Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? (1910 Views)

Why Do Some Women Hate And Maltreat Their Househelps? / Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / Why Do Women Hate This Wonderful Thing Yet Do With It In Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 6:17am On Jan 03, 2023
Kapeter:
■Well I have no much idea about God curse that you insist on and yes, God did modified His laws every now and then for the Jews. I think Moses story will help you with that, so many modifications every now and then about how the Jews should live and how they shouldn't.
■Whatever you mean by saying Christianity is removed from God when you clearly stated again that Jesus brought a new law to men.
■Well all the same all I was saying abinitio is that both divorce and polygamy was never Gods plan for marriage. Ire o
■ This New Year, abeg, make you try to pick up the first 5 books called the Pentateuch to read for yourself. God did not modify Laws in those books, instead, what God did was compile the laws that make up the Constitution of a Nation — the state of Israel— with about 613 total commandments and statutes described. The details of the Law are found written in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. undecided
■ Jesus Christ did bring and teach a New Law, however, as I explained, the new Law does not forbid polygamy nor polyandry for that matter. So since you earlier admitted that Jesus Christ Himself did not forbid but that instead, Christianity does, what you insinuate by that yourself is that Christianity is in fact removed from that which is the Law according to Jesus Christ, or are you looking to change your mind about that? undecided
■ In the beginning, God's plan for marriage was for a union formed forever, I think until man rejected God, leading to God forsaking/cursing man, and marriage, allowing divorce to enter, a place where we still find ourselves even to this day. undecided
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Mamayam: 9:38am On Jan 03, 2023
litigator:
Wait ooo!

Most naija women against polygamy are Christians.

Our Muslim sisters have already been prepared for polygamy and since it’s a religious affair, they can’t really complain about it.

But why are our Christain sisters who are all firm believer of the Holy Bible and the prophecies encapsulated therein against polygamy?

I just don’t understand why they hate polygamy when the Bible in Isaiah 4:1 clearly prophesied that seven women will beg to marry one man in the last days. Is this not polygamy?

If the same Prophet foretold the birth of Jesus Christ, who birth was commemorated last week Sunday, and it came to pass, shouldn’t we be celebrating the coming of polygamy or the reinvention of polygamy back in Africa?

Are we not in the last days or is it that naija women just want to pick and choose which portion of the Bible to believe?

Why should we call ourselves Christians and firm believer of the Bible but hate polygamy?

Is this right?

Let’s hear from you.

Happy new year.

Err.. the current ratio of men to women is 103:100. Or 1.03 men to 1 woman. Your 7 women to 1 man cannot work. Maybe there is no such thing as the end time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Cocotini: 8:26am On Jan 05, 2023
Dear poster,this video says it all .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XKOX0rCgWQ
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Mindlog: 9:12am On Jan 05, 2023
Cocotini:
Dear poster,this video says it all .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XKOX0rCgWQ

In Nigeria, what is the ratio of men to women?
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2023
Mamayam:
Err.. the current ratio of men to women is 103:100. Or 1.03 men to 1 woman. Your 7 women to 1 man cannot work. Maybe there is no such thing as the end time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Be Faithful In Marriage / She Rejected A Gift Of Toyota Camry @ VAL Just Because Of Me. What Do I Do? / What Goes In Strong But Comes Out Weak?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.