Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? (1816 Views)

Why Do Some Women Hate And Maltreat Their Househelps? / Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / Why Do Women Hate This Wonderful Thing Yet Do With It In Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Mindlog: 4:20pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:

I do agree with you to an extent. But then we have the Calhoun’s rodent utopia experiment which sorta suggest that this will have nothing to do with the scarcity of men. But have more to do the lack of [b]desire for mating [/b]and raising a family.

I think this is becoming a reality. Men world over are having apathy for marriage.

Those who got married are seeking divorce and returning back to bachelorhood. And the Western world and Asia is dealing with low birth rate and a declining population growth.

My take is the it has more to do with Calhoun’s theory or not scarcity of men. And the economic reality et wokeness is not having Issues.

Don’t you think so

The desire to mate has never been lacking, there is more sex around rather I would say an increasing percentage of men would prefer to be fathers without being husbands, this apathy towards marriage is not limited to men as women are increasingly leaning towards that especially in the West and by the next century it will be full blown amongst African women.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:
So your position is that one can pick and choose as long as it’s not the 10 commandments, correct?

And kobojunkie says the 10 commandments is strictly for the nation of Isreal. And anyone who honours it outside the nation of Isreal is doing nonsense. How do you juxtapose these varying position?
I didn't say it as it is instead clearly indicated right there in scripture for all those who have eyes to see, and mind to comprehend.
15 “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16 I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17 But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18 you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.
19 “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20 You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I didn't avoid your question at all. If you are still confused about something, feel free to ask! undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not come to outlaw the Old Law of Moses. (Again, the Old Law is the National Constitution of the Nation of Isreal in the Land of Canaan, and that Nation is meant to exist forever.) He clearly explained that He didn't right there in the context that is Matthew 5 vs 15 - 19. undecided

Boss! You are the one confusing me.

Your points are contradictory.

1. It’s nonsensical to obey the 10 commandments as a non resident of Isreal. So it does not apply to the Christians and forgotten Jews.

2. Old Testament law ( the laws of Moses) does not apply to Christians. They are not Jews and don’t need them.

3. Jesus didn’t outlaw Old Testament.

4. We can choose and pick which portion of the Bible to obey.

Now, I am finding it difficult to understand you as you appear to be approbating and reprobating.
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I didn't say it as it is instead clearly indicated right there in scripture for all those who have eyes to see, and mind to comprehend.

Verse16

What are those God’s laws that must be obeyed for one to live?

Because loving God and obeying His commandments are condition precedent. Right?
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:27pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:

Your points are contradictory....

That is the devil called kobojunkie for you. You are just wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:31pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:

..Those who got married are seeking divorce and returning back to bachelorhood. And the Western world and Asia is dealing with low birth rate and a declining population growth...

Another Curse!
Life and living is not sweet for them hence they move forward and backward and in the end self murder looks better than living in pain and unfullfiment.
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:
1. Boss! You are the one confusing me.

Your points are contradictory.

1. It’s nonsensical to obey the 10 commandments as a non resident of Isreal. So it does not apply to the Christians and forgotten Jews.
2. Old Testament law ( the laws of Moses) does not apply to Christians. They are not Jews and don’t need them.
3. Jesus didn’t outlaw Old Testament.
4. We can choose and pick which portion of the Bible to obey.

Now, I am finding it difficult to understand you as you appear to be approbating and reprobating.
Surely, you understand the meaning and application of the word contradictory, right? And by the way, I never gave you your #4 so why push that gobbledegook on me? undecided

A. Again, the Law of Moses is the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel, given by God to the descendants of Jacob — those with the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins — in the Land of Canaan, and this is according to scripture itself — Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 — and not by K0b0junkie. undecided
B. Those you call Christians are called to be citizens of a different Kingdom/Nation, and as such, they were given by God a New Covenant and Constitution - If you think carefully about it, especially as one who claims to be in the legal field, surely you can see how nonsensical it would be to require Christians, majority of who don't even reside in the land of Canaan, to abide by laws specifically designed by God to serve as a Constitution for the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. Also, since Christians are called to a different Kingdom, one tha is not of this world, clearly, it would also make no sense to require they live by a Law designed for those who are of this here world. Hence, the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom that is not of this world is served by a different Constitution from that which serves the Land of Israel. undecided
C. And again, yes, as Jesus Christ made clear to you, He did not come to outlaw the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan — Matthew 7 vs 15 - 19. undecided
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Another Curse!
Life and living is not sweet for them hence they move forward and backward and in the end self murder looks better than living in pain and unfullfiment.

I am just wondering if Calhoun’s theory is becoming a reality faster than we imagined.

Kids are now born outside marriages and we are presently unable to raise and control this woke generation.

It’s the tipping point I suppose.
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:
1. Verse16. What are those God’s laws that must be obeyed for one to live?
2. Because loving God and obeying His commandments are condition precedents. Right?
1. Huh? According to the records, there are over 613 statutes and commandments listed in the Constitution. Do you expect me to list them all out here for you? You can easily read up on them yourself as the detail of all the Laws are documented in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy for your convenience. undecided
2. To love God is to obey His commandments. Basically, you show your love for Him by obeying His commandments. undecided
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:

I am just wondering if Calhoun’s theory is becoming a reality faster than we imagined.

Kids are now born outside marriages and we are presently unable to raise and control this woke generation.

It’s the tipping point I suppose.

I don't know Calhoun and will not know him and I don't care to know him. But what I do know is that the Bible did say all these things will happen as people become cut off from God like branches cut off from trees.
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Surely, you understand the meaning and application of the word contradictory, right? And by the way, I never gave you your #4 so why push that gobbledegook on me? undecided

A. Again, the Law of Moses is the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel, given by God to the descendants of Jacob — those with the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins — in the Land of Canaan, and this is according to scripture itself — Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 — and not by K0b0junkie. undecided
B. Those you call Christians are called to be citizens of a different Kingdom/Nation, and as such, they were given by God a New Covenant and Constitution - If you think carefully about it, especially as one who claims to be in the legal field, surely you can see how nonsensical it would be to require Christians, majority of who don't even reside in the land of Canaan, to abide by laws specifically designed by God to serve as a Constitution for the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. Also, since Christians are called to a different Kingdom, one tha is not of this world, clearly, it would also make no sense to require they live by a Law designed for those who are of this here world. Hence, the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom that is not of this world is served by a different Constitution from that which serves the Land of Israel. undecided
C. And again, yes, as Jesus Christ made clear to you, He did not come to outlaw the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. undecided

You are not real to yourself.

You are speaking from both sides of the mouth mbok.

If I may ask, what laws are not guiding Christians?

As a young Sunday school student, the first thing we were made to memorize was the 10 commandments. It was our religious constitution.

Now that you are saying it does not apply that we learnt the wrong things, what are these new laws a Christain should live by?

I guess we both agree that Jesus and the Apostles were all Jews?

So are these Jewish laws binding?
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Huh? According to the records, there are over 613 statutes and commandments listed in the Constitution. Do you expect me to list them all out here for you? You can easily read up on them yourself as the detail of all the Laws are documented in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy for your convenience. undecided
2. To love God is to obey His commandments. Basically, you show your love for Him by obeying His commandments. undecided

So which commandments?

The ones that are not applicable to Christians??

You can invite our NL pastors to come educate our ignorance.
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2023
Quote me directly, don't link what I say with that of kobojunkie, remember there are many church doctrines, with their different ways of understanding the scriptures. I and Kobojunkie do not belong to the same Church denomination.
The commandments of God almighty is for every believer to keep and also what every new believer should keep so as to have eternal life....
Mat. 19:16-19. And behold one came and said unto Jesus, what good thing must I do to have eternal life. 17. And Jesus said unto him, if though will enter into eternal life keep the commandments. 18. Thou shall do no murder, thou shall not commit adultery, thou shall not steal, though shall not bear false witness, love thy neighbor as yourself, honor the father/mother........
litigator:

So your position is that one can pick and choose as long as it’s not the 10 commandments, correct?

And kobojunkie says the 10 commandments is strictly for the nation of Isreal. And anyone who honours it outside the nation of Isreal is doing nonsense. How do you juxtapose these varying position?

Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:
1. You are not real good it’s yourself. You are speaking from both sides of the mouth mbok.

2. If I may ask, what laws are not guiding Christians?

3. As a young Sunday school student, the first thing we were made to memorize was the 10 commandments. It was our religious constitution. Now that you are saying it does not apply that we learnt the wrong things,

4. what are these new laws a Christain should live by? I guess we both agree that Jesus and the Apostles were all Jews? So are these Jewish laws binding?
I see I need to help here.

1. Be specific here! What exactly is it that I am speaking from both sides of my mouth here? undecided

2. I have no idea what you mean by "guiding laws". Instead, there is God's Law, Jesus Christ, and then there is the mandate that you obey the teachings and commandments stipulated in the Law. And God's Law is all-or-nothing meaning if you reject even one of the commandments or teachings, you reject the entire Law. undecided

3. God never gave men religion, to begin with. As I initially made clear, what He gave to men is His Law and His mandate from even the time of Adam remains that man trust and obey His Law. Whatever rituals you partook in in your Sunday schools are of religion and have nothing to do with God whose Law, Jesus Christ, and mandate to all His followers has not changed in over 2000 years — His Law is at least that old. undecided

4. The details of the almost 100 commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ are documented in the Gospels — Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John — and you can conveniently read through them at your leisure to learn the law as far as life as a follower of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:
1. So which commandments? The ones that are not applicable to Christians?? You can invite our NL pastors to come educate our ignorance.
1. You are not making any sense to me here. You are told that the entire Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan does not apply to Christians — it only applies in the Nation of Israel and in the land of Canaan. So what exactly are you having a hard time grasping in that statement? undecided
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by IslamIsIdiotic: 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2023
Some of the apostles (like Peter for e.g.) were actually married. We know Peter was a married man because Jesus miraculously healed Peter's mother in law from a deadly illness (Luke 4: 38 to 40)

While it is true that Paul regarded celibacy as the best lifestyle for a Christian, that wasn't because he had anything against the institution of marriage, rather it was because from a pragmatic perspective, Paul was the busiest and the most travelled Apostle. Such a lifestyle of constant travel would have been hard on Paul's family if he had a wife and children.

However we can see that even though Paul preferred celibacy, he still had a great deal of respect for the institution of marriage as a monogamy because whenever he gave counsel to married couples, it was always couched in language which shows that monogamy is God's preferred type of marriage under the New Testament:

1st Corinthians Chapter 7, verses 1 to 5

Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife..

As for Isaiah 4:1, it's really disappointing that a lot of so called Christians want to use this verse as a justification for polygamy without taking it into its full context.

Isaiah 4:1 is not a prophecy of the latter days. Rather it is an account of the end result of God's judgment upon Jerusalem and Judeah for their apostasy and rebellion against God as detailed in the entirety of Isaiah Chapter 3.

The context of Isaiah 4:1 is that after God has used war, famine and other punishments to reduce the population of men of marriageable age as detailed in Isaiah Chapter 3, the women of Judeah began to prefer polygamy over remaining as widows or spinsters in order to avoid the "reproach" of society.

You'll notice that the rest of Isaiah 4 is different from Isaiah 4:1 because the rest of the chapter deals with how Judeah turned away from sin and how God reconciled Himself with His repentant people.

litigator:

The Apostles didn’t marry. Apostle Paul even admonished men not to marry if possible.

And if your submission is anything to adopt, shouldn’t it be that single hood and Bachelorhood is the best?

But then, what’s your take concerning Isaiah’s prophecy in Isaiah 4:1?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Acehart: 5:01pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:

We have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in His laws, which He set before us by His servants the prophets. Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him. (Dan. 9:10-11, NKJV)

The verse above shows that at this point in Israel’s history up till Jesus’ time two laws were in operation- The Law of God and the Law of Moses.

It is the latter of the two Christ abrogates:

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; (Ephesians 2: 15, KJV)

This text above written by Paul, a Hebrew of the Hebrews, who was an orthodox Pharisee devoted to the Law of Moses (Philippians 3:5, ICB) as a doctor of the Mosaic Law, defends the gospel of Christ with a barrage of legal terminologies in his litigation style of presentation in his letter to the Church in Rome; Several of those terminologies have become the bedrock of several aspects of the Christian doctrine: terms like summon (called), justification, witness, grace, adoption, intercession, etc.

We see a deluge of the evidence of his acquaintance with the Law in his epistles: we see words like letter, abolish, debt, decree, condemnation, acquittal, penalty, charge etc. With regards to the scripture text above, Ephesians 2 v.15, the word ‘Abolish’ is used. Abolish, a verb (attached to an object), means to “formally put to an end to (a system, practice, or institution).” Its etymology is from the Old French word, aboliss, from the Latin word, abolere meaning ‘destroy’ (Oxford Dictionary of English: 2010).

The Amplified Bible adopts the use of the word; annul, from the noun, annulment; The Fifth edition of the Oxford Dictionary of Law defines the word annulment as:

1. A declaration by the court that a marriage was never legally valid.
2. The cancellation by a court of a bankruptcy order, which occurs when it considers that the
debtor was wrongly made bankrupt.
3. The setting aside of legislation or other action by the European Court of Justice.

What then is the ‘object’ that was abolished? It is the Law of Commandment contained in The Ordinances. To the new born, the ordinances are also known as the Law of Moses or the Mosaic Law. Apostle Paul also refers to it as “the Letter” (2 Corinthians 3:6) or “the law” several times. This Law is different from the Law of God which is found in Exodus chapter 20.
You may ask, “What is the difference between these Laws”? Firstly, the Law of Moses was written by the hands of Moses (Deut. 3:9, 31, 24); while the Law of God was written by the finger of God Himself (Exodus 31:18). The Law of Moses was temporal and ceremonial in nature: they regulated the Levitical priesthood, sacrifices, rituals, meat offerings and drink offerings, etc. It had in its confines laws that regulated the society; laws of food, of purity, of morality, and instructions on whom to install as a king when Israel demands for one.

The Law of commandments contained in the ordinances, the Mosaic Law, are bound between Deuteronomy 4:48 and Deuteronomy 28:68; we see ordinances concerning prohibited food, divorce, tithes, cities of refuge, leprosy, first fruits, etc. This Law, which was written in a book (Josh. 8:31, 2 Chron. 35:12) was placed outside the holy ark of covenant (Deut. 31:26) and deteriorated with time (Josh. 8:32); in contrast, the Law of God was written on a stone (Exod. 31:18, Exod. 32:16) by God Himself, placed within the ark, under the mercy seat (Exodus 40:20), and it endures forever (Luke 16:17, Psalm 119:160).

Why was the Law of Commandments contained in the Ordinances added to the Law of God?

Galatians 3:19 says, “What then was the purpose of the Law? It was added [later on, after the promise, to disclose and expose to men their guilt] because of transgressions and [to make men more conscious of [the sinfulness] of sin; and it was intended to be in effect until the Seed (the Descendant, the Heir) should come, to and concerning whom the promise had been made. And it [the Law] was arranged and ordained and appointed through the instrumentality of angels [and was given] by the hand (in the person) of a go- between [Moses, an intermediary person between God and man].” (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition)

This text shows that the Law of Commandments contained in the ordinances was supplementary; it was added to the Law of God due to the wickedness of the children of Israel; and its edict was to be in effect till the seed of Abraham was revealed.

From a letter I wrote in 2019
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Acehart: 5:08pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:
Wait ooo!

Most naija women against polygamy are Christians.

Our Muslim sisters have already been prepared for polygamy and since it’s a religious affair, they can’t really complain about it.

But why are our Christain sisters who are all firm believer of the Holy Bible and the prophecies encapsulated therein against polygamy?

I just don’t understand why they hate polygamy when the Bible in Isaiah 4:1 clearly prophesied that seven women will beg to marry one man in the last days. Is this not polygamy?

If the same Prophet foretold the birth of Jesus Christ, who birth was commemorated last week Sunday, and it came to pass, shouldn’t we be celebrating the coming of polygamy or the reinvention of polygamy back in Africa?

Are we not in the last days or is it that naija women just want to pick and choose which portion of the Bible to believe?

Why should we call ourselves Christians and firm believer of the Bible but hate polygamy?

Is this right?

Let’s hear from you.

Happy new year.

When reading the Holy Bible, I’d like to implore to always read the context of any text.

Your text of reference is Isaiah 4:1. It is a continuation of Isaiah 3. It is a continuation of the judgements of the previous chapter. How then will the saints of God partake in the curses of God? Isaiah 3:10 says, “Say to the righteous that it will go well with them, For they will eat the fruit of their actions”. How then will the saints of God in His judgements?
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Aurelius1(m): 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
litigator:

The Apostles didn’t marry. Apostle Paul even admonished men not to marry if possible.
The same bible says " he who finds a wife finds a good thing". Why is Apostle Paul now trying to coerce men not to get married? Is marriage a bad thing? If people don't get married how is man supposed to be fruitful and fill the earth?
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Whonolikeam: 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2023
What of divorce is it a sin,if she no want stay make she leave abi na sin too.
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2023
Whonolikeam:
What of divorce is it a sin,if she no want stay make she leave abi na sin too.
Divorce in and of itself, is not a sin. What is sin is remarrying when the reason for the divorce was not in any way linked to fornication. undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/6858590/marriage-bible
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
Acehart:
We have not obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in His laws, which He set before us by His servants the prophets. Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him. (Dan. 9:10-11, NKJV)

The verse above shows that at this point in Israel’s history up till Jesus’ time two laws were in operation- The Law of God and the Law of Moses.
Asserting that the people transgressed one Law and were punished under another Law makes no sense at all abeg! e no work at all. If, for instance, I murder someone transgressing the commandment which says "Thou shalt not commit murder", then surely my punishment whatever punishment I am to be meted with should be as stipulated in the very same Law to which that commandment belongs. undecided
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Acehart: 10:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Asserting that the people transgressed one Law and were punished under another Law makes no sense at all abeg! e no work at all. If, for instance, I murder someone transgressing the commandment which says "Thou shalt not commit murder", then surely my punishment whatever punishment I am to be meted with should be as stipulated in the very same Law to which that commandment belongs. undecided

Thanks sir. Happy New year
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Jan 01, 2023
Acehart:
Thanks sir. Happy New year
Happy New Year to you too! grin
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Saintmary(f): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2023
litigator:

I do agree with you to an extent. But then we have the Calhoun’s rodent utopia experiment which sorta suggest that this will have nothing to do with the scarcity of men. But have more to do the lack of desire for mating and raising a family.

I think this is becoming a reality. Men world over are having apathy for marriage.

Those who got married are seeking divorce and returning back to bachelorhood. And the Western world and Asia is dealing with low birth rate and a declining population growth.

My take is the it has more to do with Calhoun’s theory or not scarcity of men. And the economic reality et wokeness is not having Issues.

Don’t you think so

That your theory no reach my side o

Because my husband has lots of friends and they all married in the space of 4 months.

I'm talking about nearly 15 guys.

So, if you're apathetic towards marriage, just speak for yourself.

This lovely afternoon is too good for vawulence
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
Saintmary:

That your theory no reach my side o

Because my husband has lots of friends and they all married in the space of 4 months.

I'm talking about nearly 15 guys.

So, if you're apathetic towards marriage, just speak for yourself.

This lovely afternoon is too good for vawulence

grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Lamanii22(f): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2023
I can’t even share my husband with another woman plus I don’t want my children to deal with one step mother’s wahala… polygamy is filled with hatred, envy, murder especially spiritual murder….
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kapeter(m): 4:26am On Jan 03, 2023
litigator:

So the prophecy about the birth of christ should only be confined to the Jews and the nation of Isreal, right?

So why are you a Christain?

Are you saying the prophecies and prayers in Isaiah 43 and 63 does not also apply to Christians?
Prophecies and commandments are two different things ok. And mind you the prophecy about two or more women holding on to one man is actually a prophecy of doom,It's just like one of the prophecy about the destruction of Israel and that of Babylon. Like a kind of prophecy saying when you humans continue in your sin and blah blah, it would get worse that two or more women would hold on to one man in the future. It has nothing to do with God directives and commandments of how His people should live. Christianity forbids polygamy actually. Jesus clearly stated it that a man and woman legally married have no right to divorce or even marry another except in the death of one of the partner, He said God told Moses to allow the Jews to get divorce in a court because they were stone hearted and wicked so as to avoid them killing each other but that was never Gods original plan for marriage. So Jesus made it clear. Adultery isn't just when you sleep with another partner while married but complex to some extent which includes making out with another partner while the one you are legally married to is still alive and well. So Christianity forbids Polygamy. And also the issue of Paul you raised up there, you should know that most apostles mostly advices new converts back in those days and only enact few laws to guard and protect the growth of the church only. Christian commandments were from God and God only even though He kept changing them and adding to them from time to time using different prophets and then finally Jesus. Even Jesus came majorly to preach about these commandments. So for a true christian man, polygamy isn't of God.
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Jan 03, 2023
Kapeter:
1. Christianity forbids polygamy actually. Jesus clearly stated it that a man and woman legally married have no right to divorce or even marry another except in the death of one of the partner, He said God told Moses to allow the Jews to get divorce in a court because they were stone hearted and wicked so as to avoid them killing each other but that was never Gods original plan for marriage. So Jesus made it clear.

2. Adultery isn't just when you sleep with another partner while married but complex to some extent which includes making out with another partner while the one you are legally married to is still alive and well. So Christianity forbids Polygamy.

3. And also the issue of Paul you raised up there, you should know that most apostles mostly advices new converts back in those days and only enact few laws to guard and protect the growth of the church only. Christian commandments were from God and God only even though He kept changing them and adding to them from time to time using different prophets and then finally Jesus. Even Jesus came majorly to preach about these commandments. So for a true christian man, polygamy isn't of God.
1. That is not true at all! Jesus Christ did not change any of that which God had originally decreed regarding marriage. God's original plan had been for a perfect union in the beginning but after man fell, God, Himself cursed marriage allowing for divorce. So, Jesus Christ by not redacting any of God's previous laws changed nothing regarding marriage or the need for divorce. What He did however alter was the definition of adultery, by which He restricted remarriage. undecided

2. Again, Jesus Christ did not forbid polygamy nor polyandry for that matter which is both allowed under the original law.

3. The statement in bold is very wrong as it accuses Jesus Christ who instead said God's Law is everlasting — No man has permission to add, change or remove from it — in His Gospel. And since Jesus Christ is God's Law in the Kingdom of God, what you have done here is insist that Jesus Christ is not who He says He is. undecided
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kapeter(m): 5:35am On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. That is not true at all! Jesus Christ did not change any of that which God had originally decreed regarding marriage. God's original plan had been for a perfect union in the beginning but after man fell, God, Himself cursed marriage allowing for divorce. So, Jesus Christ by not redacting any of God's previous laws changed nothing regarding marriage or the need for divorce. What He did however alter was the definition of adultery, by which He restricted remarriage. undecided

2. Again, Jesus Christ did not forbid polygamy nor polyandry for that matter which is both allowed under the original law.

3. The statement in bold is very wrong as it accuses Jesus Christ who instead said God's Law is everlasting — No man has permission to add, change or remove from it — in His Gospel. And since Jesus Christ is God's Law in the Kingdom of God, what you have done here is insist that Jesus Christ is not who He says He is. undecided
First of you got the bolded text wrong I'd suggest you go through that again cuz I only said God kept changing His commandments and never said Jesus and secondly what you just said is same as what I was saying as I never said Jesus forbid but Christianity forbids ok. Jesus came to explain in context the commandments and He did explained how both divorce and polygamy was never Gods plan but only allowed the Jews to because they were stone hearted so He never made the rules but explained that part of the rules which clearly translates as polygamy is forbidden.
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kobojunkie: 5:46am On Jan 03, 2023
Kapeter:
■First of you got the bolded text wrong I'd suggest you go through that again cuz I only said God kept changing His commandments and never said Jesus and

■secondly what you just said is same as what I was saying as I never said Jesus forbid but Christianity forbids ok.
■ Jesus came to explain in context the commandments and He did explained how both divorce and polygamy was never Gods plan but only allowed the Jews to because they were stone-hearted so He never made the rules but explained that part of the rules which clearly translates as polygamy is forbidden.
■ God never changed any of His Laws. His Law of Moses, YHWH, that is the National Constitution to the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan remains intact to this day in the Land of Israel. The people may no longer follow it but it is an everlasting Covenant and will remain even after Heaven and Earth pass away. undecided
Jesus Christ, God's Law in the Kingdom of God, is also an everlasting Covenant that God has made with all those of His sheep— Israel— who will choose to believe in Jesus Christ. So, no man has the authority that change, add, or remove from the Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
■ So, you are insisting that Christianity as a religion is removed from God then? undecided
■ Jesus came to give to men a New Law, the agreement of peace promised by God to the House of Israel - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 & Matthew 11 vs 28 -30 & Matthew 26 vs 26 - 30. His explanation to the Pharisees was to help them see that divorce was never part of God's original plan for marriage, a plan which expired when God cursed marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16. Jesus Christ did not revoke that curse, nor did He reverse the stone-hearts of men meaning that God's curse is still very much active so also is divorce. undecided
Re: Why Do Christain Women Hate Polygamy If The Bible Foretold It? by Kapeter(m): 6:05am On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
■ God never changed any of His Laws. His Law of Moses, YHWH, that is the National Constitution to the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan remains intact to this day in the Land of Israel. The people may no longer follow it but it is an everlasting Covenant and will remain even after Heaven and Earth pass away. undecided
Jesus Christ, God's Law in the Kingdom of God, is also an everlasting Covenant that God has made with all those of His sheep— Israel— who will choose to believe in Jesus Christ. So, no man has the authority that change, add, or remove from the Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
■ So, you are insisting that Christianity as a religion is removed from God then? undecided
■ Jesus came to give to men a New Law, the agreement of peace promised by God to the House of Israel - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34 & Matthew 11 vs 28 -30 & Matthew 26 vs 26 - 30. His explanation to the Pharisees was to help them see that divorce was never part of God's original plan for marriage, a plan which expired when God cursed marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16. Jesus Christ did not revoke that curse, nor did He reverse the stone-hearts of men meaning that God's curse is still very much active so also is divorce. undecided
Well I have no much idea about God curse that you insist on and yes, God did modified His laws every now and then for the Jews. I think Moses story will help you with that, so many modifications every now and then about how the Jews should live and how they shouldn't. Whatever you mean by saying Christianity is removed from God when you clearly stated again that Jesus brought a new law to men.

Well all the same all I was saying abinitio is that both divorce and polygamy was never Gods plan for marriage. Ire o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Names In Alphabetical Order / How Does One Cope After A Miscarriage? / Which Do You Want God To Give You As Your First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.