims about a stellar undecided FG fiscal performance relative to the states. We are not children here.

^^^
No he hasn't.

The constitutional amendment bills (including bills for LG financial autonomy) from the NASS are still rotting away in various state houses of assembly as I write. Buhari's party has a majority in the NASS and also has the majority of state governors as well as majorities in state legislatures. Yet, the Buhari led APC government has been unable to successfully pass bills for LG fiscal autonomy - after 8 long locust-ridden years. With all his influence and the powers at his disposal Buhari (like all the other failed presidents before him) has been unable to get his party to enthrone this basic principle of fiscal federalism. If that bill isn't passed before he leaves, Buhari can add this to his long list of failures.

^^^
To make these claims isn't hard. Proving it with evidence is the difficult part.

Prove your claims, sir.

What do you want me to prove about Buharis sterling performance in infrastructure? The evidence are there for all to see. 2nd Niger bridge is a testimony, rail system, airport upgrading, approval sea ports are projects even his enemies cannot dispute.

You are one of the few that seems to understand the complexity of governance but you are being partisan with your reference to APC regarding passage of fiscal autonomy for Local government.

This has nothing to do with APC having majority as it is purely a personal interest of individual state government.

Tell me why did Lagos state and Rivers state pursued the control of VAT by States with Lagos and Rivers being in opposition party, yet none of the governor from the SE lend their support to this vital move that would at least lift a step in our quest for restructuring?

Why are the leeches to Nigeria resources collectively kicking against restructuring despite being in opposition party.

These are some of the things that requires a strong willed president to summoned and my post never show that Buhari is capable in that aspect.
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by chinos20(m): 1:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
So you're trying to say am not Nigerian, nothing happened here oga.
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by fijihems: 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
Should we be grateful for wasting eight years of our lives?
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Mikebjoe: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2023
G00DHardDick:
What a failure Mumu man!

Obi is coming to rearrange and liberate this country that this clown and Tinubu the criminal destroyed.

Vote massively for peter Obi come 2023
Just dey play mumu
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Mikebjoe: 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2023
StormpyBee:
The best you can do is to pass the ball to Peter Obi.

That's all, your best wasn't good enough.
What's the record of your pit obi
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by GoodCane: 2:10pm On Jan 01, 2023
Mikebjoe:

Just dey play mumu

Seun mynd44 lalastical justwise farano OAM4J Disguy

Rule 2 of
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Vulcan24(m): 2:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
This man is a disaster
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by clinician2x: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ttalk:

Go and show your father this thing u typed about buhari administration. If he has any form of common sense he will question if truly u are his son because u have no atom of common sense. Nothing about this thing u wrote shows that ur parents have the slightest form of common sense.
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by ibtommy(m): 2:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
It's your best actually because a man can't give what he doesn't have, neither can he perform better than his ability. God made man, but man makes slaves out of his fellow men. We will all give accounts on the day of judgment.
Thank you, Mr Bubu for all you have done; every household will continue to remember you for ALL YOU HAVE DONE. Our lives indeed have been Buharized by your compassion and good deeds. No wonder you can boldly say you've done your best.
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Pickmycall: 2:52pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ttalk:

You have to carryout a comparative analysis when measuring performance of a government to have idea of it's work.

How much was diesel, kerosene, fuel sold in Cameroon, Chad, Benin, Togo or Ghana in 2015 with Nigeria and juxtaposed it to how much is being sold today.

What about other commodity as well as exchagebraye in Nigeria and those countries.

The problem of Nigerians is exaggerating our worth and lack of in-depth knowledge about how global economy affect local ones.

What could a government that solely depend on oil done when the price crashed below 30$/ barrel?

How would a government that doesn't want to remove subsidy in a private driven of oil importation when neighbouring countries ended up with half of our subsidies fuel?

How would a government that it's only source of forex comes from oil sales and diaspora remittance when the reserves have dried up and there's nothing left to sustain value of the naira.

What would a government do when the foundational structure is faulty and the entire nation needs a restructure?

It is easy to criticize especially when you are a novice
You are good at essay writing.
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Fujiyama: 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ttalk:
What do you want me to prove about Buharis sterling performance in infrastructure? The evidence are there for all to see. 2nd Niger bridge is a testimony, rail system, airport upgrading, approval sea ports are projects even his enemies cannot dispute.

^^^
grin

Ok. For now we won't talk about the loans used to fund these projects and the mortgaging of generations yet to come. That will be discussed some other time.

Ttalk:
you are being partisan with your reference to APC regarding passage of fiscal autonomy for Local government. This has nothing to do with APC having majority as it is purely a personal interest of individual state government.

^^^
No I am not being partisan. The matter has everything to do with the APC.

Buhari signed an executive order granting LG fiscal autonomy in May 2020. Two years later, the bills (after being passed by the NASS) are still awaiting concurrence by state legislatures. And APC is the party in power at the federal level and the majority of states. And the bill has still not been passed - with just a few months before the sun finally sets on the Buhari administration.

If the APC cannot get this right, what use are they? If it was some irrelevant bill (and they are many!) you can be sure of speedy concurrence but now there is a bill for the good of all Nigerians, it has been bogged down by what you call "personal interests of state governments". undecided And the Buhari led FG cannot apply the suasion required to get states concurrence on this matter. I ask again, what use is the Buhari led FG? undecided

Ttalk:
Tell me why did Lagos state and Rivers state pursued the control of VAT by States with Lagos and Rivers being in opposition party, yet none of the governor from the SE lend their support to this vital move that would at least lift a step in our quest for restructuring?

^^^
Apples and oranges.

I'm not sure of the relationship between between a federally controlled APC's failure to pass pro-people legislation AND what you call the lack of SE support for Rivers and Lagos state agitation for control of VAT. From what I remember, governors across Nigeria (and not just the SE) didn't support Lagos and Rivers - because they obviously don't want the gravy train to end. But that's a very different matter from the FG's failure to get an LG fiscal autonomy bill passed successfully. They are two different things.

But...you haven't answered all my questions...
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by GeneralDae: 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
grin

Ok. For now we won't talk about the loans used to fund these projects and the mortgaging of generations yet to come. That will be discussed some other time.

^^^
No I am not being partisan. The matter has everything to do with the APC.

Buhari signed an executive order granting LG fiscal autonomy in May 2020. Two years later, the bills (after being passed by the NASS) are still awaiting concurrence by state legislatures. And APC is the party in power at the federal level and the majority of states. And the bill has still not been passed - with just a few months before the sun finally sets on the Buhari administration.

If the APC cannot get this right, what use are they? If it was some irrelevant bill (and they are many!) you can be sure of speedy concurrence but now there is a bill for the good of all Nigerians, it has been bogged down by what you call "personal interests of state governments". undecided And the Buhari led FG cannot apply the suasion required to get states concurrence on this matter. I ask again, what use is the Buhari led FG? undecided

^^^
Apples and oranges.

I'm not sure of the relationship between between a federally controlled APC's failure to pass pro-people legislation AND what you call the lack of SE support for Rivers and Lagos state agitation for control of VAT. From what I remember, governors across Nigeria (and not just the SE) didn't support Lagos and Rivers - because they obviously don't want the gravy train to end. But that's a very different matter from the FG's failure to get an LG fiscal autonomy bill passed successfully. They are two different things.

But...you haven't answered all my questions...
So Buhari should force the states to sign the bill? I thought we the people said we want restructuring? So why are we not protesting in our various states for the LG Bill to be signed? That's our duty first before APC and Buhari.
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Fujiyama: 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2023
GeneralDae:

So Buhari should force the states to sign the bill?

^^^
Not at all.

This is where suasion comes in.

I can assure you that if it were a partisan electioneering issue important to Buhari's FG or the APC - and the concurrence of the states was needed, Buhari would get it. We would simply see the final results - they would do their horse trading behind the scenes and the job would get done. Unfortunately, the same level of commitment is lacking here on this much more important issue.

GeneralDae:
I thought we the people said we want restructuring? So why are we not protesting in our various states for the LG Bill to be signed?

^^^
Fair point. I agree that Nigerians are failing in this regard.
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Andres28(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2023
just2endowed:

Like our rubber stamp senate... Buhari borrowed and used money from cbn that was not budgeted running into trillions of naira but instead of the senate to impeach buhari, they are asking him to shalaye. The executive Sha is very powerful and this senate is not making laws to curb this leakage of going to cbn to collect money not budgeted.
This country waste level is amazing.

Secound biggest mistake of buhari is closing the border. This skyrocketed price of rice and major goods from 10k per bag to 23K. it was not well calculated because the idiot knows the border security are corrupt and up north, there is nothing like border checking . So why close the border?

In economy, he had no idea of how economy works. He doesn't know how to fill best hand to manage the economy. Example finance minister is a disaster.

Yes the border closure was a very big mistake.
Not with a country that's still very dependent on other country for food.
The level of corruption in Nigeria is untold.
It will take a miracle to redeem this country

1 Like

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by mamdanju: 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2023
You did your best for the country and you will be remembered for your patriotic contributions for infrastructure, free and fair elections, local rice production and retooling the armed forces. You are the best president in these regards. We hope those coming behind you will build upon your legacy. Security, poverty and unemployment are big issues that your predecessors must tackle. Thank you my president
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Kamalex2: 3:59pm On Jan 01, 2023
Walahi talahi but God dey
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by just2endowed: 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2023
GeneralDae:

If PDP had not privatized electricity sector so shabily, APC would have been free to loosen up the power sector from that 2015.

I can go on and on and on. APC is just better than PDP.

When you increase exams fees, what do u expect jamb to make and with university set to increase school fees by 200% we have more 30 millions out of school ? Shoe evidence that nnpc declare 600 billions
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Codes151(m): 5:02pm On Jan 01, 2023
you did nothing except ruin the little we built so far
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by GeneralDae: 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
Codes151:
you did nothing except ruin the little we built so far
What did you build that he ruined?
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by lildush(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2023
Thunder fire u dere. Ijot
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by watchindelta(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2023
GeneralDae:

You all make one sided arguments all the time:

How much is bag of rice,cement,gas....

What you should pray for is increase in your earnings so you can pay for bag of rice no matter what it is.

We are talking strategic and futuristic developments here and all some Nigerians care about is bag of rice rather than increased infrastructure for increased jobs and then increased earnings?
but in Nigeria the minimum wage is just 18k! So who will increase the salary? The success of Nigeria is within the citizens, the day the citizens decided to let go tribalism, and stop defending these politicians, is that day Nigeria will goood. Without light no develop country can run. Nigeria has 1million problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Eagle Square Getting Ready For Tinubu's Inauguration As President / Subsidy Probe: Otedola Confirms Bribe To Lawmakers / Bomb-blast In Maiduguri As APC Hold Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.