Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? (22115 Views)

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Farming | Which Is More Profitable? / Oil Pam Vs Cashew Farming Comparison / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by ObiaboAdoka(m): 9:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
Cashew is more profitable nd easy to maintain period.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Sampacvelli(m): 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
Go for oil palm, intercrop it with castor oil seeds, sunflower oil seeds or any leguminous crop

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by DEMARCO1: 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
Happy New Year..

Lets take care of your Cargo Needs..Shall We??

We ship out..Foodstuffs..Auto Parts..Containers..Clothes..Fashion Accessories etc..

We also handle Custom Clearance..Ship Documentation..Export wuthout XRP..etc.

Contact us for Enquiries..08088450891

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
ZUBY77:
I planted Usdt on a small mobile phone.
I make your yearly profit on 2 days.
But then we must eat. So plant palm
How?
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Obascoetubi: 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
maiiilooo:
Omo..op I was opportune to serve in Kogi state in a village rich with cashew trees and palm trees, though I don't know much about cocoa but I will advise you to go for cashew.
I never knew Cashew was profitable untill I served in that village. A bag of cashew normally fluctuate within the price of 45k to 70k . Though the first 3 to 5 yrs you will just be maintaining the plants and making sure the plant are in good condition.
However,you might even start cashing out before the 4th or 5th year and one good thing is that you won't be spending much in it processes compared to the others ..And it continues like that forever.

By the way op ..I am unemployed oo grin. U can also employ me , I can be working for you on your farm
I dey abocho in kogi state, many ppl has plenty cashew in their farm, plenty palm tree here but no cocoa,,,,,,,,,,,, many young guys wey dey do big cashew biz (buy plenty bags and sell) they get car, house oo

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by pragmatistm(m): 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lesgupnigeria:
If you are looking to make good money,go for oilpalm
Out of the 3 crops;cocoa, cashew and oilpalm
Oilpalm has the highest value added index
You can process palm fruits into palm oil,palm kernel oil,sell the palm kernel shaft,make broom,etc
Its more capital intensive to process cashew,and cocoa to their respective other value added products.
You either sell raw cashew or the raw cocoa with no value added to it to make money.

2 hectare of raw cashew nuts will give you 1 ton at first commercial harvesting which is about 300k -400k
2 hectare of cocoa will give you about 800kg which is about N450k
2 hectare of oilpalm will give 10 tonnes of processed palm oil at let's say N800 per kg
10 tons is 10,000kg
Which is about N8m
So 2 ha of oilpalm farm will give you N8m
Now compare 8m to 400k and 450k cashew and cocoa will give you
Go for oilpalm!!

Great analysis from an informed fellow. I love this.

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by maiiilooo(m): 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
Obascoetubi:
I dey abocho in kogi state, many ppl has plenty cashew in their farm, plenty palm tree here but no cocoa,,,,,,,,,,,, many young guys wey dey do big cashew biz (buy plenty bags and sell) they get car, house oo
Nice ..I know abocho naa
I stayed in emewe opada

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Xkay29(m): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
My brother the three you mentioned are all good investment and profitable.My experience about the three investments depends on your commitment, patience and monitoring or maintenance. There are considerations you need to put in place before you venture in that kind of investments. Consider the area and the land you have gotten,palm and cocoa thrives well in a fertile land and mostly in a savannah area while Cashew grows best in mostly rocky or areas with not much water.There are Cashew species that produces nuts in three years of planting and cocoa takes like five years and also for palm. Just little explanation i could shear.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Vatod(m): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Thinking of starting up a tobacco farm
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by SocialJustice: 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lesgupnigeria:
If you are looking to make good money,go for oilpalm
Out of the 3 crops;cocoa, cashew and oilpalm
Oilpalm has the highest value added index
You can process palm fruits into palm oil,palm kernel oil,sell the palm kernel shaft,make broom,etc
Its more capital intensive to process cashew,and cocoa to their respective other value added products.
You either sell raw cashew or the raw cocoa with no value added to it to make money.

2 hectare of raw cashew nuts will give you 1 ton at first commercial harvesting which is about 300k -400k
2 hectare of cocoa will give you about 800kg which is about N450k
2 hectare of oilpalm will give 10 tonnes of processed palm oil at let's say N800 per kg
10 tons is 10,000kg
Which is about N8m
So 2 ha of oilpalm farm will give you N8m
Now compare 8m to 400k and 450k cashew and cocoa will give you
Go for oilpalm!!!

Wow, and CPO can be refined further to produce vegetable oil and Margarine sachets. Just from 5 acres.

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
SocialJustice:
Wow, and CPO can be refined further to produce vegetable oil and Margarine sachets. Just from 5 acres.
Yes,right
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
pragmatistm:
Great analysis from an informed fellow. I love this.
Thanks
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Gerrard59(m): 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
From my rudimentary knowledge, oil palm and cashew are the most profitable only if you utilise the entire value chain. That is where the money comes from. Oil palm has many derivatives, just like crude oil, that are in high demand globally (look towards export). In fact, I dare say cassava has greater potential than cocoa.

In the end, focus on the numbers and how you can process them. The processing is where the money is not just the harvested crops.

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Venom11(m): 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2023
ZUBY77:
I planted Usdt on a small mobile phone.
I make your yearly profit on 2 days.
But then we must eat. So plant palm
Senior man, how I go fit use usdt make quick profit, like daily or even weekly?

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Obascoetubi: 10:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
maiiilooo:
Nice ..I know abocho naa I stayed in emewe opada
I thought u no be igala guy.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by billyG(m): 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
The two hectares is small to make reasonable commercial profit.I would have advice u to plant rubber it will take more trees per hectare but has a long maturity period.7yrs
weeding & clearing bush for 7yrs.no be beans.
Oil palm will be good but you need to add value to 1st b4 money start rolling,a small oil processing factory would take at least #5m.besides it has a high maintenance cost.
*Cashew is preferable it low in maintenance & processing cost. But less tree per hectare 400 trees.3years to fruiting.#600k/ton.
harvest,dry,bag & sell
*Cocoa is also advisable d most expensive cashcrops among d 3..#1.2m/ton.
More trees per hectare:1100trees.
Fruiting 2-3yrs.
Easy to process: harvest,ferment,dry,bag & sell.
Global demand more than supply even if 30 states in Nigeria is farming cocoa massively the global supply gap cannot be filled.
Plantain & banana is another moneyspinner.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by billyG(m): 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
gabbytabby:
Explore your marketing options there in lies your decision. If you have a ready market close by then there is your money.

I see some suggestions like banga etc how does one package this, high grade steel if you do not want to poison people not a small outlay.

In what form can you sell it.

Use polythene to satchet it like Gino tomato.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by ORAFA(m): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
Obascoetubi:
I thought u no be igala guy.
Who are you really? Why do you all have the same signature? And why do you all keep sending me emails to connect?

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Majesty33(m): 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
Why not add pawpaw to the list for quick income and within 6-7 months, u are already harvesting and selling to fruit juice factories. U ACN just create a space out of the five hectares to plant these pawpaw and u start making profit while u wait for your cashew and palm fruit.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by billyG(m): 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
Wickedfacts:

They are talking about oil palm and cocoa, you're talking about pepper. You get sense so?

How many pepper farmers do you see riding Benz?
Cocoa farmers have been riding Benz before you were born.
There is money in pepper farming ooo!go to the market & price a bag of pepper.
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Agbalagbi2013: 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
sircatherine45:
The three crops you mentioned are perennial crops. Why don't you use the land to plant ephemeral and annual crops like vegetables, yam, cassava, pepper and other food crops?

Consider quick profitability, cost of before/during/after planting, and soil/fertilizer requirements before you go ahead.
I'm actually working on a personal pension scheme. Don't want to wait for my children before I pay my bills at old age.
I'm

2 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by MorataFC: 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nothing beat palm tree, Bible also confirms it.

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Obascoetubi: 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
ORAFA:

Who are you really? Why do you all have the same signature? And why do you all keep sending me emails to connect?
That was not me, i never send or I don't remember last time i D M on nairaland, where did u see me sending email?
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by sonety2k(m): 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
nurey:

No .market for rubber grin who tell you that, there are buyers in Delta, Edo state, Ondo and Ogun state, rubber is so profitable that they even steal it.

Rubber is known as smelling money and has a long life span in its raw form

2hectares would get you about 1400 stands of trees with a good clone you are looking at around minimum 200kg per week at local price of very low #300per kg and high #500 per kg.

Note if you stimulate, you can get 200 to 300% yield per week.

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by sonety2k(m): 11:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
nurey:

No .market for rubber grin who tell you that, there are buyers in Delta, Edo state, Ondo and Ogun state, rubber is so profitable that they even steal it.

Rubber is known as smelling money and has a long life span in its raw form

2hectares would get you about 1400 stands of trees with a good clone you are looking at around minimum 200kg per week at local price of very low #300per kg and high #500 per kg.

Note if you stimulate, you can get 200 to 300% yield per week.

Following

1 Like

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 06, 2023
JAMO4REAL1:
Go for oil Palm, everlasting
Lol. Cocoa was like crude oil before and it's still the most profitable farming biz. Oil too is good but the quick cash you ll get in cocoa in a year is more than 5years oil palm. Except your biz no boom.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by AreaFada2: 1:19am On Jan 06, 2023
Agbalagbi2013:
Happy new year my dear Nairalanders. I recently acquired 2 hecters of land which I originally planned to use for cocoa (TC series) plantation. But the land agent adviced I plant cashew instead while a friend said it's more profitable if I plant oil palm (Supergene)

As we speak, I have not concluded on which of the 3 crop to cultivate for a small holder plantation of just 2 hecters.

Hence I decided to bring it here to seek your opinions. Your advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation for your responses.
These are the topics we want on FP, not Toke Makinwa's bum bum. Thank you.

All three are good. Like many have already said, analyse soil for suitable crop.

Cocoa is a delicate plant, not like the wild cocoa the Mayas/Ameridians once called food of the gods (Theobroma cacao) anymore. I love cocoa, but you must be passionate and patient. It's almost like breeding livestock.

My people did cocoa for a couple of generations and stories around it abound. 1kg of cocoa is selling around N1,500 this season, depending on location. Not bad at all. Cashew and Cocoa are very vulnerable to bush fires.

Depending on land size you have, ability to process it into oil, crack the kernel nuts or even press out the kernel oil, palm might be better. Palm has no waste. Everything in it can be used. The pressed cracked kernel provides meal that pigs eat. Cracked kernel serves as gravel for mud houses or used to fill earth road potholes, etc.

Cocoa also has no waste. The broken cocoa pod is dried and burnt into ashes. When dissolved in water, and cooked with oil, it's excellent native soap. The ancient chemistry of local saponification.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by godofuck231: 1:21am On Jan 06, 2023
Been to Malaysia and I realised a drum of palm oil costs more than a drum of crude oil , then I realised Nigerians are stupid dunkies

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by yinkeys(m): 2:24am On Jan 06, 2023
Agbalagbi2013:
Happy new year my dear Nairalanders. I recently acquired 2 hecters of land which I originally planned to use for cocoa (TC series) plantation. But the land agent adviced I plant cashew instead while a friend said it's more profitable if I plant oil palm (Supergene)

As we speak, I have not concluded on which of the 3 crop to cultivate for a small holder plantation of just 2 hecters.

Hence I decided to bring it here to seek your opinions. Your advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation for your responses.
grin
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by yinkeys(m): 2:24am On Jan 06, 2023
godofuck231:
Been to Malaysia and I realise drum of palm oil costs more than a drum of crude oil , then I realised Nigerians are stupid dunkies
Really
Wow
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by Alcatel17: 2:26am On Jan 06, 2023
nurey:

I don't think it's in the exclusive list but importing into the country is expensive rather try and export it. Besides no developed country would sell you unprocessed rubber grin

So where can it be sourced cheaply n resold in d states u mentioned dat has buyers??
Re: Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? by nurey(m): 4:13am On Jan 06, 2023
Alcatel17:

So where can it be sourced cheaply n resold in d states u mentioned dat has buyers??

There are local rubber farmers in those states, meet them and discuss on buying from them but you need money to beat bigger buyers.

Company collect and pay after a week, if you can pay immediately they deliver, you may have an edge, then you in turn sell to the companies at a marked up profit but have to wait a week b4 payment.

Note rubber is being stolen too, ensure you do due diligence and not buy rubber from any source, middlemen majorly buy from people they have been to their farms and communities can vouch for, if you are caught with stolen rubber nah big wahala

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Quail Farming In Nigeria / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria / All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.