Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

"I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari (21728 Views)

One Term Not Enough To Fix Nigeria, Buhari Insists / What APC Government Has Done For Nigeria – Buhari / Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Racoon(m): 8:01am On Jan 01, 2023
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), said he had done his best to serve Nigeria.[/b]He also prayed that his successor would continue the journey of making Nigeria one of the world’s leading countries by 2100.

[b]“I welcome and accept both the accolades and criticisms in equal measure, secure in the conviction that I did my best to serve our dear country Nigeria and I pray that the next President will also pick up the baton and continue the race to make Nigeria one of the leading countries of the world by the end of this century,” Buhari said in his New Year message on Saturday.

He also appealed to Nigerians to avoid being used by some politicians to foil smooth elections. Rather, he said every citizen must participate in ways that ensure free and fair elections.

Buhari said, “We, as Nigerians, must also take responsibility to ensure we participate in ensuring that the 2023 elections are free and fair by not engaging in anti-state activities and other nefarious acts that may affect the run of the polls.

“We must also resist every attempt to be used by politicians to create unrest in any form to disrupt the elections. We, as government will ensure such activities are met with the full force of the law.”

The President also promised that the collective electoral will and votes of Nigerians would be fulfilled even in the twilight moments of his watch.

https://punchng.com/i-did-my-best-for-nigeria-says-buhari/?amp

26 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Ttalk: 8:01am On Jan 01, 2023
See how time fly

No matter what shallow thinkers may say, Buhari has done his part based on his conviction, experience and exposure.

In infrastructure there's no president from 1999 that can match his performance.

Buhari distinguished himself as the best president in fiscal policy regarding other federating units.

He ensures and pursue fiscal autonomy and direct allocation to Local government.

He ensures payment of money owed states without making it public.

He paid pension backdated to Biafra military era in the late 60s.

He bailed out states without making noise.

He revolutionized agriculture sector and took some promising hard decision in that sector.

He is fair in election with no interference unlike past government.

Yes, his preference for north is visible in many areas, just as he trusted people from his region more in a federating state. He also allowed clique to influence and dictate governance.

Overall, he did what he believes in and cannot ranked below second in governance indices from 1999.

Thank you sir, General Muhammad Buhari

107 Likes 21 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Racoon(m): 8:03am On Jan 01, 2023
Without mincing words, APC has not only failed in its promises, but it has engineered a retrogression of the country, especially in the areas of security and economy. There are disturbing statistics on fuel, debts, unemployment, inflation, insecurity and others.

The unemployment rate was 8.19% in 2015 when APC took over, but now it is 33.3%. A US dollar is exchanged at N720 in the parallel market now. It was N198 in 2015. While the country’s debt status was N9.8 trillion in 2015, it stands at N41.6 trillion and the list is endless.

Tinubu’s APC cannot say Nigeria is fine under its rule, and Nigerians are waiting for the ruling party at the polls, and it is the party that Tinubu formed as a platform to achieve his lifelong ambition

These are the extent of damage that the APC has wrecked and Tinubu is using the same platform for his campaigns. It is with keen interest that the Nigerian people await the campaigns to commence.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/tinubu-apc-and-the-hurdle-of-aggrieved-nigerian-youths/

A failure, disaster and catastrophe will never see anything wrong with it because of his myopic prismatic worldview.A failure is always a failure. Never reinforce failure.

232 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by SLAP44: 8:03am On Jan 01, 2023
Just like we predicted in 2014, buharri has become a disaster, stamped, sealed.

Don't vote for Tinubu
Don't vote for Atiku

They are both worse disasters.

276 Likes 21 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Can this guy stop talking already

Your score card speak alot about you

How was Nigeria before you came in, how is it now

If you have ear problem, you don't have eye problem now undecided you can see IDP camps everywhere.

How dare you rub it in

Please don't rub salt on the wound!

Just pack and go!

192 Likes 12 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by GoodCane: 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
What a failure Mumu man!

Obi is coming to rearrange and liberate this country that this clown and Tinubu the criminal destroyed.

Vote massively for peter Obi come 2023

139 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by handsomeyinka(m): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
He did his best..

Thank you Buhari.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Agbadocassava: 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Buhari is the best president Nigeria ever produced so far but incoming president Bola Ahmed Tinubu will surely beat his record.

Happy new year guys.

14 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by nastyesco(m): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Oloshi…this man had three chances to successfully steer this country on the right path (once as a military administrator and twice as a democratic leader) and he failed woefully. The worst part is he judges himself as an excellent performer. The man is a fraud and epidemic.
Let him sha hand over to emilokan so we can start eating agbado, cassava and ewa…ba bulu bu, bulaaba!

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by StormpyBee: 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
The best you can do is to pass the ball to Peter Obi.

That's all, your best wasn't good enough.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by dapsoneh: 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Sharap therr

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Kharol1234: 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Baba go rest abeg we hear...

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Lawalabiodun(m): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Truly you did your best sir, but your best wasn't good enough for we citizens of this blessed Nation.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by SouthSouth1914: 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Can you step aside now please?

Pitiable comments from a failed president.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Ok sir but pls can you come and be going already?
Let Osibanjo be the president till una tenure elapses sir.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Oluwapresley(m): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2023
Abeg, cold dey catch me. No be this kind thing I suppose dey read for inside this kind cold.

14 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Ogamysamo: 8:13am On Jan 01, 2023
you did your best and your best should have been recognize if you didn't do too many unfulfil promises

your best couldn't cover 10% of your promise to the nation and its citizen

9 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by KEVIND: 8:13am On Jan 01, 2023
The best legacy of President Buhari is the signing into law the new electoral act.

5 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by BOLATINUBU01: 8:13am On Jan 01, 2023
TINUBU WILL CONTINUE YOUR GOOD WORK

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by datopaper(m): 8:14am On Jan 01, 2023
Two sides of a coin. From some people side, pre Buhari has done well. To other side, he has done nothing.

3 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by KingLennon(m): 8:14am On Jan 01, 2023
You did your worst sir. Well, you told us you will bring change and you fulfilled that promise

You changed the economy from good to very bad (◔‿◔)....

16 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Hueyreckless0007: 8:14am On Jan 01, 2023
Your best is not good enough. Mr President

9 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Thereisstillhop: 8:14am On Jan 01, 2023
True true you did your best Baba thanks may God do your family same way you did to us

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by DMerciful(m): 8:14am On Jan 01, 2023
The undisputed heavyweight champion of incompetence!

Worst president ever in the history of Nigeria

21 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by immortalmortal: 8:15am On Jan 01, 2023
If you call this your best, then you really had nothing to offer... Your best is not good enough.
Meanwhile you still have a chance. the best thing you can do is to handover to Peter Obi.

13 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Jahzrockballer(m): 8:15am On Jan 01, 2023
please collect the microphone from Mr Outgoing president grin

10 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Tooreda: 8:15am On Jan 01, 2023
Not today.

2 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by wiseone28: 8:15am On Jan 01, 2023
God blaze you Baba..

We are now poorest than when you came.

They will still not have sense.

9 Likes

Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by PellsKodak: 8:15am On Jan 01, 2023
U try smiley
Re: "I Did My Best For Nigeria" - Buhari by Scammerr(m): 8:15am On Jan 01, 2023
of course, he did his best in killing Nigerians. Oni kure

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Father Mbaka: Nigeria Is Cursed With Bad Leadership / Pressure On Probe Of Buhari Campaign Funding Grows / Buhari Is Not Travelling To US - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.