Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? (22108 Views)

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Farming | Which Is More Profitable? / Oil Pam Vs Cashew Farming Comparison / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by yinkeys(m): 5:55am On Jan 07, 2023
godofuck231:
then you dull if you don't know that producing finished products for fellow third world countries give a raise to agriculture and export of finished products , look at blue band magarine and lux soap being sort after in West African countries , u no know Jack shiit
You are just writing like an idiot
You think West Africans don’t have palm tree
Why haven’t you done any of that
You just choose to talk without walking the walk
This is what kids do
Empty vessel
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Nigerfine3: 6:07am On Jan 07, 2023
oduncojamaica:

Do you have palm plantation?.
All your calculations, na for book.

Check Nifor, that’s their advice. My is on pipe
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by LegitWebsites: 6:56am On Jan 07, 2023
Lesgupnigeria:

I am a farmer
We have cashew, cocoa and oilpalm plantations and I believe I am in the best position to advice him based on whats experienced on the field as per the 3 crops

If you don't know LesgupNigeria, You don't know anybody.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by LegitWebsites: 7:01am On Jan 07, 2023
Majesty33:
Why not add pawpaw to the list for quick income and within 6-7 months, u are already harvesting and selling to fruit juice factories. U ACN just create a space out of the five hectares to plant these pawpaw and u start making profit while u wait for your cashew and palm fruit.

Liked, Shared and Followed

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by LegitWebsites: 7:03am On Jan 07, 2023
Lesgupnigeria:
If you are looking to make good money,go for oilpalm
Out of the 3 crops;cocoa, cashew and oilpalm
Oilpalm has the highest value added index
You can process palm fruits into palm oil,palm kernel oil,sell the palm kernel shaft,make broom,etc
Its more capital intensive to process cashew,and cocoa to their respective other value added products.
You either sell raw cashew or the raw cocoa with no value added to it to make money.

2 hectare of raw cashew nuts will give you 1 ton at first commercial harvesting which is about 300k -400k
2 hectare of cocoa will give you about 800kg which is about N450k
2 hectare of oilpalm will give 10 tonnes of processed palm oil at let's say N800 per kg
10 tons is 10,000kg
Which is about N8m
So 2 ha of oilpalm farm will give you N8m
Now compare 8m to 400k and 450k cashew and cocoa will give you
Go for oilpalm!!!

Liked, Shared and Followed.

The King of Agriculture on Nairaland has Written...!!!
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by godofuck231: 8:18am On Jan 07, 2023
yinkeys:

You are just writing like an idiot
You think West Africans don’t have palm tree
Why haven’t you done any of that
You just choose to talk without walking the walk
This is what children do
Empty vessel
God punish your empty life ,slowpoke
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by phemmyfour: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2023
Agbalagbi2013:
Happy new year my dear Nairalanders. I recently acquired 2 hecters of land which I originally planned to use for cocoa (TC series) plantation. But the land agent adviced I plant cashew instead while a friend said it's more profitable if I plant oil palm (Supergene)

As we speak, I have not concluded on which of the 3 crop to cultivate for a small holder plantation of just 2 hecters.

Hence I decided to bring it here to seek your opinions. Your advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation for your responses.
Anything oil all the way
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:30am On Jan 07, 2023
LegitWebsites:

Liked, Shared and Followed.

The King of Agriculture on Nairaland has Written...!!!
Thanks
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Obascoetubi: 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2023
ORAFA:

Why do all the profiles have the same signature, YIM, Twitter, etc?
Baba my nairaland username is obascoetubi check if u see me in ur screenshot abive, what else i go DM u for? i stayed in abocho so, what else i wana kniw about palm oil or cashew from u?
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by staga: 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
[quote author=Nigerfine3 post=119787463][/quote]

they are all thriving. Not a single issue.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by billyG(m): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
Nigerfine3:

My bad, 1 palm yields about 30 liters for early years, 100 gives you 3 million Naira. 6 years and above yield increase almost 100 percent.
U 1st wrote one palm gives #3m/year....how many times does a tree produces in a year?if your calculations are right why are many people not into palm plantations & processing?
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Nigerfine3: 12:45am On Jan 09, 2023
billyG:

U 1st wrote one palm gives #3m/year....how many times does a tree produces in a year?if your calculations are right why are many people not into palm plantations & processing?
Does it mean you do not understand the one you quoted ; it means I made mistake. I have corrected it and you still one to dwell on the mistake. My figures are advise from Nifor, go talk with them
Thanks
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Babakolanut(m): 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
Pls which of the crops do you pick and what is the progress report now? Update me on whatsapp +2349034612092 for possible partnership
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by benzion72(m): 8:32am On Apr 11, 2023
I am into the three mentioned I started with Cocoa but climate change is not allowing cocoa to thrive you plant raining season they dry off in the dry season. You plant Palm trees cane rat may cut half of the plantation. The easiest is Cashew
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by kripen(m): 8:46am On Apr 11, 2023
meobizy:
Do all three since you can’t make up your mind. They are all profitable. Oil palm will take the longest time since I saw in a documentary that it takes twenty years before the plants produce seeds.

I once schooled outside the country with the daughter of a cocoa magnate from Yoruba land. Guy, governor daughter no spend reach this girl. I can not imagine how industrial the scale of their operation was. It was exported out of the country so her old man was obviously paid in foreign income.

Palm tree can never and will never reach 20 years before it produce seedlings who tell you this my brother. There are some palm tree type that can start producing by 5 years and has a lifespan of even 50 years
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by kripen(m): 9:16am On Apr 11, 2023
Abojupupa:

How can one get seedlings from NIFOR? I'm interested in oil palm plantation.

If you are interested come to Edo state and meet with their staffs, it is just a thrown stone from my area.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by dellaziz(m): 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2023
oduncojamaica:

My little note, all have spoken well.
Palm plantation
From my experience, cos am into palm plantation in Odogbolu, Ogun State.
2 hactares is not enough to breakthrough in palm plantation cos you will only have 300 stands minimum you will enjoy is 4 hactares 600 stand I can guarantee you of breakthrough and your retirement plan.
U can plant plantain together this will help you to sustain the farm Expenses for 2 years b4 harvesting your palm.
Things to consider
1. Land location- your farm location is very important there are some land that will not good for palm eg part of Ogun ( Imeko/Ayetoro axis and Oyo State( Ogbomoso). Ilorin axis, all this land are good for Cashew.
Rubber,Cocoa and palm can be planted in Ogun(Ijebu axis to Ondo, Edo

2. Fund availability- b4 you can break even you have to ready to finance the farm maintenance, u can reduce the expenses by planting mix crop.
Cocoa 3yrs
Palm 3yrs
Rubber 7yrs

Good day

Do you have palm kernel nuts?
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by meobizy(f): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
kripen:

Palm tree can never and will never reach 20 years before it produce seedlings who tell you this my brother. There are some palm tree type that can start producing by 5 years and has a lifespan of even 50 years
Good to know.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by demanuel(m): 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2023
Does anyone need a feasibility study, business plan, or financial projection?

You can reach out to me.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by psalmg(m): 8:07pm On May 01, 2023
[quote author=Lesgupnigeria post=119749039]If you are looking to make good money,go for oilpalm
Out of the 3 crops;cocoa, cashew and oilpalm
Oilpalm has the highest value added index
You can process palm fruits into palm oil,palm kernel oil,sell the palm kernel shaft,make broom,etc
Its more capital intensive to process cashew,and cocoa to their respective other value added products.
You either sell raw cashew or the raw cocoa with no value added to it to make money.

2 hectare of raw cashew nuts will give you 1 ton at first commercial harvesting which is about 300k -400k
2 hectare of cocoa will give you about 800kg which is about N450k
2 hectare of oilpalm will give 10 tonnes of processed palm oil at let's say N800 per kg
10 tons is 10,000kg
Which is about N8m
So 2 ha of oilpalm farm will give you N8m
Now compare 8m to 400k and 450k cashew and cocoa will give you
Go for oilpalm!!!

Please like how many trees can be planted on a 5 hectares?
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:55am On May 02, 2023
[quote author=psalmg post=122870469][/quote]
Tree of oilpalm or tree of cocoa or cashew?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Quail Farming In Nigeria / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria / All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.