Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? (22039 Views)

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Farming | Which Is More Profitable? / Oil Pam Vs Cashew Farming Comparison / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Realmi: 8:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
Oil... but the stress no be ur mate oo grin
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by bhella10: 8:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
Agbalagbi2013:

Thanks.
I wish I could do that but the land is too small for the 3 crops. I hope to be able to do at least 2 crops once I am able to acquire more land.
Theobroma cacao for me any day.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by izubext007: 8:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
None
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by sircatherine45(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2023
nurey:
I would have adviced you plant Rubber (havea brasiliensis) but the land size though may be too small and you may not be patient enough [7years] to reap the fruit. But out of your choice, only oil palm would survive fire outbreak the rest you would have to start again.

Though for processing cashew is the easiest, just dry and sell or sell when fresh sef.

You can dry cocoa too but you can't process into high grade raw material for better profit, you need to look for processing factories for this.

Oil palm can be sold as banga or you can setup your own small processing factory guaranteed that you can get supply from other local farmers within your vicinity to not make your machines redundant when you dont have raw material.

The nuts can be processed as a snack, well packaged and sold. I think cashew is the best.

But does the OP have patience?
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by TTGIL: 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2023

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by gabbytabby: 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2023
Explore your marketing options there in lies your decision. If you have a ready market close by then there is your money.

I see some suggestions like banga etc how does one package this, high grade steel if you do not want to poison people not a small outlay.

In what form can you sell it.

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Agbemiga27(m): 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
Agbalagbi2013:
Happy new year my dear Nairalanders. I recently acquired 2 hecters of land which I originally planned to use for cocoa (TC series) plantation. But the land agent adviced I plant cashew instead while a friend said it's more profitable if I plant oil palm (Supergene)

As we speak, I have not concluded on which of the 3 crop to cultivate for a small holder plantation of just 2 hecters.

Hence I decided to bring it here to seek your opinions. Your advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation for your responses.
you can plant cocoa and oil palm on the same land na. Don't forget to put plantain because that's where you start making money

3 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by ogaontop(m): 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
Here to learn something new....

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by omonnakoda: 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
Cannabis is best

3 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Shikini: 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
Cocoa
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Uniquekriss(m): 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
Some years back, 20-25 years back, Cocoa was it, buh now, oil palm � is advisable. Buh you have to wait for a minimum 3years before you start harvesting, leave cashew out of it if you really mean business
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by TTGIL: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2023

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by heybeebugatty(m): 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
Cocoa business is more lucrative but that your land size will not be enough for the production.
I will advise you do mix crops production (Cashew n palm trees).
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Alcatel17: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
nurey:

No .market for rubber grin who tell you that, there are buyers in Delta, Edo state, Ondo and Ogun state, rubber is so profitable that they even steal it.

Rubber is known as smelling money and has a long life span in its raw form

2hectares would get you about 1400 stands of trees with a good clone you are looking at around minimum 200kg per week at local price of very low #300per kg and high #500 per kg.

Note if you stimulate, you can get 200 to 300% yield per week.

Bro abeg I love dz rubber biz...can dz rubber be.imported into naija too abi dem ban d importation?...

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by TTGIL: 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by bentenny(m): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
Agbalagbi2013:
Happy new year my dear Nairalanders. I recently acquired 2 hecters of land which I originally planned to use for cocoa (TC series) plantation. But the land agent adviced I plant cashew instead while a friend said it's more profitable if I plant oil palm (Supergene)

As we speak, I have not concluded on which of the 3 crop to cultivate for a small holder plantation of just 2 hecters.

Hence I decided to bring it here to seek your opinions. Your advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation for your responses.
Palm oil is easier and profitable because it has been processed!
Cocoa if processed can equally be as profitable as palm oil!
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by purpinkx(m): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
JoeNL22:
Do cocoa.
You can export it to other countries.
American people love coffee.
Omowale Omoluabi Obi said and I quote "You can do all three, provided you learn crop spacing and you hire a professional to help you out".

Coffee and Cocoa are not related

2 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by kenny714433(m): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
Great topic.
In my part of Nigeria, we do mainly Oil palm. Cocoa and Cashew are foreign so I don't have much knowledge.

You see oil palm, you just need like 7-8 years patience for the tree to start making fruit. Then you will cash out monthly till you die.
You don't sell only the oil, the kernel is another big source of money.

Anyone that can get land for up to 500 stands, forget it, you'll not lack money again after 7 years.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by marlow1962(m): 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
My dad is now a full time farmer (he’s retired now), u see dis palm oil business eh, no fvk wit am ( that shii can make u a millionaire).

My dad is not benefiting full time from it as he only supplies to company that mills out the oil, he feels okay wit it but I don’t want it to be dat way. He’s birthday is coming up soon and I want to get him that machine dy use in milking out the oil and getting him a Branding machine so he can sell to ppl (full time shi).

That palm oil business na steady block o

17 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by ytdivine(m): 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
Cashew, get the right specie. Palm oil also good if well managed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_OCqQ94Oeo
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by ntipro: 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
Love this thread. Nigerian youths have brain.

It's just that our leaders are too useless.

No matter the tribe you are, please vote Peter Obi. He is the only one that has been able to talk about moving us from consumption to production.

Peter Obi is good for the youths.i
If em Bleep up, we remove am sharperly.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by BannarBannar: 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
Which state are from, plantation is state sensitive
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by nurey(m): 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
Alcatel17:

Bro abeg I love dz rubber biz...can dz rubber be.imported into naija too abi dem ban d importation?...

I don't think it's in the exclusive list but importing into the country is expensive rather try and export it. Besides no developed country would sell you unprocessed rubber grin
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Abiajiga(m): 9:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
Agbalagbi2013:

evenin, i dnt knw abt cocoa, bt palm oil is sorted after very much localy, bt d price fluctuate 2 much n can drop drasticaly. Cashew on d oda hand, is an exportable product plus its market value is always rising, and it is a long term investment and can help u purchase more hecters which u can use in planting more n even expand to palm trees. Thank you. (am stil looking to be employed in case anyone has an opening)

3 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Wickedfacts: 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
sircatherine45:
The three crops you mentioned are perennial crops. Why don't you use the land to plant ephemeral and annual crops like vegetables, yam, cassava, pepper and other food crops?

Consider quick profitability, cost of before/during/after planting, and soil/fertilizer requirements before you go ahead.

They are talking about oil palm and cocoa, you're talking about pepper. You get sense so?

How many pepper farmers do you see riding Benz?
Cocoa farmers have been riding Benz before you were born.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Wickedfacts: 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
ntipro:
Love this thread. Nigerian youths have brain.

It's just that our leaders are too useless.

No matter the tribe you are, please vote Peter Obi. He is the only one that has been able to talk about moving us from consumption to production.

Peter Obi is good for the youths.i
If em Bleep up, we remove am sharperly.

Tell us 1 thing Peter Obi produces in all his businesses.
Someone who boycotted our local farmers and imports tomato ketchup is telling you he wants to move you to production and you stupidly believe

Politics no mean say make una no dey use una brain.

8 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by RECHMOND: 9:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
My good advice for you is to invest in Cocoa. No crop compete with cocoa in terms of return on investment. The labour input is low and the return is high. There is ever ready market for Cocoa, be it raw or dried it's a hot cake in every part of the world. Cocoa produces two times in a year, that's the major harvest and the is always cocoa pods in ur farm, called picking. Cocoa farmers never lack money. You will never lack buyers for Cocoa. Once planted it lives for more than 50 years. Am from CRS. You need to see the money Young boys are making from their farms building mantions here and there.. if you have the money go for Cocoa and you will ever be greatful you did. Plants plantains too in the farm and make cool money from it too. A properly maintained cocoa farm starts to yield from 3 years. You don't need processing for it. You just harvest and dry, put them in sacks and call your buyer that's it, and you get your millions. I call COCOA the GREEN GOLD. Lots of people don't know it is. If you have blocks of cocoa farms even the president of a country can not compete with you financially. Just start first. Don't say no one told you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by sircatherine45(m): 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
Wickedfacts:

They are talking about oil palm and cocoa, you're talking about pepper. You get sense so?

How many pepper farmers do you see riding Benz?
Cocoa farmers have been riding Benz before you were born.

That's why f001s like you resort to insults to make a claim. And who told you pepper farmers can't make it? Ignorant mofo!

2 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Wickedfacts: 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
sircatherine45:

That's why f001s like you resort to insults to make a claim. And who told you pepper farmers can't make it? Ignorant mofo!

Your only thread is on looking for prostitutes in Owerri. Can you see that your life is worthless.
You're a failure in life and you want others to fail like you.
They want to plant cash crops for export, you're talking of pepper and tomato. Poverty has wrecked your reasoning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by sircatherine45(m): 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Your only thread is on looking for prostitutes in Owerri. Can you see that your life is worthless.
You're a failure in life and you want others to fail like you.
They want to plant cash crops for export, you're talking of pepper and tomato. Poverty has wrecked your reasoning.

You are very stupid. Watch your mouth, jobless bastard!

This is my last response to you. Continue getting stupid. Unam ikot!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria / Quail Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.