Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm (10564 Views)

See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart / 18 Yrs Old Boy, Bleep 82 Yrs Old Woman For 11pm To 3am. What He Did Next Will Sh / His Numbers Are Not Saved On Her Phone After 5 Yrs Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by gtrust: 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2011
Any body above 18 years can make or receive phone calls
anytime from anybody!
If you have a problem with this; go for therapy!
Respect, please.
Respect your husband, wife, children, staff etc, I beg oh!

This is year 2011
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2011
Toba! is it DECENT for a GUY to ANSWER his phone after 11 PM? grin grin grin grin Mind you, i'm NOT talking about you or your babe! grin grin
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Wislet(f): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2011
sexkillz:

A woman NEVER comes under a man's law UNLESS they are MARRIED! It's WRONG for a guy to dictate to a girl he is YET to marry! What if she is tired of you and the boring relationship? She should not look for greener pastures? Even if it entails night calls? Because of who? You?
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Cuddlemii: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2011
Now I see why there are many broken relationships & marriages. Whats the big deal about receiving a call after 11pm from a guy or whoever. Ladies that stay up late on Nland & chat or argue with men, does that mean they are indecent? To me it is even better your babe is occupied during something visible & audible than fuc-king another man before 11pm secretly or involving herself in illicit acts that you are not aware of. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

Nigerians have ill thinking, that is why they use their bizarre mindset to scare teenagers into drugs and all sort because of too many rules that you don't even know which one to abide by so you either revolt or rebel. Church would set unrealistic rules because it needs offering from people, School too would do theirs, Parents would make laws based on their own mistakes, Office too would have rules, then you would get home after a stressful rule abiding day only for your bf to instruct you on how to receive calls because he is decent. Hypocritical beings.  Its not even as if all these rules have changed the world positively as we still have high level of promiscuity, indecency & decadence. Deception & lies is the motto for Nigerians. We and our self righteousness.

So many things need our attention & help but we bother about rubbish a lot and carry people's headache on our heads. If some people had the opportunity of creating their spouse like pizza, I wonder the kind of toppings they would put together: "good, introvert, no calls after 6pm, no internet, no hair making just thread making, no confrontation, keep mute, etc". Everyone wants a robot, but we all forget that robots malfunction too and start destroying its owners, watch Sci-fi movies for confirmation.

The right word is this. A decent girl should do things wisely & with moderation. Too much of everything is not good simple. Any intelligent lady can relate with that & have sober reflection. Its just like saying decent guys should not hang out with the boys after 5pm, is the guy not a grown up? What makes a deceitful cleric better than him?
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2011
for any of the conditions i highlighted in my posts on page 2
sexkillz:

Toba! is it DECENT for a GUY to ANSWER his phone after 11 PM? grin grin grin grin Mind you, i'm NOT talking about you or your babe! grin grin
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Omolola1(f): 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2011
There is no big deal in it, really
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by MMM2(m): 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2011
midnite call angry
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2011
im out. may be back later
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Wislet(f): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2011
I understand toba. It is not somethin that should be done ALWAYS anyways. Just few, if u must. But where i disagree with him is in enforcing it on a girlfriend. She isn't yours yet, and so u cant (have no right to) lord anything over her. You can tell her ur likes and dislikes, it's left for her to adjust AFTER u MARRY her. THEN she is under you. As a girlfriend, it's still her choice to continue/not. If she stops out of love-fine. If not, it's her choice. U hav to respect it.
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2011
toba:

for any of the conditions i highlighted in my posts on page 2
I needed a YES or NO answer and not what you personally do with your time!
Cuddlemii:

[size=13pt]Ladies that stay up late on Nland & chat or argue with men, does that mean they are indecent? To me it is even better your babe is occupied during something visible & audible than fuc-king another man before 11pm secretly or involving herself in illicit acts that you are not aware of. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.[/size]
Pls tell them this is 2011, next year is 2012! We are progressing and NOT regressing! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Exponental(m): 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2011
OMG, wat a questn. The time u call, receive, chat or giost depends on hw ur schedule is. There is absolutely nothing wrong in a married woman making a midnite call provided she isnt disturbing or hurting someone.
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by ifyalways(f): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2011
Na ghosts dey call babes after 11pm ?

Is it decent for a full grown man to call a lady after 11pm,is that not a clear pointer of joblessness esp. when the call is for meaningless balderdash
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2011
What is wrong with it? Everyone has the right to make calls whenever he or she pleases. Personally, i dont, but someone else might.
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by hadg33(m): 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2011
[color=#770077][/color]

there is nowt wrong with it
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 03, 2011
gtrust:

Any body above 18 years can make or receive phone calls
anytime from anybody!
If you have a problem with this; go for therapy!
Respect, please.
Respect your husband, wife, children, staff etc, I beg oh!

This is year 2011
I totally agree. If it makes you that angry, go and hug a transformer.
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2011
May I ask a realistic question and please forgive my asking, but think will you be giving the same answer in 25 to 30years from now?(married,with kids,jobs or business and other commitments)
well some people may disagree with me but you have 12daylight hours to do anything,anyhow.
your hormone melatonin levels increase at night for specific reasons,so if its not urgent why disturb anyone's sleep (it's not like you are in shanghai and you had a bad dream about the person in paris and you urgently want to discuss it) trust me friendship at times is overrated.
If you have seen Mel Gibson's 'What women want' thats a nice drama,but really if you know what people or bestfriends think of you(and nobody holy pass rat o!) and how nature works,consider what could be happening at their ends, then you may want to place that call at a saner time.
Ok,if a girl calls a guy at say 11 just to acknowledge she got his message(this guy is on her neck asking her out and the girl is in a serious relationship) what signal do you think his brain will be receiving? even if she says she's not interested
oro yii delicate gan o,ki e ro daa daa
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Cuddlemii: 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2011
ifyalways:

Na ghosts dey call babes after 11pm ?

Is it decent for a full grown man to call a lady after 11pm,is that not a clear pointer of joblessness esp. when the call is for meaningless balderdash

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2011
lari03:

May I ask a realistic question and please forgive my asking, but think will you be giving the same answer in 25 to 30years from now?(married,with kids,jobs or business and other commitments)
well some people may disagree with me but you have 12daylight hours to do anything,anyhow.
your hormone melatonin levels increase at night for specific reasons,so if its not urgent why disturb anyone's sleep (it's not like you are in shanghai and you had a bad dream about the person in paris and you urgently want to discuss it) trust me friendship at times is overrated.
If you have seen Mel Gibson's 'What women want' thats a nice drama,but really if you know what people or bestfriends think of you(and nobody holy pass rat o!) and how nature works,consider what could be happening at their ends, then you may want to place that call at a saner time.
Ok,if a girl calls a guy at say 11 just to acknowledge she got his message(this guy is on her neck asking her out and the girl is in a serious relationship) what signal do you think his brain will be receiving? even if she says she's not interested
So a LADY should IGNORE her PHONE ringing by 11PM so that she would be said to be DECENT? Mind you in 25 years time she should be MARRIED and she should be GUIDED by the LAW of her HUSBAND! So that example doesnt CUT IT!
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2011
its not just about ignoring,everyone's got to have principles.
My friends pop is a badt guy in his seventies with mad money and several wives but he does not let the phone rule him,despite his eye for young flesh.
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2011
^^^^ I know and agree that everyone should have principles! But SHOULD YOU JUDGE OTHERS by your OWN STANDARDS of what you think is the RIGHT way of LIFE? Your friends dad! How OLD is he again? 70? That should explain why he doesnt pick his calls! And i thought this was about the ladies? why bring a GRANDFATHER into this?
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Cuddlemii: 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2011
lari03:

I witnessed a married woman talking to a guy romantically & telling him her hubby's schedule. This was done during the day. Can you imagine the rubbish that married woman was saying in front of all of us at the reception. I almost did sign to her to tone it down but the gist was too sweet. That is as a result of living a false life with a false man under a false marriage. That one might take a deadly disease home & no one would suspect because she is a decent wife that does not receive calls.

Some wives live their phone in the drawer at work and claim to be phone less only to come to work the next day with the same dress worn the previous day looking sweaty & their hair standing. Deception plenty for naija sha, women sef don dey sharp pass men. Things are happening, but I dey always decode. Na by 11pm calls, leave matter. Vigil or prayer meeting no dey, office conference nko. Abegi
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Princek12(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2011
this thread is so stupid I don't know where to start.
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by ogrin(m): 2:26pm On Sep 03, 2011
abeg o for our Nigeria, xtracool starts from 12.30, i bet all sexes are always looking forward to that time grin.
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Somagirl(f): 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2011
This is a very stupid question!
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by tpia5: 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2011
Not everything is necessary.

The fact that you have a phone doesnt mean you should be receiving meaningless calls at odd hours.

You do not need a boyfriend to tell you this.

Your common sense is supposed to guide you in such matters.
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2011
People will always do what they feel is right.then everyone's judgment is by personal assessment,but interpretation of right or wrong is in the mind of the observer
@cuddlemii the issue you raised is quite right(you too sabi matta) my conclusion is I don't entertain calls at certain times,for personal and security reasons, it differs for every1,state of mind is the key sha.
@sexkills,bros you are right but I can't shout o,grandads play more than me right now,my game is straight and righteous and that's my company and orientation.
No more dome,excellensior or Nectars for me, so if anyone is on my lane,either man or woman,they must consider their action before making moves. The bible states that even poking into your neighbours' shouldn't be everytime,cos he will grow weary of your face.
That's my view. That's my view.
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2011
You know come to think of it,exposure to life is what determines your response.so its what you know as usual that becomes your normal. Maybe people who have difficulty sleeping should comment on this!
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by jovoodoo(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2011
Man, the kind of crap dat makes nairaland's frontpage these days angry angry angry

What d bleep does making a call after 11pm have to do wt anything?

Abi person no fit make or recieve international calls again??

An indecent lady is an indecent lady whether she's on the phone past midnight or not,

just like a ho is a ho whether she wear long skirt or not!!!!!
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2011
What is indecent about a phone call? If you are Married and you don't like it tell your partner and reach a compromise. How some topics become issues sef!
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by JUO(m): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2011
no
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by ajirebi20: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2011
Only slu/-ts receive calls after 11 PM
Re: Is It Decent For A Lady To Answer Her Phone After 11pm by freecocoa(f): 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2011
Some kind peole and question sef na wa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

you all should stop crushing on someone on nairaland, is getting annoying / If Your Girlfriend Or Wife Is As Fine As This, You Should Thank God Everyday / Counter Thread - Full Kissable Lips (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.